Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Feast PRP] Social Time (R'nori, Inannath, Kinye, Metisoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm
R’nori and Inannath were watching the dancers in a brief lull between talking to people. Can you do that? It looks like fun. Inannath went digging in R’nori’s head, not waiting for him to answer. R’nori laughed. Yes, I can dance. It is indeed great fun. He watched as a particularly well executed spin was done. Would you like to join in? Inannath was not sure if she could join in but if he wanted to go… No, I would much rather spend my time with you. R’nori reassured her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:30 pm
Kinye had spent some time that evening, passed between family members and friend's alike, having just spun out of a pair of arms from a dance of her own. She was absolutely beaming, perhaps the glow of a new impression, as she rushed to rejoin the green who had been patiently waiting on her.

"I'm still not convinced it's as fun if you just join along in my head, Metisoth," Kinyegele said, having previously tried to convince her new lifemate to come dance with her, even if that was simply a silly thing and a tough impractical to expect from her. But, Kinye had wanted at least one dance and Metisoth saw no reason to be why she held back from that desire.

And of course, now that she wasn't dancing a familiar (at least from when she'd been feeding her dragon) face who was watching the dancing was spotted - "R'nori! Were you thinking about dancing?" Kinye asked as she crossed over to him, Metisoth close on her heels.

She just finished dancing, so she won't pout if he says no, Metisoth informed her sister. Have you two been getting appropriately fawned over?

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:38 pm
R'nori grinned at the flushed girl approaching him. He remembered her from the feeding tables and was glad that her spirits hadn’t ebbed yet. “Kinye! No, we were just enjoying people watching. I am not ready to separate from Inannath just yet.” He admitted. The impression was still so fresh for him. It was something that he had been waiting for his entire life. It was an amazing thing and mind boggling all at the same time every time he thought about it. Which was often. Who would have thought…

I did. Inannath interrupted the thought smugly before responding to Metisoth. I was just telling mine that the dancing looked fun. Yours certainly looks like she enjoyed it. Inannath gave Metisoth a small nuzzle once she was close enough. We are getting our due. But we could always do with a little more fawning. This is a big day for us, after all. Inannath gave a mental wink. What about you? Has anyone fallen at your feet in adoration yet?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:38 pm
"Oh," Kinye's frown dimmed only slightly for a moment before returning just as bright as it had been before. "You could dance with her! I tried to get Metisoth to do it, but she didn't think it would work out too well..." she trailed off, looking towards the green sisters.

She did, Metisoth confirmed matter-of-factly. I would have joined her if it would have made more sense to do so - tripping up strangers in my wings or tail just simply would not have done. Even if Kinye was sure they'd have been forgiven for any chaos accidentally wrought through the other dancers. She returned the nuzzle fondly. My sweet one did, of course, but while she has been so good as to make introductions for me to many people and dragons alike, none have....fallen to my feet in adoration.

Briefly, she looked to Kinye in silent inquiry - were they supposed to?

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:11 am
R’nori laughed. “I agree with her. Which is why we are here instead of out on the dance floor.” He gestured to a set of chairs. “Would you like a seat after all that dancing?” Surely she was a little tired now. This would be a good time to get to know another one of the Weyrlings he would be spending the next year with.

Mine said the same thing. Inannath all but pouted. No one has for me either. But wouldn’t it be wonderful if they did? Inannath gave a wistful sigh. Can you just imagine? Inannath certainly was imagining adoring crowds and heaps of praise. It was a baby’s fantasy and had no bearing on reality. Still, she could dream.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:27 am
Without hesitation, Kinye plopped herself down into one of the gestured seats, careful to keep from tangling her feet or the legs of the chair in her skirt that was far longer than she was used to celebrating in. "Well that's a shame. It would have been far more fun to dance with Metisoth," not that she particularly disliked any of her random partners. It was simply the disappointment of having a fun idea shot down. "Are you keeping warm enough in here? I know High Reaches is colder than Western - and we're in the near dead of winter to boot!"

Kinye had at least let Metisoth know that she had never seen anybody drop to the feet of dragonets in adoration outside of impressions and she tucked this knew information away into the appropriate corner of her mind. I don't know if I would much appreciate it in the way you would - so I will send on any who think to do so for me to you. Metisoth was imagining tripping hazards and potential disaster, rather than adoring crowds and praise. After all, she'd already been introduced to and adored by every person that, as far as she was concerned, mattered.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:26 pm
R’nori eased himself into a chair next to Kinye. “I am managing.” He replied. “I am hoping though, now that I am staying, to get some better winter gear. Some fur-lined things would be nice.” The cold seemed to seep through his winter clothing from Western. It admittedly did not snow in Western. “There will be a lot of things to get used to. From the altitude,” which was causing him some trouble breathing, “to the different politics.” He wasn’t sure what he thought of the politics. That would take some thinking on.

But you would deserve it just as much as I would. Inannath wouldn’t say no to receiving Metisoth’s share but she also wouldn’t begrudge her sister her due. Does your’s have lots of furs? Laying on fur sounded heavenly and Inannath was slightly disappointed that hers did not have any at the moment. She would make sure he fixed that soon. Or some nice soft fabrics to lay on?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:11 pm
Kinye crinkled her nose slightly. "I don't know enough about Western's politics to have any help with that - I just know that I'm okay not having the option to lead a Wing and the like," but there were obviously those who would be less thrilled about it all. Kinye was simply thrilled by the future of being able to take up a harder mantle in protecting her loved ones. "I bet if you ask, they'll give you another fur for your bed - and they do keep fires and klah on hand to help warm up! But I'm sure they'll be making sure you and R'him," were there others? "have proper gear tomorrow so you don't catch cold!"

Metisoth had taken some stock of Kinyegele's bedding when they'd been briefly settled in the barracks, so while she was certain it was adequate, she'd not actually considered excess - and asked Kinye quietly about it. Mine says if she needs more she can get them - she has a large family of riders here and they would never let her go without. which was fortunate, but Kinye had never shivered any night away. I can certainly have her ask if yours needs more.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:19 pm
“Western works but so does High Reaches. I can’t imagine that being a wingleader is great fun. I certainly wouldn’t enjoy it.” He had toyed briefly with the idea of impressing a bonze but Inannath was perfect and he really didn’t think he would make a good responsible bronzerider. R’nori was well aware of his tendencies. “I am sure that I will manage.” How could he not with Inannath at his side? R’nori felt like he could take on the world. A little cold was nothing. “Probably the hardest part will be convincing Inannath to not steal the best furs for herself.” He joked.

Inannath was about to tell Metisoth that R’nori definitely needed the extra furs when R’nori stopped her. We shouldn’t take from others. It isn’t proper. The Weyr will provide what he need. Inannath pouted, sure that whatever Metisoth’s family had would be better quality than what the Weyr provided. And they deserved the best quality. We will keep that in mind. For now, Mine wants to see what the Weyr has to give. Inannath grudgingly told Metisoth.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:04 pm
R'nori's joke earned an appropriate laugh. "Maybe you'll need an extra just for her - I can't imagine she'll fit in the bed with you very long if she's even interested in doing so!" Though she'd have been surprised if most of the Weyrlings didn't spend their first night impressed to their lifemates curled up under the bedding with them.

Metisoth reached out and gently booped her sister with her nose, perhaps hearing that pout. Then I'll pass it on so that he doesn't find himself shivering in the dead of the night - what he doesn't know, hmm? not that Kinye couldn't simply hear her dragon as she was already reaching out to a family member's dragon - most likely her older sister, who was a Weyrling assistant.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out