Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Double the Oil (Yunara/Ardoxshoth + Kinye/Metisoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am
It was quite fortunate that Metisoth had the patience and mind to be an agreeable dragon to tend to. While Kinye had not found any joy in butchering, she sucked it up out of necessity and Metisoth had yet to show a desire to overeat so it wasn't an excessive amount of work. The green also found herself more than able to hold still during oiling which made the task of oiling an admittedly small by comparison green not a particularly difficult task. Kinye, however, did not envy those of her fellow Weyrlings who almost had twice as much dragon to be set to. Sure, they were given ample time, but it was cold and Kinye.....well, she had the time to offer a helping hand.

"Yunara - would you like a hand with oiling Ardoxshoth?" she asked, having already double-checked with Metisoth that everything had been seen to. Surely, it wouldn't hurt to keep her hands a little busy.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm
"Please," Yunara said, a little dismayed by just how much dragonet there was to oil. Not that she wasn't delighted to pamper her baby, who simply demanded the utmost care, but... Ardxoshoth was growing quite quickly, and she'd started out at nearly ten feet in length! "She's going to be big," the girl remarked, quietly envying Kinye a little, whose green was already nicely oiled. Yunara had been at it for awhile now, and it seemed that her queen was no closer to being finished now than she had been at the start. That was probably an illusion, though.

You wouldn't want Metisoth instead, Ardoxshoth said with a certain possessive note in her voice. She is of course a perfectly fine green, but she is not Me. Which was, in Ardoxshoth's opinion, reason enough that her rider should want to oil her more than her sister. The little queen had not stayed perfectly still, as keen as she was to admire the progress Yunara had been making.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:07 pm
Metisoth was content to find as sunny of a spot as she could to lounge in, watching as Kinye gathered up her own oiling tools so she could get to work with Yunara. "For sure she is!" Kinye did not envy Yunara's task of having to regularly bathe and oil a dragon who would surely be almost twice as big as Metisoth in the least. "Maybe as big as her mom?" sure, after a certain point there would be many more helping hands in oiling all of the dragons - and there would be less frequency for the oiling - but early on it was certainly more work than even feeding them.

Who will be in your coterie today, Ardoxshoth? Surely, the train of admirers will be written about by the harpers. there was no sarcasm or derision to the green's question, but more curiosity as to who would find themselves the subjects of her sister's coveting that day - as it wasn't always same from day to day.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:34 pm
Right now it surely was the easiest that it would ever be to bathe and oil Ardoxshoth. It was hard to think that way when the little queen was so many times larger than her firelizards, but... Ardoxshoth was going to be big. Not big for a queen, maybe, for the queen certainly was not large on that scale. Actually, the gold was dainty compared to many of her contemporaries, though exactly the size of her sister. Of her bronze brothers, only Mihrath was smaller. Nevertheless, she was big when compared with her chromatic siblings. "Hmmm... no, I don't think so. I seem to recall that Anakumath was a little larger than she is when at the same age."

Strangely, she did remember how small Anakumath had once been. Wasn't that astounding? Why shouldn't you remember? She is my mother, after all. If the little queen was a trifle smug that her rider recollected such a thing, then so be it. However, she was well able to track what Metisoth was saying as well. Everyone is in my coterie, Metisoth. Even if they don't know it yet. So she had decided, and so it would be. With her rider scrubbing away, she was content to lounge and enjoy her sister's company.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:17 am
"Was she?" Kinye honestly couldn't remember how big the little dragons had been back then, but she'd also been left with all sorts of revolving feelings that had ended up cried all over her mother. "Admittedly, I don't know what is considered big or small for a baby gold, but she could surprise us both and just sprout to take after Rhianth instead," because Rhianth had been big - and she'd only been that close to her the one time.

Metisoth sat as regally as one could consider her to look when she was next to a queen, hardly overwhelmed by the potential comparison. Ah, so you're taking us all out today? It was hardly a surprising answer, given Ardoxshoth's seeming desire to collect.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:14 pm
Naturally Yunara couldn't blame Kinye for forgetting how big Anakumath had been two Turns ago. But Yunara had had a reason to remember then, and even more of one to remember now. "It's true. Hatchling size probably doesn't determine everything about them. It might just as easily be because there were two of them in that egg as anything else." It wasn't that she hadn't thought of that, but... Ardoxshoth and Damahath were not even remotely the only golden twins that had been hatched at High Reaches. Maybe there was something in the archives about it.

And why shouldn't I take all of you out today? You are my clutchmates. As to Metisoth's more private thoughts... well. The queen flipped her wings to fold onto her back, sending oil flying. Your powers of observation astound me, sister. I assure you, my desire to collect is no secret, nor do I intend to make it one. Indeed, why shouldn't she have everything she desired and more? Was it not her due?

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:25 pm
"Ooooh, yeah. I wonder if they'll be the same size when they're big..." Kinye scrunched her face a little as she pictured the bronze twins from the same hatching that Anakumath had come from. While only one of them remained, she felt like they'd grown to be rather different in length - and build. "I guess we'll find out!" she decided after a far-too-long moment of trying to thing about it. Hard thinking had never been Kinye's forte.

Metisoth had no reason to cow from Ardoxshoth letting her know exactly what had been thought of, well...thoughts. The green didn't rile nor startle at being called out for it either. I never thought that it was meant to be. Just that I should have known better than to think you'd want to rotate your company day by day as I was thinking. she stated firmly, but still gently. She wasn't feeling particularly defensive for the callout, after all. Surely you have a collection already - I would so like to see it sometime.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:04 pm
It was hard to imagine Ardoxshoth growing larger than she already was. As it was she was already larger than all of her siblings except for Hybreoth, Lareseth, and Damahath. Yunara, after all, had never cared for anything larger than a gold flit before the dragonet. Although she was certainly putting some elbow grease into oiling the baby, Yunara suspected that this task, already hard, would soon prove to be much more difficult.

"They're big enough as it is. I can only imagine." No matter how large or small they grew to be, Yunara would undoubtedly still be awed by it. There were a lot of dragons in the Weyr, and the sight of them was amazing. It was... a daily wonder. The young woman had gone from a world largely without dragons to one chock full of them. It was... different. Unexpected.

Metisoth's response was, at least, a little mollifying to the queen. She had not cared for the direction the green's thoughts had been tending, but it was gratifying that at least Metisoth was not a hypocrite. Nor did it seem she was afraid. Maybe someday I'll rotate it. But not today. Today, she wanted to enjoy having everyone in her coterie present, so that she might see them and admire them at once. Even those that didn't seem to realize that they occupied such an august position.

Maybe I'll show it to you. For now, though, the queen intended to keep it largely to herself. And why should she not? All the better to admire and enjoy it.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:50 pm
There would come a day when Kinye would look back and struggle to picture any of the Weyrlings in their class being as small as they currently were. Whether that struggle would be as hard as trying to imagine the future....

"It's funny how you get an idea in your head of how big something is, even if you've seen it a few times up close, and then it surprises you all over again," Kinye had seen her share of baby dragons up close even before her first hatching, but she was still surprised how big a 'small' thing could be. Maybe she'd remember it better after so much time set to scrubbing and oiling hide on a day to day basis.

It occurs to me that it is better to do so while we all fit together without much crowding, Metisoth had not considered that to be the potential wisdom behind her sister's decision and certainly, it could have been any other reason, but the practicality of the idea appealed greatly to her. That, and the fact they were all meant to be bonding and socializing as they'd been instructed anyways.

So, she was appeased enough to have no desire to pry or coax further when Ardoshoth covered up her inquiry with a 'maybe'.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 pm
"We also went from firelizards to dragons," Yunara said, brushing away to try to get the oil in some hard to reach places. "But it's... well, it's night and day, isn't it? Firelizards are so easy to oil. I've three, and while they can be demanding little creatures, they don't take much time at all to oil. Not compared to this." The girl could only imagine how it would be once Ardoxshoth grew a little more... let alone at full size. If she was anywhere close to Anakumath's size, that would be... something else. Admittedly, something that queenriders went through on a regular basis. No doubt in time it would become second nature to bathe and oil their dragons.

Yes, that is true. Right now we will all fit quite nicely together, the queen remarked, eyes whirling with blues and greens. Yes, she did like the idea of them all fitting neatly together in one space. Already, the small hoard of ribbons and trinkets had been organized into a box, even though that process had not been done by her. But Ardoxshoth certainly appreciated it, nonetheless. We should get a painting done.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 am
"It was still hard to oil mine at first, so maybe it'll feel much the same as more time passes," like Yunara, Kinye didn't find firelizards to be too difficult to bathe and oil. Simply by comparison of the two sisters so close to each other, Kinye could appreciate that while Metisoth wasn't a difficult dragon to bathe and oil she was also only a little over half the size of her sister. "I'm sure once we get into the flow of doing it every day we'll be masters at making quicker work of it."

A painting sounded a touch less practical to Metisoth than having all of their siblings nicely organized together in the same room. Mine draws, but I do not know if she has ever painted, she looked towards Kinye, who was very set to helping Yunara with Ardoxshoth in silent question, causing her to look up. "No, I've never painted - paints are expensive and it requires someone to not move for long periods of time," she answered out loud - mostly because she still wasn't entirely in the habit of the thought-out exchanges with her dragon.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff