Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] A Lesson in Free Time (Elibrie/Ichta+Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:40 pm
The end of the longest sevenday of her life had arrived, and it was a restday at last - but she was still up early, and of course the first order of business had been tending to Kesucianth. The growing blue now had a full stomach, and she had just finished with his bath and oiling. That it was very cold work barely even registered with her - it was what it was, and it needed to be done. And once she'd finished with Kesucianth and the pale blue had laid himself out in the morning sun, she turned back to the remaining oil and five much smaller blues. Snoops, Moondrop, and Brightstar were tussling, friendly but noisily, while Lord Chomps looked on with disapproval and Lullaby, as ever, was calm and easy, which made him first.

Elibrie lifted him into her lap and set to firelizard spa day, such as it was. It was quick enough work if she wanted it to be, especially compared to Kesucianth, but it was an enjoyable task, and she had the time...finally, a bit of time with which she could do as she liked that wasn't squashed on either side by something she absolutely had to do or somewhere she absolutely had to be. Other than going to see the Mindhealer later, that was, but she had a few candlemarks before then.

x demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:31 am
Cheeeep?

A little brown flitter seemed to have discovered the little spa session, leaning out to sniff at Lullaby without hesitation or care that Elibrie and her coterie were essentially strangers at this point. In fact, he'd have simply climbed right into the girl's lap except for - "Naughty Boy! That is not for you!"

Ichta had never been a loud or authoritative person, but her order caused the tiny brown to almost fold his neck back on top of itself as he looked upside down and backwards to the dark haired woman on approach. If he was in trouble, he certainly didn't show it. Instead, Naughty Boy moved from his near-seige of the lap to fly to the woman who had commanded him down where she received him in her arms, another little green peering down from her shoulder with a soft peep of curiosity.

"I'd apologize for him, but I dare think he's not sorry."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:55 am
"Oh, hello there. Are you here to get in line?" Elibrie cooed softly to their sudden extra company, while Lullaby cheeped his own friendly greeting. The brown was a surprise, to be sure, but quite a pleasant one! The young bluerider had never met a flit she wasn't happy to fuss over.

Lord Chomps was less pleased by the sudden intrusion and was already giving voice to a grumbly hiss when the brown was called away. Even once it was in its bonded arms, he fixed it with a suspicious stare. This was his person, and he shared her enough already!

Elibrie looked up to see the owner of their visitor, and smiled to see that it was one of her aunt's friends, with whom she was passingly familiar. Not well-acquainted, certainly, but they'd met, though while with her aunt Elibrie's focus tended to be primarily on the twins. She just adored littles of all kinds, and couldn't help but fuss over them.

"It's alright. I'd have been happy to add him to the line-up, but I don't think Chomps would appreciate it." He really had been excessively grumpy of late.

With company arriving, Kesucianth sat up to receive them properly, eyes whirling blue-green. Good morning.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm
"Oh, I hardly think Chomps would deter him, even if he got nippy," after all, Ichta had dealt plenty with Tunnelsnake, who was certainly a bitey little thing to practically everybody in their weyr. If she'd been informed Chomps was actually one of those eggs that Tunnelsnake had......well, there'd have been no surprise. "I'm surprised you have time to tend to three when you have to bathe and oil a hatchling dragon every day."

Certainly, Ichta had very little time when she'd been left to tend to Aurinkoth - who was more than happy to return the greeting from his little nephew with a bright bugle of his own. Good morning to you, little Kesucianth! If His hadn't been restraining him, it was highly likely Aurinkoth would have simply bowled the infant over with enthusiasm.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm
"Worse," Elibrie admitted sheepishly, "There's five." Which..where had the Snoops and Moondrop gone? "Brightstar, what did you do with your brothers, hmm?" They'd been right here just a moment ago! Brightstar, looking both muddy and innocent as could be, just yawned in answer, but a moment later, the bucket with her scrubbing tools for Kesucianth fell over and out spilled the missing pair, rolling and cheeping. Well, at least it wasn't the bucket of oil they'd decided to play in!

"It's our restday, though, so we have a little time," she felt the need to clarify, though her tone still bordered on guilty. She wouldn't want anyone to think she was spending time that wasn't free time on such a task! Or neglecting her dragon for her flits. Though it was obvious the young blue was freshly-oiled, Elibrie was perhaps a touch sensitive when it came to whether she was doing right by her dragon. She'd been putting every ounce of heart and energy she could into making sure all was right between the two of them.

Kesucianth sent her a wave of love as he stood, and offered her a reassuring nuzzle to go with it before he moved closer to the older blue, tipping his nose up just so to present himself for booping. By this point, he well assumed that it was simply family procedure, and thus only polite to at least offer. It's true. We have extra time today, so it's their turn. Are you here for a bath as well, Uncle?

He'd had very little time since hatching to spend with family not his siblings (and just a bit with his mother), to meet the ones who'd visited while he'd been in his egg, and he was glad to have the chance to finally meet Aurinkoth properly, outside his shell.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:37 am
"Ah, the first restday after impression always feels the most needed," it was the first rest to really let it all sink in - though Ichta honestly didn't know if the new Weyrlingmaster did as V'mel had and simply came barrelling into the barracks, slammed down everybody's stuff, and told them they had about 10 minutes to get up and ready to oil their dragons. "And it does help that they don't need it every day," she looked down at Naughty Boy who peered back up at her with a cheep before leaning in to sniff at Mischief on her shoulder.

Still, she didn't miss that need for Elibrie to justify herself with the statement. "Fortunately, he's just a little guy right now - and I'm sure if you needed a hand to balance them all help wouldn't be hard to find."

Kesucianth barely had to lift his nose before Aurinkoth leaned down to bodily boop him with a perhaps slightly-too-overbearing wave of familial affection. Oh, no! While it would never bother me to wash in the cold waters, myIchta is prone to winter sicknesses so she and I jump to Southern Boll when it is time to wash. That Ichta had spent a good portion of her life before Impression there left it colored with colorful nostalgia as well.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:47 pm
"It feels a little strange," Elibrie admitted after a moment, as she got back to oiling Lullaby, who was most obliging about the process. "Having free time all of a sudden." It also meant more time to think, to worry, and to be restless from it, which was part of why she was keeping herself busy with what she could.

"Of course. I do have friends I could ask, but I do enjoy doing it." And she'd hate to aak Oranie or Lusialu, after she'd left them behind. Not that it had been intentional, or something she had any control over, but she couldn't help but feel guilty for Impressing when they hadn't. Among other things.

If he found the wave of affection too much, Kesucianth gave no indication of it, and he steadied himself and stood solidly after receiving the enthusiastic boop. That sounds like it would be very pleasant. I am fortunate that Mine does not seem to suffer from such things, since we do not have a choice in the matter.

So if you do not need a bath, what brings you to the lake, if you do not mind my asking?
It was less nosiness and more pursuit of polite conversation.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:12 pm
Naughty Boy watched the oiling with whirling eyes, peeping occasionally with a small flare of his wings and knocking Ichta in the chin with one. "Hey!" she admonished, shifting to hold him so he was belly-up.

"It is nice to oil someone small occasionally. Aurinkoth isn't the biggest of boys but," Ichta looked towards her blue with a blended sort of affection that mixed the kind of love a parent would have for a child and a self-love that was stronger than any she'd ever actually felt towards herself. "It doesn't feel like rotten work, though."

Oh, yes! That is most fortunate! Aurinkoth agreed in his obliteratingly sunny way, bugling with perhaps more enthusiasm than the occasional called for. MyIchta was hoping to get a little fresh air while the weather is agreeable - and how could I not oblige her on her walk? When it is too cold she has to stay inside and it gets.... Aurinkoth paused, looking towards the woman in silent question before looking back to Kesucianth. 'Stuffy'.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:33 pm
"It's been good practice, I suppose, if in miniature." Very miniature, especially compared to a full-grown dragon. She looked from Lullaby to Aurinkoth, who quite dwarfed Kesucianth at his sevenday-old size. "Every dragon still looks enormous to me," she admitted. "Maybe not so much when they're next to a bigger color, but on their own, they're just...huge."

She wasn't nearly as daunted by them as she had been when she'd first come to the Weyr, but they were still incredibly impressive. Even though she'd seen glimpses of Dobrokhoth on rare occasion as a child, she'd never been bold enough to get close, even when invited. No, she'd hidden safely behind her mother. "It could take all day and I don't think it would feel like work. It's time with him, after all."

Stuffy? Kesucianth tilted his head, curious. I do not think that I have felt 'stuffy' yet. He looked to His for confirmation, and she tilted her head as well, considering the last sevenday.

No, we haven't really. It's...sometimes being stuck inside gets boring, and almost too warm? It's not quite like when I'm nervous and want out, but it's...similar, I guess?

I understand, I think. Sometimes Mine wants outside as well, if her thoughts start to feel too loud. Does Yours ever feel this 'stuffy' thing at night? What does she do if she cannot go outaide? Elibrie often wished to go outside when she awoke from a bad dream, but they could not leave the Barracks when they were meant to be sleeping.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:19 am
"Aurinkoth was a fairly dainty thing as a baby himself, but I think he's just the perfect size now," of course, Ichta was incredibly biased and could see absolutely no fault in the radiant sunshine of her life. "It may feel a little bit like work when he's older - not that you'll love him less, but that it will take a good part of your day and there will be so many more and better ways to spend time together. He and I go on Search, for example, and there is nobody else I'd rather travel with."

The older blue was hardly surprised when Kesucianth expressed he hadn't experienced 'stuffy' yet - Aurinkoth himself hadn't truly either. The barracks had never felt particularly full, perhaps because Zenobiath had been the only gold and Menankith the only brown in the girl's barracks, and before anybody got too big they'd all moved into their own spaces. As though you didn't desire nothing more than a good cuddle with your brothers anyways, Ichta reminded playfully.

Mine suffered fitful nightmares from her times long before I found her, but I'd dare not say she ever considered 'stuffy' to be a problem - especially now that we are both old enough to allow some nighttime ventures. he admitted, Have you considered letting her wander in you? If she is trapped inside of her own head, open up your own and let her come in. There was far more room to think in when human and dragon were bonded, after all.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm
Elibrie looked back to the blues for a moment, considering the two, before she turned her focus back finishing up Lullaby's oiling. "Kesucianth is about average, I suppose? He has some much daintier brothers, but he is very sleek. And handsome, of course." She was very definitely not an expert on baby dragons, or dragons in general - oh, she'd paid good attention in lessons and all, but didn't have an eye for sizes and builds and what her boy might grow into. "That will be nice, when we can go places together. I don't know where we'd go, but I'd like to."

That was a long way away, of course, but she did look forward to flying with him.

Mine has nightmares, too, Kesucianth confessed with a sigh. Not of things from her life before, but from the Hatching. That is when she would most like to be able to go outside. The young blue gave a polite pause as his uncle's suggestion was given due consideration, before answering, We do try, but we are not very good at it yet. Her thoughts are very stubborn, sometimes. Indeed, Elibrie was a worrier, who tended to dwell on things, and it was hard for her not to drift back to the same thoughts.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 pm
Despite being held like the misbehaving child he was, Naughty Boy craned his neck back to try and watch what Elibrie was doing, wiggling and thrashing his tail. Ichta placed a hand on his chest to idly scritch it. "I wasn't sure where I'd go either. Everything I love dearly is here at High Reaches." Aurinkoth, of course, had renewed the path of Ichta's life, but there was also her best friend, and her weyrmate.

"Flying by itself is nice. Especially when you do it in the summer rather than early winter when everything is getting cold."

Aurinkoth's eyes whirled with constant green as Kesucianth explained the woe that the young blue was struggling with. Well, if her friend is not in the hands of our own healers now he will come back soon enough will he not? he asked, absolutely no doubt in his voice. Surely her friend would like her to think good things for his future rather than chew on the ills of the past. Would that not help her as well?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 am
Lullaby peeped softly at the nosy, wriggling brown, and when the blue was at last set down, he stretched luxuriously. Yes, that was very nice! Lord Chomps then deigned to present himself for his own oiling, since the other three were still happily chasing and tussling, barbarians that they were. Picking him up, Elibrie got to work as she continued to converse with Ichta. "Maybe somewhere warmer for bathtime," she decided with a small smile, "But there's nowhere I've really wanted to go. Even leaving home to come here was strange."

But that wasn't home anymore, and she was finally okay with that. She would likely always wonder and worry after her baby sister, and even how her father was getting on, but...that wasn't her life anymore, and she knew well that she'd never see them again, because they'd prefer it that way. Like their aunt before them, she and Oranie were likely rumored to have met some terrible fate.

"It's lucky they were a winter clutch, then - the weather will be perfect for flying when the time comes." Not that they wouldn't have proper gear for the cold, of course, but it would be lovely weather for just flying about the Weyr, since they'd not be able to go anywhere anyway.

Mine is quite adept at worrying, and so she worries for the future, too, Kesucianth confided with a sigh. How bad must his injuries be, if they had to send him away? How long will he be gone? When he does return, what sort of life will he have? If he can't Impress, will he be upset? So many thoughts, so many what-ifs, so many worries! He did his very best to soothe them all, and she was doing her best as well, but there was quite a in need of remedy. And time, more than anything. She knows he would not want her to fret so very much, but then she feels guilty that she is fretting - and that she struggles so when his struggles must surely be greater.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Ichta at least had some distance from her own home - and a mother she didn't miss. Occasionally she entertained the idea of settling her feelings with the woman, presenting herself as a search rider with a sword at her hip and some veneer of confidence. While many wore the look better, she had learned to fake it with unending support from Aurinkoth.

Elibrie would surely get to the same point in time.

"When you get a chance to venture farther from the Weyr, perhaps Nadry and I will have to have you accompany us on our own ventures. We do know some of the best holds to snack at." Amongst other things, of course, but the touring was often motivated by sweet treats.

Aurinkoth, of course, was ready to silver line all of the woes that Kesucianth shared with him: If he was well enough to be sent off that is surely better than the Weyr having to bring others to him because he was so unstable. And Landing will surely give him the care he needs without contending with the injuries of Threadfall as well - dedicated care is better, right? He'd happily burn away what woe came face to face with him - or burn so brightly he was oblivious to the feelings that huddled in their shadows. She is a good friend to worry. It is less worrying in the worry-pool for him to have for himself.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 am
"That sounds like it would be nice," Elibrie responded after a moment of polite consideration. She was, quite frankly, rather intimidated by her aunt, with her brown dragon and her pair of weyrmates and having heard tale that she had once actually fought with someone. Though such things were hardly contagious, they were very far outside of the young woman's comfort zone. "I'm sure Oranie would like that, too, if they'd let her go." Her sister was far bolder, after all, and seemed very enamored of their aunt and the turns her life had taken.

Elibrie was happy with her handsome blue though, thank you - Kesucianth was plenty of boy for her for the foreseeable future. Even if the time came that she considered human...company, she was quite certain it would bear little to no resemblance to her aunt's circumstances. Just thinking about those had a way of making her uncomfortable.

Kesucianth had few real woes of his own, particularly as His had been improving steadily over the last sevenday, and their bond was quite solid. He worried because she worried, and while he knew he could not stop her from her fretting entirely - her feelings were justified, after all, and she was entitled to them - he wanted more than anything for her to be happy, without this lingering sadness.

...but he also knew there was no banishing it completely so long as her friend was gone. Already he knew her heart even better than she did in some ways, knew the quiet little feelings she yet remained oblivious to, and he would never so much as dream of stifling that. So he took the utmost care when he spoke to her of her worries, never dismissing them or trying to convince her not to have them. He simply wished to soothe them, that she might hurt less and not be quite so sad.

Those are very good points, he agreed with Aurinkoth, And I will make sure to share them with her. I had not thought of it that way, that there he will not have Threadfall injuries to compete with. That will help her, I think - I know she will not miss him less, but perhaps she will worry a little less.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff