Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:33 am
Welcome to the very shoddy mini guide to Dropplr as it is in Beta

What is Dropplr? Well it originally comes from the, then fake, social network site used by Gaia NPCs see this CI Thread. What is it today? An actual app (well part of the Go Gaia app) that you can use today! It's an unholy mix of several existing social media platforms including Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram.

How do I get it? If you have iOS just make sure your Go Gaia app is up to date! If you have Android you'll need to follow the instructions here to enter the Beta for the Go Gaia app. Some people report a delay in getting Beta access, this may mean that a Gaia staff member needs to manually add people (unconfirmed but the running theory for the delay which can be several hours).

What can I do and how can I give feedback? What features are coming soon? Gaia has it's own lovely thread for that

So if you're just giving a link to Gaia's thread why this one? Why, because this one is the picture version of course!?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:40 am
Your feed basics

To get to Dropplr open the Go Gaia app on your phone and check the bottom navigation for the Dropplr icon. It'll have a little Beta sign on it.
User Image

When you open the app you'll have a blank feed. Mine stayed blank the first time I opened it (until I posted or followed someone) but it will also start blank normally until it loads the feed.
User Image

Once your feed has loaded you'll get a list of posts by yourself and anyone/group you are currently following. Each post will have the person's avatar in a square followed by a bar which contains their flair, if they have one, and their username. It will also tell you their role and how long ago they posted that particular post. The three dots in the corner are for reporting users and posts at the moment. At the bottom of the post is the number of likes (hit the heart to add one, you can like yourself) and the reply button.

User Image  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

Adding your own post

To add a post of your own click the post button in the bottom right corner. The pencil in an orange/yellow circle.
User Image

This will bring up and empty post editing page for you. You can do just a text post or you can add an image. I would suggest writing any text you want first before adding an image as text appears to always be at the top of a post. The UI also getting a bit confusing once you've added an image (to me at least). You'll notice your current avatar shows in a little box in the lower right corner.
User Image

To add an image click on the add image icon in the lower left. The scenery with a plus in and orange/yellow box.
User Image

This should bring up a way for you to add photos, whatever is native to your device.

After you've selected your images to add you should get something like the left for a single image or the right for two images or more. You can see the text sits above the image. When you have more than one image you'll get a set of choices on how you want them aranged as demonstrated by the boxes with multiple subboxes in the area right above the add image button.

User ImageUser Image

If you click on the paint brush icon you will get a set of sliders. These sliders determine the color that borders your image if it is not a square.

User Image

Hit the post button in the upper right hand corner once you're done and your post should show up in your Feed.

User Image  
Groups and Users

To get to the section with groups and users click on the second icon in the upper purple bar, the one that looks like a magnifying class.

User Image  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

screenshot dump

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
Guides

Manage Your Items