R'him did appreciate that Elibrie at least explained what had set her off, what boundary he had overstepped. They had been discussing Candidacy and her arrival at the Weyr, so he had meant to imply that he had sounded like he would have been an ideal friend to have at that time in particular; but his half-finished thought had clearly taken a sour note.

"Ah, I... I see. I am sorry...That wasn't what I meant. Truly." He was doing a piss poor job with this apology, wasn't he? Couldn't even talk to the girl without making her cry. He didn't know her connections, didn't know who her friends were, didn't know much about how well liked she was--but he was an outsider, coming in, and already he'd been put between a rock and a hard place with his Impression, after what happened with the Headwoman's son--and he could only imagine the rumors that would kick up when word got out about this.

Still, he wouldn't inopportune Elibrie any further. Upset weyrlings were frowned upon, and Hybreoth was already at his limit. He did want to distress him any more than he'd already had. Between Elibrie and Hybreoth--R'him's morning was not off to a very good start.

Elibrie's request did not fall on deaf ears though, and he offered her a weak smile. "Don't worry about apologizing none. It's okay, it's all right. I probably should have given it more time anyway so... Take all the time you need. You're always welcome, but I'll leave contact up to you." That way she was in more control of when she might want to try to clear the air.

"See you around."

With a quick bow to her and Kesucianth--whose touch had been a surprise--R'him wasted no time hurrying over to Hybreoth. He'd need to try to make amends for distressing him so--and he didn't have long before their morning lesson. Hybreoth said not a word to His, too proud to lean against his for comfort in front of others, and too upset to want to.

R'him wouldn't push him though. Like with Elibrie, R'him was aware that Hybreoth was a dragon who often needed time to heal a heavy heart and battered spirit. He had failed with Elibrie, but he was determined to have a different outcome with Hybreoth.

All it would take was time.

Meepfur
And that's a wrap I think!