Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Not-so-nice being Crispy (W'tarl, Gr'del + Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:40 pm
Apologies didn't un-crispify a dragon, and while W'tarl was certain the young woman responsible was feeling good and guilty about the whole ordeal, Altoth wasn't feeling any better about it. The green had been making a fair bit of noise the entire morning about Siriath, yellow eyed and making a high-pitched creel of concern from her ledge that he was certain every canine in Pern could hear and collectively lose their minds over. It didn't make his responsibilities as a rider go any quicker to have her moping the entire time.

If I promise we'll go check in on them after lunch, will you stop that? W'tarl hadn't really asked, but more suggested, noting the amusement some candidates had about the assistant's green laying out in the sand in a dramatically morose heap. She looked at him with a gleam of hopefulness. Please? It had all but settled the matter.

Which is why the pair had come visiting at what was, to W'tarl, a rather unusual time of day. Altoth paced Siriath anxiously, trying to find a nice and somewhat less charred place against the brown she could settle. Does it still hurt much? she asked, the rather distressed sound threatening to return.

W'tarl sent her a supportive mental nudge - Don't start up on that again, he's resting remember? - and then it was his turn to do some checking in. Though his was done with a lot less high-pitched sounds of distress.

"The way she goes on, I'd think she'd been the one hurt if I didn't know better," he greeted Gr'del with as relaxed of a smile as the situation called for. "How've you two been feeling?"

Uta
Wasn't sure if he's back in his weyr or still at Healers so was vague XD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:33 am
Accidents happened, but it was never pleasant when the results were so painful. Gr'del well understood that it had simply been a mistake, and he didn't begrudge Ichta or Aurinkoth for the burn; these situations were all dangers dragonriders signed up for. Sure, the world easily understood that Thread was the biggest threat--but the wind could play tricks on a dragon, as could visualizing airspace to jump Between. Siriath had done his best to protect Gr'del from the worst of Aurinkoth's flame, but that meant the brown took the brunt of the damage.

Thankfully, the results hadn't been fatal.

Though Siriath had spent much of the morning under intense scrutiny, and half-drugged while they cleaned the wound and removed dead skin--he did not show any trace of phospherous poisoning, and was thought to make a relatively full recovery. Unfortunately, he would be down for some time, and likely be in a good deal of pain until the burn was better healed.

Of course, as soon as the healers allowed the brown visitors, Siriath was more than happy to see a familiar green face. Though his eyes were more dull in coloration, purple-blue swirled through them, and he made sure to sit just a bit taller.

Easy now. Gr'del warned, knowing that his brown only wanted to put Altoth's worries to ease. While that was not a problem in normal circumstances, the rider knew his dragon had a history of pushing himself if a certain green was looking. Siriath ignored him, and instead, tried to ever so gingerly reach out so he might touch his muzzle against hers. It does, but such is a dragon's duty. Aurinkoth's flame certainly ran hot. His amusement, no matter how weak, was still clear. He had taught the blue how to flame, after all, and was, in a crispy way, quite proud.

Gr'del did offer a smile at W'tarl. "Well, Siriath appreciates the concern all the same. I think she'll bring him more comfort than any amount of numbweed, honestly." He confessed, watching Altoth settle against the brown. "We've had better days, but Siriath took thee brunt of it. About all I'm down is a boot."
demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:57 am
She leaned up into Siriath's touch, her thoughts so colored with the blues and purples that whirled into her eyes that W'tarl's mind was briefly colored by them. Fortunately, he was used to Altoth's passionate stirs when it came to her brown beau - and they were far better than her sulking fits when she dropped into them.

Unfortunately, the faintest creep of a creel escaped Altoth as Siriath informed her as to the pain. She briefly looked to one of the patches of clean and salved burn, leaning out so that she could hover her nose just barely above a touch against it. You stop hurting! Bad burn! she scolded, as if it was anything resembling a helpful balm. It at least made W'tarl smile a bit. With her scolding complete, she leaned her head back against Siriath's. There, she hummed softly, clearly pleased with her efforts to help.

The brief smile of amusement W'tarl had gotten from Altoth's antics gave way to one a tad more neutral at Gr'del's update. "Well, if it makes him feel any better she would have sulked the day away with concern - I really doubt she thought of anything but him all morning." It sure would have been a boon to his ego to know he consumed thoughts like that. "I'm just glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have been....and we can throw your boot Between later with honors for it's service," it was a poor attempt at a joke, but the humor felt needed.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:28 pm
demon_pachabel

The brown dragon watched with fond amusement as Altoth scolded his wound into submission. He would have rumbled with delight had he the energy--or a desire to aggravate his condition. Certain movements were still quite painful, or the wounds too deep for the numbweed to touch. Still, the brown dragon was eager to reassure Altoth, and keep her in pleasant spirits. Ah, my love, I think you finally did it. I'm feeling much better now that you're here, and I'm certain you've told off the worst of the burns. Though he might have been humoring in some aspects, it was true that he was much happier to have her near. Just to have her tender touch and sweet regard was all the brown dragon really wanted. So, he focused on her while hecould--knowing that far too soon she would need be away again. His hearts were already pining.

Gr'del gave a small bark of a laugh at W'tarl's words, glad to have a distraction from his worries. Though the healers were fairly confident Siriath would make a solid recovery with time, he still shared in his dragon's pain; it was hard not to fret, especially when he looked so grey. But there had been enough worry, and W'tarl's presence truly made things better. "Lucky dragon, I say," he mused aloud. "Honestly, I'm glad she's here. Ad you, as ewll," he confessed. "I suppose the only downside to the boot being the only casualty outside of Siriath is that it leaves me with far too much time to think." In the past, he used to at least have Candidate lessons to focus on, or meetings with Weyrleadership or V'mel, or his assistants, whenever Siriath was down or injured. These days, he had a lot more free time.

"You let me know when you want the charred remnants of that boot. I'd better find what tanner made it from and commission another pair--that was some quality, for sure." It certainly had saved his foot.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:57 am
For all her simplicity, Altoth was all too aware that it would take more than a mere scolding to heal her beloved of all his ailing - but to be told it had helped so still made her rumble in delight. Perhaps even enough to make up for the fact that Siriath himself could do (or deigned not to do) such a thing. I will come and shoo the pain away any time. Of course, that wasn't always feasible, but W'tarl wasn't going to be quick to remind her that soon enough they'd have to step away from their break to get back to work. The Weyr didn't shut down for every injured dragon or rider.

Even if Altoth felt like there should have been an exception in this case.

W'tarl, for his part, clapped a hand on Gr'del's shoulder - now that he was sure doing so wouldn't just send the man flinching in agony for the friendly gesture. "We can hold onto it until you can be there for the honors," not that he actually expected the man to hold onto a chewed up boot for easily a month or more. Despite the running musing, he did frown at Gr'del's confession of too much thinking time.

"I see. What sort of thinking do you find yourself up to?" he asked. "The kind that could use more company dropping by to weasel you out of it?" Because surely with the changes in policy in the last few Turns, Gr'del was likely not seeing as much of his beau as he had once been able to. Not that W'tarl would have ever dared pry - even hopefully.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:57 pm
demon_pachabel

Siriath couldn't help himself. Altoth's delight was infectious and though he was feeling quite poorly, to hear her rumble with such pleasure helped to further lift his spirits. There were reasons he adored her, and her sweetness was one of them. Eyes whirling a deeper purple, the brown leaned forward to gingerly press his muzzle against her neck. The burns on my hide are nothing compared to the ache of my hearts when you aren't near. Thankfully, the green was with him now--and he would cherish every moment she remained. Might you tell me of your day, beloved, so I might listen to your thoughts and share in your joys? Perhaps it would distract from the heaviness of being in the infirmary and the pain of Aurinkoth's flame.

The clap of W'tarls hand against his shoulder was met with a smile. "A celebration will be in order then, once Siriath's released. I'll prepare a toast if you bring the wine, and we'll send that boot off in style. At least what's left of it. It's a date," he agreed with a nod.

As for his friend's follow-up question, this time Gr'del did give a laugh. "Is that a promise? Trust me, it's quiet enough now that it's just Siriath and I--and with Siriath grounded, that leaves me and a few flits. I'll have to fill up the hours with busy work--you know I hate having idle hands." Thankfully, he could find work to do even without Siriath -- there was plenty to do, even if it was simple physical labor and everyday chores.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am
While enthusiastic, Altoth was at least mindful enough to be gentle as she tucked her hed up underneath Siriath's with a hum of thought. Well! MyW'tarl got up nice and early to help with the Candidates - he does miss working with yours on that but he has no complaints beyond personal ones there, the 'new' Candidatemaster was a perfectly capable man, after all, and I got to spend some time out in the sun, sulking and keening, yes, but she'd just brush over those details, before we had to go join our Wing for drills. They're not the same without you there. Certainly, they all knew how to work to fill in the gaps but that wasn't the same as having an able bodied dragon in that spot.

Too many injuries and those spaces became like giant gaps.

I may go to the feeding pen later - have you been brought anything to eat?

W'tarl knew the sentiment - there was no room for idle hands at any Weyr, no matter how some parties liked to act as though that weren't the case at times. There was always something to be done and it felt like, at times, not enough hands to get it all done. Especially after a bad fall when things got more and more stretched. "I'd not offer if I wasn't good for it. Need to have something to look forward to beyond the day to day grind," not that W'tarl hated it either. But it felt like if he kept his head too deep into it, everything blurred together.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Siriath gave a pleasant little sigh as Altoth rested her head beneath his, and did his best to soak up her attention and pleasantries. Though the pain could not be wholly ignored, simply having her close brightened his day considerably. Aurinkoth might have proven himself to be formidable in terms of his flames, but Altoth's affections gave him something to look forward to, and made his time wounded bearable.

Too soon, he knew, she would have to be away and he would be left alone in the Infirmary. Even if Gr'del chose to stay temporarily in more grounded quarters, until Siriath could once again fly, it still wouldn't be the same for it wouldn't be their weyr. But he would not think of separation quite yet--no, for he would not wish to be a poor listener, or taint the time he did have with morose feelings. There would be time enough to pine and sulk later.

Ah, such a fine day to be had. I do miss seeing the Candidates everyday, but I still enjoy the ones Mine remembers, and peeking upon them as I can when I visit you. How many had he been able to watch grow into fine riders in their own right? And though some had not found a dragon, Siriath knew they must have gone on to do great things in Hold or Hall--and some still remained.

He did not have as good a penchant for names and faces as His did, but the brown certainly did his best to remember them. Nevermind that they often became a jumble of skintones and faces. He could and would continue to be proud.

You certainly sound as if you've earned yourself something good to eat. I have not, but confess I am not very hungry. It is hard to want to eat in such a state. Drinking was difficult enough. I hope you shall catch yourself a fine meal, something fat and tender. She did, of course, deserve the best of everything.

Gr'del, for his part, was grateful for W'tarl's time. He'd always been a good friend, and he had always enjoyed working with him when he had instructed the Candidates. The fact W'tarl remained a fixture in his life, even after he'd been stripped of his title, and had been a source of support during those rough months after, was something he'd never forget. "Fair enough," he agreed with a smile. "Seriously, though--it would be nice to catch up. Feels like too long since there's been anyone to talk to--you would be more than welcome."

And that was the truth. With Siriath likely to be sleeping much through the day, no drills or sweeps to be had, no Candidates to tend to, and his love-life in shambles as a recently-freed-man... W'tarl's company was most sorely needed.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:27 pm
Altoth gave a small keen of concern, even if the idea of something fat and tender for just herself was ever so delightful of a thought. Not wanting to doesn't mean you don't need to, she fussed with words that were clearly stolen from similar lectures aimed her way by W'tarl. What if I brought you something? she asked, her tone slightly pushy even when she wasn't trying to be.

"Truly - I can't say I have too much exciting news you haven't heard already but I can always rehash it again to sound like something new," he mused. At least he had more to talk about than just candidates, a topic he was happy to avoid in case it was still a sore spot to his friend. "Things have certainly been busy enough lately I know what you mean. I'd look forward to having some time to just sit down with good company and chat."

Uta
And then I gave you the smallest tag of my life oh my god

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:54 pm
Siriath was no mood to fight, and wouldn't deny his green beloved anything--even if his appetite was shot. As she so clearly wished to fuss and care for him, the brown relented. If it made her happy, than so it would please him, as well. Eyes whirling a soft purple-green, the brown nosed softly at her. Very well, if you insist, my dearest hearts. Though he had no appetite, perhaps a few bites would help--and if nothing else, Altoth would be able to continue to fuss and care for him as she so wished.

Gr'del did glance up at his dragon, but otherwise sent him a wave of affection and support. The pain wouldn't last forever, though there were plenty of uncomfortable days ahead for the brown until he was better healed. Looking up at W'tarl, Gr'del gave a small laugh. "Well, consider it a date then. We'll have a good time, then--and it would be nice just to have some time to catch up, and just enjoy each others company." He had always liked W'tarl, but their schedules no longer collided as conveniently as they once had. Still, he would have nothing but time now, and hoped to make up for some lost time.

His life might still be upside down and free falling... but there was only so far down they could crash. Surely, better tidings had to be on the way.

demon_pachabel
Probably good to wrap this one now, or at least soon, if you want to start another sometime? Maybe when Siriath and Gr'del are more available to ... do things?
LOL No pressure though. I know all our muses are shot.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas