Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] Fair Share (V'ek/Nimiseth + Marty/Anakumath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:19 am
A freshly cleaned and fed gold right on the heels of a successful hatching simply glowed - at least, Martirae felt so. Her beloved was absolutely radiant as she greeted each new Weyrling pair and accepted what congratulations were passed her own way. While Anakumath would never take accountability for any of the matches made, she was simply beaming with pride. Even Marty herself cracked an uncharacteristically warm smile. She'd never had anything like a maternal instinct to her as far as she knew, but the gold's simply radiated out of her face.

While she'd find the wonders and strengths of each of her children, there had been one that Marty had noted, at least physically, most resembled his mother and when he'd been on the approach Martirae pointed out the small blue, Nimiseth, to his rider. They bore a similarly marked hide and well....Anakumath had always been a round dragon.

Hello, my sweet Nimiseth. he'd been one of her more sociable children in the shell and she greeted him with that warm familiarity as she reached out to nuzzle the top of his head, sending along a wave of adoration to his rider as she did so. How was that first meal you were so looking forward to?

Martirae inclined her head in greeting to V'ek. "Your first feast as a rider - is it everything you imagined it would be?"

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:56 pm
"My first feast as anything," V'ek replied, his smile brightening as he bowed his head to Martirae. He looked up at Anakumath in the wake of her welcome, feeling a touch of color rise in his cheeks. It was still so very strange to find emotions in his head that weren't originally his. But he would have to get used to it. V'ek tried to send something back that was a mix of gratitude and happiness, uncertain if the gold could feel it at all.

"I suppose I've been very lucky in that I arrived only a few months ago, and now..." He watched Nimiseth race toward his mother, the weyrling's eyes fond.

Yes, mama! Hello! The blue pushed upward as she nuzzled him, then made a few more excited turns before flopping in place. It was so much better than I could have ever imagined! I can't believe I'm going to get to eat meat whenever I want! Nimiseth stood again, hopping closer to Anakumath's front leg and leaning against it. How are you and papa doing? I was very tired after we all hatched, so I had to take a nap. It had felt like such a disappointing waste of valuable eating minutes at first, but there had been singing and V'ek had rubbed at his eye ridges and headknobs the whole time, which had all been very nice.

"But, yes. I know that tomorrow our work begins, but tonight I think I'll just try to take it all in." There would never be another feast like this.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:38 am
"Well, sometimes you simply arrive at just the perfect time for who needs you. I came to High Reaches from Western to stand for what was planned to be a one and only time - and well..." Marty looked towards Anakumath who trilled softly with delight at the warm greeting of her son.

"It's good for everybody involved that coincidences align as they should have."

Anakumath watched, her eyes whirling with purples and blues as she watched her son, practically preparing to just nestle him up against her chest as he flopped, adjusted, and seemed to settle again. Wonderful! I will have to show you how to find the tastiest wherries and herdbeasts, oh, she could hear Ingonth lamenting them already, when you are big enough to hunt. While Nimiseth would certainly discover such on his own, she couldn't help but want to be a part of all the little things her darlings would go on to do.

I am feeling wonderful, love. I finally get to see you all at last - and I will miss you during the days now that you have hatched. she admitted with no shame.

"It does," Martirae agreed, "try to not follow what my class did and get sick - it felt like we all did in a fell swoop. This may be the most special feast I've gotten to celebrate at since I impressed."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm
"That sounds... well, it sounds rather dreadful." He would have to find out more about this weyrling plague when he was feeling less celebratory. It was difficult to summon the appropriate level of sympathy at the moment. "I'll definitely try to prevent that." He smiled.

"I imagine it has been quite an interesting time for you," V'ek continued. The anticipation had been all-consuming as a candidate. Surely it was worse for the goldrider directly involved? Or better? He had not had any particular dragonet color bias prior to all of this, but in hindsight he was very glad that Nimiseth was blue. V'ek would never be expected to be a father by proxy, worrying over his dragon's eggs.

Nimiseth went quiet for a moment as he considered what mama had said. He hadn't thought that he would one day need to find his own food, but that was okay! Mama would show him how!

That sounds like fun! he chirped. Anything he could do with his parents was the best thing to do! Next to the things he did with V'ek. And maybe his clutchmates sometimes. They were all good! I'll visit whenever I can. You don't need to miss me at all! He wasn't sure if he would ever think of his time in the egg as something to go back to, even if others were nostalgic for it. Probably not, since it was already fading from his thoughts. The outside world was much more exciting. There was food here, and he could walk around wherever he liked. And he could cuddle too! That was particularly nice.

We can hunt soon, he declared with a nod. Is it hard?

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:22 am
"It was," for Martirae it had been a particularly awful spectacle emotionally. Illness was one of the few things that made her go from a confident and capable woman to a bundle of fearful paranoia. It was well rooted, of course, but she didn't much care for the transformation.

She considered V'ek's half-inquired statement for a moment. "I'm not sure where my feelings on it all end and where Anakumath's begin, truly. But, I can say I am proud of every step," it had been a decent-sized clutch of healthy dragons and they had all found their riders. Nobody had died. Whether or not she'd worry for the Weyrlings as they went through their training was still up in the air, however.

Anakumath hummed at Nimiseth's words. I will look forward to your visits, my love, she said. Though it would not be the same as it had been, being set around her clutch and having her entire days devoted solely to them all. Some would be forever independent like their father had been and she would have to settle with loving them from afar most of the time.

Soon enough, Nimiseth. she certainly didn't want him to rush past those meals with his Rider that would become nostalgic once he was far too big for them. It won't be hard - I am certain you will like it.

Smerdle

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff