[PRP] Clear Skies (Kurath & Yulaniath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:37 pm
The crisp sharpness of the early morning hung onto the air, the hesitant autumn before the winter would truly begin. It would be coming soon, the mornings were sharp enough for no frost to linger, but it certainly tried overnight. And after a restless sleep with a rest day on the horizon, Kurath had debated on spending it napping on the firehights. Get the morning sun as it crested above the mountains, it certainly could make for some good nap weather.

Yet his mind was distracted as the large bronze stretched out across his ledge, great wings stretching and flapping. His mind was still on the stunning streak of a green from the flight but a few nights ago, seeing her twist and turn in the canyon with the grace that he of such great build could only ever hope to achieve in his dreams. No, he wasn’t a smaller dragon, wasn’t made for those pin-turns. Yet it preoccupied his thoughts, of how he had hoped to find her in the days since, yet Kurath hadn’t been able to have time to broach conversation.

As he leapt from his ledge, wings beating as he circled lazily around the weyrbowl, it’s the dark green form of one who had caught his mind so easily since then. He lands, though he’s less dedicated to his sunning-and-sleeping plan now, rather watching curiously from his ledge up on high -- before taking a moment to reach out to her. Yulaniath, would it be terribly prudent of me to ask if you are busy today?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:55 pm
Yulaniath, for her part, was up and moving already despite it being a rest day. Shar didn't believe in rest days, not truly, especially if they were in good health and the weather was fair. Sure, they weren't out drilling with their wing, but they'd take to the skies to practice their weaker skills on their own for an hour or so in the mornings. If they wanted to be the best they could be they needed to stay on top of their work, not fall behind, put in the extra effort and strive for the greatness they hoped to achieve.

They had just finished their own little set of drills and Yulan was tearing into breakfast when a voice touched her mind, surprising her greatly. She knew instantly who it was - Kurath had been in her mind just a few days ago as he chased her during her flight - but she did a mental double take to check if it really was him and not her own mind cooking up voices. She swallowed what she had in her mouth and glanced at Shar who had looked up at her, sensing her mild shock. They communicated without words, only feelings, and Shar continued cleaning up their riding gear before leaving Yulan to her own devices.

I'm not, Sharmine and I just finished our drills for the day. Is there something you need, Kurath? Her tone was curious but professional at this point, unsure why the bronze might be reaching out to her of all dragons. She'd be lying if she said she hadn't thought about the male in the past few days, delighted that he'd risen to chase her as any green would be to see a bronze behind them. Yulan had been infatuated with enough dragons in the past to know not to fall head over tail for someone that looked her way, which was why she wasn't jumping up into the air to fly to Kurath immediately. He may just have a favor to ask, after all.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:00 am
Was there something he needed? The short answer was, simply, no -- Kurath almost feels a touch foolish. He’s floundering for a moment, mind scrambling to think of something, and it’s A’gyn’s push that gets him going. Your skilled turns during your flight were of spectacular form. If he used his tongue to speak, he’d have bitten the blasted thing off already. There had been no debate that he’d had to have soared overhead, his bulk was not meant for such twisting turns. I was wondering if.. I might be able to see how you twist your wings. Perhaps I might be able to sharpen my own turning.

’... Kurath. Buddy. We have to work on your flirting, pal.’ A’gyn was almost-- no, yeah, was laughing at him. Delightful. ’Just be honest.’

Should he? The truth couldn’t hurt compared to that paltry watered inquiry, could it?

The bronze sighed to himself, pushing off his ledge as he circled down closer to Yulaniath and her meal -- but giving respectful distance. ...Truthfully, I was quite amazed by your skills in your flight, but I’m merely just hoping to borrow your company, even for just the morning, if that would be alright? Perhaps go for a fly; the weather is wonderful for it. Honesty was best policy, right?; even as he lands quietly. I was hoping to get to know you more. But if there’s no interest, I understand.

Truthfully, he’d been curious about Yulaniath for some time -- ever since Saevath’s first flight, where she’d given him a good swipe across his flank when her cousin had demanded ichor. It had scarred over, though nothing compared to his threadscore. Yet where he was normally able to keep up conversation, it seemed to between straight from his mind when thoughts turned to the lovely green.

SilverLutz
Empty head... no thought

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:13 am
Yulaniath waited patiently for a reply and when one came she couldn't help the amused burst of mirth she sent to Shar, relaying what was happening to her rider. Shar warned her not to fall victim to praise from a bronze again, but Yulan assured her she'd be cautious. Kurath was different from her previous crushes, after all. They'd been in the same circles for a while now - chasing the same green, for starters - and he didn't give off the pompous, self-centered vibes that...ahem. Other bronzes had.

Nor did he seem obsessive or greedy. While Litanuth had been her chosen victor in both of her flights, the blue was...not exactly what she was looking for in terms of a partner. He coveted things too intensely and as good a flyer and brave a fighter he was, Yulan didn't like to feel as if someone had their eyes on her constantly. She needed someone who trusted her and allowed her to do things on her own.

A gentle laugh - not mocking, just conveying her delighted amusement - echoed around her words as she responded to the poor bronze who had clarified his words.

You don't need to borrow my company, Kurath. You may have it and certainly not return it. I've almost finished here, give me a moment and I'll join you. A nice fly to cool down her muscles sounded good right about now and she gulped down the rest of her food, taking a few moments to clean her muzzle afterwards. She glanced up to see Kurath circling above and with a well-timed jump, rose into the sky beside him. She fixed him with a curious gaze, eyes swirling their usual deep greens and blues with just a bit of yellow mixed in. She did need to be cautious, after all, but the company of a bronze was one she'd never shy away from if not given good reason to.

There are those who would look down on a bronze for wanting to 'get to know' a green more, she said after a moment, using her smaller stature to weave slowly around the shining male. That doesn't bother you? She knew it would bother some. At High Reaches there were plenty of people who thought greens and blues should stick together, leaving the browns and bronzes for the golds. Yulan understood that thought process of course, but she wanted to know what Kurath was getting into by posing his question.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas