Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Indulgence is Desired (R'nori/Inannath/R'him/Hybreoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:27 pm
The Feast had been going on for a while and R’nori and Inannath were in full celebration mode. He had enjoyed some excellent food and lovely drink, of the non-alcoholic kind, and was ready for more socializing. Inannath was pouting a little as R’nori hadn’t shared every single type of food with her. Really, it wouldn’t have done me any harm. She insisted. Just a bite or two would have been fine. R’nori was having none of it. He would not risk Inannath getting sick, or worse so uncomfortable that she got distressed, just because she wanted to try everything. If you want some more meat there is plenty for you. We can go get some.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:19 pm
The Feast had been a bit of blur. Congratulations had come in, primarily from people he didn't know, but he was more than happy to receive them. The food had been heartily delicious, though he had spent most of it gazing down at the most wonderful dragon to break shell. Hybreoth, of course, had enjoy the crowd, though he did not stray far from His. Instead, the bronze watched the revelers with a keen eye, making note of those who had fine breeding, and those who did not. Who among them would be worth his regard, and which of them would not?

But there was a time and place for everything under the sun, and that was no different for R'him and Hybreoth. While he had no interest in dancing--he could hardly tear his eyes off his best beast--he supposed it would do well to congratulate others within the weyrling class. Hybreoth, at minimum, did wish to make another round among the people after all... and R'him wasn't about to deny him.

"Not a fish to be found," he mused as he aproached his fellow Westerner. "Something I won't miss at all. Ready to make the mountains our new home?" He asked R'nori, even as Hybreoth turned to regard his sister. His eyes whirled a pleasant blue-green. He was not in a foul mood, and had no objections to his clutchmates company. What an honor it would be, after all, to be seen in his resplendent company. Inannath. I trust you're enjoying yourself? He questioned, not completely disinterested in the response.
faesinger

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:08 pm
“I think I saw a fish dish over on the end there.” R’nori gestured vaguely towards the end of the food area. “I didn’t look too long for fear I would have to eat it.” He joked. “I doubt I could be completely ready for the mountains but with Inannath I can tackle anything.” With a sigh R’nori mentioned, “everyone keeps asking me how I am dealing with the cold. I am tempted to start putting my cold hands on their face as an answer.”

Inannath gazed at her brother with green eyes, considering her response and if she would mention her current woes. Finally she decided on, better now that you are here. The affection was evident in her voice. She curled her tail around herself. You and your’s must be causing quite the stir with your magnificent selves. There was no jealousy that they might be getting more attention from people than Inannath and R’nori. It was just the way it was. Have you met anyone interesting?

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 pm
R'him gave a small grimace at mention of the fish--if he didn't have to pick up a net or a pole again it would be too soon. While he didn't mind fishing, it certainly wasn't something he'd been naturally talented in doing. "At least seafood's more a rarity. I've been enjoying the heartier winter meals here, even if most of them are unfamiliar." The food was almost too rich for him, after so much time eating so much seafood--but he was quite certain he'd grow used to the the fare. High Reaches cuisine was quite different, after all.

When R'nori mentioned his cold hands, R'him could only give a snort and a smirk. "I knew it would be cold, but I didn't expect just how frigid." Certainly, both Western and High Reaches made sure no Candidates would freeze, but R'him regretted not having more fur-lined clothing. While he wasn't a man who enjoyed being cooped up and restricted by layers, after a few days at the Weyr leading up to the Hatching, he'd had a grudging change of heart. "Truth be told, I haven't even thought about the cold since meeting him." He looked down at Hybreoth, his smile already forming at the sight. Perhaps he was too besotted, or perhaps it was simply the crowds. Whatever the reason, he was still on cloud nine and the cold was one of the last things on his mind. "Maybe we'll all get set up with some fur-lined gear soon, now that we're permanent residents." Permanent enough, at least.

As it should be. He replied, taking her comment in stride. Hybreoth settled next to his sister, not at all put off by her company. She was his sister, after all, and he had no objections to hear her thoughts. For all that he enjoyed his rank and position at the top of the top (good luck telling him otherwise), he was not entirely a snob. He expected them to be polite, of course, and certainly expected them to understand whose company they were honored with--but otherwise, he was a perfectly charming sort when he chose to be. Eyes whirling a bright blue-green, bronze gave a small snort, though his pleasure was clear. We've had attention well enough, though I would have preferred more. They seem not to realize they are in the presence of greatness, but I suppose they might be forgiven. It was his hatching day, after all, and he felt the need to extend some generosity. For now. His mother and sister's attention had him well appeased.

As for Inannath's second query, the dragon gave a small tail flick. I've met some, though only a small few would be what I'd call interesting. And even that was generous. What of you? I see Yours is a pretty-ish sort of thing--is he all that you hoped out of the egg?

faesinger

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:14 pm
R’nori was in full agreement with R’him about the food. “The winter meals here are great. And you need them with the cold.” R’nori looked at his green dragon who was leaning towards Hybreoth to try and encourage snuggles. “I probably wouldn’t have noticed either, but people keep bringing it up.” He shrugged slightly. “We’ll get used to it I guess. It isn’t like it is any warmer up in the air or between.”

R’nori considered the feast going on around them and smiled. It was nice to see all the people celebrating the new dragons. He remembered when he would be both happy for those that had impressed and sad that he was not one of them. That was no longer and Inannath was more than he could have imagined. “I don’t think I was ready for having another’s emotions and thoughts in my head and yet it feels as if this is the most perfect thing in all of Pern.”

It may take the humans time to figure it out. Inannath mused herself. Some of them are quite…dim. It wasn’t said maliciously. She just thought that she was stating a fact. Of course he is. He is mine, which means he is perfect. She wouldn’t have chosen him otherwise. Inannath thought that he was more than pretty for a human but she wouldn’t correct Hybreoth. He could use some more fancy clothing and items. But that can come in time. She could be generous and wait. At least for a time. Your’s is at least interesting and not so dim. Is he holding up to your expectations? Was the reason that Hybreoth was asking about hers was that he was disappointed?

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff