Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Water and Oil (Yunara, I'zel, and Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm
User Image It was the first rest day that they'd had, and Yunara was more than happy to spend it with Ardoxshoth. Settled within one of the cozy alcoves within the shared space in the barracks, the queenrider was presently engaged in needlework as the gold looked on. This tunic in particular was for R'him, whom she'd noticed didn't have any finery. In the basket beside her were a few articles of clothing that were destined to belong to one of her fellow weyrlings - one for each of those that hadn't had fancy Gather clothes.

Although there was still quite a lot of work to do, she thought that Hybreoth's colors suited the tunic very well. Frowning in concentration, the girl bent over her work, and her dragonet did the same. "Baby, I can't see what I'm doing with your shadow on it," she said gently, reaching out with her free hand to stroke the little queen's eye ridge. Ardoxshoth pressed her wedge shaped head against her hand, soliciting further scritches.

But I can see what you're doing, the queen told her, her tone conveying that she felt that such hard work ought to be spent on her. But for her siblings, she supposed... it must be allowed. They were, after all, hers. Wasn't it more like borrowing, when they wore something her rider made? Mihrath's is here, Ardoxshoth formed Yunara, glancing up. So, it would seem, was Mihrath himself. A flicker of red briefly graced the queen's gaze before it returned to soft blues and greens.

Mihrath, Ardoxshoth said by way of greeting. You should come sit by us. Mine is making something. This activity, she felt, was quite important, and she was being the soul of generosity in sharing it with him.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Being idle was not something I'zel was used to doing, even though he knew today was a rest day. So he had gathered some scrolls from the records room, to do a little reading of things about the Weyr. He wanted to know all he could about his new home. He headed back to the barracks with the scrolls he had borrowed, about to head to his own area to work on them. Mihrath was walking beside him, though the young man knew he wouldn't be able to have his bronze beside him like this for much longer.

I may get bigger, but I am always beside you. And eventually I will be showing you even more when I can fly with you,Mihrath reminded proudly. He made sure to send his rider a wave of love, they were connected now for as long as they lived. He was still glad his rider had taken the chance, even with how hurt the bronze had been. He was about to suggest reading outside, when he noticed his golden sister and her rider. He saw the brief flash of red in Ardoxshoth's eyes, his own doing the same. However, he felt a mental nudge from I'zel at that, causing his eyes to switch to blue.

I know you have opinions about your sister, but please play nice. Your sister offered to let you sit with you, so the least you can do is sit for a bit. I will be right there,I'zel reminded his beloved bronze gently. He led the way over, before sitting down close to where Yunara was working needlework.

I suppose I can play nice, Mine, since you asked. Plus, I am kind of curious about what her rider is doing. Ardoxshoth,Mihrath thought privately to his rider, before addressing his sister cordially. He sat near his rider and the pair, he could definitely put his best foot forward.

"Hello Yunara. I hope Mihrath and I are not disturbing your work,"he greeted his fellow weyrling.

Mr Cheri

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:29 pm
User Image
In Ardoxshoth's opinion, it was all very well for her to show a flare of red. It was her right, as a queen. As herself. However, it felt entirely different to see the hint of red within Mihrath's gaze. Though the baby was a trifle spoiled as it was, her rider reminded her gently of her plan to incorporate all of her siblings within her coterie. How could she lash out now, when she did not know where Mihrath might one day stand?

Still... there were some unresolved disagreements between the two. Brother. The little queen inclined her head in the slightest show of acknowledgement as he approached. Her was, after all, one of her Sparklies, if not one with whom she had a good relationship. What is that that Yours has? she finally asked, taking note that I'zel had not approached empty-handed.

For her part, Yunara was distracted enough in keeping Ardoxshoth from voicing her opinions that she did not immediately respond, except to smile. After a moment, however, she glanced over at I'zel. "No, not at all. If anything it's good for Ardoxshoth to have someone else to focus on for just a moment. She's been standing over me since I started." Which, all things considered, was not a crime. It was, however, a little difficult to get sufficient work done when the lighting was poor.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:43 am

I'zel was curious what exactly Yunara was working on, but socializing was still something the young man was trying to be better at. He was more optimistic, thanks to Mihrath, but that didn't change his only really conversing when he was doing things for classes. That and he was making sure his bronze stuck to his word of being good and not speaking his mind. It wasn't easy, when he knew Mihrath saw things very black and white. He believed he had a right to decide what was right and wrong, that he was allowed to judge as a bronze. The black haired young man knew the bronze had quite the opinions on his sister's actions, both at the touching and hatching. Thankfully, the gold asked about something that would keep his dragon from voicing such things, for the time being.

He picked up some scrolls from the record room. He wanted to learn more about our home, so thought he would do some reading. I think he thought a little extra studying would do him some good. If you do not mind my asking, what is Your's working on?Mihrath asked. After all, it was only right to ask something similar of his sister. That and he knew his rider was curious as well, so why not get an answer for both of them. His eyes looked to Yunara, taking it in and listening to their riders speaking.

"Yes, I think it is good for Mihrath to spend time with his siblings as well. I imagine she is interested in what you are doing, since it is new to her. I have been learning how to explain things to Mihrath when I am doing things. Though, I cannot imagine you can see well with her shadow over you. Is that for someone?"he questioned. It was clear it was a tunic to him, even if not so obvious to him for who or what exactly she was doing with it.

Mr Cheri

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:48 am
User Image

Impression had changed so many things for Yunara, including suddenly being surrounded by a lot more people than she was used to. It wasn't a bad thing at all, it was only that she'd forgotten what it was like to be under foot as she currently was. In the kitchens it was easy to disappear and be another face, just another kitchenworker. While she'd served others at her family's teashop in Telgar, it hadn't been quite like this. As a queenrider she'd been under considerable scrutiny. It was almost a relief to be having such an ordinary conversation with a fellow weyrling.

"Yes, it's for R'him. There. Well, there were several who Impressed with us who didn't have anything nice to wear to the Feast. I know how to embroider, a little." It had felt like something she could do to actually help others, even if it was a small thing. Even with Ardoxshoth's presence and encouragement, she was still getting used to the new normal. "I've explained everything to Ardoxshoth, it's just that she wants a closer look." It was rather endearing, really, but this type of fine work needed good light to complete with any measure of success. Ardoxshoth rumbled, closing her wings demurely upon her back as she observed her rider.

My Yunara is doing 'embroidery', she informed Mihrath proudly. It seemed like something not everyone could do, and of course Hers could. Does yours like to read? the queen asked, genuinely curious about what her brother's rider seemed to enjoy. While she couldn't say that her rider disliked reading, it did not appear common at all to Ardoxshoth to do so in one's free time. Then again, Hers had chosen to do something uncommon as well. Embroidery makes clothes fancier - Mine is using a needle to do it. Rather than explaining what a needle was, Ardoxshoth sent her brother an impression of it - a small bit of metal that was sharp and could carry the brightly colored thread through cloth.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm

I'zel actually was enjoying having a normal, non class related conversation with someone. It had been so long since he had allowed himself to just talk about normal things, he had almost forgotten what it was like. The last time he really had talked like this, was back with those that had been left of his caravan. Even then, it was always with a bit of a dark cloud hanging over his head. Probably because the people of the caravan, while he loved them, had been close to his family. Then as a candidate, he was just afraid of getting close to people, thinking he would lose them.

Well, it is a good thing I came into your life, correct? Though I did worry that you would turn me down when I was hurt,Mihrath admitted softly.

Of course not, I couldn't turn down my own dragon. I was scared of losing you, it is true..but realized you needed me to make sure you got better,I'zel thought back to his bronze. His attention turned back to Yunara as she explained it was for R'him, a fellow bronze rider. He nodded, it was true, some of their fellow weyrlings didn't have a lot of nice clothing. While he wasn't the best dressed, he had had things he had gotten before he was searched. They were humble clothes, but that was how he liked it.

"I don't know R'him very well, but I would imagine he will appreciate your gift greatly. And from what I am seeing, you seem pretty good at embroidery. I know a bit, thanks to helping my mom,"he admitted quietly.

Meanwhile, Mihrath got the mental image from his sister, seeing the pointy thing that was called a 'needle.' He prodded his rider, seeing what he knew about this silvery thing. He felt more images from his rider, as I'zel tried to explain what it was for.

Mine says that these needles are very important. I must see more of this embroidery stuff, it sounds interesting,he mused to his sister.

Mr Cheri

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:33 pm
User Image

For the first time in awhile, Yunara felt herself relax. I'zel's company was quite unlike that of most bronzeriders; he was relatively quiet and unassuming, something that certainly hadn't been true of K'rou. Between the pleasant chatter of the dragonets - the impression of which she caught distantly from Ardoxshoth - and the completely normal conversation, Yunara felt quite at home. Her needle darted skillfully in and out of the fabric, a scene slowly coming to life on R'him's tunic. She'd finished the border, bronze thread set against cream in an elegant scrolling pattern.

"I hope so. I hope he doesn't mind what I choose to do with this," she said softly, eyes on her needlework. It was not out of rudeness, of course, but because she certainly couldn't successfully complete this self-assigned task without looking at what she was doing from time to time. "I've had more time to practice embroidery at the Weyr than I did at home." Although it was highly debatable whether Telgar Hold could truly be considered 'home' at this point. Certainly, Ardoxshoth did not agree, giving a little rumble of disapproval at her words.

A brief smile crossed her lips. "Oh? I'm surprised, but I don't know why. You do seem to be a man of several talents." Some of them unexpected, certainly, but not altogether unheard of. While not everyone who knew how to embroider was a weaver, they certainly made up the majority. "I don't know him well, either," she confessed. "We met at the Hatching, mainly because Ardoxshoth does seem to enjoy the company of her brothers and sister." It had not gone unnoticed to Yunara that Ardoxshoth seemed to hold at least a slight partiality toward her 'Sparkly' siblings.

Pleased that Mihrath had recognized the importance of the concept, Ardoxshoth settled in a little more comfortably. Mine does much of it, she told her brother proudly. She has just learned that Yours also can do embroidery. Though it seemed that Mihrath's had not come prepared for embroidery today, if the gold were any judge. Then again, for all the little queen knew, he might be hiding supplies somewhere. The idea of embroidery, while growing in familiarity, was still new to her. It seemed that sometimes riders would bring a basket with them, and inside the basket were things that one could use to do this 'embroidery'.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:26 pm

I'zel let a contented sigh come from his lips, finding himself relaxing as well. He never would have thought it possible, considering how much he sucked at normal conversations. Sure, he could hold them, but it was usually on a professional manner. This was just restful and getting to know each other kind of thing. He watched as Yunara worked on the tunic, seeing she had used some bronze thread for part of it. Of course it made sense, since she was making it for a bronze rider. One day, he should get something that reflected Mihrath's colors. Maybe he could make something himself, though he was definitely out of practice.

Anything you find or make would be loved. I would know you made it to represent me. As long as you wore it proudly,Mihrath suggested. He felt the smile from his rider form at what he had said, good, he did his job.

"I am sure when you explain the reasoning, he will appreciate what you have done. I can imagine not as much time with lessons, but definitely on rest days you would have more time to work on it. I take it from what you said, you were kept busy back home? And yeah, Mom felt it was good for me to know things to help my siblings or myself. I haven't gotten to do so in awhile though,"he confessed.

Mine says that he is..'rusty' with embroidery. I am not quite sure what that means though. He does think Your's is doing quite well. Oh and I forgot, I never answered your question about Mine's reading. He does like doing so,he responded.

Mr Cheri

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:34 am
User Image

The rhythm of needle through cloth was soothing, granting Yunara a further level of comfort to the experience. It was a reminder of home, as well as happy times during her childhood. She'd never quite given it up, especially given her grandparents' feelings regarding her future. "I hope so. I know that it can be difficult to accept gifts when they seem... well. High handed?" Honestly, Yunara wasn't entirely sure of the reception of this gift. Yet she knew all too well how it felt to arrive in a place like this with so little finery.

... If this could be said to be finery, in any case. Humming softly for a moment, the young queenrider worked diligently at the intricate swirls she'd created for this particular piece. It would have been nice to be able to do this on a regular basis. "I was very busy, yes. My family owns a teashop in Telgar Weyr. It's been in the family for Turns, and..." She'd been set to inherit it. Somehow or another, she'd given up everything to be here, and not even for herself. But now that she had Ardoxshoth, how could she truly have any regrets? Leaving that behind to help K'rou had meant she'd had to give up that inheritance to one of her cousins.

How fortunate that I am better than any tea, the little queen said, intending to soothe her rider. A flicker of yellow dimmed the vivid blue of her eyes, however, and Yunara reached out to pat her.

Yes, love. Ever so much better! How could she help but smile with her darling was trying so hard? "If you're ever curious about tea, I can brew just about anything," she offered, changing the subject just slightly. Glancing up at I'zel from the tunic, she noted that he seemed to have that 'listening' face on again, and suspected that Mihrath was putting in his sixteenth mark to the conversation.

"Would you... would you like to borrow some thread and things?" she asked, a shy smile crossing her lips. "Not today, if you're busy... but... maybe for next time?" For surely even amid all the lessons and dragon care there would be a next time. "If you'd like to practice, I do have supplies." More of them than really she ought to have, and Yunara felt a twinge of guilt at that, quickly suppressed by Ardoxshoth's indignation that her rider should feel guilty for having something so essential to her hobby.

My Yunara says that 'rusty' means that he hasn't practiced... but he can practice if he wants, the queen told her brother, quite pleased that she'd more or less figured out what the word had meant from only the most basic of explanations. Peering curiously down at the two weyrling riders, the gold dragonet wondered how long they might keep doing these 'hobbies' today. Mine knows how to read. But she says there weren't many things to read at 'home'. Clearly Ardoxshoth didn't agree that that place had ever truly been Yunara's home.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:40 pm

I'zel watched quietly for a moment as Yunara worked, there was something soothing about the way she worked with the needle. It might have been that it was just a simple thing or that it reminded him of his mother. A deep sigh escaped from him as he watched her make some beautiful swirls. It was simple, but he thought it made the tunic really shine. He listened as she explained that her family owns a tea shop. A thoughtful look came to his eyes, wondering if maybe he had been there before during their travels. It was definitely a possibility, since the caravan of traders had dealing with many different businesses.

"I can definitely imagine a tea shop would keep one busy. I would imagine I may have even been to this tea shop at some point in my life. My family did a lot of business with different places, so maybe I stopped into the shop when I was younger. It is nice to think maybe we crossed paths or at least our families did,"I'zel responded. He wondered how Yunara had been getting used to the Weyr life, it must be different for her too. Though, he wouldn't trade Mihrath for anything, his bronze was too important to him.

I am glad that life led you here, I'zel. You are the only one for me and you mean a lot to me too. From now on, we are in this together. And it is good Yunara came here as well, for the sake of my sister,Mihrath thought to his rider. Even if his sister and he did not see eye to eye, he would not wish anything bad on her because her rider had not been there waiting.

We were all where we were meant to be. And you still need to try and find common ground with your sister. Who knows, maybe you will find more in common than you realize. Plus it is the right thing to do,I'zel thought back, leaning on Mihrath's sense of justice at the end there. The bronzerider heard Yunara offer any insight he might not know about tea. Honestly, that was something he usually left to his mother, though he kind of wished he knew more about it now. Maybe he could go about learning now, if it wouldn't be too much of a burden on Yunara. Then came the offer of letting him borrow some of her supplies and a soft smile came to his lips.

"I would love to learn more about different teas, whenever you have time. I have always been curious, but decided not to mess with perfection when my mom would make it. I know some of what goes into teas, since I needed to know for things, but that's about it. Also, I am not too busy..I just..well, there is a lot to learn about the Weyr. I feel so far behind those who grew up here, so I don't want to be left behind. Sure, I know more than someone who just came here before the hatching, but still got some work to do. So I wouldn't mind help brushing up on my sewing skills,"I'zel admitted.

He seems to like the idea of practicing and not being rusty. And very good of you to piece that together, I will have to remember that word for later. And oh, not much to read, you say? I don't think my rider would survive without something to read,Mihrath replied back to his sister. He felt I'zel protest the idea that he would be that bad off if he hadn't things to read.

Mr Cheri

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas