Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
(PRP) Feeding Wherries for Fun (Eralgais + Haveli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:23 pm
"Here's the game..."

Eralgais straddled the top rung of the wherry pen with a bucket tucked against his leg, half full of food for the hungry birds who watched him, expectantly, waiting for the first handful of the stuff to rain down on them from the heavens above.

He held up a particularly large pellet of the feed. "I'm going to toss this at you, and you're going to try to catch it." That was a reasonable ask, wasn't it? He said it like it was a perfectly normal thing to do. "If you don't think you can catch it, move out of the way so it doesn't hit you. If you get hit three times, then we switch sides and you can have a turn throwing feed at me." He grinned brilliantly. "It's like practice for the future. If you can dodge or catch wherry feed, there's nothing to worry about when it comes to Thread. And if you can't do either," he shrugged. "The wherries still get fed. Ready?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:47 pm
What was he doing? Haveli looked over at the kid who had suddenly gotten on the fence, feed in hand, and she was suddenly aware that he was talking to her about tossing feed at her.

Oh shards no. Had he fallen at one point in the day and knocked all common sense out of his head, because he was babbling like a deadglow and as properly getting stared at as such. "....excuse me?"

That was all she managed to get out, still seriously not wanting to believe what she was hearing.

Samuel Carlin

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:41 am
Oof. He thought he'd been pretty clear. Hadn't he? But she was staring at him like he'd sprouted a second head and spoken gibberish. Ah well. Time to try again.

He slowed down a little, but kept smiling as he said, "It's a game, You know games, right? So I'm going to toss this at you..." He bounced the pellet lightly on his palm. "And you're going to dodge. Or catch it. Like Thread." Wait, maybe that was the problem. "I mean, you don't want to catch Thread, but you get what I mean." He was sure he was making sense.

"And if you get hit three times, then it's your turn to throw. I'm just trying to make feeding wherries a little more fun."

He dropped the pellet in his hand. It was immediately swarmed by the birds, which probably looked a little more like danger than fun.

"Ready?"

houllow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:26 pm
"You so much as make a movement to throw anything at me and you will find that dodging wherry feed will be the least of your worries." The look of disgust on her face was very evident, as Haveli hadn't wanted it to be explained. She very clearly knew what he was saying to begin with, it had just been a simple question to make sure her ears hadn't been playing fool.

Samuel Carlin

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:49 pm
Blink. Blink blink.

Whoa.

To his credit, Eralgais didn't pick another pellet out of the bucket. He certainly didn't throw anything at her. If she wasn't in the mood to play, he wasn't going to get himself in trouble trying to snap her out of her Mood.

He did swing his leg over the fence and hop down into the pen with her, nudging wherries -- who still hadn't been fed and were still watching the dimglow with the pail with bird-brained levels of anticipation -- out of the way as he got closer.

"It wasn';t going to hurt or anything," he reassured the girl. "I mean, if I wanted to hurt you or something. I would have just bounced one off your head and not warned you." He grinned. See, he was being thoughtful. "Don't have to snap at me before I've even done anything snapworthy."

houllow

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff