Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Turn's End Reunion (Elibrie/Lusialu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:16 am
Elibrie was feeling terribly guilty, though for different reasons now than she had originally, so...perhaps that was an improvement of sorts? On some levels, she did still feel some guilt for, well, quite a few things: for being unscathed, for Impressing while her sister and Lusialu had not - while Juhvek never would, and that was almost certainly the very least of his problems - for nearly pushing Kesucianth away, for scaring him so and being such a disaster in their first hours. But she was managing all those things as best she could, keeping them sorted and acknowledged and in their proper place, where she could work through them instead of ignoring or wallowing in them.

Her other guilt was feeling that she had abandoned or neglected her friends in family in the wake of Impressing; she knew it wasn't true, that it was in large part a reality of life for a new weyrling, but she felt awful for it all the same. She'd had a chance to reunite with Oranie for a little while once she'd been allowed to the Feast, but then it had been off to bed. The days since had been filled with caring for her dragon - as they should be - and lectures and training and duties, then sleep and then waking up to do it all again. Kesucianth had made sure to update his uncle Menankith once a day, and to reach out to Oranie each evening with a warm wave of love from him and His, so that she knew they were well and that they cared.

But her first real opportunity to see and spend time with anyone outside of her class and mentors didn't come until Turn's End, and while it had only been a few days, those few days felt like forever. Though it felt strange do so, she put herself together with utmost care, donning her nicest dress and arranging her hair into a simple but elegant style, much as she would have for the Hatching Feast had things not happened as they had.

Kesucianth had gently encouraged her through the moments she paused and hesitated. Though much remained uncertain in regards to Juhvek, and there was no banishing that hurt and worry, and thus the state of her world was far from ideal, there was nothing that any of them could do for it, and she well knew it could not rule her life - no, Kesucianth had to be the priority. Still, it felt strange to play dress-up and go to a party, even if her sole interest in going was to see everyone she'd been missing...everyone she could see, at least.

Lullaby was perched on her shoulder as she entered the dining hall, while beside her Kesucianth patiently carried Moondrop and Brightstar. Snoops and Chomps had been sent to play with her aunt's flits to keep them out of trouble; Snoops would have been into everything, and Chomps' territorial tendencies had been far worse than usual of late, likely out of instinct to protect his bonded due to her tired and delicate state. Usually she could manage them well, but given everything, it was a bit much just now.

Lingering along the edges, she kept an eye out for Lusialu, hoping her friend would be in attendance.

x Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:32 pm
It was Turn's End, ad Lusialu was in decently good spirits. The days after the Hatching had been difficult--more difficult than they had in times before. Both Kinye and Elibrie's cots had been cleared of all belongings as they had moved to the Weyrling Barracks, and Lusialu had found her days quieter than usual. She had caught herself looking up to smile, or see what a friend had been doing--and found herself smiling at an empty bunk, or unfamiliar face. Her thrill at having a sister in the Barracks by way of Yunara had been short-lived indeed, and that jealousy stung most of all.

Oh, she would never utter an admittance--she would be all smiles, all good cheer for Kinye, Yunara, and Elibrie--but her hearts were still sore from the envy she carried. She had always been a jealous girl, and life, it seemed, continued to leave her disappointed, forgotten, and alone. They were all busy now--surely, far too busy for the likes of her--but she knew their duty to their dragons came first. Their schedules were different now, and even their mealtimes didn't always allow an opportunity to meet--most of the time the weyrlings were all sat together as a group, or would come early or late on any given day.

But there was nothing to be done of it. Lusialu knew that she was not the first girl to watch their friends Impress, or ones siblings. Yunara had been a foster-sister, but Alusia had taken to the girl particularly strongly, especially after finding out about her faux-engagement with K'rou. Lusialu certainly hadn't objected--fostering was common in the Weyr, and she knew her mother had enjoyed having another to dote upon. Yunara had been sweet, and good, and Lusialu had liked her from the start--so she had been doubly thrilled when she was found on Search.

But to hardly spend more than a sevenday together--and to watch her Impress a queen...

It would be a lie to say it didn't sting.

She had been there first hand to witness Kinye charming a brown, only to be Impressed by a most beautiful green. And Elibrie had found a handsome blue amid all her distress and pain. he had hoped a green or blue might look her way, but besides the chonky fellow who had asked how they felt about the Hatching at the most inopportune moment... she had attracted no one. And now, all her friends would move on with their lives without her.

Yunara had more confidence than she'd ever witnessed before, and Kinye seemed by far and away more mature and sure of herself. And here she was, scrambling to try to hide all that jealousy, all that desire and feeling very much like nothing more than a small child. She was seventeen, and growing up quickly, but there were some emotions that would take time to settle.

She was happy for them all... She was just still a little sad for herself. It would be an adjustment, but a new normal would commence. Perhaps she would try to make more friends with any new Candidates that might be found, or reach out to those she didn't know so well. At least she still had Honeycomb, Seaglass, and Surprise to distract her.

Yes, life would move on, and so would she. She would be all right soon--and Turn's End might be just the distraction she needed.

With her mother's help, she had found a pretty little blue-green dress, with matching ribbon in her hair. Seaglass and Surprise clung to her skirts where she sat, with Honeycomb settled securely on the fur that wrapped her shoulders. But she was shyer than her brother and sister, and had taken to hovering near an interior wall. She felt very much out of place amid all the dancing and revelry, and it honestly felt much like an extension of the Feast itself.

Admiring all the handsome couples, Lusialu's gaze did fall on a familiar face. Elibrie had arrived, along with her pale blue. He was already noticeably larger than he had been a few days prier--but still small enough to fit the Lower Caverns. She hesitated a moment--unsure if her company would be welcome. She knew Elibrie and her dragon were in a delicate state--and she did not wish to upset either. But she did want to see her, to say hello, and try to bring her some cheer. Perhaps it would be unwelcome... But she had worried about her.

The Weyr was chalk full of rumors, after all, and she knew Elibrie had been very close to Juhvek. Lusialu herself had known him passingly, by virtue of growing up in the Weyr, but was not on near as good terms as Elibrie or Oranie. He'd been well odler than she, and they had grown up in different circles. Though the Hatching Feast had been light, there had been more than a few missing faces--and there had been an understone of concern overh his condition. While he lived, and still lived--the true extent was still relatively unknown.

It was why she did want to get up and say hello. If she felt Elibrie had no wish for company, she would let her be and give her any space she needed. Lusialu certainly didn't wish to be a bother. "Elibrie," she called out as she picked up her skirts and made her way over. "How good to see you tonight." She offered a small curtsy, and smiled warmly at the other. Honeycomb offered an inquisitive croon, even as Surprise and Seaglass peeped greeting at Kesucienth and the fair of blue flits. Hello!

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:50 pm
There she was!

Elibrie perked up visibly at the sound of her friend's voice, and her whole expression lightened when she caught sight of her, tired eyes brightening. She rushed to draw Lusialu into a gentle hug, given only slight pause by how odd it felt to be curtsied to by her friend. Before Kesucianth, she might have let it stop her and make her fret, but soft and quiet though she still was, her blue had lent her a certain confidence that, now that their bond was strengthening, smoothed out many of the little everyday worries that had always so preoccuppied her.

"I'm so sorry, I've wanted to see you for days." Oh, how she had missed her friend! The love of a dragon was a balm for many things, but it did not erase the need for all other bonds. She pulled away for a moment to have a look at the other girl as Lullaby continued to croon happily at Lusialu and flits alike. "You look beautiful."

Kesucianth gave her a charming little approximation of a bow, one that wouldn't disturb too badly the flits who'd made a perch of him and were cheeping happily at their fellows.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:21 pm
She was glad that the other girl received her so warmly--and though she had been surprised by the hug, did not object at all. Lusialu would have gone right in for a hug herself--but had not wanted to upset her baby dragon, or make her friend uncomfortable. Thankfully, she came from a very tactile family, and hugs were never something to deny--and she made sure to hug her friend extra tight. It had been an emotional few days--but a New Turn was about to begin, and despite all the trials, better things were on the way. A Weyr was nothing, after all, if not resilient.

"Oh, no apologies are needed," she assured, giving a small shake of her head. "I know you've been quite busy as a weyrling," never mind everything else that had taken place. Still, Lusialu didn't want to bring her friend into a negative space and thought it best best to try to focus on the positive. "Truly, the Barracks hasn't been the same without you. Honeycomb and Seaglass in also miss you and your little fair--and have taken to heckling the new girl who is now in your cot thinking she might have treats. She, uh, is less than amused." Not every Candidate got along, after all.

She smiled at the compliment, and gave a small shake of her head. "Ah, I wish I felt it--but thank you. You look absolutely enchanting tonight. I'm glad you could make it."

Still, her gaze did move to the pale blue that was at her side--and she smiled all the brighter at his pow. "Oh! Such a gentleman--and his pale colors and markings are ever so fetching! It's an honor to finally meet you," she spoke to the blue, giving another curtsy just for him. She didn't expect the blue to say anything--dragons didn't often speak to others outside Theirs--but she hoped he knew her pleasure for him having picked Elibrie was true. No matter the pining and tendrils of covetousness in her own heart.

Honeycomb, of course, gave a happy enough whistle--even as Seaglass stretched out a neck to peep at some of Elibrie's fair--lest the handsome boys think they might be overlooked. Peep, peep!

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:35 pm
It was only since coming to the Weyr that Elibrie had turned a little more tactile with anyone but her sister, though be Weyr standards she still remained quite reserved. But she had missed Lusialu, and it felt like it had been far longer than a few days since she'd seen her, and not only did hugging her feel right, it went some way towards soothing the hurt she was still carrying with her.

"Still I wish there'd been time somewhere." There really, truly hadn't, and she knew it, but it had felt so amiss to not see or talk to her friend at all. To be in new Barracks, with different neighbors - though obviously she was already well-acquainted with some of her classmates - was still terribly strange. Her life had been wholly upended, and though Kesucianth was well worth the changes he had brought...well, it was all a lot to process, especially all of it at once. "I've missed you so much, I really have."

When Lusialu described the new cot situation, Elibrie giggled just a bit. Perhaps she should feel bad for the new girl, but it was an adorably funny little scene to picture. "I suppose if I meet her, I'll have to apologize for having encouraged them in bad habits." Not that she was an over-feeder of treats, but she did spoil and baby flits more than some, she knew. "Chomps hates that we're somewhere new, and Snoops is just devastated that he can't just go back whenever he likes to play, but you know how he is. He'd been in someone's things in a heartbeat."

And he missed Juhvek, too, in his own little way. He'd been very fond of the man ever since 'exploring' him as a brand new little hatchling. Snoops was one of no few reminders that kept thoughts of him close; even if others avoided the topic, the thoughts were there regardless, inescapable, and they weren't necessarily unwelcome, even if they ached.

Elibrie accepted the return of her compliment with a ducked head. "I don't feel it either, I'll admit. Mostly I feel tired, but I'm glad I could make it, too." And though her aunt had offered to let her borrow something, she had balked at the idea - she was most comfortable in simpler things that kept her well-covered and didn't call attention with bold colors. "I finally get to see everyone."

Almost everyone.

But Lusialu was admiring Kesucianth, and she let it distract her, for she was indeed proud and very much in love with her blue. "Isn't he? Lusialu, this is Kesucianth. Kesucianth, this is Lusialu."

It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Miss Lusialu. The blue's mindvoice was soft and gentle, and his eyes whirled with happy colors. He seemed somewhere in the middle when it came to addressing others, neither averse nor a chatterer, but on this occasion, decorum certainly called for it. And he well remembered her from the Touching, as well - even before he'd seen her from the perspective of His' affections, he'd known she was a good young woman with a true heart. I am glad that Mine has someone like you as her friend.

Though Brightstar was content to remain on his dragon-perch, Moondrop couldn't resist! When Honeycomb whistled and Seaglass peeped, he hopped into the air to loop around the little gathering with a hopeful trill. Play?

x Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:19 pm
It was nice to reacquaint herself with her friend, especially after all the changes that had occurred the past sevenday! First Anakumath's Hatching, and the inevitable fall out which was followed by Banshideth's Hatching, and all the feelings that came along with it. Between losing some of her friends to weyrlinghood, dealing with her deep-rooted envy, and the double disappointment of being left standing almost back-to-back... It had been a lot.

There had been more than a few tears when she felt shew as alone, and while she tried to be all smiles around anyone else... Coping wasn't easy. Two clutches were exciting--but Lusialu did not like the double hurt of being over looked. Knowing she felt such selfish things, even while others were going through their own triumphs and trials, just made her feel that much worse.

But soon things would hit a normal stride...or at least, a stride that would be more or less normal. She would make new friends, and could still keep up with Kinye and Elibrie and Yunara. It wasn't as if they were gone far away, after all--and she was determined to keep in touch.

"I know weyrlinghood is full of new demands, and new routines. Truly, it's quite all right and completely understandable. We'll just have to fit in time when we can" she mused. They were practically family, after all--in a distant, through-weyrmates sort-of-way. "I'm not under any illusion that your schedule's any easier or bursting with free time." While it was what Candidacy prepared for them for, having a new dragon to care for and tend was truly a full-time job. It's why the Weyr needed non-Impressed men and women to keep it running, for a rider had very little time.

"I'm hoping to break him of the habit--he mostly liked having your boys to play with, though the periodic treat didn't hurt, either. I figure I might have to give her a flit just as payback, should Honey, Seaglass, or Surprise ever hatch any." Lusialu wasn't above a little bribery to grease the wheels of a potential friendship--or at least to keep the girl from feeling too put off by Honeycomb's harassment.

"We'll just have to fake it, I suppose--though give it an hour or so and I'm sure most of the Wey will be so into their cups they won't notice a thing." High Reaches did love a good part... and there were still some folks from Western here, as well!

Perhaps relations between the two Weyrs were improving? One could always hope.

When the little blue spoke to her, Lusialu's eyes couldn't help but go wide. The smile that followed was warm and full of genuine pleasure. While she had heard dragon's from time-to-time, it was always a delight and honor to be spoken to. Honeycomb and Seaglass both immediately crooned in delight, while little Surprise gave a soft trill. "Thank you! It was nice to get to know her... and I'm glad she has you in her life now, too. You couldn't have chosen better." Obviously not. Perhaps it was silly to say, but she was glad Elibrie had found her match. Even more so, now, given what had happened.

"He's just a gem, Elibrie. Absolutely handsome, too." With his pale, soft colors and darker markings. Hngh. The upswell of envy that followed her joy was pointedly ignored. How amazing might it be to find ones mate? And hadn't her brother Impressed a very fine blue, too? Blues were, in her opinion, the prettiest color of dragon--and Kesucianth was no exception!

As Moondrop took the air, it was the young Surprise who followed, giving a happy little creel. She wove about the two girls, curious to see where Moondrop might get off to--and more than happy to follow. The young green was still very small, and though of a more anxious temperament than ether Seaglass or Honeycomb, she still had a drive for activity and games. Peep, peep!

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am
"I know there's nothing for it, I just- I just wish some things had been different," Elibrie admitted. Obviously, chief among those wishes was that Juhvek had not been hurt, but in her perfect world, everyone she was close to would have Impressed from the same clutch, so that they'd all have been together through weyrlinghood and everything after. She knew how unlikely such a thing was, but hadn't her aunt Impressed alongside her best friends? Maybe it had been silly to hope for the same, but she had. And now she had to cope with all these trials and changes without those she trusted the most. The one, shining bright spot in her life was Kesucianth, and the one thing she would never even dream of changing. He was perfect, everything she could have wanted in a partner and more, and patiently and steadfastly holding her up through it all.

It was hard not to linger on sad thoughts and could-have-beens, but the topic of flits, at least, was a cheerful one. "Maybe some playdates would do them some good. I can't blame them for missing their friends." After all, didn't she? And she actually understood the situation, whereas for the flits, things were inexplicably different. "She'd be very lucky to have one of Honey's, I think. Brightstar's been a very good boy. Haven't you, buddy?"

The dark flit, still perched on Kesucianth, straightened up when spoken to and cheeped in response. He had modeled Lullaby's habit of speaking when spoken to, a trait Elibrie found delightful and endearing. She liked to have little 'conversations' with her firelizards, regardless of how little they actually understood of what she was saying. It was just nice to have someone she could talk to about absolutely anything, and while she now had Kesucianth she could share everything with, the practice of talking to her flits was still a comfort as well.

"I don't know how much faking I have in me, but I'll certainly try," Elibrie said with a small smile. In truth, she did do a lot of faking, and had no shortage of practice with pretending that everything was alright, that she was a model girl with no thought or feeling out of place. And she'd spent the last few days keeping up appearances as well, more often than not, as there was nothing else to be done for it. Much as she might have liked to, she couldn't just curl up with Kesucianth and wallow - they were weyrlings, with duties and responsibilities. But it did get tiring, holding everything in as she went about her days, though her bonded was holding her uo and keeping her going.

Kesucianth's eyes whirled with calm, happy colors; Lusialu seemed pleased that he'd spoken to her, and it warmed his hearts. She truly was a good girl, and he was glad that she and Elibrie had each other as friends. With a soft thrum, he offered her hand a little nuzzle.

"I'm lucky to have him," the young new bluerider remarked fondly, looking on him with love and gratitude. "I don't know what I'd do without him." She'd have had difficult choices to make, painful ones, that was for certain. She didn't think she'd ever have wanted to Stand again, but that would have meant leaving...and where would she have gone, and what would it have been like, without her sister, without her friends?

Moondrop trilled as Surprise joined him, looping in a little twirl around her as well, before flitting off across the Dining Hall - but well above head height for most of the crowd, at least. Chase??? Chase!!

Uta

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm
”A playdate would be wonderful, should our schedules ever line up,” Lusialu agreed, more than happy to focus on the future. Turn’s End hadn’t turned out quite how she expected, but there was little to be done. She wanted to be happy for her friends--which she very much was--but the envy that so often gripped her wasn’t an easy emotion to let go. Especially with having been overlooked not once, but twice, in such a short amount of time. While there was time yet to find Hers… there was also a nagging fear that maybe it would all be for naught. Hadn’t her own mother been a Candidate once? Hadn’t she also been left standing?

Well.

At least she had a good handful of Turns left. She would stick it out until the very end, and support her friends who did find Theirs. “Do let me know when your next rest day is. Even if I’m still working, I can usually find a little time for other things once my chores or studies wrap. F’dral’s at least good about that, at least.” He might have been strict and didn’t care for idle hands, but so long as Candidates weren’t shirking their duties, and had their ducks in a row, he let them use their free time accordingly.

Kesucianth was graced with another smile, this time the light reaching her eyes. It was hard to feel glum when there was a baby dragonet offering her hand a little nuzzle. While she didn’t want to fawn too much over him--he was Elibrie’s after all--she couldn’t help but be biasedly charmed. “My brother Impressed a fine blue a few Turns prior, you know,” she spoke to Kesucianth, even if she didn’t expect a reply. “Your Uncle, actually. Between the three of us, I think blues are the prettiest--and you are no exception.” How could one not be struck by the pale gentleman before her? Looking up at Elibrie, she gave another smile. “I really, truly, am glad you found Yours, especially given what went down. At least you have him to help you while the Weyr waits for Juhvek to come home.” A small comfort, perhaps, but no less life changing.

It hadn’t occurred to Lusialu that Elibrie might have quit Candidacy then and there. If Kesucianth’s Impression had kept her in the Weyr, the young girl would have been even more effusive in her gratitude.

Glancing up, watching Surprise happy chitter and take off after Moondrop, Lusialu at least had the grace to look sheepish. “At least those two are having fun. Anyway, did you want to get something to drink or shall I let you seek out others? I suspect there’ll be a queue wanting to admire you, or others you might wish to see.” She didn’t want to take up her time, or get underfoot, after all. As much as she wanted to catch up and spend time with her, she couldn’t help but feel very unimportant. Yunara was an illustrious gold rider, and on her first attempt, too. Alumet a junior weyrwoman and a mother; C’lusi a bluerider and a father. Even Kinye had found Hers, and Dehka, and …. So many familiar and friendly faces all moving up in the world. By the time she Impressed--if she Impressed-- her friends would likely be full-fledged riders, each living their own lives and moving on with her.

Yep. A drink definitely sounded good.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:58 pm
"I'd love that." It was a small thing, but it was still a plan for the future, such as it was, and for something normal. The flits could play, and the more tolerant of them could be subjected to some of the motley little accessories they'd acquired or made, and they could just...be for a little while, and distract themselves from what wasn't what it should have been, or at least what they'd hoped it would be. "I'll have to ask, but I'll let you know as soon as I do. I feel like I hardly know what day it is."

Between what had happened, and all the new lessons and chores, and then another Hatching - which she had not attended - followed by another Feast and now another Feast, it was hard to keep hold of any overarching sense of time. It had been a very bizarre and exhausting series of days, and they all sort of bled together. Kesucianth, at least, was a constant, and a blessing.

The young blue crooned softly, pleased by this modest fawning-over; he was only a blue, after all, so he hardly merited the degree of fussing and adoration his larger siblings did, but this little bit of it was quite lovely and sweet. I have not yet had the pleasure, but I hope to meet my uncles properly soon. As for blues being the prettiest, well - he could hardly disagree with such a lovely young lady, as that would be impolite, but it would also be improper to tout his own color so, so he simply accepted the admiration with blue-green eyes. Perhaps one of my fellow blues will be in your future, then, though it will be a lucky dragon who calls you Theirs regardless of their color. It would have been hard not to be found of Lusialu, even if she'd not touched his egg, as dear as she was to His.

At mention of Juhvek, he felt the inevitable and familiar sadness it stirred up in his, and her returned to his side to lean against her. It was a tender subject, and while not one she wished to avoid altogether, was yet difficult to speak of. Though she'd not contradict her friend, she doubted whether the Weyr at large would be waiting, though his family connections weren't insignificant. But with this parade of celebrations one after the other, it was hard not to think that what had happened had been quite swiftly forgotten by most - and after all, in the eyes of the Weyr, injuries and even deaths on the Sands were a fact of life, significant only to those close to such incidents. Looking down at Kesucianth, she stroked his head, which he tilted just so to best receive the petting, an act that soothed her. "So am I. I'd be lost if he hadn't found me, truly."

Elibrie glanced up after Moondrop and his friend - he was well-behaved enough, and unlikely to cause anyone any trouble...unlike Snoops, who'd not have been able to leave the tables of food alone. Moondrop, however, was more interested in play, and would likely nyoom his way outside soon enough. "Faranth, I hope, not," she said as to the matter of a queue of admirers, "That sounds exhausting. No, I just want to see you and Oranie, really." Though she was only a few years younger than her aunt and had practically grown up with her, she'd changed considerably from the girl that Elibrie remembered, and in truth she found her and her brown quite intimidating, though there was no questioning that they were well-meaning. They just...were rather outside her comfort zone. "Something to drink would be lovely."

Weyrling-appropriate for her, as it went without saying. Not that Elibrie had ever had anything that wasn't.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff