Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Sins of the Father (G'ran, R'him, dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:16 pm
Hybreoth. Have you the time to spare for a visit? Truthfully, Elzebuth wouldn't be surprised if his son chose to decline the invitation. Feelings had been bruised within the shell, and he fully understood carrying grudges... though his had been focused upon his siblings. Still, he wouldn't hold it against his son if the young bronze chose to decline the invitation. Young as he was, Elzebuth had no doubt that Hybreoth would claw his way to the top of High Reaches' pecking order one way or another. You'll come greet them too, I'd imagine. Elzebuth spoke to his rider, and the silent implication was clear--it would be nothing less than courtesy, and perhaps an expectation to continue to welcome their fellow new riders.

G'ran was silently tiding up the weyr, though it wasn't as though he and Ichta made much of a mess. The firelizards, on the other hand.... Elzebuth's request earned a sour expression and a wordless grumble of noise, but that was as good an assent as any. Yes, he'd go say hello if his presence was desired, though he promised nothing as far as carrying any conversations.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:35 am
Hybreoth was surprised by the invitation from his fa--that brown--but another part of him was pleased. Why shouldn't Elzebuth make such a request? Was it not his due? Was his good opinion not more worth the earning simply because of who he was? The young bronze dragon pondered whether or not he would deign to give the brown an answer.... but, surprise, surprise, pride won the day. While he very well could spurn the dragon that had so utterly betrayed him from within the egg, he was still a baby and while he needed nothing more than R'him, his ego did rather want to be made much of.

Surely, Elzebuth had much making up to do--but ignoring his entreaty would serve him little. No, he would go see what Elzebuth had to say. Not because he needed to, but because...he was choosing to take the higher road. Yes. That sounded right. Excellent.

Finally, the bronze replied to Elzebuth, keeping his words tempered and restrained. I can spare some time, if you so wish it. I shall find you in the Bowl, shortly then. Yes, very good. Neither eager nor too grudging--perfectly restrained and charitable.

Turning to regard His, the bronze leaned over to press his head against his in an entreaty to be attended. R'him was well aware of what Hybreoth wanted, and immediately cupped the bronze's head in his hands, and gave his cheeks a few good scritches.

Come, we must away. I have business to handle with a certain brown, and wish you to be in attendance. His demand was spoken with his usual regal flair, and while it was spoken much like an order, the love behind each word was meant for R'him and R'him alone. It was not a true command--though he did not say it, the little bronze very much so wished his to be there with him, not just for support, but so he might show him off. That Hybreoth's pride wouldn't allow him to be so clearly vulnerable meant he had to disguise his intentions.

Something that, though periodically vexing, R'him found mostly endearing.

"Are you quite certain you weren't once some Lord Holder?" He teased, pulling himself away from Hybreoth so he might rise and grab a jacket.

Hybreoth gave a snort. Of course not, that's preposterous! Simply absurd. Before I was here I was... He hesitated, just a moment, realizing he honestly didn't know what he'd been before he hatched. If anything. Such a concept--and the biology--was still well beyond his little hatchling mind. Of course, he couldn't admit he didn't know, not even to His, so he gave a snort and a sputter. We're wasting time with this frivolity. Come!

R'him tried to choke back a laugh. His bronze was already getting riled up over nothing. "Yes, yes--as you say, let us away then."

So it was, the bronze trotted out into the snowy Weyrbowl, with R'him at his side. He wasn't entirely sure where Elzebuth could be found, but simply picked a direction. Surely, if he did not find him, the brown would seek him out.

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:22 pm
The silence itself told him volumes, and Elzebuth found himself... conflicted. It was easy enough to say he would understand the rejection, but he did find that he might be--bothered. His soothing of young Mihrath in the shell had never meant to be a slight against Hybreoth, but trying to explain that to a baby... well. It was easier said than done. He was almost irritated with his own relief when the young bronze chose to respond, but in this, he was willing to be more humble than he would have with a complete stranger.

The Bowl. He agreed, and twisted his head to stare at His with an expression that could only be described as smug. G'ran rolled his eyes but didn't hesitate to approach and be lifted to his dragon's neck. In a few moments, they were aloft. With snow swirling from the gust of his wings, Elzebuth stood still long enough for his rider to dismount before they approached the pair in the distance.

Elzebuth was not surprised to see how large his bronze son had already gotten, remembering his own early moments filled with incessant itching and hunger. G'ran eyed the pair with his typical scowl, but also raised a hand in greeting. Hybreoth. Elzebuth greeted. And naturally, I assume this remarkable young man is Yours.

Uta
Thirty years later...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 pm
Hybreoth's forked tail flicked behind him as both G'ran and Elzebuth approached. The bronze dragon couldn't help but feel conflicted himself--for on the one hand, he did not so easily forgive those who wronged him; his good opinion, once lost, was lost forever. On the other hand, he was quite eager to show off the man he had chosen to be his, even to a less-than-deserving-brown.

You could just start over, couldn't you? R'him dared to suggest as they made their way over to the older pair.

Hybreoth gave a snort and didn't even deign to respond to His over such a foolish suggestion. Clearly, if Elzebuth had wished to stay on his good side, he wouldn't have so quickly sided with his meddling bronze brother! Though he said nothing to His, R'him wasn't entirely convinced that Hybreoth had written Elzebuth off completely; if he had, they wouldn't be here. Smartly, he kept that opinion quietly to himself.

Stopping before the large brown, Hybreoth gave a small rumble in gretting. He did spread his wings just so, and craned his neck ins such a position as to look larger and even more imposing--but compared to a fully-grown brown, and a beast of a brown at that, he was still quite small indeed. You assume correctly on both counts--he is Mine, and he is quite remarkable. That my clutchmates had such subpar pickings after I found Him would be regrettable, had they not been so foolish as to overlook him from the start. He had not been the first to hatch, after all, nor the first to Impress. There had been things to do, and Candidates to reproach, after all. Nevermind that had one of his clutchmates Impressed to R'him first, Hybreoth would have been well-put out--the fact remained, His was and would always be the best.

R'him, for his part, gave a wave in return to G'ran. "I'd apologize for bringing you out into the cold for this meet-up, but I suspect Hybreoth is double pleased for the effort." He hadn't expected Elzebuth's to come along, but didn't begrudge the man for it. He did, certainly, begrudge the cold--but Western's weather was significantly milder, even at it's coldest.

Tsunake
Thirty years that were well worth the wait!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas