"Why couldn't you have hatched in the summer? Would that have been too much to ask?" Haveli looked down at her burning red fingers, the cold having torn into them with enough fervor that she could barely feel them clutching the oiled rag. The n** in the air was giving her enough of a push to try and hurry through this, but her desire to not even have a single thing go wrong on Sathanaseth's care had her taking extra time. The brown was large and growing larger in the mere sevenday since he'd hatched, which meant he was to be oiled as often as she dared without risking his delicate flesh growing spoiled. "Shards."

If I'd hatched in the summer you'd be complaining about working with me in the heat. Sathanaseth raised a wing to allow Haveli the belly underneath, careful to keep it held above them both as though he could block out the chill by will alone. Plus I'd be sweating, you'd be sweating, and be thankful we're not at Western. The brown had no idea about Western save for the thoughts he'd pulled from Haveli, of how it was hot and muggy there and filled with.......people. High Reaches was filled with people too, he supposed, but not like Western. Those were a different sort of people, whatever that meant.

Either way, Haveli sighed and rocked back onto her heels, as she'd been squatting down on her toes in an effort to get as close as possible and keep him as clean as possible. "I think we're done for now. Does it feel like I've missed anywhere?" The little brown gave himself a mental check over before shaking his head, agreeing that yes, they were good. While he might not feel the cold as same as his lifemate he could certainly feel her cold, and so he got to his feet from where he'd been semi-laying. "Let's get moving then, shall we?"

It was early enough in the day she didn't expect anyone to be around, yet it was for the best they tried to avoid others at the beginning of it all. An unwanted encounter was the perfect way to sour the entirety of Sathanaseth's day.

Zaikt