User Image

She was smitten and she knew it. Nala now fully understood all her friends who'd impressed before her. The new weyrling had stuffed her dragon full, then giving her her first bath and oiling and tucked her into bed. A quick albeit late dinner, and she was back by her dragon's side in the weyrling barracks. A place she'd wondered if she'd ever get to live in. And now she was here. Nala had had to get up in the middle of the night to give Feidemeth a little top off feeding before the two snuggled down again.

In the morning she'd helped the green that was nearly as long as she was tall walk to the feeding tables where Nala prepped her second full meal. She had seen the green to a sunny spot just outside the barracks for another nap. Not wanting spend any time away from the sleeping green, but wanting to do something useful Nalacko ran to get a few supplies and a chair.

She sat in the sun, patiently working on her braiding her new shoulder knots. She wanted them to be just perfect. From time to time the teen would glance over at her sleeping dragon and the two green firelizards curled up on her. The sight always brought a smile to her face that she wanted to treasure forever.

After she'd been working awhile, she felt the weight of a young dragon's head rest upon her knee and she could feel Feidemeth in her mind. The dragon huffed at the bits in her hands. What are you doing Mine? Nalacko smiled. "I am making my new shoulder knots." She pulled off her current ones and held them in front of her snout for inspection.

Feidemeth inhaled the scent and peered at them curiously. Aren't you making the same thing? "Yes and no," came the reply. "The one I'm making has High Reaches colors just like the old one, but it also has green because you are my dragon." Nala pointed out the different colors to her dragon. "And the knots here will be different too. The old one has knots for a candidate. This one will have knots for a weyrling."

She smiled and rubbed her fingers over the top of Feidemeth's head. The green hummed and closed her eyes, I like that. "I want these to be perfect, so I'm taking my time with them." Plus it let her sit here in the sun with her dragon. Nothing could be better than that. Well perfect will have to wait a little bit please. I itch. The teen laughed and promptly set aside her work. "Can't have that. Let's go fix it."