Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] A Question for the Ages (Niobet/Olliah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:40 pm
There'd been another Hatching. There were still eggs on the Sands. And given the outcome of the last go round, Niobet's curiosity had been piqued.

Not normally one to sit back and let others do the work for her, in a moment of free time between duty and meals, she headed to the Records room, with the intent of looking up the answer.

She found Olliah, instead. For a moment, she considered turning around and leaving the other woman to whatever it was she might be working on, but that wouldn't sate anyone's curiosity and, in truth, maybe the other woman had answers or insights Niobet hadn't yet discovered.

So? She cleared her throat instead, adding a quiet, "I didn't realize anyone was in here. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:41 am
If it wasn't one thing, it was another, and Olliah had very little free-time to call her own. If she wasn't assisting in drills with the other gold riders, listening and helping to answer complaints of disgruntled Holders (and fellow weyrfolk) to soothe them, she was assisting Padmia and others in the lower caverns with the storerooms and helping audit the supplies, checking in with the various assigned crafters to find out what was needed (and what was over supplied), reporting to Zheria on the overall state of the rather crowded High Reaches Weyr, meeting with and welcoming new transfers, or helping create, update, and keep precise the records of the times.

Certainly, she could delegate tasks--and often did!--on her fellow junior weyrwomen. But Olliah had always enjojyed keeping busy, and Zheria depended on Olliah to take on some of the more domestic and localized tasks, especially when she dealt more political complications.

That Niobet found her in the records room was not uncommon--especially with Anakumath's young brood well hatched, and Banshideth's ready to go any day. Glancing up at the woman, Olliah offered a smile. "Not at all! I was just updating some of the records to account for this sevenday's excitement." In particular, a few of the Candidate records--noting who Impressed what, and on which day--and from where. They would need to follow-up again after Banshideth's broke shell.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:19 pm
Well, if she wasn't interrupting... Niobet let her smile widen a little, and she invited herself more properly into the room. In another place, in another lifetime, she might have simply hitched herself up onto the corner of the desk, made herself comfortable and launched into conversation from there. She couldn't claim to know Ollah well enough to know whether she'd be amused or insulted by such a thing, though, so she simply stopped by the corner of the desk and keot to her own feet.

"It's funny you should mention that. I was just coming to look up records myself. It seems we Northern types have set off a sort of trend lately, doesn't it? Hatching twins from one shell? And of more importance, hatching twinned Queens. I would have thought that it was something rare, even unheard of before now, and yet..." She spread the fingers of one hand like a sort of shrug. "It seems to be, as I said, a growing trend. And it makes me wonder and, I suppose, worry a little."

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff