Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] One and Only (Miela/Invidiath + Mailse)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 am
While it had only been an hour, that hour had felt like an eternity for Mailse who had to wait for the feast to finally have her chance to see her daughter - and even before that it had seemed the dame of the clutch had also wanted a few minutes with her darling daughter before Mailse could have a few of those with her own.

Certainly, there was much to celebrate that day simply on a personal level. Where she'd worried her darling Miela had been standing far too out of the way and on her own for her nerves to handle it had simply meant it took just a little longer for the green that now walked by her side to find her.

Mailse had no real ability to move quickly at this point in her pregnancy, but she still did her best as she rushed to greet her daughter once the pair had stepped inside where it was properly warm.

"Congratulations, sweetheart!" she brushed a hand over Miela's forehead before planting a kiss on it and stepping back. Was she perhaps doting upon her dear one like she was but a child still? After all, dragonriders weren't children and the reality of this match would hit her soon enough. "May I have an introduction?"

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:59 am
Having been to many a feast before, Miela was more than used to what protocol was and just how fun they could be as they danced and everyone wore their finest things. She'd missed out on just one in her turns, another cold winter night not so long ago, less than a full turn in fact. For the rest of it she'd just... well she'd existed even as she sought out help from numerous sources who were all to thank for her being well enough to stand on the sands to meet the green that now padded beside her, head raised high and proud and hide shining with fresh oil.

No longer would she be 'just' anything, that was a feeling that kept coming off of Invidiath in waves, for her rider was the best, the only, and would never again need fear a moment or a dragon of any certain type again. For there was only her and that was how it should be.

And shaff it all, it was so incredibly hard to keep track of her thoughts or even where she was going when she kept just staring down at her green!

I know darling, I know. Invidiath's silver spun voice soothed her gently and her head tilted a little as a woman she knew from Her's memories approached as quickly as her condition would allow. Instantly Miela's joy suffused the both of them and the green's hearts soared along with her bonded's.

Though she was fifteen and still small, smaller than she'd been a turn ago thanks to certain issues she'd had, Miela used all of her small energy to rush into her mother's arms and hug her as fiercely as she could manage. Her beaming smile seemed to split her whole scarred face in two and stretch from ear to ear. "Mom! This is Invidiath, the best dragon in his whole Weyr." No she didn't care who heard, yes she would say that from now on.

Invidiath, for her part, stood up as tall as she could muster, which was not tall given she was the smallest green from her whole clutch, and turned purple eyes on Mailse. Hello Mine's sweet mother, she's been thinking of nothing but this moment since we left the sands. The green dimed her rider out without concern and pressed her nose to the older woman's dress gently in greeting, not wanting to rip anything with her claws.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 am
"Well of course she is!" Mailse agreed readily, also not caring who would turn judgment upon the pair of them for thinking nothing but the absolute world of the little green who looked up upon them. She moved carefully, one arm still wrapped around Miela as she ducked down to plant a kiss upon the head of her daughter's newly bonded lifemate's head. What a sight she was!

"And I have been waiting for my turn since you came to lay claim to my darling - and what a wonderful girl she is!" though certainly, impression would have changed her, Mailse knew that it only made her dearest only more of what a wonderous thing she already was. Only for the better, only for the braver.

And of course, all the more important to all of Pern and not just her mother for it. "Do you have time to walk a bit - perhaps eat a little - before you do your rounds to make sure all of High Reaches sees such a beautiful dragon and her rider?" Would she join the others in dancing? Or perhaps there were others she also wanted to show off her dragon to.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 am
Much like when she received one of her mother's gentle boops upon the head, Invidiath made a strange noise at Mailse's kiss and wrapped one of her wings around the leg of the older woman while using the other to wrap Miela up as well. She'd suddenly acquired even more family in the form of a squishy human who was about to have more of her own. So in fact she'd added another two humans to her family and she would guard them fiercely for she now loved them.

Yes, this was all hers.

Miela bubbled just a little bit and tears started running down the left side of her face again. This time, just as every time since she'd met Invidiath on the sands in her shell, they were from joy. "She's being possessive again, you're her's now she says." It came out mixed together with laughter, for she'd never heard of or met a dragon quite like her green.

Nor shall you ever meet one like I again. Invidiath tossed her head dramatically as she finally lowered her wings. While she knew that there were a number of people for she and Miela to meet that night she imagined this would be one of the most important for Her's. Well the train of introductions can be paused, I suppose. There's no where else in the world better than around family after all.

To Miela she sounded as though she wanted to press on but she knew full well that Invidiath would not be removed from freely given attention from one of her humans quite so quickly. Not to mention there was just a general feeling the little dragon was giving her, not permission or demanding, just an understanding and love. As if she were saying 'We saw my mother, let's spend time with yours as well now.' without the words to it.

Beaming she wrapped herself around her mother again. "We have all the time Momma, what do you want? You should sit down and we can get you whatever you like." Miela offered. She would do anything for her mother.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 am
Mailse pondered briefly what Miela's father would think of the little green - or the little green would think of her father. "Well, I am hardly going to argue that!" though naturally she could only so much belong to Invidiath as she did any other dragon. Even if Hyglath had deigned it necessary to do such a thing, the bronze was so agreeable he'd likely have shared or simply allowed it anyways. "And she's here just in time for this little one too," Mailse ran an open palm over her stomach. The little one inside grew more active by the day and occasionally she wondered after them and who they would be.

"Well, that's very generous of you - you are the darlings of the hour and I would think it not good form to impose," even IF she was Miela's mother and would always be a part of her daughter's life in a very different way than the newly hatched green. Still, she wouldn't argue against sitting - she did do an awful lot of it as of late, even when it wasn't time to celebrate. Her fellow crecheworkers, many of them older, were at least incredibly understanding about it - even if word of the father had more or less earned the response of 'Of course it's him'.

She found a seat and settled with a little strain. "Are you hungry, love?"

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 am
Gently Miela pressed both her hands on her mother's stomach, made much easier by her diminutive height, and smiled a little wistfully. She'd had her mother all to herself for all her life, at least in regards to being her only child, and the thought of sharing the love she received made her slightly nervous. She was finding, however, that as the moments she was with Invidiath ticked on, the further wormed into her heart and mind the little green got, the less nervous she was.

In fact she was more excited than she'd been even the day before.

"I can't wait to meet them." She beamed up at her mother. The baby would be great, they'd have the greatest mother after all and be the child of a bronzerider, so they'd want for absolutely nothing.

Or so you think. Invidiath flicked her tail and her head raised to look through the crowd over to her brothers and her sisters, their metallic hides shining brightly from a fresh oiling. But Hers was right, it seemed metallics and their riders wanted for nothing. Ah, but your mother's correct, darlings we are and darling you should get your mother some food.

Sitting herself beside Mailse, Invidiath twined her tail around the woman's leg and watched those about them with interest while Miela went to grab food. It was only natural that she wanted to meet everyone the Weyr had to offer, even if not all of them were currently present, however she was content where she was, watching them and seeing interactions play out. Ones she would store away for... another time, another use.

Eyes turning purple and blue, the green tilted her head upwards at her bonded's return, one plate far more scant than the one she handed her mother, even if she smiled. "I hope you are momma."

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 am
"Whoever they are, I know you'll be the best big sister they could ever ask for," which was putting an awful lot onto Miela in a way. Herg'r wasn't exactly on his first kid, after all, and the little to come would certainly have a lot of older siblings to choose from. But Mailse had absolute confidence in her words. After all, she was now one of many greenriders of High Reaches.

As Miela hurried off, Mailse found herself almost idly stroking Invidiath's head as she watched her daughter hurrying about. Soon enough her darling and the dragon who had come for her would be too busy (and too big) for such little interactions and in the meantime, she'd soak them up.

"If not me, this little one is," Mailse answered, taking her hand from her stomach to take the offered plate with both hands. Her eyes, however, lingered upon her daughter's plate for a moment and there was a clear moment of consideration before she accepted it fully. "You're still a growing girl and will be busy with all of your lesson come morning - you should eat a little more." Not that there wouldn't be a feast to celebrate and indulge again in a few more weeks.

Hattaki

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff