Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Feast PRP] Break Time (V'ek/Nimiseth & Yunara/Ardoxshoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:12 pm
V'ek had been desperately trying to deny his dragon all of the human food on offer, but every time he turned away, Nimiseth was clambering onto chairs or begging other guests or rooting around on the floor for anything he could wrap his mouth around. All of the items he sampled were edible, thank Faranth, but after their understandably busy day, V'ek's usual composure was starting to fray.

"Here. This looks like a good spot to rest." He deposited his chunky blue on the ground as far from temptation as possible and after a moment V'ek joined him, taking a seat in his fancy pants.

His prediction on the sands had been correct. Nimiseth was already impossible to carry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:15 pm
User Image To say that Yunara had not been prepared for her abrupt change in station would have been an understatement. However, Ardoxshoth was prepared enough for the both of them, and not at all concerned about her rider's sense of ill ease at stepping out of her 'place'. For what place could there be for her rider than at her side?

But Yunara was having a little difficulty convincing Ardoxshoth that she didn't need every single choice bit of meat or any of the center pieces on the table. "Ardoxshoth, you'll get your feet dirty if you try to climb on the table," she told the little queen, who weighed out dirty feet against the need to collect everything in sight. "Why don't we go see what everyone else is doing?"

For a moment, it seemed that the dragonet had decided to climb on the table anyway, but then she took notice of Nimiseth a ways away. Padding along ahead of her rider, the queen peered down at Nimiseth. What is Yours doing, brother? Should Hers be doing it too? Sitting on the ground, and wearing very fancy pants indeed? Already Yunara could sense that she was going to have to convince the baby not to demand that very article of clothing. Somehow.

"Hello... was it Vannek?" Yunara asked shyly, uncomfortably aware that her dress was a little too nice for her. Maybe a lot too nice for her. Normally she'd be on the sidelines helping to serve food to newly Impressed riders. It was... different, to say the least.

Smerdle

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm
Whenever he had found his hands idle this afternoon they'd ended up on his dragon, and right now was no exception. Soon after he sat, V'ek was rubbing at the blue's eye ridges, and he grinned as Nimiseth flopped onto his side and wiggled his head against his rider's fingers. When he heard Yunara's voice, V'ek let out a small hum of surprise before quickly pushing himself back to his feet.

"Hello, Yunara." In addition to petting his hatchling and watching him nap, the young man had been working to remember all of the names of the new weyrlings, especially their goldriders. "Yes, Vannek, though I suppose I'm V'ek now." Nimiseth had chosen it, and it was as good a name as any. "Congratulations. Your lovely Ardoxshoth's egg was the first I ever touched and she and her sister left a wonderful impression." He almost went on about his own twin and how exciting it must be to have someone else with a gold from the same clutch, but he pushed back against the eager congeniality newly awakened by Nimiseth.

If the dragon was upset by the interruption, there was no sign. He was resting and scratching! Both very good things! How are you, my shiny sister? The blue was now on his back, feet in the air, and he waved one forepaw at the gold in greeting.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:14 pm
Dismayed that Vannek - V'ek - had gotten up from his place on the ground, Yunara wrung her hands in her too fine skirts. Really, it was difficult to be used to this change. Even if her fellow weyrling might've just as easily left his seat for any of their clutch.

"V'ek," she said, trying the name out. It seemed to suit him, though she couldn't say that she knew him well enough yet to make such a pronouncement. Smoothing her hands determinedly, not wanting to show how nervous she felt, she leaned down and let her hand rest on Ardoxshoth's back. "It's a nice name," she told him. "I don't think I got to touch your little boy's egg, come to think of it. But he's very cute." Very pretty, really, with all of those charming shimmering colors.

No doubt this was why Ardoxshoth had decided that she must add him to her collection - not that she didn't think he was already in said collection. Yunara was growing all too used to this. I am glorious, of course. Do you see my ribbons? she asked him, turning her head this way and that. Sure enough, there were multi-colored ribbons wrapped around her headknobs.

They had not started off the night there, but Yunara had given into the inevitable before too long. Ardoxshoth didn't see what all the fuss was about - Hers had beautiful hair, so why shouldn't it be down? And why shouldn't she wear the ribbons?

Smerdle

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:40 pm
"I agree." It was unclear whether he was speaking of his new name or his dragon until he continued. "Nimiseth is quite possibly the most adorable creature I have ever met in my life." V'ek paused and glanced around with just his eyes, as if expecting retaliation from an unknown location. He smirked when nothing happened. "And it seems my firelizards agree. But in all seriousness, they are a splendid clutch. We have our work cut out for us. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hail from before coming to the weyr?"

At the mention of her ribbons, Nimiseth craned his head closer, his eyes whirling with happy blues. They are beautiful, Ardoxshoth! He paused much like his rider had, but instead of pondering flits, he ran through a gaggle of questions that centered around obtaining his own ribbons before concluding that his clutchmate might not like the implication of such words. He didn't want to take hers or anything, he just thought it would be fun to have some of his own.

Where did you get them?

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:43 pm
Delighted as Yunara was by the adorable blue, she didn't question whether V'ek meant his own name or his cute dragon. It didn't seem to matter, just now. "I feel the same way about her," Yunara said, casting a fond glance at the little queen, who was currently posing for her brother. "I agree. I think they're all likely to be a handful." Certainly Ardoxshoth was, and the young woman wouldn't be at all surprised if Nimiseth ended up being similarly difficult, though perhaps for very different reasons.

It seemed like it had been an age since someone had asked her where she was from, however. A faintly sad smile tugged at the edge of her lips, though she tried to conceal it. "I grew up in Telgar Hold. What about you? Are you a weyrbrat, or were you holdbred too?" There was something very familiar about, well, V'ek's accent. Something that she should have recognized but didn't. Maybe she was imagining things.

When Nimiseth strove to get a closer look, Ardoxshoth turned her head just so. Mine gave me the ribbons she was wearing, she told the blue proudly. But she said that we're supposed to give everyone some too. She has a box! This Ardoxshoth was inordinately proud of, though she had no idea about the provenance of the box. Where it had come from and what else besides ribbons might be in it, she did not know. What she did know was that she now had many, many ribbons. Do you want a ribbon? she asked suddenly, possessed by the thought that even if Nimiseth had one of her ribbons it wouldn't matter too much because as a clutchmate he was hers too.

She'd just be admiring her ribbon (or two) while it was on Nimiseth, clearly. There was an entire box of ribbons, and even though the queen's greedy nature balked at releasing a single one, she also liked the idea of marking her siblings as her own. A thought which, had she known of it, Yunara certainly would have discouraged. It would probably take time to convince the gold that nobody belonged to her, if such a thing were possible at all.

Smerdle

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:19 am
V'ek paused, coming to a similar conclusion as Yunara at the mention of Telgar Hold.

"Oh! I'm from Telgar as well! I'm a smith and grew up there besides. I'm surprised we never crossed paths. Or maybe we did and, well... I was rather self-absorbed." He still was. "If we met years ago, I might not have given it the attention it deserved and I apologize." He bowed his head slightly, the same joy twinkling in his eyes that had been since he had gotten to his feet. V'ek meant what he said, of course, but the past seemed very far away right now.

Nimiseth rolled from his back onto his side, even more invested in the conversation now, as impossible as that seemed. Ardoxshoth offering a ribbon was way better than him asking, though he would have soon enough even if she hadn't offered. I do! I would love one of your ribbons! He knew without prompting that even though he would be wearing it, the ribbon would still be hers.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Horrified that she'd somehow made V'ek self-conscious of his prior behavior, Yunara waved her hands to try to dispel any such worries. "Oh! No, I'm sure we just never met," she said, embarrassed to have made him feel that he might have ignored her. "And... a lot of the patrons at our tea shop probably didn't remember my face," she added. Oh dear. That was not at all what she'd been hoping to come out of the discovery of their mutual Hold of origin.

Oh. Except he did not entirely look all that serious about it. Blushing, Yunara glanced away. Of course she'd taken him literally, when he had probably been joking. "Well. I suppose we can always make up for it now?" she said, wringing her hands and trying to recover from her little outburst of shame.

Nimiseth seemed so intelligent, Ardoxshoth thought, and gave Hers a mental nudge. The distracted young woman reached into a pouch and retrieved a ribbon of the queen's specifications. Yes, that would do nicely! You may have this one, she said magnanimously, ever the generous soul. ... If she could ever be said to be that, at any rate.

Smerdle

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out