Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] A Pillar of Love (D'hka/Lufianth + N'ori)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 am
Nassiva had absolutely not approved of N'ori's altercation with his son - even if it was less of an actual fight and more of an active tantrum on the part of Kahbrohm who had, at least for now, calmed himself into some semblance of civility. But the young man had decided he wasn't going to join civilization while it meant the harsh truth was there for everybody else to see and celebrate.

While N'ori was going to celebrate it eagerly.

Of course, the clutchparents were going to want to make their greetings first which allowed N'ori some time to get an eye for what spread Padmia (whom he privately wondered if they'd see that evening) had prepared with the other kitchenworkers. He'd not think of eating himself until Dehka had his chance to make introductions, but he did particularly like the idea of being able to make suggestions of things he'd known his son to enjoy in the past.

Soon enough, however, N'ori would spot the young man entering with his newly hatched green at his side as though Dehka himself had hung the stars in the that very winter night sky. He approached with nothing but pride.

"Well! Congratulations, young man! What does your father call you now? And your little darling?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:13 pm
This all still felt surreal. He'd neatened himself up and dressed in his best clothing, walking down to the Feast with the small green all but pressed to his side. He couldn't stop staring at her and smiling like a fool, and she would look right back up at him with an adoring croon. His Lufianth. How had he ever managed before she'd found him? He'd already cried a few more times from sheer happiness, and just looking at his dragon was enough to make his eyes threaten to water again.

So did seeing his father walk towards him with a smile.

The young man in question let out a shaky laugh, reaching out to embrace N'ori. His shoulders threatened to tremble, but he forcibly reined in his emotions and stepped back, his grin lighting up his entire face. "I think I'm going to go with D'hka. And this is Lufianth!"

The little green had watched the exchange with purple eyes, not hesitating to press herself against N'ori's legs as though to better convey her love and appreciation for the man that had raised Hers'. Hello! It's so nice to meet you! My D'hka thinks the world of you. And so, naturally, she did too!

D'hka watched his green with unabashed tenderness, smitten beyond words.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:16 am
"D'hka!" N'ori boomed the name so loudly that a few unfortunately surprised folks nearby seemed to jump - not that mirth was to be unexpected at a celebratory event. "It sounds good in the mouth - and strong too!" which, of course, his son was and always had been.

But of course, that was not the only name he now had to know - and when Lufianth was introduced the bronzerider crouched to scoop up the little green so he could plant a kiss on her nose. "And you, Lufianth, have chosen one of the finest boys in all of High Reaches!" One, of course, as the other had not also impressed the young green - and could not have. But N'ori did not bring attention to Kahbrohm's absence in such happy times. "Why, Meigth is almost morose over with the healers that he can't come to see you himself!"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:46 pm
He grinned widely at his father, his face flushed with pleasure at N'ori's exuberance. Truth be told, he didn't think there were many ways to shorten his name, but he was still satisfied! That was when he really looked at his dad--and felt an ugly jolt of shock ripple through him when he realized what seemed off about his face.

Lufianth immediately curled her limbs up to aid in the scooping, cheeping with adoration when she was bestowed a kiss! Isn't he lovely? She couldn't help but gush over Hers, reaching out to delicately touch N'ori's nose with her snout as though to return the kiss. He's so generous and kind and strong... Yes, she could have sang his praises all evening, if allowed! A sudden spike of alarm from D'hka was enough to immediately have her twisting in the larger man's grip, yellow bleeding into her eyes.

"We'll come visit Meigth as soon as we can, but--" But what had happened? Except D'hka was putting the pieces together at a frantic pace, only forcing himself to stop when he realized that Lufianth was almost beginning to vibrate with anxiety due to his emotions. He took a deep breath, immediately reaching out to her with his hands so he could stroke at her hide. "It's okay." He mumbled. Nothing for his sweet girl to worry about, anyway, but he could feel Lufianth's doubt. He focused on his father again before quietly asking, "Kahbrohm isn't coming, is he?"

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:10 am
It was really Lufianth's sudden alarm that let N'ori know that despite his best intentions to keep the mood light and celebratory, D'hka had realized something was off. He was a highly empathetic boy, after all, and if the absolute adoration and affection that the little green exuded was any hint, it was absolutely the part of his son she latched onto.

So, he'd been at least somewhat ready to answer the young man's question when it came - braced to not lie or try and sugarcoat it. Kahbrohm's sour mood was better known sooner, rather than later, even if both N'ori and Meigth wouldn't allow it to fester. Shards, it was likely the young man had taken his desire to lash out to someone who would better allow it from him. Perhaps that green friend of his.

"He's not. I'm afraid to say that he handled being left behind this time very poorly." As though the slight swelling in his face wasn't any indication of that. While it hadn't bruised yet, there would be one to show for it later. "I'm sure with some time, he'll come around and a proper introduction to your lovely lady will soothe his woe."

A bit of a stretch, but he wanted to - had to - believe it. "Perhaps his luck will fare better when Banshidheth's brood hatches in the new few sevendays."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 pm
With her D'hka's reassurances, Lufianth stilled in N'ori's arms, crooning worriedly with her usual sweetness. D'hka listened quietly, his own emotions roiling about inside of him. It hurt, to put it mildly. He knew the disappointment Kahbrohm must be experiencing, but allowing himself to get upset would only upset his dragon in turn. Slowly, carefully, he pushed his own emotions down, knowing he could think about them later.

I would like to meet him later, if you do not think he'd be too upset. Lufianth said a touch anxiously to both men. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

D'hka was privately more concerned about Lufianth's feelings. The last thing he wanted was to fight with Kahbrohm, but he absolutely would if it meant protecting his green. "We'll give him some time to cool off." He said, glancing at his father again. "I hope so." Never in a million Turns had he expected to Impress before his brother... and a part of him felt extremely guilty for not feeling guilty about it.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:30 pm
N'ori peered down at the mollified green, pondering idly to himself how soon of a 'later' would be a plausible meeting time. Kahbrohm was more raw and volitile at that time than he was usually and the last thing he needed was for the boy to upset further - or to upset his brother by being upset. "I think with a little time he'll feel a little better about it all - he's just raw right now and needs to let that heal over." Kahbrohm was hardly the first candidate to feel grossly upset in the wake of a hatching, but N'ori would put his faith in his son to pull his pride back up by the bootstraps and stop sulking sooner, rather than later.

Still, he was happy to change the topic soon enough: "Looks like you'll have plenty of people to get to know better, though - have you met the young man who impressed her twin?" N'ori asked, uncertain what relationships his sons may have had with their fellow candidates before - or even which were perhaps from Western instead.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:05 pm
"Yeah." That was really all he could say. He wanted to share this moment with Kah, but could respect his need for space right now. If that meant waiting a little while, then it was a small price to pay. D'hka allowed himself to refocus on the sight of his father holding his dragon, and a smile again crept across his face. "I'm excited for that," He confessed, and his eyes brightened at the next question. "No, not yet. I want to go introduce myself soon. Lufianth can't wait to introduce me. Do you know if Nassiva is here, or is she busy with work?" They could sneak by later, if she was.

Oh, yes! I know Inannath will want to say hello, and maybe Mother and Father will have time for us to visit. They would certainly both be busy meeting all of her siblings' riders, but Lufianth thought that she and D'hka could be quick!

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 pm
Delight was a much better look on D'hka for that evening, and N'ori finally set Lufianth back down so she could better latch and love upon the boy - goodness knew he didn't lack for such attention even before, but he was not about to deny him the extra helping of it that absolutely radiated from the petite green.

"Well, that's a good sign! I'm sure he's a fine young man and you'll have so much in common, hm?" N'ori briefly pondered if those who bonded to twins had closer relationships to the rider of the other. Perhaps he'd find out in time. "Ah, Nassiva was over at the Healers last I saw her," shaming him for fighting with his son, " but I'd be happy to lure her away from her work soon enough - things are admittedly a little stressed in there with the injured candidate....." But Nassiva could surely step away for a little while.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff