[PRP] pride comes before wrath [ new weyrling buds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm
It was slowly occurring to Haveli that, if she wanted to climb the ranks any further in High Reaches, it was up to her to do the lifting from here forward. Sathanaseth had already done the brunt of the work by simply being born a brown and Impressing to her, so the rest was going to have to be in Haveli's hands and interests. Sathanaseth clearly had no interest in being around others, Haveli the only exception (thus far noticed), and her attempts to bring him into even remotely social situations thus far had ended with the dragonet in a foul mood and Haveli having to actually act like a balm.

Yes. Haveli. Being the calm one.

Stranger things had happened, but now she imagined there must be several warm spots Between.

She didn't begrudge the brown a bit of his attitude, in fact she found it quite endearing at times, though if she was going to advance her position he would need to suck it up quickly and learn to at least be in the same 50 foot radius of another dragon without bristling. Perhaps the best way to get him used to such things would be to have him near some of his more tolerable siblings.

Which was why Haveli had arranged to pay a visit to a certain new Bronzerider, bringing Sathanaseth in tow despite his protests at this new interaction. The young man had been brought over from Western and so Haveli didn't know him - wasn't this as good as killing two wherries with one dragon strike? Sathanaseth let her knew it wasn't.

Uta
unduuuuun - this is set a little after the feast - if you'd prefer a feast RP i can start one of those too! I AM ON FIYAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 pm
R'him might not have been a High Reaches Weyr Candidate, but he was now one of their weyrlings. Despite the snow, cold, unfamiliar faces and a loss of direction (everywhere he looked he saw nothing but snow-capped mountain peaks), the man hadn't missed a beat. He'd replaced rain with snow, and saltwater with howling winds--and had gained the most perfect dragon on Pern in the process. He couldn't say he missed Western Weyr because Hybreoth was here and this was his bronze's home.

The day's had passed like a blur and R'him had never been happier. The high from Impression had yet to dissipate, and he was thoroughly obsessed with his newfound bronze companion. Chopping up meat wasn't a chore, and though bathing his dragon meant he returned half-frozen no matter the layers--it was far from a chore. He woke up happy, and went to be happy--and nothing, not even the outcome of what had happened to that boy could pull him down.

Anytime he started to feel guilt about the incident had Hybreoth pushing the feeling away. There was no need to dwell, according to the bronze, and Hybreoth made sure His would have no residual guilt over the matter. What was done was done.

Today was no different. R'him had been settled in the large common room of the Barracks, with Hybreoth's head resting upon his lap. The bronze was already noticeably larger than he had been during the Hatching, and R'him was pleased as punch his not-so-little fellow was in good spirits. There was no coursework this early on, when the focus was getting-to-know his beloved companion--so it made for an excellent moment to warm up by the hearth and enjoy one another's company. He would be back outside soon enough--either to run Hybreoth around in the snow or to play with his clutchmates. But for now, they were only too happy to have some time to relax.

houllow
]I suddenly realized I wasn't sure if Haveli had asked to spend time with him, or if she was simply trying to find an excuse to bump into them outside of lessons. < < So I kept it vague. I also kept it inside the Barracks cause... R'him is like eff that snow noise for now. LOL S-sorry!
I can always change/edit if you need.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out