Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Pride and Prudence (R'him/Hybreoth + Kinye/Metisoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:11 am
A sevenday in, bonding with their fellows was just as important as it would be in another month, two more, three - closeness between the siblings was one of those developmental steps that Kinyegele hadn't questioned as being normal. Metisoth, bless her hearts, hadn't been one born with much 'play' to her. While she mingled and had taken a shine to mothering several of her clutchmates with doting and care, the raucous romping that many of the others displayed was just beyond her. Her time had been better spent nosing after Ignaviath to try and spur him into play - an act that was mostly a practice in futility - or allowing Lufianth her dependant clinging, as her patience was a deep wellspring for such behavior and a part of her seemed to like it.

In fact, she seemed quite agreeable to most of her siblings, even if there were still a few bruised feelings between her and a few of them. That was something Kinye couldn't abide by, so she'd been taking her time to make her own friends with each new Weyrling that would tolerate the shining girl's obliteratingly sunny disposition.

"R'him!" while he'd been there for even a few days before the hatching, Kinye approached the young man with the knowledge that a sevenday together as Weyrlings hadn't magically formed bridges to friendship. But it was a cold enough morning that she had the good forethought to come bearing a cup of hot klah - two! - and offered it to him. "How are you faring with the cold so far?"

Certainly, bundled up in her well-worn and weather appropriate clothing, Kinye looked like an old expert by now. Metisoth, at her heels, had no strong feelings about the chill one way or another. Being a dragon, the cold did nothing for her either way. You are positively radiant this morning, Hybreoth, Metisoth greeted her brother - as an oiled metallic hide did have a way of glimmering and she was riding on Kinye's friendly mood.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm
A sevenday had passed, and R'him had yet to come down from his Impression high--not that he had any wish for such a thing. If anything, the man almost dreaded the day he would wake up and not be awestruck by the bronze who had chosen him above all others. To say that his entire life had changed was an understatement, and the bronze dragon had immediately become his world. He supposed every one of his fellows felt such deep feelings for Theirs, but every day brought something more wonderful than the last.

The Westerner had enjoyed his past senday at High Reaches Weyr, though his focus had been entirely on getting to know his beloved boy. Hybreoth was certainly a character, and he delighted in his charms; even when hew as being stubborn, or in moments where they began to butt heads, the love he had for him never waned. It amazed him every day that he had a new champion in his dragon--and while he had always imagined how nice it might be with such unwavering support, the reality was incomparable. R'him had never had much by way of stability--his life in the Caravan had kept him alive, but all under threat of abandonment if he stepped out of line or didn't pull his weight. Even his stint as a Western Candidate had the understanding that if he failed to Impress, he would need to find a new start somewhere else.

But now?

High Reaches was his home, well and truly. Not only did he feel he owed the Weyr his service out of gratitude, but Hybreoth had made it clear this was HIS home, and the bronze would brook no argument on the matter. Though the weather was extremely cold, and he still found himself quite lost more often than not, he was happy--well and truly so. He was eager to acquaint himself with the new Weyr, and its people. Thankfully, the first few days were all about bonding with Hybreoth, as well as his fellow weyrlings--and it was something the rider relished. While there were still some moments of concern--he was still working things out with Elibrie, and had complications concerning what befell a certain man--for the most part, he found High Reaches to be a friendly sort.

Far warmer than he'd expected, really.

This morning was no exception. With Hybreoth freshly oiled after the morning's meal, the bronze rider had some time to himself. The little bronze had been happily strutting around in the snow, wings half-spread to soak in the sunlight offered, and posing now and then so he might look best to those who passed by. It was a clear enough day, but it did mean it was bitterly cold. While that didn't upset Hybreoth none, R'him still found it exceptionally chilly. Even his warmest Western garb needed some work--thankfully, the Weyr had supplied all of its weyrlings with proper winter attire if they had none or lacked it. While it wasn't the fanciest clothing, it was well crafted, and would suit him well.

Thankfully, Kinye was there, and much to his surprise, had brought a cup of something warm. He accepted it eagerly, offering her a smile and a nod of thanks. "Good morning, Kinye," he greeted, feeling relatively confident that was her name. He was trying to learn them all--and not rely on Hybreoth whispering them to him. "You guys don't mess around--but I don't mind the change. The extra layers definitely help." He might not have been able to show off his fine figure, but that meant little to him right now--he was too besotted with Hybreoth to care about that. "The snow's been fun, and the view is pretty breathtaking. Not sure I'll ever get used to it, really," he admitted, glancing up and around. Past the Seven Spindles, there were the tall peaks of the High Reaches Mountains, in all their snow capped glory.

Hybreoth, for his part, did peek over at Metisoth, eyes whirling a relaxed blue-green. If he posed just a bit for her regard, it couldn't be helped. The sunlight glistened off his hide, just as it glistened off the powder snow. Anyone should be so lucky to view him in such a setting. How kind of you to speak such a truth. Are you and Yours quite well this morning? Pray tell, how could they not be, after getting to spend time with him and His?

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:42 pm
With the first cup relinquished into R'him's hands, Kinye held her own with both of hers, savoring the warmth. "Well, at least you're faring alright in the meantime - they're pretty good about keeping fires going and warm drinks on hand," both of which were things she'd never really thought about harder than knowing they were there. A part of her day to day life - just as her dragon now was. The green had settled in as a part of her with no struggle on the weyrborn girl's part, her presence both desired wholly and accepted as what had been meant to be. There, just like the fires and warm drinks.

"The view from the Fireheights is pretty stellar too, especially when everything is covered in snow for what feels like miles. I can't wait to see it with Metisoth," but the snow would be gone by the time the pair could fly at all so it would wait. It could be a dream for the next winter, perhaps. "You missed the big snow storm by a few sevenday at least."

Metisoth was at least polite enough to give Hybreoth the look over he was posturing for, even if it wasn't a special honor reserved only for her elder brother. It was the same look she would have given their mother or even had for Ardoxshoth when Kinyegele had assisted in oiling their restless sister. But she could appreciate the glean of the sun off of his skin in the morning sun. Surely he was out to blind them all with his luster.

Truth does no good when not said aloud, Metisoth agreed. Kinyegele is in good spirits once again and my needs are more than taken care of. because if there was something Metisoth lacked, it was indulgences - even if Kinye tried to will them into existence.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:42 pm
R’him certainly appreciated the warm drink, and like Kinye, savored the warmth that it brought to both his hands and lips. The cold wasn’t something he particularly enjoyed, but he didn’t find it nearly as awful since he had Impressed. Perhaps it was simply the glow of Impression; he had witnessed the besotted faces of weyrlings during his time as a Candidate, and while he had always assumed finding one’s lifemate was world-changing, it was true that it could hardly be described. It wasn’t just a feeling of fulfillment, but experiencing a love so entirely whole in another being seemed to make everything better. Even the chill of winter, though it was uncomfortable, wasn’t enough to deter his good mood--he was here because he had found His, and that made the worst of weather tolerable.

Still, he did enjoy what the Weyr provided, and was grateful that they had spare clothing and gear to share with those less prepared for the climate. “Everyone’s been quite hospitable, really,” R’him confessed. “I’m glad for it though. Seems like a fine enough place to be, even with its varied climate. I’ll have to check out those heights sometime with or without snow. The peaks are mighty taller here than what you find at Western, so I can imagine the view is that much more spectacular.” While R’him hadn ever been through a blizzard, the idea of of snow coming down in sheets still sounded more pleasurable than months upon months of rain that Western could get. The snow made a pretty sight, after all, and Hybreoth did cut a fine figure against the frozen fluff.

“So what’s your story, if’n you don’t mind me asking?” He didn’t know who Kinye was, and while he knew she wasn’t from Western, he didn’t know if she was a weyrbrat or from some Hold or Hall. “Been standin’ long before you found your pretty green?” He figured it was a safe question to ask, and something all the weyrlings had in common, no matter the answer.

Hybreoth appreciated his clutchmates admirable look, and was, at least, satisfied that he’d been given his due. His pride was a great thing, but could still be easily tempered by a little indulgence. Blue eyes whirled a bright hue, even as he regarded his smaller sister and considered her words. Was Yours not well then, good Sister? The bronze asked, surprised to hear that any one of the new weyrlings might be anything less than stellar--Kesucianth’s aside. A tempered response, certainly, but I suppose your satisfaction is all that matters. Might your needs continued to be satisfactorily met. Every weyrling pair was unique, after all, and each had found Theirs in their own way. From what he knew of Metisoth, crowing from the fireheights was not her style.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 pm
Kinye took a long sip from her cup, trying to pace it just right to both enjoy her klah while it was still warm but also enjoy it warming her hands.

"Me? High Reaches Weyr, born and raised. Outside of a few more siblings who are still waiting, we're all dragonriders," and she had little doubt that her brothers would someday find their own, but the hatching sands would never call for her the way they once had. "My sister's green came from the same clutch as Hybreoth and Metisoth's sire. I started standing a little after that." A few turns, certainly, but it hadn't been an unbearable wait.

Especially not with so grand of a payoff.

Oh, no. She was well - just that she is also well today as she was yesterday and the day before that. I'd dare say she has hardly a worry in the world right now, cold was barely worth mentioning when she'd grown up with it and tending to a dragon would never garner complaint. I hardly need more than what I am getting. While I know yours would never leave you so, mostly because she couldn't see Hybreoth tolerating that, I should hope you aren't finding yourself wanting. Perhaps he would desire more attention from his fellows - or had he already attracted the attentions of the 'bronze club' in the older riders? Surely he'd have enjoyed that well enough.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff