Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 pm
R'him couldn't think of a time he'd ever slept better--or hungrier. Not because he was famished, but because Hybreoth was starving. He had never felt such pangs, and had been hurried out to the feeding tables by an imperious bronze. Thankfully, the man hadn't needed much coaxing to get dressed, and was chaperoned to the Feeding Tables by a very insistent bronze.

You shall sit here, Mine, and serve me. Yes, just like that. The little bronze settled down near the tables, eyes whirling red with hunger. He was not always a patient beast, but he knew His needed time to pick up a knife and dive into the carcass. There were assistant's there to help show them how to cut the herdbeast and what sizes were acceptable for the weyrlings--but no one would do it for the weyrlings. This was now their daily duty.

Thankfully, R'him wasn't unaccustomed to chopping up animals. His time in his troupe meant they often hunted game as they traveled between the Holds or when supplies grew low. Still, he had never actually carved a full herdbeast and it only looked appealing because Hybreoth was all-but-salivating. Glancing over at one of his fellows, he gave a smile. "It certainly puts new light on the phrase 'hungry enough to eat a herdbeast'. Is Yours as ravenous as Mine this morning?" He asked, glancing over at V'ek and his blue.

He didn't know either of them, but it didn't matter--they were all weyrlings together, now.

A little less talk and a little more chopping might serve us all well. Hybreoth encouraged, stepping just a bit closer to R'him. He was too proud to drool or beg, but he was still a baby...and he wanted to eat! He did have enough grace to peek over at his brother and offer greetings. Brother. He would have offered a few more words but he was absolutely, utterly, starving...

How cruel.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:22 am
V'ek had never considered that he might be so easily swayed by mental suggestion before he had arrived at High Reaches Weyr. Between the twin golds' very persuasive egg and that bronze at the hatching...

Hey heyyyyyy V'ek! How did you know Hybreoth was on his way?

Hm? He hadn't, but now that Nimiseth had drawn his attention to something other than mindless feeding, V'ek did see the other hatchling and his rider on the approach. A single spike of chilly apprehension crept up the back of his neck until his blue smoothed his thoughts with reassurances and good humor. The memory... the possibility still occasionally touched the young man's mind, that he might have been the one to have his spine snapped if he'd been a little more...

Mine. Nimiseth looked up at V'ek, his eyes blue-violet. Everything's okay.

The dragon sat straight, bobbing his head at his clutchmate. Hybreoth! Good morning! I hope you and yours are doing wonderfully! The meat is very good today. Very good. He nudged V'ek for more, but the weyrling only responded with a reassuring pat to the neck.

"Nimiseth is always ravenous," he replied with a chuckle. "It was a bit of a rude awakening at our feast, but I'm getting a handle on things." He wasn't, not really. For the dragon whose mental suggestions were the hardest to fight was his own. "I'm sure with time he'll outgrow it anyway." Nimiseth nudged again, and this time he was rewarded with another chunk of meat.

Uta

Smerdle

Scamp

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:15 pm
R'him couldn't resist Hybreoth's demands even if he had wanted to. Now that they were staring down a dead animal, even R'him couldn't help but salivate as Hybreoth's hunger-pangs gripped him. It was an odd sensation, to be sure--but he dutifully chopped as swiftly, and as safely, as he could. The sooner his bronze had the worst of his hunger sated, the better for them all.

"Nothing wrong with a healthy appetite, I say," he mused aloud, even as he continued to chop. The blue dragon looked happy and healthy which was all that really mattered at the end of the day. "But at least he's allowed to eat hearty right now. He's a pretty looking fellow--such a nice color, too," he complimented sincerely. Yesterday had been such a rush, that R'him hardly had a chance to look at any other dragon outside of Hybreoth. It was good to sit down with some of his fellows, especially as he had not a clue who most of them were.

Mine, I really should be attended at once lest I expire on this very patch of snow covered ground. Had they been alone, the bronze would have offered a creel--but the baby dragonet was not quite so desperate as all that. Yet.

Thankfully, the man had enough strips choppsed that he could offer his bronze his first mouthful. "Don't forget to chew, now," he encouraged, even as Hybreoth practically tried to take off his fingers with his next greedy mouthful. Thankfully, the bronze obliged, the red of hunger turning into a quite content blue-green in satisfaction.

That's better now, isn't it? He thought idly, before glancing back to V'ek and Nimiseth.

"I'm sure we'll be doin' the rounds of introductions later, but I'm R'him," he introduced with his usual easy amicability.

Hybreoth, for his part, was feeling just satiated enough he could now consider Nimiseth's words with more gusto. With another mouthful of food, he let himself look over Nimiseth and even offered a small croon between swallows. The morning has significantly improved, I dare say. You are quite correct with your assessment of the meat, I heartily concur--and i dare say, desire more than I'm being offered. Is Yours at least giving you your full share? He queried.

Hangry Hybreoth.... or so R'him was beginning to discover.

Smerdle

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff