Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am
The Hatching had been, to Zyamel's perspective, a great success. She had been eager for the outcome since Anakumath had first taken to the skies, just as many in the Weyr had been. Not only did she wish to see the color and distribution of eggs, but she had friends that still wore Candidate knots, and had been keen to see if they might find Theirs. Hatchings were always an exciting time, but perhaps what thrilled her the most was because this was Marty's first clutch of many.

Zyamel had never considered much about what a queen rider felt when bearing-witness to a Hatching. She had never wanted a queen, despite her mother's hope, and while she had always enjoyed it when her mother's queen laid a clutch, she had never considered them much more favored.. She had thought she'd feel a similar detachment--a biased interest, of course, more-so than some other clutches from other Queens--but she had found herself far more invested. Certainly, her own brown's determination to someday become a father was partially in play--but it went beyond her dragon's want. Ultimately, she looked forward to this Hatching because of Marty--and the more favor and pleasure a triumphant hatching would bring her, all the better.

Thankfully, there was little worry of the outcome. The babies had been a lively bunch, and while there had been some injuries, each of them had found Theirs. Anakumath and Elzebuth were certain to be pleased--and hopefully Martirae as well.

Knowing full well the dark-haired woman would be busy, Zyamel took her time heading over to the Feast. She had donned her Gather best for the occasion, and sought out a little parcel she'd been holding onto not long after the Queen had been caught. She slipped it into her pocket, before heading down to give her congratulations to the newly Impressed. She would avoid seeking out Marty right away--the junior weyrwoman surely needed time to receive all the congratulations and introductions. So the woman bid her time socializing and letting Marty enjoy all the attention that was surely her due. But as the celebration continued and the dancing begun, Zyamel finally found an opening where she might steal a bit of the woman's time.

Sauntering up to her in her usual arrogance, she offered a formal bow, and a kiss of her hand. She was a brown rider of High Reaches Weyr, after all, and Marty a gold rider--she could at least pretend to be a gentleman and not her usual beastly self. That would come later, if Marty allowed.

"I'm sure you're sick of hearing it, but the Hatching was a fine success. Are you and Anakumath well-pleased?" She asked, genuinely curious. "Have you a minute to yourself at last? I think you may have met every Lord and Lady, Master and Journeyman on Pern." She mused, glancing around at the crowd with pleasure. They were their for Marty, after all.

And maybe the free food.

Maybe.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:41 am
She'd mercifully been able to stay inside for most of her greetings, even if Martirae had stepped outside on several occasions to join Anakumath when it came to the new Weyrlings. It was hardly the first time, however, that she'd spoken to many of the more esteemed guests of the Weyr and she had at least the graciousness to hopefully leave them with nothing but good impressions. After all, she had been incredibly honored to have so many eyes upon Anakumath's first clutch. The health and number of dragonets, even before touching upon those shining twins who would certainly be gossip for weeks to come, had surely been enough to make some forget (or forgive) how very brown their father had been.

Not that she'd allowed herself any fights or offense about it. While willful, Martirae had gained some softness from her bond, and she'd been witness to the unfortunate affair that had occurred at Western not that long before. She'd have burned herself at the stake before daring make such an event repeat itself.

But meeting and greeting was awfully draining when there was no reprieve. Zyamel's company would have been welcome at any time, really, but this timing couldn't have been better.

"I don't think I could be anything but - Anakumath has been beside herself with delight ever since the first shell broke and I truly believe the Weyrlings could simply parade in front of her for days and she'd never be tired of seeing them all," but Martirae was proud even without getting flooded with it in a secondhand fashion. If anything, Anakumath's first clutch had set a high bar for those to follow.

"I certainly have some free time now - if not, I desperately need it anyways."

Uta

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:47 pm
Excellent.

Zyamel was pleased that she might spirit Marty away for a few moments at least--and had every intention to take full advantage of what time they might have. It would do no good if the poor woman was run ragged and had no time to enjoy the festivities. The feast was made for her honor, as well as the hatchlings, after all. "Motherhood suits her, then? I'm not surprised to hear it, given her temper." She mused, her question more a statement. "I would have been more shocked if she'd been like her dame, and had little interest in what came post-Impression." Ah, but golds ranged in temperament and interest, and each was unique. Some were far more doting and others less so--but so long as all the babies had Impressed, that was what truly mattered.

"I have no doubt some would be more than happy for such a parade--there were quite a few who enjoyed the limelight, no doubt inherited from their Sire." Elzebuth had certainly been interested in his share of attention, at least while in the egg. Though, what clutch didn't have its share of attention seekers? Dragonet tempers varied as wildly as the very Candidates on the Sands, which made each Hatching unique. Her own Venandith certainly understood a desire to be admired... and who could blame him? She certainly couldn't, and she had no judgments to pass on any dragon before or after who felt the same.

"Ah, then let me spirit you away for a spell--surely, the woman of the hour should be able to enjoy the party, too." Looping her arm with hers, she had no trouble sauntering through the crowd with the jewel of the night on her arm. At minimum, she could find a small spot to sit if Marty wished--and there was still food and drink aplenty. "You look amazing, by the way--that color suits you quite well." She thought she wore that dress, or at least one similar in color, to her Impression feast--but that whole night had been half a blur.

Venandith, who was settled in the Bowl observing the party, did reach out to Anakumath. What a success, I dare say--so many lively personalities, too. It shall be a pleasure to watch them grow. And that was the truth. He had been pleased by the number of boys in the clutch, and had found many of them quite endearing. He was too sure of his future success to feel jealousy--but it did cement his desire to sire a clutch one day all the more. Surely, if Elzebuth could manage, than so could he--for what did the he have that he did not... besides the partiality of a gold?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:11 am
Had it been anybody else, Martirae would not have even entertained any sort of pleasure from walking arm-in-arm with them the way she did with Zyamel. "Thank you. You said something similar the last time I wore this dress. Must be doubly true, then," though she'd known Zyamel much less intimately at the time.

Being upon her feet was hardly an issue at this point, thankfully, though her workaholic attitude was partially to blame for that. Would her feet be killing her later? Yes. Would she eventually need to clean up that mess she'd left in the records room in her frantic peeling from the room to rush to her dragon?....Also yes.

"I'd think that even if Anakumath's temperament wasn't what it was, she had a glowing example in maternal love in Fianth. I'd dare say she's already prepared to adopt all of the children in that clutch still upon the sands if she's allowed to." Which Anakumath was, not that she'd consciously been considering it. Banshideth had been a fine, amenable, if not sociable gold to share the sands with as a first time mother and she'd been able to lean a little into the more experienced gold as needed.

Thank you, Venandith. They truly are my pride and joy, Anakumath answered when the brown reached out to her. Certainly, she was fond of him and not simply as the occasional ledgemate when their riders were making time for each other's company. Surely, there will be much they can take from your example as they grow big and strong.

Uta

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:45 pm
"Well what can I say? It was as lovely on you then as it is now. A beautiful dress, on an equally beautiful woman. Though I dare say I look forward to seeing you out of it as surely as I enjoy you in it." Shameless, utterly shameless--but Zyamel didn't mind She enjoyed the gold riders company significantly and they certainly had a fun time when they were together, in a variety of fashions. That some were more intimate than others couldn't be helped. Hadn't she wanted to steal a kiss from her when they'd met during Rhianth and Fianth's touching? That she could almost anytime she wished was a great pleasure to the brown rider--and one she all but exploited.

"She certainly turned out a fine clutch--and I'll be most interested to see how Banshideth's brood gets on with Anakumath's. Should be a fun time, if they're anything like our weyrling class." She mused, thinking fondly of the day her world changed. She had always envisioned herself with a green--but Venandith had other plans. Honestly, she couldn't see herself with any other type of dragon now and her big brute reigned supreme. "I have no doubt Anakumath will make an exemplary mother to them all." Assuming Bandshideth had a more hands-off roll, similar to Rhianth. Each queen, and each clutch, was always so different.

"What of this quiet spot, m'lady? Shall I find you a goblet of Benden's finest? Or would you prefer something closer to where the food is set?" She knew she likely wouldn't have long to spend with Martirae--the poor gold rider would still be in high demand, even with the Feast already well in. Perhaps she'd manage to steal a dance before the night was through... And she did wish to give her the little parcel.

Venandith was pleased with Anakumath's response, giving a happy little rumble from where he was settled. He did look down at the littles that he could see, eyes whirling a brighter green. I shall strive to be an exemplary brown. Such a lively group already--I look forward to seeing what fine dragons they become. They were not his own, and he would never interfere--but he would surely be more than happy to make an excellent jungle gym, or offer support as he could. Venandith certainly was a proud Threadfighter, and was more than happy to encourage any of the youth.

Not that he was terribly older, for he was a young brown himself. But he was experienced--as the scars on his hide proved..

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:26 pm
"The Weyr has been blessed with a bounty for the end of the Turn," something that Marty was grateful for both on a personal front, having found a large Weyrling class enjoyable, but also in that the growing numbers would be sorely needed as injuries (and worse) grew in number. "Anakumath was lucky to share the sands with an experienced mother."

It was a good evening for laughing, and Martirae was all too willing to proverbially let her hair down for the festivities. Had it not been Anakumath's day - and that of her children - perhaps she'd have been a little more tightly wound still. But the new mother's high spirits and elation had a strong grip on her, though she'd never trodden upon Anakumath's feelings even when they were much more subdued.

"This quiet spot is well enough - I dare say sitting too close to food would make me stare with longing bedroom eyes," the Feast being in place of dinner - and Martirae having to stay away from it all for important elbow rubbing she'd never really thought herself meant for - had certainly left her with stirring need at the very least.

Anakumath would have sighed, if a dragon could in a meaningful way, looking over her children as they tailed after their chosen and took part in the festivities so meant for them. It was something she was grateful for - that their own hatching had been so much less eventful than her own, barring certain events.

You already are exemplary, she reminded, they need only come to see it. Not that she suspected her little ones were blind or wouldn't appreciate it, just that they were young and other things would be their first priorities and concerns in the coming days and months. The future will hold much for them as it still does for us.

Uta

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:06 pm
”Well, you know we like to go out with a bang,” Zyamel mused with a smile. “High Reaches was always known to put on a show--what better way to end the Turn than with not one, but two, healthy clutches?” Anakumath certainly could be proud in her offspring-- a handful of bronzes and not one, but two queens to match! It left the woman curious as to what was hidden in Banshideth’s eggs, and which Candidates might yet walk away with a lifemate all their own. Now that she had Venandith in her life, she felt the pain of those who were still waiting--and those who might never yet meet their match--all the more acutely.

The fact that there was at least one Candidate who wouldn’t be returning was heart-breaking enough. That it mimicked their own hatching was a stark reminder of the danger each Candidate put him or herself in when they agreed to stand. Not everyone walked away alive.

But, now was not the time to talk of such tragedy, for all that it did weigh down on the evening, and was equally on the tongues of guests, almost as much as the two golds. Hatchings were, of course, always bittersweet, and it was something the Weyr had long come to terms with.

“Anakumath definitely seemed to be a natural, though I suppose as far as queen’s go, that’s not surprising. She was always a love bug, and certainly one of the sweetest in the Weyr. Did she enjoy the experience? Did you, now that it’s all but over?” Zyamel asked with a tilt of her head, curious.

Zyamel did give a small laugh at Marty’s explanation. “Careful now--you’re going to get me in trouble, and I’m trying oh-so-hard to be good.” Bedroom eyes, indeed. “Surely, though, High Reaches wouldn’t starve you tonight of all nights. Shall I procure you something tasty? At least let me get you a drink!” While wine was plentiful and found at many tables, there were also workers bustling through the crowd with glasses of various types of fair. Surely, she could spoil Marty with something, even a little.

“Ah, but I do have something for you, though it’s not nearly as thrilling as tables of temptation surrounding us.” Zyamel procured a small parcel from one of her pockets of her attire. She slid it over to her, hoping Marty might accept.

[If Marty opens it, I imagine it’s some sort pendant necklace with the main piece being a larger yellow diamond set next to a smaller brown diamond (or some other appropriate gemstone of choice LOL). Overall design is simple but with an elegant design where the gems are placed. She’d know Marty’s taste better than I do, is the hope. So feel free to design/describe as you see fit!]

Venandith was quite curious about the little dragonets, each one of them unique, and already with their personalities on display. It was quite a different experience to be the one watching the Hatching than to be in it; though, admittedly, what Venandith remembered of his own was a mix of joy as well as great loss. Thankfully, Anakumath’s clutch did not need to go through such a trial, and as far as Venandith was concerned, it was a true success.

I am eager to see what sort of dragons they become--each one of them is certain to do great things. Greatness ran in their veins, if only because Venandith was their mother’s cousin. His ego had to give him that much, certainly. Vanity aside, the brown was delighted to get to better know them all, when the time was right. He wouldn’t get in the way of time with Theirs, after all. You certainly wear motherhood well, though I doubt anyone could be surprised. Will you be present in their lives now that they’ve found Theirs? Or would she take after her own dam and let them live their own lives independent of her own.

demon_pachable

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:26 am
Frankly, as much as it could have used more empathy, Martirae had mostly left the severely injured candidate out of her mind. She knew there were those amongst the candidates who perhaps thought Anakumath's lack of interference in the situation had been odd - especially as loving and sweet as the gold was - but once hatched and before impression the only interfering Anakumath wanted to do was give support and love to those who had needed mama still. It was not her place to try and control her newly hatched children - and a horrible idea beside.

"Oh, she is sad to see them all go so soon, certainly. It's been bittersweet on that part, but I suspect these new Weyrlings will see plenty of her," Marty idly twisted a lock of her hair as she spoke, "I'd joke she's counting down to the next clutch but she's too enamored with these little ones to even be thinking about that." As for if Marty herself had enjoyed the experience..... "I've enjoyed her being so happy. Being on the ground so long, though, has left me a little antsy. I was ready to just re-scribe the entire records room with my lack of drills and related responsibilities." Because she'd certainly not considered it to be 'free' time.

"I wouldn't say no, even if you're the tastiest thing here," Marty allowed herself a small jest at the offer of food. Faranth knew she was better off having something while she had at least a little time for herself.

The parcel that Zyamel pulled from her pocket got a curious enough look and she gently slid it in front of her once the brownrider had relinquished it, passing her a look with slightly raised brows. "Oh?" She didn't wait for further explanation as to what it may have been before she carefully opened it - neatly keeping the packaging from fraying as best she could. Frankly, she almost had a meticulousness that made her not seem excited...but Martirae didn't often receive gifts so she was just allowing herself to savor it a little.

"Hm." it wasn't a dismissive sound, but more curious. Marty had never considered herself to have tastes in jewelry outside of looking at what other people wore and thinking some things were far more ostentatious than she'd ever like. But it was modest enough without looking delicate - which meant she could actually wear it without needing much of an occasion. So it would actually be worn. "You're going to have to help me put this on, you know - hard enough to fight with all this hair," she noted with a smile before adding, "Are these stones the two of us?" Because surely they weren't Anakumath and Elzebuth.

As much as they'll allow me, yes. Some children could be fiercely independent. She knew that Elzebuth's clutchbrother, Menankith, mostly seemed to desire no relationship with his mother. As did several of her little one's cousins. They will never want for my love if they have even the slightest hint of a want for it. Or even if they don't. Each and every one of them would always be her darlings even if they didn't see themselves that way.

Uta

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out