Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Somewhere to begin (Ky'ess x S'ian)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:17 pm
There’s a soft hum in Ky’ess as he walked down the hallway; thankfully quiet as he balanced the tray. He’d been quite happy with his new routine of the past… Shards, it had really been half a turn, hadn’t it? Turn’s End was approaching, a new turn barreling down on them and he was almost looking forward to it. A touch ironic, with his shyness, that he’s looking forward to a party. Maybe.. Maybe even not alone, if he were ever brave enough. But it didn’t compare to today, his favorite person’s nameday.

I’ll pretend to not be insulted. But there’s nothing but affectionate teasing in Hiraeth’s tone. The blue in question was up on one of the high ledges on the fireheights, wings stretched out as a breeze blew snow all around him. He adored the wintertime, and since the first snow, rarely spent a free moment not enjoying the winter chill. More relaxed since the months ago when he’d chased after Uvaldoth, and come to terms with some things about himself.

’Alright, favorite human.’ Ky’ess equally returned, adjusting the balance of the covered mugs on his tray briefly. Between the mugs of klah was a little covered plate; a small cake he’d been all too happy to have made just for S’ian. If he happened to preen a touch before leaving his weyr -- combing his hair, picking out a nicer shirt and pants (and fussing at his poor, clueless firelizards over what looked better), well. It was a nameday, right? For his.. best friend.

Crushes on best friends were common, he’s tried to tell himself. It would pass.

But his door was coming up, and Ky’ess took a deep breath to steady himself. Inhale, hold, exhale… And the bluerider knocked. “S’ian? You in?”

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:49 pm
After a rough few weeks of being grounded, S'ian and Bajeth were both cleared to fly once more. They'd taken to the skies with a renewed sense of vigor, one that hadn't been seen in the pair since before the death of their former weyrmates. Something had changed in the time they'd been on the ground and although S'ian didn't want to admit it, Bajeth knew the truth and would needle him gently about it from time to time. The injection of Ky'ess and Hiraeth into their lives as more than passing faces had been good for the pair, having someone to talk with regularly, someone that cared on more than just a superficial level...

It was nice. Odd, but nice. S'ian had moments where he wondered if there was something more there than just friendship, but every time he thought that guilt washed over him. Bajeth could sense the sadness but he didn't want to brooch the subject that his wife would want him to move on and be happy, not just yet. It was still too tender a subject.

A knock on the door distracted S'ian from his thoughts and he couldn't help the little flutter in his stomach at the muffled voice. He moved to open it, fixing an easy grin on his face.

"Who's asking?" he asked, arching a brow as he surveyed the younger man.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:00 am
As the door opened, Ky’ess found the wider smile slipping back on his face; easy, relaxed. It had been hard to keep up walls when the older man had become part of his routine, had looked forward to spending time with him. Someone to listen to, and who listened in return. S’ian and Bajeth were almost permanent fixtures in their lives, and something that he’d been forced to finally look in the eye that his feelings hadn’t quite stopped at just being friends. It was easy to ignore, sometimes; S’ian was a wingsecond, a bronzerider. Oh, he could list the differences between them easily, each time he tries to convince himself he doesn’t have a crush on his dear friend. Ky’ess was almost getting decent at pretending to never have a shot with him, to potentially ruin such a dear friendship.

But then the bronzerider smiles at him, like he was now, and he swore he could fly all on his own.

“Nameday runner service -- specifically for one wingsecond of Burning Aces.” Giddiness in his belly rose to his chest, and he swept the small tray between them. Two mugs of klah, a small cake, and a wrapped gift; and Ky’ess can’t help but beam. But he pauses, pulling the tray back a fraction -- and grins playfully. “Unless I happened to get the wrong weyr? My mistake, I’ll keep looking.”

SilverLutz
plz take this goof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:25 am
S'ian did his best to look cool - he felt like he usually succeeded at that, but sometimes he wasn't too sure - by leaning on the doorframe with his shoulder and crossing his arms over his chest, a brown raised as he waited for a reply. The reply itself was so surprising he lost his 'cool guy' pose pretty quickly, his posture straightening and his eyes widening at the tray Ky'ess pulled out from behind his back.

"Whoa! Wait! Who told you that?" he asked, betting it was Bajeth. The little snitch...

When Ky'ess pulled the tray back however, S'ian reached out to grab one of his wrists (carefully, so as not to knock anything off the tray) so he couldn't sneak away.

"I dunno where you got that bit of information from, but you are not going to show me a cake and then say you're leaving. Nuh-uh. No matter what day it is! Get in here." He gently dragged the smaller man into his weyr, leading him to a small table with two chairs, perfect for the size of the tray and the both of them to sit at. He was just a bit reluctant to let go of Ky'ess' wrist but he did so eventually, motioning for him to set the tray down.

"Nameday runner service...don't need a reason to bring me cake, you know." He would accept cake any day of the week.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:43 am
The suave look was a good one on S’ian, though there is little that doesn’t delight Ky’ess like being able to take him by surprise.

“Now, now - I can’t reveal my sources. Spoils the fun of it.” But if he did promise Hiraeth a bath in the lake in this oh-so-lovely weather for asking Bajeth, well. The end justifies the means.

But the hand on his wrist is warm, so warm, and the contact is so short-lived for how nice it felt, nor the pink that rose to his face. He’s quick to recover, settling the tray onto the table and taking a seat himself. “I won’t lie, I was quite proud of that one. But good to know I can bring you cake just because.”

Picking up his mug, he’s happy to take a drink of the hot contents; him and the cold never did quite get along. A summer baby through and through, but if his friend’s nameday was in the winter, well. It was just one more reason for him to start appreciating the season, wasn’t it?

“How’s the day been treating you?” And, before he can pause too much, he chuckles softly. “And how much did Spiderclaw and Cloud try to help?”

SilverLutz

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff