Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] Shiny Lounging (Yunara/Ardoxshoth + Marty/Ana) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:08 pm
If Yunara was surprised by the way that Ardoxshoth eagerly played with her mother, she didn't show it. The little queen was, after all, a hatchling. Once upon a time, Yunara had spent quite a lot of time around young children. Surely the principle was, in its way, similar. Though sometimes Ardoxshoth seemed so very adult in her mind, the girl was cognizant of the fact that the baby's wings had barely dried. Surely she was young enough, however dignified she chose to be at most times.

... Or how greedy, at that. Yunara fought with a smile over the memory of how adamant Ardoxshoth had been to obtain every last ribbon at the Feast. As she watched, the baby nuzzled against her mother's much larger head.

Mama, next time you gotta hide more, the small queen said, staring up eagerly at her parent, ready to run at the slightest indication that Anakumath had started 'hiding.' You were easy to find. Never mind that it hadn't been Anakumath's turn to hide, but Ardoxshoth's.

Watching the ongoing game with a gentle smile, Yunara nevertheless was paying attention to her conversation with Martirae. "I think Damahath might be a bit more like that. Ardoxshoth seems to have been hatched without a single worry. Even after the drama on the Sands she hasn't been upset... except in that it took attention away from her. Not like with..." Well, with Cadereth, whom Yunara had never gotten along with. "Thank you. I think that we'll have a lot to learn."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 pm
Yet another soft hum escaped Anakumath as her daughter pressed against her head, soaking up her soft warmth even in the chill of a mountain evening. Okay, I'll hide better this time, love - so count for me. Briefly she waited for Ardoxshoth to start counting as she had previously as she peered about the bowl to find a spot that would at least half-hide her mass.

There weren't many, of course, but she really wasn't going to put in a whole hearted effort to be unfindable. In fact, one that was obvious would probably suit the game better.

"So she takes after her father, then," Marty surmised. She'd not been at High Reaches when the brown had hatched, but there had been many a story passed on to her once Anakumath and Elzebuth had begun spending larger amounts of time together. She'd kept an eye on the brown for his intentions for it. "She'll certainly get a lot of attention tonight - I'd not be surprised if you're courted by some people looking to get a headstart on catching the eye of a junior weyrwoman," a warning, but not a protective one. Martirae trusted Yunara was able to handle it if it came to pass.

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:39 pm
As excited as the baby was, she was clearly tiring a little. Fifteen... fourteen... thirteen... twelve... eleven... ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one. With her eyes screwed shut, the baby waited, yawning hugely. Although her Mama had counted up, Ardoxshoth counted down.

The longer her eyes were closed, the more likely it was that she would fall sleep, a fact which Yunara was quite aware.

"Baby, are you sleeping?" the girl asked her dragonet, glancing over. Not... sleeping... came the drowsy reply, to Yunara's amusement. As she watched, the infant queen curled up, tucking her tail beneath her head. "I think you're sleeping," Yunara answered, aware of Martirae's presence, yet needing to care for her dragonet.

Not... tired.

With an apologetic smile, Yunara patted the baby. "She must take after him, or perhaps her grandmother. Maybe both." Part of what Martirae had said worried her, a little. "Do you think they'd be so blatant, with Ardoxshoth being so small?" she asked, wondering if the other queenrider had experienced something similar to what she described.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 pm
Being a baby was tiring and even Marty couldn't stifle a smile at the sight of the young gold curled up. I don't think she's going to come looking for you, love, she informed Anakumath. As expected, she was all to ready to return from her 'hiding' to settle near her daughter. I found you.

That smile of amusement over the antics of a worn out hatchling broke at Yunara's question, replaced with a small sigh - "They may think they're not being blatant with it. I don't think it requires paranoia, just mindfulness that those types are there."

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 pm
With a purely internal sigh, Yunara stared down at the dozing baby. She had curled herself up and was now leaning fully against her mother. It was heartening to know that Ardoxshoth could and would develop deep ties with others, as self-centered a creature as she could sometimes seem. There had been moments where she'd shown generous tendencies, which gave the girl some hope for their future together.

"I think she's actually asleep," Yunara commented, a fond smile spreading across her lips. "Mm. Did you have trouble with that?" she asked, wondering if Martirae spoke from experience or general knowledge. "I've never had a reason to think about the Weyr hierarchy before." Or about the fact that someone might seek her out just because she was a queenrider.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:03 pm
The soft hum of Anakumath as she peered down at the dozing hatchling curled up against her stirred Martirae's heart in a way it hadn't been in a long time. It made her miss her mother.

"It was certainly a big day to be a little baby," she said. "Early on, yes. But I was admittedly....feeling very protective at that time," and even still Marty felt a certain amount of protectiveness over her lifemate. "I imagine if Ardoxshoth is as much like her father and grandmother as we were entertaining, she'll not be an easy mark - nor let you be."

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 pm
As darling as the image of mother and daughter was, it could not distract Yunara away from Martirae's words. She pressed her lips together in faint disapproval, though not of Marty herself. "I won't be an easy target, anyway," she said, longing to stroke the soft golden hide that was now out of her reach. Ardxoshoth was slumbering at the moment, and she didn't want to wake her up, nor go to her side when the infant was clearly enjoying her mother's presence at the moment.

"She's very forthright in her feelings. If she doesn't like the way she's being treated, she'll certainly let them know." But when it came to how they might treat Yunara, well... on that subject Yunara at least had some insight. "No sooner did I Impress to her than she informed me under no uncertain terms that K'rou and Cadereth were not welcome anywhere near us. If she's that opposed to someone who is only from my memories, I doubt that she'll be welcoming to anyone who might approach us with ill intentions."

However common it might be to chase queenriders and their dragons, Yunara was certain that Ardoxshoth would only allow such things on her own terms. "Though... she does like attention. I just don't think anyone had a firm chance of getting past her defenses." Or Yunara's, for that matter. If anything, she herself was rather worried about their futures. Once Ardoxshoth was not quite so little and her preference for 'Sparkly' company was well known... well, they would see.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:07 am
Yunara's words made Marty crack a more knowing smile. "Oh, K'rou..." if Martirae had further opinions on the man and his dragon - one whom Anakumath still held rather fondly even amongst all of his glowing... personality traits as far as she'd observed - but she didn't offer them up. Yunara had a closer and very different relationship with the pair than she'd had, after all. "All the better for you both, then, that you both know so clearly where you draw the line in the sand."

Then, she laughed. "That's good, she'll get plenty of attention!" after all, she was one of High Reaches newest darlings and when lessons began the next, there would be much attention to have.

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items