Toe Beans?
  Toe Beans!
  Nah, Jelly Beans~
View Results

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:13 pm
User Image

Setsuna & BB are proud first-time parents! They will be raising the baskets & foals together until the children are grown up; after that it's up to the kiddos what they'll do next.

Run Times
Starts: Nov. 2nd, 2 PM EST
Ends: Nov. 9th, 2 PM EST

Contest will start/end whether I am here or not to state as such.
Judging might take some time, but hopefully we will have a winner announced by the 14th (though hopefully sooner lol).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:28 pm
User Image BB is very much a new father and a bit clueless as to how it all works. His last... "herd" (now scattered to the four winds by a raid from an avian Purewalker) didn't raise him to be one. He was raised to be just "breeding stock". They didn't really name their breeding stock, just gave them labels. Which means BB won't have any idea what a normal name is supposed to be; he'll be looking to Setsuna for advice.

As inexperienced as he might be, he will dote on the baskets and the foals as best as he can. Even if he does give them strange labels until they pop... Like WB (wiggly basket) for mine, GB (ghost basket) for Nat's, and JB (jelly basket) for the only female of the trio.

User Image
Plort will do his best to help out, but being a mouse... there's only so much he can do.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The third child, and the youngest, is owned by me.
Hikaru can come across as lazy, apathetic, or downright cold toward others, but has this INSANE bond with his brother (with a bit of an impish side that he hides so well). Where his brother goes, so shall he. Hikaru might secretly look up to his sister, depending on what the person who wins her sets her personality as.

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Natelie

Feline Wife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:52 pm
User Image

Setsuna is a cheery little pokemon who found herself to be a bit of a wanderer. Born into a group of others like her, she traveled with them until one of her pretty red orbs came free from her mane leading her astray and lost. She found BB after being on her own for two years and now, she's a new mom but both of them are a little dumbfounded on what to do next. Will be a doting mother and try not to smother them with affection.

Kaoru - Middle child and with that he is mischievious and playful. Mostly he jokes and plays small harmless pranks. When he gets into trouble he sucks up to Setsuna the most trying to put on the boyish charm.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:09 pm
The basket your after is THIS sweet li'l girl, the eldest of the trio.
What you are to do is wow us with your desire to bring this girl home with you! Just to be clear, while the parents are entirely new and may be a bit... inept, they won't abandon any of their kids. Basket stealing, while unlikely, isn't impossible... we can't stop you if that's the plot you win with, but we'd still like to avoid it lol.

Fill out the form below to post your entry. What we're looking for is what kind of personality the foal will have, what you plan to do with her, what the foal will do once she's grown (who will she go with, or will she strike out on her own?), and... as a bonus, show us your first shiny (non-Soq) Pokemon and tell us how you got it!

Update Edit! If you don't have a pic of your shiny, a pic of what it looks like from the 'net is just fine too. Or if you don't have a shiny... Improvise! heart

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Plans:[/b]

[b]BONUS:[/b]

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

White Neko Chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:13 pm
Username: White Neko Chan
Name: Asami "Jelly"(Morning Beauty in Japanese]

Personality: Asami may be the eldest of the three but she is so different than her brothers. She had earned her name by being born right when the morning dew was setting and the sun was hitting them. It was a name given to her by her parents. But she loved the nickname that her father has given her since she was in the basket.. Jelly. She loves to learn everything about the pokemon soquili world as well as other worlds that are not part of pokemon. She is the one that feels like she has to make sure her brothers are not giving her parents too much trouble. She worries about everyone around her far more than she can about herself.. especially about her father. She knew her mother could handle herself but it was something about her father that made her get more attached to him even as a small filly.

Basically, she is a sweet girl but is often very shy as she doesn't know what she is. She knows she is different than other pokemon out there. She knows that she can do some things that other can't. She seems to always be able to find something anyone needs or wants without even being told about it. The orbs were given to her by her mother. She holds them near and dear to her heart. To her.. They represent her family. If one is lost, then she must go to the one that she feels that needs her. She is a comforter... Never far from her Daddy.

Plans: If possible, I would love to have Asami learn about her parents and how they met.. perhaps to better understand the orbs she holds dearly to her heart.

Maybe she lose one.. taken by a ghost pokemon or psychic type. She would search for the missing member of her family until the said orb reappears to her.

She is determined to make pokemon friends both big and small. She could fall in love with a big pokemon but worries that her parents would not approve. Hence the anxiety and worry about doing things to make herself happy for once.

BONUS: My first shiny pokemon from what I can remember was Shiny Meditite then evolved it. It was on Pokemon Go. I can't remember from the console games. But it was one that I was super happy about. Since then I have gotten Vibravas, Pinser, Cascoon and now Drifblim which is the cutest, I believe. <3 I am still working on getting more. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:16 pm
Username: magnadearel
Name: “JB” Jelly Bean

Personality: JB values family above all else. She realizes her parents are new to this and forgive them their mistakes. They are doing the best they can in her eyes. JB will do everything she can to help her parents with her younger siblings. She takes her role as eldest very seriously when it comes to helping the family.

She loves her little brothers too. JB will be a steadfast, loyal friend and be quick to defend them should the need arise. She might help them out with pranks from time to time; however, as long as the pranks are harmless she will never rat them out to their parents.

JB will be friendly and open with other ponies that she meets. She will favor minis just a tiny bit more, but she won’t be haughty about it. She won’t mind helping them out if she is able.

Plans:
- When she initially emerges from the basket she’ll honestly believe her name is Jelly Basket. While she doesn’t have a problem with this name, since her father gave it to her, she will logically point out that she is no longer a basket. Thus she’ll politely suggest a slight change to her name and become Jelly Bean or JB for short.
- She will want a mouse friend like her father has. There may or may not be plots where she sits outside of a mouse hole trying to entice the tiny creatures to be her friend for hours on end.
- Only a pawed mini will be suitable for her mate, just like her parents.
- if her parents separate, JB will be crushed. She would have a hard time picking just one parent to travel with. (It would depend upon the scenario on which one she does end up going with.) She may suggest living half the time with her mother and half the time with her father.
- As she gets older JB will eventually leave the family only to find a mate if she hasn’t found one by this point.

BONUS:
My first shiny was an onix from Silver or Crystal I think. Just training in the cave and not paying attention. Looked to see why it was taking so long and saw it was an onix. It took a moment to notice the funny color of it and all the stars. If it had been any other pokemon I probably would have killed it without realizing it. Shinies on my games are like non-existant.  

magnadearel

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:46 pm
Username: Fayt_of_Redemption

Name: 面白い (Omoshiroi)

Personality: Having grown up often hearing "hey there little toe-bean," she has a very funny, outgoing personality. Why, even her very name means "amusing." Her parents must have seen something in her shortly after she was born to earn her the name. She's constantly cracking jokes, sometimes being a bit snarky or playing pranks on others, esp her brothers. But she's never malicious. To most, she seems like a very happy pony. But, there is deep sadness hidden behind the laughter...

Plans: (As a disclaimer, I do not rp or have any desire to; I do not enjoy it. However, should I win, you guys are welcome to incorporate her and her personality/ideas here into your own rp stories and expand on them to suit what you're doing.)

Some plot ideas though would be:

- her venturing out with a circus troupe, as she caught the attention of the ringmaster with her antics

- on her travels she would meet a pony more down to earth; infact she finds them stuffy. trials of life however will force them to work together, eventually becoming close friends

- she will drag them into all sorts of mischief as they both seek what their place in the world really is

- periodically she will return to her family, friend in tow, and share stories of their adventures and trinkets of places they've been

- her love of giving others tiny trinkets will lead her to eventually settle down back home and start crafting them herself with knowledge she received on her travels. But be wary, you may end up with a surprise; she is still a funny soq.

BONUS:

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:38 am
Username: Lunadriel
Name: Kanako

Personality: Kanako is very gentle, and tries to stay out of trouble. Constantly defending both her brothers actions! She will help butter up Setsuna and present his case to their mom if he gets in trouble. Or she will try to explain what Hikaru is thinking, if someone doesn't understand the cold shoulder he gives them. Sometimes, she'll be the one to rope them both into games they'll all enjoy, that are relatively simple. It's her way of keeping her brothers safe and close!

Plans: When she's older, she'll discover tea, and teacups! She'll be fascinated by them both. She'll get the strange urge to "Collect Them All" and horde all the teacups she can trade for. She won't even know how to brew tea! She just cares about collecting the cups. After her collection grows, she won't know what to do with them all. At this point, she'll meet a mouse that works in a teashop. The mouse knowing how to make tea, but not being big enough to have more than a few cups at a time, asks Kanako to share her cups with others. Kanako will become his tea disciple and finally learn how to brew tea! She will share her cups with those they make tea for. (Though her favorite cups are saved for only those that are close to her, and trusted.)
Her future tea time friend:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Love will be a very confusing thing for her! She will date and then get scared of commitment, and move on after a few dates. Really, she just doesn't know what her heart wants. She will have to figure out that she wants a love that makes her as happy as her childhood spent with her brothers, or her love for collecting teacups.

BONUS: My first and only shiny, was Eevee! Given to me by someone here on Gaia. I planned to evolve it, but couldn't commit to getting rid of Eevee. ^___^

Lunadriel

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:08 pm
Username:Nikkichomp
Name: Elyse

Personality: As the oldest, she has taken it upon herself to be helpful and keep an eye on the other two - to the point where she can sometimes be overbearing and annoying about it. She genuinely means well though and loves her family very much.

She'd want to stay with as many of her family members as possible, so whichever group ends up being the largest is where she'll stay. If the parents stay in one place & the other two siblings go somewhere else together, she'd probably choose to go with her siblings if there were no extenuating circumstances.

Plans:
If either of you were up for it, I'd love a plot where she is shadowing one of the siblings who she is CONVINCED is about to get into trouble, and ends up saving them from a sticky situation, which will (temporarily) reinforce her position that she should be responsible for keeping track of everyone.

Also, whether it's with her family or with other Soq, I want her to run face first into problems with her lack of boundaries in terms of the choices others make for themselves. Could start with someone she doesn't know well which results in her ending the relationship. At some point it'll need to happen with someone she's close with so that she is willing to learn to change instead of just giving up.

Eventually, she'll find love and lifemate with someone. While she loves them very much, she will definitely want to try to do better than her parents did. As a result the above plot re: boundaries will need to exist before she has kids with whatever future partner she finds so that she decides to wait on offspring until she is better about boundaries.

BONUS: I...have never gotten a shiny crying I bred a bunch of togepi in original sapphire and fished and fished and fished for shinies in alpha sapphire and searched in several spots in X where shinies were supposed to spawn, but it never happened and i eventually gave up in each case. Sigh.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:05 pm
Username: Melomar
Name: Adzuki
(Adzuki beans are what go into red bean paste, and it's a staple in Japanese cooking.)

Personality: Charismatic
She is a character that will attract familiars and maybe even other soquili. They will choose to do her bidding as their master, teacher, or trainer. She will have lots of energy and love to teach people about what she knows. That said, if she does not know the answer to a question, she will want to learn it, and thus seek it out or invite the questioner to seek to inform them both. This will lead her to wander at times, not because she has a wandering heart but because she is very focused on a task at hand.

Plans:
I see her going on short trips, and despite the excitement and danger of these adventures, she will always be eager to come back home. She will want to share the story with her brothers and parents. If she has any spoils or new knowledge she will want to share that. She's just very communally minded and so what one has, one shares with the group.

I would love to work out plots with you to expand on personality and family interactions.

I don't have any pokémon familiars but would like to pair her up with one eventually, as her personal familiar.

I would like her to lifemate with another pokémon soquili, just to continue on that tradition and culture.

BONUS:
I have found shinies of magikarp that I have trained up to red gyrados. I do not have pictures of them but here is what they look like:

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:39 am
Username: techabyte
Name: Shainī

Personality:
Temper: Animated
Bubbly and eccentric, Shainī loves to be the center of attention. She tries to always be the happiest of those around her, wanting everyone to be in a good mood. She doesn't want anyone to feel as though they will be down in the dumps or alone or hurt. She has a very caring heart, and a soul filled with joy. It's hard for her to ever feel as though she's going to be anything but happy. But when she does get down in the dumps, or angry, her family brings her back from the cusp of her other emotions and puts her back where she knows she should be. She will do everything in her power to ensure that all those around her remain filled with joy.

Plans:
I want Shainī to really want to stay close to her parents. Being the oldest she will be somewhat protective of her little brothers, but she also knows that she has other responsibilites.
She will want to try and figure out what was going on within BB's old her, and even try to find any of the old members that could possibly be related or know who BB was growing up. She wants to ensure her father has the happiest of lives, and thinks finding some old answers may help!
She wants to learn and grow with Setsuna and wants to help to raise her little brothers, since the whole family is a handful. Despite her joyous deposition, she will have a length of responsibility within her.

Also this would likely be her familiar, because it just seems so fitting! Shainī will run into her while exploring and having fun with her brothers, and Esmeray will help keep a watchful eye on the babes, as well as be a fun little playmate!

BONUS:
My first actual Shiny was a Zubat back in Silver/Gold. :3 Unfortunately I don't have that little guy any more. BUT. I was playing Dynamax Adventure the other day, and the first one I did was against a Buzzwole. It ended up being shiny! Here's a screenshot of the big guy from my Switch~
Also here is my Switch Code if anyone wants to be friends :3 [ SW-8518-3701-8699 ]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:49 pm
Username: medigel
Name: Tsuta - Japanese for "ivy" (a play on Pokemon IV's which ties in to her personality)

Personality:
Tsuta is a Soq who goes hard. JB? Try JV! Competitive doesn't begin to cover her many ambitions to be the best at everything that interests her: athletics, strength, intelligence, beauty, and charisma to be sure, but also even minor things such as simple games with her family or "last one to the tree is a rotten egg". She's gotten it into her head that it's all or nothing and is a terrible perfectionist about herself. Everyone else, though? Nothing but the deepest love and acceptance, if not also relentlessly teasing about their mistakes. She won't even mind helping her brothers with their pranks, though she'll certainly be pushing Hikaru to be more active and on the move. She wants to be their role model, whether they like it or not.

Plans:
    - Finding like-minded Soq and creating a mini sort of Olympian competition between them

- Getting in over her head with a dangerous creature that she thinks she can take on and returning to her family (possibly) more humbled but falling into a deep depression over her failure

- A love interest would either be someone equally competitive or else someone who would allow her to slow down and appreciate things even with their flaws. It's entirely possible she would have to go through several Soquili before finding the "correct" partner.

- Deep down, Tsuta is a romantic who wants a big, BIG family. Finding her lovebug familiar Peony might aid her in this endeavor, though the little thing is even more spicy than Tsuta is and would expect nothing less than a mouse that could beat her up in a spar! Peony may or may not interfere with any courtship on top of Tsuta's own series of tests to find The One.

- Would be one to wander from the family from time to time when older but generally stay with them, perhaps even when she finds a mate. Her strong bonds with her brothers especially compels Tsuta to keep an eye on them and any of their lovers. Only the best for this family!

BONUS:
So the first I ever got was actually a shiny Ninetails through wonder trade in Pokemon Sword/Shield! I've encountered a wild one before (Pelipper in Ruby) but I ran away on instinct before I had realized : C

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:26 pm
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Name: Yoshiko ( Japanese meaning "joy child" )

Personality: Yoshiko is a little ball of energy and excitability. She’s constantly moving and grooving to her own beat, never stopping or slowing down for anyone or anything. The best reaction to Yoshiko is either party with her or move out of the way. Otherwise, you may find yourself caught up in a whirlwind of fun and laughter that shows no signs of stopping. Her head is always somewhere up in the clouds, far away from the mundanity of the world and its frivolous matters. Some might even call her a bit of an airhead. That doesn’t bother Yoshiko, however, as she doesn’t care what others think of her. The world is a tidal wave of entertainment and partying, and she’s not going to let any stick-in-the-mud keep her from riding it off into the sunset.

Her exuberance knows no bounds, seemingly reaching new and uncharted heights. This natural and boundless energy permeates the air whenever, whomever, and wherever she’s around. It can be a little distracting to the more serious of personas, which is sort of her mission in life. Let the sunshine in and have a little fun. Too much seriousness can lead to an early grave, and there’s no need for that, in her humble opinion. Light, love, and laughter- or “the three Ls” as she refers to them- are what she strives to impart unto others. There shall be none of that doom and gloom business while she’s around! Rest assured, Yoshiko will do everything in her power to turn that frown upside down. Be prepared for antics galore when it comes to this little filly.

When not performing her feats of joviality, Yoshiko spends time with her family. She holds a fond spot for both of her parents and loves them dearly, though she does tend to be a bit of a daddy's girl. As for her brothers, her bond with them is like any other. She cherishes them, annoys them, respects them, and all those things that come in-between. One of the key ways she demonstrates her love is by cooking. It’s her favorite pastime outside of daydreaming. Unfortunately, Yoshiko can’t cook herself out of a paper basket. She’s terrible at it. If it’s not overcooked, then it’s undercooked. Pretty much every which way but perfect. Even with help from those with more dexterity! She knows this, accepts it, still gonna serve her creations. Because she tries, and that’s what counts, being a more personable way of expressing herself. Friends and family can often find her singing and dancing to some random tune during these escapades as well. Yoshiko loves a good song, make believe or not, and it really helps get into the spirit.

In a nutshell, Yoshiko is energetic, lighthearted, outgoing, caring, and ditzy. A tiny being of radiance whose light can’t be doused no matter the circumstance. Life’s a party, after all, and she’s pulling out all the stops!

Plans:
1. When she emerges from her basket, she'll realize she is the first one to do so. Yoshiko won't let that stand. She'll actively work on getting her siblings to join her in this big new world she's discovered...whether they like it or not. AKA- that time Yoshiko annoyed her brothers so much they emerged from their baskets just to get her to stop.
2. It won't take long for Yoshiko to discover she likes the idea of cooking, even less time for her to figure out she CAN cook, and even less still to realize she stinks at it. But as long as it's done with love it'll taste good...right? AKA- that time Yoshiko asked everyone to try her food creation and it nearly killed them (but not really).
3. Yoshiko makes a friend! It's a bird...it's a bear...it's...well...she's not sure what it is, but she's gonna talk to it. AKA- that time Yoshiko talked to an animal and it talked back so they bonded.
4. Yoshiko makes an enemy! Okay, so going into the forest without her family wasn't the best decision ever, but she wanted to explore and everyone was busy. How was she supposed to know that danger lurked there? It hadn't before. AKA- that time Yoshiko learned that not everyone wants to be your friend.
5. It takes a lot to get Yoshiko down in the dumps. It's a thing that doesn't happen often so, when it does, it's definitely noticed. Who knew that it'd be her own family who managed to do it this time...AKA- that time Yoshiko got into a fight with her family and was sad. (Note: I'm leaving this one very open-ended so it can be plotted with other owners)
6. -Insert further plots here- Essentially, Yoshiko would be a home body, wanting to stay around her family as she very much so cherishes them. But she also has a spirit of adventure which will lead her to travel from time to time. Her travels will broaden her horizons in many ways, ranging from her cooking skills (or lack thereof) to the idea of herds and various types of love. It'll be during these travels that she'll find her mate- in whatever form they might be- and start to settle down. Depending on the mate, she may settle with them somewhere between their family and hers so they travel to and fro as they please. There maaaay be a bit of heartache (i.e. lost child or dead mate or something along those lines) that would challenge her typically indelible spirit, though she'll come out stronger for it.

BONUS: *draws circles in sand* Sadly, I have never played the games so I have no shiny to claim here. But here is a pic of a shiny Ninetails anyway:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:38 am
Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Name: Foxfire (as in the foxfire fungi, which glows in the dark!)

Personality:

Good Habits:
Foxfire makes sure that she has the essential good habits, including respecting her elders, greeting people when she first meets them, wishing them well when departing, etc. Other than this, observing the law, serving the poor and downtrodden, helping the sick and needy, giving shelter to the homeless, assisting someone with a handicap, etc. are also other good habits of mine. To lead a peaceful life, she develops other good habits like listening to music, dancing, singing, etc.

Believing in Knowledge:
Knowledge is of utmost importance today. Learning gives her the ability to survive and tackle different kinds of situations. It also makes her more rational and pragmatic. Thus, she tends to understand things quicker than others and always weigh the pros and cons of a situation. Knowledge comes from learning. Learned people are known to be more efficient, more sincere, and more honest than the others.

Importance of Keeping Promises:
Promises carry with them tremendous importance. Fulfillment of promises ensures that there is a strong bond that has been created between the two people based on that promise. Commitments also provide that two people come close to each other. The values of trust, faith, and honesty are tested by the strength to keep promises. Promises also signify the ability of a person. If a person is making a promise, it means that they can perform the same. Thus, Foxfire makes sure to keep her promises.

Importance of Honor:
Honor is another aspect of her personality. Integrity is a necessary prerequisite for almost everything that we do today. Honor keeps deception at bay, and it helps an individual in treating others with the utmost respect. Honor keeps her beliefs intact and does not allow the disposition of others in clouding her own judgment. At times, just being honorable is not good enough; one has to maintain her honor by not tarnishing it.

Importance of Modesty:
Akin to the value of politeness lies modesty. It is one of the finest qualities that a person can possess. A person or individual may have many good qualities. Still, if that person is modest, then he gets the respect of everyone around him. Those who are humble or modest are considered to be wise. They do not bother if anyone notices their good deeds. A fair person listens to everyone with equal attention and tries to learn from others as well. Thus, Foxfire tries to remain modest within her social circles.

Plans:

• She wishes to develop her knowledge, learn all she can, expand herself and her experiences so that she may share them with her family.
  • As Foxfire has a fondness for music, she will search out musically inclined Soquili whom she can potentially be taught by.
  • Foxfire loves to care deeply for those who are more unfortunate than her, and despite her small stature, she will do what she can to help. Doesn't matter if its a walker or other, if they need care, she is the mare!
  • Foxfire has always been curious about her family's see-through appearance, and this leads her to wonder if there are others! (Xuen will love to be involved with this one!)

BONUS:

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 am
AND CLOSED~ heart  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]