[PRP] An Escape (Elibrie/D'hka+Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:37 pm
Goodness, but this was...quite a lot. She had very much been looking forward to the Turn's End celebrations, not for the party but to see the friends and family she'd seen almost nothing of in the few days since her Impression. She'd caught up with Lusialu first, then found Oranie again, then it had been on to her uncle, then her aunt. Her uncle had been a rather short and awkward encounter, as he was very much not a demonstrative man, very much like his brother, her father, but he had done his best to convey his congratulations, and danced awkwardly around concern. He meant very well, but they were each equally relieved when Nadry had swept in and rescued them both from it. Her aunt had taken her aside to ask earnestly after how she was doing, and to meet Kesucianth properly, but in all hadn't kept her long before releasing her.

Elibrie was grateful for it, and suspected Nadry been able to tell she needed a break - much as she'd wanted to see everyone, it was overwhelming. Though some danced around it more than others, it brought thoughts of the Hatching back to the forefront, and the uncertainty of Juhvek's condition. She needed a breath of fresh air, cold though it might be, and stepped away for awhile with Kesucianth.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:52 am
Life was a whirlwind these days, a constant dream with Lufianth always at his side. He'd greeted his friends and family alike, more than happy to socialize. It was the small green that noticed Elibrie and Kesucianth's departure, immediately notifying her rider. They both knew that things had been rough for their fellow Weyrlings, and after excusing himself from the merriment, D'hka and Lufianth followed after the pair.

Kesucianth? It was difficult for Lufianth to understand why others would want to be alone--not that he was alone, per say, with His right there!--but the last thing she wished to do was bother her brother. It didn't stop her from padding closer so she could deliver a boop, however!

"Hey," D'hka said a second later, unconsciously reaching out to stroke the little green without a second thought. Elibrie might not want to socialize right now, and that was okay too. "We just wanted to make sure you were okay." While he didn't know Juhvek very well, his heart still clenched at the memory of him being thrashed about like a toy doll...

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:40 pm
Good evening, Lufianth, Kesucianth greeted his sister, while also wordlessly noting for his that the green and her rider were approaching so that she would have a moment to mentally prepare. When offered a boop, he politely returned it, his eyes a calm green.

Elibrie hadn't expected her departure to be much noticed, if at all - she was only one little bluerider, after all, even if she had drawn baffling amounts of attention to herself of late without meaning to - and certainly didn't expect one of the other weyrlings to worry after her, let alone follow. This was practically just a third Hatching Feast, coming right on the heels of the previous celebrations as it did, and she assumed that the others were all happily wrapped up in Theirs and basking in everything. As they should be.

She was well aware that she was the odd one out, struggling her way through a mess of a emotions during what should have been the happiest days of her life, attending extra lessons and in general being the focus of far more attention that she was really comfortable with. In a way, she felt cheated, and held a little sliver of resentment that she couldn't enjoy any of this, that she'd never get back any of what she'd missed. That perfect moment, that high of absolute happiness. It was selfish, perhaps, but it still hurt.

"Hey," she responded quietly, turning to regard D'hka with a little smile. It didn't always reach her eyes yet, but she was trying. "We're alright. It's just...awfully crowded inside."

A lot of people - a lot of happy people - and a lot of noise.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:23 pm
Oh--good evening! That would have been the polite thing to start with, and she would have blushed if a dragon was able. I'm sorry. She apologized. I know you might have wanted to be alone with Yours, but I worried. Grey and yellow streaked through her eyes as she remembered all the pain and fear on the day of their hatching... D'hka had explained that Elibrie and Kesucianth were all right now, and she wanted to do everything in her limited capabilities to make sure it stayed that way.

D'hka didn't hesitate to return the offered smile, quietly thinking to himself that Elibrie... was an incredibly strong person. Her entire life had been turned upside-down in a way he'd never be able to understand, but she was still soldiering on and doing her best. "It's a little overwhelming," He admitted. "I watched so many Hatching Feasts and other get-togethers hoping that I'd be celebrating with a dragon one day, but... It's a lot. A lot of expectations and people watching you." He felt a jolt of alarm after his rambling died off, realizing he'd unconsciously turned the conversation to be about him and that... wasn't what he'd wanted to do at all.

Waving his hands in a flustered manner, D'hka had the grace to look embarrassed. "Er--sorry. I know it has to be even more difficult for you. I just wanted..." He paused, making himself take a deep breath to focus his thoughts before he continued, "I just wanted to let you know that... well, if you ever need someone to talk to... I'm here. And if you just want to be alone, that's okay too."

So am I. The little green said a touch anxiously, reaching forward to gently nose at Elibrie's fingers. We care about you and Kesucianth very much! And her small hearts ached for the wounded boy, Elibrie's friend.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:09 pm
There is no need to apologize, sister, Kesucianth answered his clutchmate calmly, seeming content and steady. Though he was sharing a heavy burden with His, more than such a young dragon should have to, he was weathering it willingly and well, for he loved her so. Mine and I spend much time together, but we mustn't neglect everyone else. In spite of what had happened, they still had to be proper weyrlings, and that included spending time with their fellows. Not only because they were expected to, but because it would be good for them both, even if right now it could at times be difficult.

"It's...it is a lot," Elibrie agreed carefully, taking her time and giving herself the chance to put her thoughts together and keep herself balanced. She wasn't used to being asked after, but it felt like it happened almost constantly now, and how she answered depended on who asked and how, among other things. Sometimes it would have been easier to deflect, but she also knew that that shouldn't always be what she defaulted to - because, as Kesucianth had noted, it wasn't as though they could just curl up in a ball together and ignore everyone else. "I thought- I hadn't been to many but I thought... I'd be happy."

Maybe if he'd caught her earlier in the night, the admission wouldn't have come quite so easily, but she was tired, and watching everyone else be happy had been wearing on her. Not that she begrudged the others their happiness, she was just...sad that she couldn't have the same. She loved Kesucianth, truly, but it was still hard to be happy in the face of everything that had happened. Her pale blue leaned into her, and she stroked her thumb over his cheek. He was constantly as close as possible, knowing well how much comfort she needed, and he received similar reassurance in turn.

Elibrie was surprised when Lufianth nosed at her fingers, and blinked slowly at the green before offering her a tiny smile, truly touched. "I appreciate it. I really do." It was true. Lufianth and Hers seemed genuine, and the gesture they were making was very thoughtful. And D'hka, between his manner and appearance, was less intimidating than she found many men to be. "I don't...I'm not very good at talking about things. But I- if I need to, I'll remember."

It was all an incredibly complicated knot of feelings, and while some part of her wanted to share it, to be understood...it would take time, especially with everything still so fresh and raw. Much of it was hard to even think about.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff