Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:55 pm
"You gotta eat slower, baby boy," Kinye instructed Canvas gently, the bronze half balanced on his hind legs as he nipped entreatingly at the scrap the young woman held in her hand just beyond his snout. "Gentle, sweetie. This one isn't for you." Still, he tried to follow her hand as the next morsel was offered out to the more ginger-toothed brown Fresco - who had it for maybe half a moment before Canvas snatched it away. "Hey!" Kinye chided, gently bapping his nose to retrieve it and again offering it to a much more cautious Fresco.

In the meanwhile, her little blue Ebauche had scuffled over to see what Lusialu and her own coterie were up to, peeping at her in greeting.

"I feel like if I blink there will be three more," she half-laughed to her friend.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:05 pm
Lusialu looked over to where Kinye sat, playing with her darling green Seaglass, while Honeycomb stared red-eyed at Canvas, Fresco. The red wasn't out of anger--but hunger. He wanted what Canvas and Fresco were having, but it was only Lusialu's periodic reminder to stay that had him still as a statue. Never mind the periodic, pathetic creel that escaped.

Where Seaglass had been content getting some cuddles with Hers, the arrival of Ebauche did have the pale green stir. She peeked curiously abe Ebauche, before giving a happy little cheep in return. Unraveling herself from her spot, the curious little green stretched out her neck, hoping for a closer look. Friend?

"I don't think that would be all that bad," Lusialu mused, even as she tried to coax Honeycomb away from his staring. It didn't work. The little bronze wasn't budging, even with Ebauche near. "I kind of would like another one or two, if I'm being honest. Need to catch up to Elibrie and you, at minimum!" She smiled, eyes bright. She felt less jealous than some of her fellow Candidates now that she had Seaglass--but Lusialu did have a jealous streak, and she couldn't help but want what her friends had. Having a few more flits would, at minimum, give her something to stand out apart from C'lusi and Alumet.

"Whatever you've got on the menu over there has Honeycomb completely transfixed, I'll have you know. Clearly, I never give him any treats and he's starved, poor neglected thing."

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:08 pm
Ebauche returned the little inquisitive creel from Seaglass, half balancing on his hind legs to lean out and sniff her. Friend!

"That's true when they're well behaved like he is," Kinye nodded towards Honeycomb, his hungering gaze not going unnoticed. "What do you think, Fresco? Should we share with your Papa?" she asked her little brown, who simply whistled back at her with a certain lack of understanding of the intricacies of her statement. "Look at him, wasting away-" she added in line with Lusialu's own jest about her little bronze.

Shredding another piece of meat from the dried stick of jerky she'd been sharing between her own trio, she'd wait for permission before offering it to Honeycomb.

"I think I'm all in at these three, though. But I'll remember you want another one or two if any of these guys surprise me."

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:07 pm
Seaglass' eyes whirled a bright blue, and she scooted a little closer, reaching over so she might boop at his nose. Her wings did partially unfurl, a clear indication the green might very well take off from Lusialu's cot and entice Ebauche into a game of chase--assuming the little flit might be so willing.

Honeycomb was clever enough to at least know when he was being discussed--or at least, seemed to know that the new strip of meat was not being offered to any of the others. It was simply there--which meant it might well be for him! Shifting from foot to foot, the little bronze tried to stretch his neck even farther. One more pitiful creel. Surely, Kinye would have pity on him--and just the smallest bit of drool appeared from the corner of his maw.

Lusialu gave a laugh. "Oh dear. Now he's just being rude--stop that, Honey! You shouldn't beg." Still, she did look over at Kinye and give a small nod. "If you can manage to part with a bit, I'm sure he'll be grateful--assuming it won't upset your lot to share." She didn't want anyone getting territorial, as Honeycomb did have his moods.

"You're only catching him on a good day. Sometimes he's obstinate and refuses to behave--but, he's mostly a good boy. This little girl is much less stubborn, thankfully." Still, having one or two more sounded more than fine to her. They were good company, for all that they required bathing, oiling, and lots of attention. She liked that they cuddled up against her at night, and they were always so assuring when she felt pangs of envy over her siblings. Alumet and her queen, C'lusi and his blue, and both of them with babies... It was hard not to feel like she'd somehow missed the chance of doing something amazing.

All she could hope was the most perfect, most darling green, might seek her out. Then, at least, she could be a rider--even if Threadfall and Between lessons were a little intimidating. "Your lot certainly makes for a pretty trio, though. I hadn't expected Honeycomb to catch anyone, much less so young--but it was a fun surprise."

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:56 pm
Ebauche let out a wheezy half-honk, almost as though he hadn't put enough oomph behind it to actually get the sound out properly as he spread his own wings, giving them a test flap and half-swaying in his partial-stance of investigation.

"Oh, no. They're not so starved or so spoiled for that, fortunately," Kinye said, half-laughing at the pathetic act that Honeycomb was putting on for her in hopes that it would be rewarded. "Yes, yes. It's for you, handsome boy," she urged, leaning forward so the morsel was just a bit closer to him. Hopefully Honeycomb wouldn't take off her fingers while grabbing it.

Fresco let out his own cheep of dismay that the food was getting farther away from him and Kinye nudged the brown with her elbow. "You better not copy him now that you see this working," she warned.

"I think so, though I'm entirely biased," Kinye laughed, attention half looking between the three boys. "I'd probably barely have one if it weren't for being here at the Weyr." They felt as familiar as dragons were but she'd seen enough awestruck looks on the faces of holdborn candidates to have at least half a grasp on how special of a world she got to live in.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff