Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Keeping the Cold at Bay (I'zrin/Faustell)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:31 pm
I'zrin was quite over bathing his dragon in the Weyrlake, now that winter had well and truly arrived. Oh, it had been just as cold when Maestoth had hatched, and he'd needed more frequent baths, but the brown was now truly enormous, and getting him properly scrubbed and oiled took quite a bit of time and work. It was an awfully long time to be out in the cold, and wet besides. Still, miserable as it was, he'd never shirk or rush through his duties when it came to taking care of his bonded. He deserved every moment of care, even if I'zrin felt half-frozen by the end of it.

The brownrider was quick to take a much warmer bath for himself when he was done. He then bundled himself up well for the walk back to his weyr to keep out any potential chill - always a hazard with damp hair, and he still refused to cut his, even if it was a pain in the a** to get it done up in such a way that it fit safely under a helmet. He was more than vain enough to consider it worth the trouble. He'd need to dye it again soon as well, as the orange-red color was fading; it was doing so in a fetching enough way, but it was about time for a change, anyway.

He had a couple of sevendays to think about it, at least. For now, he just wanted to get back to his weyr and safely under his nice warm furs.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:43 pm

It had been a long, cold day. To say that he was more than ready to be done with it was an understatement; Faustell had long since given up and burrowed himself in I'zrin's furs. He didn't care that he wasn't supposed to be there. It wasn't as if he was unwelcome by the brownrider. If it took I'zrin a little more time than he would have liked to return to his weyr, surely the rider himself could not be blamed. He'd decided to wait in the other's bed for him, and after the first hour or two it hadn't seemed like a bad idea. As time wore on, however...

Faustell, soothed by the warmth of the furs, had fallen asleep. The big man was used to using his body in different ways than the Weyr required, even now. It was more tedious than anything else, at present, and tedium had a tendency to wear him out. With little physical exertion and so much monotony in his current schedule, it couldn't be helped.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:25 pm
I'zrin breathed a sigh of relief as he entered his weyr and shut the door behind him; it might be on the smaller side, since he was only a Weyrling brownrider, but it was his, and he was already rather taken with it, even if it yet lacked every luxury and finery he would like it to have. Eventually, he'd see it properly outfitted.

What it did have, at present, was a very conspicuous lump under his bedfurs. What a pleasant surprise! Shedding the outer layer he'd wrapped himself in for the trek back - brrr! - he quickly but gingerly slipped himself under the furs to cuddle up to said lump. Who was much warmer than he was, courtesy of having been in bed awhile already.

Perfect. I'zrin slid an arm around Faustell and nuzzled close, because warmth. And also Faustell. Was there anything better?

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Faustell, who was a light sleeper to begin with, woke up almost immediately when I'zrin pressed himself against him. Mainly due to the fact that I'zrin was... very cold. "'Rin," the man grumbled, rolling over to stare sleepily down at his lover. "You're late." And wet... and cold! This was not precisely how he'd imagined their nightly reunion would go, but at least there was a fire burning in the hearth.

Blinking owlishly, he made an effort to adjust to the waking world. It was not that he blamed I'zrin for being late - even weyrling riders seemed to have a lot of duties - more, he had simply missed him. But what a sight to wake up to! He could get used to this.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:53 pm
I'zrin should maybe have felt bad about waking his beloved, or at least about being a bit cold and a bit wet, but...he really didn't. It was his bed, after all, and Faustell had had his nap. So he merely grinned up at him, unrepentant as he revelled in the warmth. And this wasn't a terrible position to be in, besides.

"Am I? I thought I did pretty well on time, considering how long Maestoth takes to bathe these days, big as he's gotten." Of course, he'd rather taken his time on his own soak afterwards, but he'd been cold!

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:51 am

Well. If Maestoth had needed a bath that explained a few things. Faustell turned his head to the side and sneezed. He'd been quite warm, but now things were a little different. For one thing, I'zrin was damp and cold. Staring down reproachfully at his lover, Faustell shifted his weight so that he was pressing him down. There definitely weren't enough furs for this.

"Your hair is too long to not need drying before bed," he accused. If there had been a towel within reach, he would've done just that! As it was, he had to satisfy himself with I'zrin's partially damp hair. Still, he nuzzled against the rider like an overly affectionate feline.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 am
"And it's entirely too cold not to get into bed anyway," I'zrin countered, shoving playfully against Faustell's shoulder, "Especially when you made it look so inviting." While he was, in most circumstances, extremely particular about his hair, the brownrider had had enough of being cold for one day. Curling up with Faustell - or in this case, being pinned down and nuzzled by him - was much more appealing than making sure his hair was perfectly dry.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 pm
"But now the bed is going to be wet," Faustell pointed out, making use of I'zrin as a pillow. A smaller, slighter pillow. Good thing Faustell was essentially a furnace in man form. It was cute how I'zrin responded like a feline cub, drawing a smile from the big man's lips. He more than enjoyed being nestled in their bed together, although he was only too aware the fact that he'd have to leave to go back to the barracks eventually.

What a shame that was. Maybe one day things would be different. "So, I take it bathing Maestoth is all that was keeping you, then?" he asked, continuing their earlier conversation. Mm. Well, he couldn't complain about having I'zrin here, even if it had taken him longer to arrive than he would have liked.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm
"Just one side of it. I'm willing to live with that." He was also quite willing to live with being a pillow for the time being - he got to soak up all of Faustell's extra warmth for himself. The cuddles were nice, too, of course, and he'd take all of those that he could get, given how limited their time together was. If only one of Maestoth's clutchmates had picked him! It would have been so much easier. Well, one day or another, just the right dragon would come along, I'zrin was sure of it. Faustell was quite the catch, after all.

"And then myself, but I'm absolutely blaming Maestoth. He takes much longer than I do." Fastidious though I'zrin was, there was no way he could possibly take as long to get clean as his enormous bonded. He'd be a shriveled-up prune if he spent that many candlemarks in the bath.

Out on his ledge, Maestoth huffed. He wasn't going to accept such blame lying down, especially when there was someone else around to hear it! If he were a dragon, he would take twice as long as I do, and we all know it.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff