Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] The First of Many (Miela/Invidiath + Marty/Ana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:52 am
Anakumath would surely not be the only one who wanted a little of this pair's time, but she would be the one who asked for it first, leaning down to nuzzle Invidiath's head when her first-hatched daughter - the very first of all of her children to ever follow now - was within booping range.

You didn't get a chance to show me your darling girl earlier, my love. May I meet her now? Anakumath asked, even though she was already close enough to peer upon Miela with nothing but purples and blues in her eyes - calm, loving, and adoring upon all of the new Weyrlings who would walk side-by-side with her children for the rest of their lives. How could she not love them, when they were not so innately a part of herself?

Certainly, they would want to have their own meal soon enough, but mother could surely impose for a time, right?

Marty, for her part, looked far too proud to feel as cold as she was as she offered her own kind words: "Congratulations on finding your lifemate today, Miela."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:36 am
A noise that Miela hadn't heard her green make quite yet was pulled from Invidiath a she leaned into her mother's nuzzle with gusto, relishing the attention she so rightfully and richly deserved as the first among them to be born. Why wasn't she the most important. It almost made the young weyrling grin but she hid it behind a bow to the large gold standing before her with such welcoming eyes and aura.

Oh don't laugh, my time was stolen from me and I'll have it now in excess thank you. Invidiath oozed joy for in this moment at last she didn't have to share with anyone, her mother's attention was on her and Hers. Mother! Mother, this is the one, I knew it from the moment her hand touched my shell. Yes she'd even chosen first among her siblings and none would tell her any different. She'd known exactly who was meant to be hers and though she'd quite enjoyed the attention the other candidates had given her, coveted it even, there had never been a question.

This whirlwind of thoughts whipped through Miela's mind as she stood back up and she had to rub at her left cheek to hide the tears that were beginning to well up from happiness again. "Thank you, Martirae and gold Anakumath. Thank you for Invidiath." Sincerity rang in her tone as she finally got the last of the tears that thinking about her dragon had brought on. She bowed to the goldrider as well, trying to straighten out her slightly too large dress as she stood back up once more.

Invidiath wouldn't be thrilled with her looking anything other than her best for this night of nights. And frankly neither would she.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:17 am
Anakumath hummed with nothing short of delight as Invidiath made to show off Miela, looking over the small girl and offering her a small wave of love as well. And how wonderful she is, sweet dear, she praised, though not so privately - to Marty alone - wondered if her daughter would perhaps have to go make some words with her cousin for the scars on the dear child. She'd never dare let her daughter think it something that needed to be done, however. Bygones had bygone and all was well in spite of it.

Why don't you tell me all about her? while Anakumath had already played silent council with all of her children before they'd hatched, she would never be tired of hearing any of it.

Martirae returned the bow, though with a bit less fuss. "Thank you for being there - your presence is more than half of what is important in it all," Martirae reminded. It was the only reason Martirae could take any pride in the little ones that now mingled about the feast. They'd not have been there if Martirae herself hadn't been where Anakumath had needed her to be. "The both of you are the pride of High Reaches," as much as any of the others, of course, but Martirae was hardly the type who would be looking down her nose at the 'lesser' chromatic riders. Just as Zheria had told them all at her own hatching feast that every color was important and wanted.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:32 am
A shiver ran the length of her spine at Anakumath's little wave of love and a stupid grin flashed over Miela's face that she let fall once more as she stood before the older and higher ranking gold rider. She held the second highest female rank in the Weyr after all and looking even remotely stupid in front of someone of such great rank and power had the...

You stop that train of thought right this very instant. Invidiath turned orange eyes on her and stamped a dark foot on stone, her words carefully directed at only her bonded. Blinking, Miela stared at her dragon in confusion and another wave of love overtook her, this time from the green herself. She may be a queen rider but she's mother's rider and that makes her family no matter her rank. No one puts themselves down in front of family, especially not one so wonderful as you.

It had been an admonishment mixed with a compliment but it still bolstered the younger girl's confidence just a bit. There had been words she'd heard. "Oh look that girl impressed." and the like even as she walked beside a lovely green dragon and after a turn of remarks far worse she still didn't think that much of herself. Leave it to Invidiath to stitch her back together, and so the little green did, turning to Anakumath and bragging so that any in the vicinity could hear about Miela's best traits without shame. The girl's face got darker and darker red as she continued but clearing her throat despite it she kept her attention back on Martirae.

"It's true, but it feels rude to say that." Miela offered a weak laugh and rubbed her right arm nervously. "Invidiath thinks we're the best of the best but after.... well let's just say she's the pride of High Reaches." At this she smiled genuinely, because it was true. Invidiath was the best dragon to ever wear a green hide.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:11 am
Martirae's brows raised slightly, looking between the pair as the silent exchange took place - she certainly had enough of those with Anakumath to know that something was happening. They felt more obvious with the new Weyrlings who were still testing their connection and how it worked.

"If you're referring to Zenobiath's brood, I hardly say that's a reflection of a person," because certainly, one of Anakumath's had behaved similarly albeit with less focused intent. That didn't speak anything of the young man who had received the ire, the dragon who had performed the act, nor the young man he had gone on to impress. "And surely my opinion rings a little higher of any of your ex fellows who may continue to stand now?"

Anakumath took a moment to lean out and touch her snout to Miela's head with a soft whuff of support. Where my darling ends and you begin will grow tenuous, dear. Even if you think it is only she who is the pride of your pair, you are as much a part of her as she is you. she reminded, before turning her attention to focus intently upon the grand explanation that Invidiath was giving her - because truly, she was interested.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 am
Miela immediately looked at the ground, her hands wringing painfully behind her back, as Martirae pointed out the exact thread her thoughts had taken that had lead to such a moment. Embarrassment at least was covered a little by her bangs which had lost some of their fluff over the past turn, otherwise she might have been able to hide better.

"Yes, your opinion is much more important than theirs." She admitted this with a voice roughened by emotion and pulled an arm up to cover a cough she hoped would dissipate that. "Those sorts of things follow you though, not the dragon." At this she lifted her head and smiled. "They're all perfect, so it's more a reflection of the candidate's thoughts and actions, as it should be. So those people weren't wrong, not really."

Yet Invidiath had still chosen her.

The green in question sighed and watched her mother's actions with pleasure, maybe mostly because Hers jumped visibly when the golds large snout booped the top of her head and ruffled her hair. Miela clasped her hands once more, but this time right over her stomach and bowed her head to Anakumath. Invidiath snorted just a bit as she could sense the inability the young girl had in forming a response that wouldn't involve the emotions she was trying to hold back.

There is much to work through, for my cousin certainly rattled something, but give it time and she'll be right as rain. Her nose went to press into Miela's leg gently and a hand ran down the length of the green's neck. Her hearts only belonged with the small girl after all and though the beginning of their connection was a little wobbly, it was built on something strong enough to last. Besides, Invidiath wouldn't have her being colored by the actions of another dragon that wasn't her, especially not one related to her.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 am
Martirae had less severe scars on her own body from her own time standing - and both she and Miela had walked away towards a potential future from such interventions. While she didn't consciously think about the young man who had been ripped from candidacy that day, a part of him lingered in the back of her head as something to look into later.

"Your own opinion matters as well - after all, you continued on and rose up despite your circumstances and have her to show for it," and Invidiath would forever be Anakumath's very first child. No first of any future hatching would ever quite hit that mark. Not that Anakumath would love any of her children less for coming later.

I know she is in your perfectly capable claws, my love, Anakumath told her daughter, not bothered even slightly by Miela's quiet and clearly overwhelmed response. While golds came in a full range of personalities and approachability, she was perhaps even more available to dote upon those who came into range that evening when there was still so much to celebrate.

Hattaki

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff