Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] A Proper Adult (Alythrae + Kinye/Metisoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:10 am
Kinye had never worn a dress this long to a feast and she wasn't sure if it perhaps didn't suit her properly. After all, long dresses were more meant for a proper woman, weren't they? A small frown creased her face as she did another turn to get a real feel for the fabric.

You look - and are - every part a proper adult, my dear. Metisoth informed her from where she green lounged next to the pair's new bunk - fighting off the thought of sleep when there were far more interesting parts of the evening to go and see. Even if, to her disappointment, they'd missed the early part of the night where the blue of the sky was fading into inky blackness. While the green did know what it looked like, she had been hoping to see it for herself.

"You'll get to see the beautiful colors of morning first and take the entire sky into consideration in order, though!" Kinye offered optimistically, still uncertain what Metisoth's interest in the sky was for at all, but having not questioned it in spite of this. Metisoth considered this suggestion and seemed pleased by it.

Of course, it was simply fair to give the entire sky's range of colors the time they wanted to take up and in the order they were meant to be seen.

And of course, there were other things to be seen that day and now that Kinye's waffling over if she really suited looking the part of a grown-up had been settled in but a few words from her dragon - Shards, hers - they could be off towards proper celebrations. There were a few small pauses before they were properly inside, of course - a pause to greet Elzebuth and Anakumath and receive congratulations from the queen's rider - before the pair stepped inside and Kinyegele immediately began her search for her mother.

She'd have looked for her father too, but given he'd been injured he'd likely have to wait at least a day or so before she could give him proper introductions as well.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:44 am
What a wonderful day it was! Why it was the best day she'd had since Demanthra had impressed and after what felt like far too many turns of waiting she got to see her baby Impress at last! Just as she deserved, the most beautiful of green dragons on those sands had been hers and Alythrae was all but determined to get her hands on Kinyegele and hug her as fiercely as she could to make up for how her father was currently laying on a cot at the healers.

D'ast had been the first one she'd run to tell after it had occurred though he'd had a real time account thanks to Tarmath and Zetigeth's images and updates. It still felt best for him to hear it from her until he could meet Metisoth himself after all.

Dressed in her finest, Aly had gotten to the feast early enough that by the time she finally saw Kinye's face make it through the wall of admirers and well wishers she had two plates in her hands loaded down with food for her little one and her dragon should she be hungry. "Kinye!" She hopped, balancing the food shakily when she landed the first time so that it didn't land on her or anyone else in their fine clothes.

"Hey baby girl! Girls!" Aly was beaming and trying not to be her extra loud self from the brimming excitement of it all. "Oh let me look you over you wonderful dragonrider you. Kinyegele of green Metisoth. I'm so thrilled!" The older woman bent over in a bow before the green who had chosen her daughter, who had been born just for her heart and lamented the fact she had no hands free to fan at her eyes which were misting up from joy.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you anew." And it was true, Kinye wasn't just her daughter now, no, she would soon be her equal in every way and hopefully one day surpass her.

From up on the fire heights a giant green watched with one purple eye glowing happily.

demon_pachabel
Sorry for this double quote. Curse you gaia.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:32 am
Briefly, Kinye seemed to bounce between whether she should take one of the plates her mother held or to simply throw herself upon the woman in a hug. It was plainly clear where she got her glowing enthusiasm from, after all. Plate, free up one of your mothers arms for her dear, Metisoth advised gently and Kinye obliged readily. Then, she used her free arm to throw around Aly's neck for the ever so desired hug.

Metisoth overflowed with love - or rather, the overflow of boundless love from Kinye flooded into her, buoying her hearts in their deep waters that was familial affection. The green was, of course, familiar with it given her love for her own family (yes, even those who strained at practicality). But her own love had not yet been filled with the waters that was Kinyegele's family until that moment.

It is very nice to make your acquaintance, Metisoth thrummed up at her, pausing only when Kinye corrected her - "She's not an acquaintance! She's mom! You'll see lots of her!" because, of course, Kinye's roots in High Reaches reached as deep as they could go. "Awww, come now - I'm not that different..."

But then the fact she very well could have been and not realized it struck her and she peered down to Metisoth who leaned out to nose at one of her arms supportively. You are simply you - perfected and complete, after all, Metisoth hadn't really found much to disturb in all of her to make her own space. Hers had been, simply, everything she needed her to be, just the way she was. Give or take a few little things she'd carefully packed up and set aside for a lack of practicality.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:24 am
When Kinye threw her arm around her Alythrae finally let herself cry happily, for there was no other way that the tears could be even taken outside of pure unadulterated joy for her daughter and her wonderful dragon. There was love flowing off of the new baby green dragon in such waves that she could only imagine what Metisoth was offering to her baby girl and that alone made the tears run harder.

"And it's such an honor to make yours as well sweet Metisoth, thank you for being born and thank you for choosing Kinyegele." Aly pressed a kiss onto her daughter's cheek and reached out to run her free hand under the little green's delicate head. "Oh she's so beautiful, I cannot wait for your dad to meet her. The big lug's probably gonna cry."

Though it was always sort of an open secret that she kept about her husband's emotions over his kids, Aly thought it was rather sweet that he cried for each of their children that Impressed despite his normally reserved nature. Kinye got all of her sweetness from him but her spunk, oh she knew full well that came from her and she couldn't wait to see what a mix of it would do for her. Especially now that she was a rider.

"You're perfectly different and perfectly the same, just as you should be." For her daughter was brighter and happier, that much she could even see. The sun itself would never hold a candle to her as long as her green was there.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:23 am
Metisoth seemed briefly surprised that she was being thanked for, well - Then I should thank you for for giving birth to my Kinye, she answered, not quite sure why one would thank her for doing things she mostly had no part in. Being born was because of her mother. Impressing Kinyegele was simply because the girl and nobody else had been meant to be hers. They were less decisions to be made that she had any way of being responsible for and just how it was meant to be. But she'd not squash the line of thought without trying to understand it first.

Kinye beamed under her mother's affections. "Oh nooo! I don't want him to cry!" though she imagined it would be very close to her mother's tears - they didn't tug grief or sadness for having brought them the way woe would have. "If I ask, I think they'll let us go visit him with one of the older dragons keeping an eye on us," Kinye could handle the state of the infirmary and those within it. She'd done enough chores within it and her father's condition didn't simply throw her into distress. But Metisoth was fresh and new and needed to be watched. Kept from simply becoming overwhelmed by it all and throwing herself Between from the pressure. Not that Kinye imagined her lifemate to be sensitive in that particular way, despite the newness of their bond.

It is better to do things the right way - a good example for the others who may wish to do similarly, Metisoth saw no reason to break from the mold. Those rules were in place for a reason and there was no harm to either of them for abiding by them.

"Hmmm, I guess that makes enough sense," she did, after all, know that impression had a way of changing every person who walked off the sands in a different way. She'd just not seen it in herself - too busy looking upon the most perfect dragon on all of Pern.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:11 am
She was such a proper little green indeed, Alythrae couldn't help but beam down at the dragon that had chosen her daughter. Naturally, thanking a dragon for choosing the person they'd always been meant for was ludicrous but that didn't matter to her. Her baby had waited and waited, so now... did it matter?

"All that matters is that you're both here because you found one another." She pressed a kiss into Kinye's hair and reached down with a free hand to boop the end of Metisoth's nose with her index finger. "And don't worry about your father, they'll be happy tears, he's cried with every one of you that's impressed, he just hides it from you all. Trust me, he's a softy but that softy's in good hands right now, there's no need to put your bond at risk walking into such a high stress area when he'll be out in a few days time."

At this she winked and pulled two forks from the pouch at her hip. "Shall we find somewhere to stuff ourselves silly in celebration of this most wonderful new bond?!" She was wound up and getting something in her stomach or just possibly sitting down might wind her back down from her maximum bubbliness, though generally that was Tarmath's calm self that did that. Besides, she couldn't tease them any when it was their very first night together, for she loved the two of them fiercely and Metisoth was only a baby.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:49 am
Kinye leaned into her mother while Metisoth leaned back with a small whirl of surprise at the boop to her snout. While the gesture was familiar between dragons - her mother had been gracious in demonstrating it as she doled out her infinite love - she'd not been quite prepared for it. "You mean I have to wait a few more days to introduce him?" she pouted, mostly for effect, even if she could very impatiently do just that. Especially when lessons would come upon them full force the next day.

She'd all but forgotten that the eggs had hatched right before dinner until she was reminded she had a plate in her hands by her mother producing forks. "Oh, yes! I'm starving," it wasn't the first time she'd felt it all evening, but it had lingered even after Metisoth had been fed to the green's satisfaction. Yes, I'd not have you waste away when I have only found you, Metisoth approved, already on the lookout for the perfect place for the trio to sit and settle.

And perhaps later, once food was settled she could ask after other introductions as well.

Hattaki

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff