Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP] Shiny Lounging (Yunara/Ardoxshoth + Marty/Ana) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 am
Several of the young ones had come, greeted, lingered even, and gone and with each of them, that ever radiating love that threatened to burn out all of Martirae's other feelings shone through the bond between woman and dragon. She could have had a clutch that was entirely whites and while there would have been a lot of gossip about it, Anakumath would have still been absolutely incandescent with pride and adoration.

Hello my sweet, Anakumath greeted to one of her golden daughters fondly, Come, let me get a better look at you now that yours has oiled you to shine so. Of course, the infant queen would have shone and sparkled on her own merit, but it was an excuse to draw her closer for the first time since she'd left the sands and to take a look upon Yunara as well.

Martirae, for her part, was doing her best to stay a little closer to the warmth as even after two turns in High Reaches winters she'd not come any closer to 'getting used to it' like she'd been told she eventually would. Even if it was worth struggling through the chill for the dragon who lounged proudly in wait for each and every one of her little darlings to come past to be appropriately celebrated and adored.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:22 pm
Ardoxshoth had no compunction at all against prancing out to where her mother could see her. Mama was, after all, one of the many Sparklies in her soon to be vast collection. She was very proud of just how her hide glittered and sparkled now that it was properly oiled. Hers had done such a fine job of oiling it, too!

Mama, aren't I glorious? turning this way and that, the little queen positively paraded before her queen mother. Yes, yes, she was perfect, wasn't she? Didn't everyone know it? Certainly if they didn't know it, they were utter fools. Fools!

"Baby, didn't you say earlier how you wanted everyone to like you? Why don't you compliment Mother, too?" the newly minted queenrider asked, a gentle wash of affection passing between dragon and rider. After a long pause, the little queen added to her remarks. You are also glorious.

A fine concession, but... here they were. It was progress, at least. If Yunara hung back a little, it was only to allow the dragonet to be doted upon by her mother. And, perhaps, because she didn't want to intrude.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am
Anakumath hummed, taking her time to admire Yunara's handiwork appreciatively as the petite gold showed it off for her. Yes, my love, you are absolutely dazzling, she fawned, leaning down to offer a small nuzzle to Ardoxshoth.

Of course, she absolutely glowed at her daughter's kind words. Thank you, love. But all of our visitors are here to see you, not solely, of course, but she'd not rob her child of the compliment.

Martirae took the opportunity to step up next to Yunara when she hung back. "Congratulations - I'm sure I'm not the only one you'll hear it from, of course, but she's beautiful."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:34 pm
Excited by the treatment she was receiving from her mama, Ardoxshoth pranced around beneath that nuzzle. Mama, are they here to see me? she asked, in an innocent tone that likely would never be heard from the queen when she reached adulthood. Standing up on her hand legs, she pressed her little paws against her Mama's face so that she could peer up at her properly.

The baby was very pleased to be made much of, although it was clear that she expected it. It was, after all, her due. This was her Hatching. Her clutch. Her crowd. Why shouldn't all of the spectators be here to see her? Maybe they were here to see her siblings too, but she knew how important she was.

Almost started when Martirae approached, Yunara curtseyed, feeling a little flustered by the attention. Up until mere hours ago she'd been a nobody. It was hard not to feel like she still was. Many of the Candidates and spectators had probably seen her before, but it was doubtful that they'd recognize her. She'd only been a Candidate for a few sevendays, and kitchenworkers seemed to be a bit invisible. "Thank you," she said softly. "I think I should be congratulating you, though," the girl remarked, aware that it had been Anakumath's first Hatching. "She is beautiful." How could she not agree?

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:20 pm
Such delighted attentions simply made Anakumath's hearts sing. Of course they are, she confirmed. Of course, their guests had also come to see each of her children hatch and impress. But there was a keen awareness that Ardoxshoth and Damahath would be looked upon as particularly special by some. To Anakumath, they were all special and to be coveted.

Had Martirae had the chance, she would have turned down such formalities such as the curtsy - but it had come before she could and Marty would not make things more awkward. As it was, it felt unnecessary even without she and Yunara holding (nearly) the same status - give or take the training that had yet to come. "There are many things to celebrate, but you only impress once - so that should be congratulated while it is fresh and new and just as wonderful as it will always be," because truly, every time Marty looked upon her lifemate it felt as raw and wonderful as it ever did.

And of course, it was a proper new beginning for Yunara - who Marty had a tangiential awareness of solely because of whom had been a Weyrling with her.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:54 pm
If she'd realized that her gesture had made Martirae uncomfortable, Yunara would have been deeply embarrassed. She was still used to being on the other side of the queenrider equation, after all, and her new status hadn't totally sunk in. Or at least, a full awareness of it had not. That she was now close to the goldrider's status had escaped her notice.

It had not, however, escaped Ardoxshoth's. The little queen was fully aware that her bondmate was only lower in rank than two, maybe three people at the Weyr. None, if one were to ask Ardoxshoth, but asking a baby and expecting a sensible answer was an exercise in futility. "It's true. But at the same time, Anakumath will only be a first time mother once." Somehow it was easier to accept compliments now than it had been in the past, but it wasn't a snap, nonetheless.

"But thank you, anyway. It's more than I could have ever imagined."

Unconcerned by her rider's conversation, Ardoxshoth had continued on playing with her most recent acquisition. Mama was a Sparkly, after all, and the little queen had a particular penchant for them. Mama, play with me, the baby demanded, and then ran away a ways, glancing back to see if she was being followed.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:58 am
It was a fair point and Martirae did accept it graciously: "That is also a fair point. It's an auspicious day for both of us." Because the success of a clutch was not solely dependant upon the parents or the number of eggs, but that each baby dragon was able to find theirs as well.

Anakumath's eyes whirled as she watched her daughter slowly romp ahead, rising slowly to step after her - she was much bigger than the hatchling and it would be easy enough to overtake her if she didn't pointedly pace herself from doing so. Very well, darling. What would you like to play?

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:02 pm
I'm gonna hide! And then you can come find me. Okay, Mama? the little queen said, though there was a hint of demand in her tone. It was just shy of an order, and held every expectation that Mama wouldn't mind playing the way the baby wanted. Ardoxshoth, who had not yet learned her own limits, ran along ahead as fast as her little legs could carry her.

Yunara could only watch in bemusement as her infant queen darted ahead of Anakumath, and just shook her head. Well... so long as the baby was okay, and not causing trouble. "It is. I don't think it's sunken in yet. It still doesn't feel real, although... there's no doubt that it is." Real, that was. The evidence was currently careening through the Weyr Bowl.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 pm
No demand was necessary, Anakumath more than pleased to acquiesce to Ardoxshoth's game. Okay. I'll count to 15 and then come looking. 1.......2......

"The first few mornings were the most surreal - waking up to her after dreams that were just a bit too much of what life was before." Martirae felt that it was a fairly common reaction.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:52 pm
There was a small golden tail sticking out of a tucked away corner of the Weyr Bowl, but the baby hadn't noticed. She was hidden as well as she knew how, especially in such a big open place. Mental voice gone quiet because she was hiding really well, Ardoxshoth waited for her Mama to come looking. It wasn't time yet, but soon! Very, very soon.

Intentionally looking away from her dragonet's hiding spot, though conscious of her baby, Yunara smiled. It was a relief to have found her place at last, though it still felt a little too new. "Well, I guess if it takes a few months to get used to this that won't be so bad. What was training like?" she asked, for at least Maritrae had been through the same thing before, more or less.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 am
14......15! Okay, darling - ready or not, here I come! Anakumath made no quick steps as she stepped further into the Weyr Bowl to begin her searching. If she did notice that little golden tail poking out, she didn't point it out immediately. Instead, she made a show of looking in every obvious spot she could. Nope, not here! Goodness, you are very good at hiding, my love! Whether she actually was or not was beside the point.

Martirae didn't have to think too hard to answer Yunara's question: "Early on, it was a lot of introductions. You'll meet your fellow weyrwomen, D'mon, Zheria, Olliah, Wingleaders, Wingseconds, Flightleaders and then some. Lots of history and records and how to read them. If you ever have any problems there, Olliah knows the records room in a way she can practically make it speak to her." Because how quickly had the Weyrwoman Second simply found her records to compare to ones she'd been unable to properly read the writing of?

"Fortunately, you'll find a lot of time to be with your fellow Weyrlings - and I found because I had Nyara and Mictecath with me that the lessons of a junior weyrwoman were a little less isolating." Not that she'd felt othered by her status as a goldrider of High Reaches, just that it had been nice to talk them over with someone who was going through it with her. "I suspect you and Ara will feel the same."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm
When her Mama didn't immediately come and find her, the little queen ventured out of her hiding spot, trailing along behind her. It wasn't clear whether the baby had forgotten the objective of the game, or whether she had just been too excited that Anakumath was playing with her, but in either case she was practically at her mother's elbow when she spoke. Mama... I found you! she declared, prancing around in a delighted manner. Which was probably just as well, as a lot of movement would tire her out and make her easier to manage.

"... She bespoke Eveleth at the Feast," Yunara said with a faint, near inaudible sigh. "I guess it's a good thing that I'll be meeting her rider properly." Never mind that the idea of meeting the Weyrwoman was quite an intimidating thought. Ardoxshoth would not have allowed her to avoid the acquaintance, even if it hadn't been part of her lessons. "I should probably get used to it. She's not afraid of anyone or anything." The little queen was very bold indeed, quite contrary to her rider's own temperament and taste. But Yunara did love her with all of her heart.

Mm. Martirae was right about that, though. "It's actually a relief that there were two queens. It's nice not to have everything focused on... well, her." Sharing it with Ara would probably be easier. And... well, they could compare notes along the way. Martirae herself had only been a goldrider for a little over two Turns now, from what Yunara recalled. Yes, it must have been about that long, since she herself had arrived at Anakumath's Hatching. "It's a bit surreal to have watched Anakumath Impress and now to have Impressed her own daughter."

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:05 pm
While Anakumath had been making a show of not finding her daughter, if only to reward her for her brilliant attempt at hiding, she didn't remind Ardoxshoth that she was supposed to be hiding when what patience a child had wore thin. You did find me, baby! Good job! she praised, again leaning down to boop her daughter as she pranced about.

"Oh. Well, that's certainly a way to leave an impression," Marty couldn't picture Eveleth being too put off being greeted by a (great) grandchild who was so newly hatched and impressed, if she was at all. Certainly, she had a family tree with sprawling branches by now. "Anakumath would have never dared until introductions were made."

"To be fair, I also find it surreal to have watched Anakumath impress and now watch her children impress to people who were standing when it happened," and to see some who still remained after. "But on the other side of it all now, it is incredibly rewarding to see all of the new riders."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:21 pm
In spite of the fact that Ardoxshoth was cutely playing with Anakumath, Yunara nevertheless felt a jolt of anxiety when Maritirae mentioned that Anakumath would have waited for introductions to bespeak the Weyrwoman's queen. This instantly distracted Ardoxshoth from her play, and she raised her head, eyes whirling with blue-purple tinged red. Grandmother wanted to see me. I simply said hello first, she objected, not at all liking the implication, however unintentional, that she had behaved inappropriately. It was her right as a queen, and as Eveleth's descendant, to greet the Senior Weyrwoman's gold.

Even her temporary annoyance did not stop the little queen from responding with a squeal when she was booped by her mother, however. The two things were happening almost concurrently, and Yunara breathed a sigh of relief. At least she wouldn't have to explain her response to her dragonet; the baby was already back to playing. I found you first, she smugly told her parent. Yes, she had. Never mind that she had been the one who was supposed to do the hiding - by now such distinctions had been forgotten.

"... I guess she's not afraid of much," Yunara confessed, containing the sigh that wanted to be released. Knowing that her predecessor's queen wouldn't have dared... well. She supposed it didn't matter. Ardoxshoth had dared, and had in fact gone a bit further than that, though Yunara thought it impolitic to mention it just now. "It's true. It's an amazing experience." Being one of those riders, never mind that she'd been previously watching from the Stands, was awe inspiring.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 am
The trill of delight that Anakumath made in response to her daughter's squeal was a new sound to Martirae, who actually looked towards her lifemate with raised brows for only a moment before Yunara had her entire attention again. Her maternal instincts were both unsurprising and incredibly so at the same time to the young woman as each step unraveled a new little piece of her lifemate.

Very first! Anakumath confirmed, Would you like me to hide so you can find me again? Not that there were many places in the bowl that even a small gold could hide efficiently, but she was more than happy to continue the game.

"Anakumath was a very anxious hatchling and I'd say her hatching had enough drama to it to leave an impression upon her for those first few months," Martirae still burned if she thought too much about that dragon who had piled offense on top of insult. "I look forward to seeing you both grow together, Yunara. As much as Ardoxshoth will have her mother, I'll be happy to offer you my support as well."

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces