Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Sins & Virtues Clutch Lesson] Pick a Card - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:29 am
I'zel and Bronze Mihrath

Roll 1: 7. Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts, odds you guess wrong (it is a riding strap) and lose -3 pts.
Roll 2: 7. Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts, odds you guess wrong (it is a riding strap) and lose -3 pts.
Roll 3: 3. The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 4:
Roll 5:
(Doing so with an NPC)

I'zel focused again, knowing he had gotten the belt right, but had been wrong about the second object. How was he supposed to know that it would be a belt again? However, now looking through Mihrath's eyes, he saw his fellow weyrling holding up what seemed to be a playing card. He made sure to concentrate as hard as he could, just to make sure he was right on this one.

"It is a playing card,"he finally spoke.

"I think it is  
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:34 am
Here's hoping at being able to read the card for I'zel.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 am
I'zel and Bronze Mihrath

Roll 1: 7. Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts, odds you guess wrong (it is a riding strap) and lose -3 pts.
Roll 2: 7. Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts, odds you guess wrong (it is a riding strap) and lose -3 pts.
Roll 3: 3. The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 4: 9. Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts
Roll 5:
(Doing so with an NPC)

I'zel had been right about the playing card, he felt much better. He figured he was ready as his partner pulled out a new object. It looked soft, the young man reasoned. Now what was it, that was definitely the question, wasn't it?

This is such a wonderful exercise, we are getting better at our bond. You can do this,his bronze said with pride.

"Is that a blanket?"the black haired young man asked. It was hard to focus completely with his dragon's excitement. He was going to need to work on that, where he could concentrate even when his dragon was expressing emotions.  
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 am
I'zel and Bronze Mihrath

Roll 4: 9. Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts
Roll 5: 8. Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts

Total: 4 pts
(Doing so with an NPC)

I'zel waited as his partner pulled out another object for him to guess. As it was, he worked on looking through Mihrath's eyes to try and identify it. It definitely seemed like a familiar object as the bronze worked to bring it into focus for him.

It is a sandal, Mine. It was what my sister wanted, though I do not know why. Seems silly to demand sandals from candidates,Mihrath thought firmly.

"It is a sandal,"he said out loud, since he agreed with his bronze. As for the part about his sister, he knew his beloved dragon had opinions on what happened during the touching.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:01 pm
((OOC stuff:

magna won the first flit by having an impressive 29 point total at the end of the game. Good job!

User Image

This little blue boy by Zaikt is yours. For the second flit, I will be rolling from everyone (except magna) to see where it goes.

This lady by Meep will be going to whomever is rolled! c:

User Image))

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:11 pm
((The list I'm rolling from was created based on when people rolled their fifth prompt, FYI!))

1. Mr Cheri
  2. Tsunake
  3. Meepfur
  4. SilverLutz
  5. Uta
  6. faesinger
  7. houllow
  8. Smerdle
  9. dawns_aura
  10. Hattaki
  11. Princess_Feylin
  12. demon_pachabel
  13. Samuel Carlin
  14. Shaddaling
  15. Zaikt
  16. Prism Shine
  17. Spockat
  18. Dea and #Teddy#

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:13 pm
magnadearel

User Imageby Zaikt

demon_pachabel

User Imageby Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:20 pm
The exercise had concluded, and with very satisfactory results indeed. Weyrlingmaster Z'von returned to the front of the room, taking a seat at the desk. "A very good job, everyone. From this lesson you should hopefully have gotten some practice with your bond. Along with that practice, you have now had your first chance to see through your dragonet's eyes. Many of you had the opportunity to help your baby remain calm through the exercise, and even got a look into what your dragonet has learned and remembered so far. What I'd like each of you to do is take some time now to sit with your dragonets and really explore the bond."

He was quite proud that they'd all finished the lesson, with no one deciding to give up partway through. "Please place all of the items back into the buckets, along with the blindfolds. The assistants will be coming around to collect them, once you are finished. If anyone would like to spend a little more time with a bucket, let me know. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, I am available to answer any of them." As am I, bronze Dhremorath put in, though his immense frame could not fit within this particular room. You have done very well indeed. The Weyrlingmaster's dragon sent a wave of approval to the weyrlings, rumbling outside of the barracks.

all the weyrlings

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items