Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:14 pm
It was, perhaps, far too cold to be huddled up in the Weyr Bowl in winter time, yet here Yunara was with a pot of tea as her only companion. Thanks to the generosity and kindness of her adoptive family, she was bundled up warmly in a fur coat. There was a small seating area to one side carved of stone, and it was there that the girl was sat, nibbling on a scone as she warmed her hands with a cup of tea. It was a good place to people watch; she could observe the hustle and bustle of the Weyr without necessarily needing to be a part of it.

Of course Avarice was none too impressed with the crowded nature of the place - surely at any moment one of these interlopers might at any point steal away with Yunara's lunch. Never mind, of course, that there were dragons present. No, this was simply an inacceptable prospect. So it was that the little queen stood guard jealously over the small basket of food, a golden wing extended over it as if to hide it. There was a blue dragon not to far away who might make short work of such a basket. Sssss.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Mr Cheri

There was indeed a blue dragon who had taken quite a great interest in the girl with her pot of tea. They had just returned from a pick up request from the Healer Hall in Fort -- a newly minted Journeyman had been assigned to the Weyr for a two-Turn stint. H'sad had been directed to take him to Padmia at once, which left Cinonth to his own devices until His was ready to return to their weyr.

The Weyr was certainly still abuzz with activity, and no amount of cold would keep the riders and weyrfolk inside, which was just as well for the blue. He was a sociable beast, and much preferred to be in good company than without. With His indoors, and Cynosuth and Dr'stan otherwise preoccupied, he was left firmly to alone. One girl in particular had drawn his eye, and the longer he looked, the more certain he became.

Well, he wouldn't really know, of course, until he got a good inspection. Just a quick peek before he could truly say for certain.

Giving a small stretch of his wings, and a large yawn, the dragon trotted curiously over to where Yunara sat. His eyes whirled a bright green, and while he noticed her small gold flit, the little thing was ultimately ignored. Hmmm. Leaning down, not at all shy, he rumbled greeting--just in case she didn't see his massive bulk standing in front of her.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Caught off guard, Yunara looked up. And then up... quite a bit further. Oh. Oh my. There was a large blue standing in front of her. From the way his eyes whirled a pleasant green, she knew he was not unhappy to see her. Yet what could his purpose be?

"Hello," she said softly, peering up at him. "Was there something that you needed?" she asked, knowing that from time to time the lower caverns workers were tasked with assisting dragons such as this one. He seemed... very kind, if looks were anything to go by. Could a dragon look kindly? Yunara, in spite of everything, had only met a handful of dragons personally. Cadereth had never, at any point in his life, been kind.

Avarice, for her part, was deeply offended by the blue's presence. Still, she did not stir from her spot, grumbling quietly to herself. One did not directly confront a dragon, even one that seemed to be in a good mood, and evidently even this flit knew that much. If anything, her wing curled all the more over the basket.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Hmmm.

First he tilted his head one way, then the other, before he decided he needed to get closer still. Leaning down, he pushed his giant, wedge-shaped head down towards the girl. He didn't wish to disturb her food or drink, he he did want to give her a good snuffle--that was the best way to be absolutely sure.

Closer, closer, closer the dragon drew his snout as close to Yunara as she would let him. He did not touch--not yet at least--but he did give a very big sniff and puff of air. His breath was cool and sweet, as was a trait of all dragons, but it was forceful enough to ruffle her hair.

Avarice, of course, was ignored. He had no interest in the little flit, and less for the basket which she so firmly protected. It was very clear he meant no harm.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 pm
To say that Yunara was surprised by the blue's sudden decision to... to... to sniff her would have been an understatement. Blinking, sitting perfectly still, she bore with it. What... exactly was he doing? Well, apart from the obvious. "Um. Hello?" she said, a little confused by his actions. Was he hungry? Dragons did not eat people, so surely he was... well, what was he doing, come to think of it?

"Sssss," said the flit near silently. She did not puff up and did not approach the blue. Still, the firelizard seemed better equipped to understand his actions. Avarice gave a little cheep, shifting from the basket to nuzzle beneath Yunara's hand. "Rrrt!" Suddenly, the queen's eyes had shifted to a happy blue-green.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm
Cinonth gave another whuff, his nostrils quivering from work. Perhaps he would have pushed his head directly into her, but a sudden groan had the dragon pause and look behind him.

"You big, blue, oaf--do you have no sense of personal space?" H'sad had succeeded in his mission, having left the poor Healer with Padmia. Upon his return to the weyrbowl, he found his blue had abandoned his post to harass Yunara. "Get her head back here and leave the Candidate alone," he demanded, though his words were hardly stern.

Thankfully, it was all that was needed, for Cinonth to take a step backwards. Unfortunately, he looked back at Yunara once more, and offered a louder, and more excited, creel. This one, Mine.

Of course it would be this one.

H'sad knew what his blue was up to even before Cinonth had confirmed. "Of course this one. Who else?" With his blue's history of Searching, or rather, re-Searching, he could only assume that she was some Candidate. "Sorry--he's got a bad habit of putting his nose where it's not wanted." He apologized as he made his way closer to where Yunara and her queen flit sat.
Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm
As confusing as the dragon's behavior was, his rider's sudden appearance and subsequent scolding surprised Yunara even more. It did not alarm her, but some of the things he said... well, they weren't true.

"Excuse me, sir... but I'm not a Candidate," she informed him. Avarice, who had decided that she liked this large blue, gave a small chuff, and curled up on the table. There was no dirty thief trying to steal her scones.

Whatever the miscommunication might have been, Yunara didn't quite know how to clear it up. "Oh! No, it's all right. He can stay here if he wants. I didn't know that dragons liked scones." For Yunara couldn't think of any other reason why the dragon in question had decided to smell her.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:44 pm
Wait, she wasn't a Candidate?

Cinonth puffed out his chest proudly, even as it was the blonde's turn to tilt his head at Yunara--mimicking his dragon's quizzical look from just a few moments prior. If she wasn't a Candidate--was she sure--of course she was sure! "Well how about that," he mused, giving as small snort.

Well, this changed everything.

"Forgive me. This here's Cinonth, and he has a bad habit of Searching from the Weyr's Candidates. I guess I had assumed you were one of them," he explained. Probably not the best thing to do, but being in the Weyr, and with his blue's proclivity for re-Searching, it was an honest mistake. He wouldn't have been so blithe about the whole thing if they were anywhere but the Weyr.

When the girl confessed that she thought Cinonth was interested in scones, he couldn't help but grin. "Dragons like all sorts of things but I don't think it was the scones he was after." He glanced up at his dragon, who gave a small chuff in confirmation. "I think he was mostly interested in you. Might I ask your name? I'm H'sad," he finally introduced, offering a small dip of his head in greeting.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 pm
Searching?

Wait. Did the rider's words mean what she thought they meant? Yunara stood up abruptly, sending Avarice scuttling further back on the table. The queen gave a disapproving chitter, but simply watched rider and dragon both. "Searching?" she said, aware that the cut of tea had spilled over her hand. Reaching out, she righted it, though it did not stop the table from being slightly damp. Absently, the girl removed a rag from an apron pocket and wiped it dry.

"I see. I did not realize that was his intention," Yunara said, well aware that she was stating the obvious. "My name is Yunara," she told the rider, who had identified himself as H'sad.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 pm
The girl stood up suddenly, spilling the tea, and causing Cinonth to give a small rumble of worry. His green eyes whirled quicker, a touch of yellow coloring the corners. H'sad knit his brows for a moment, surprised at her surprise.

"Er, yes... Searching. In fact, he seems to think you'd make a good Candidate if that's something you're interested in?" He wasn't sure who she was, though her face did look familiar. She certainly wasn't a weyrbrat, which meant she might have been a Journeyman, worker, or possible refugee. The Weyr had so many individuals come and go, it was hard to keep them all straight.

"The choice is yours." He gently said. H'sad didn't want to pressure her either way--but Cinonth's interest was clear.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:17 am
It was slowly sinking in that this was very much real. At first, Yunara had been sure that it was a mistake - hadn't the rider said as much? - but now... now, it sounded like he'd been serious. If the choice was hers...

It was a big choice. But... maybe it would be okay. Even if it didn't work out, she could always work in the kitchens. She remembered how dangerous the first Hatching she'd ever seen had been. Would her first Hatching be the same? Yet, looking between H'sad and Cinonth she could see such a depth of love and fondness. Didn't she want someone to be so close to?

From the table, Avarice gave a little assuring croon. "I... accept." There. She'd done it. She couldn't take it back, and could only wonder what the future might bring. Wonder, indeed, how she would go about telling Padmia.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff