Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:57 pm
How the Mighty Have Fallen
Username: Rita Zyon
Soquili Name: Ludwig
Familiar Name: Lisbet
Personalities:
Lisbet is outgoing, friendly, and supportive. She has a temper, something that she is working on managing. She is good with children and enjoys regaling them with stories of her and Ludwig's new adventures. She is affectionate with those she is close with (so mostly just Ludwig). She isn't the type to settle down but, she hopes to one day have loads of children and grandchildren.

Ludwig is quiet and pensive. He struggles now with confidence. He often thinks about his choices and worries constantly over whether he made the right decision or not. He is still quite vain, taking great pride in his appearance. He trusts Lisbet the most and likes to see her happy. He would like to have a happy ending though knows that is unlikely for him. He can be brusque with his words but, he is trying to be kinder - with those around him and also towards himself.

History Together:
They grew up together. They were always meant to be a pair. Two pairs of twins - he and his sister, and her and her brother. Their families were endlessly intertwined with each other - generations of Soquili twins and wolf twins. There were no words hidden from each other, they were each other's closest confidante. Secrets would bring down their bond as would separate decisions. They were stronger together.

He was young and foolish. He got mixed up with the wrong Soquili and familiars. They were a charming group of travellers with a great many admirers, Ludwig among them. The leader was charismatic and captivating. Lisbet never liked the group but, agreed with Ludwig's choice to join them. The requests from the group were small at first: assist a mother and her foals, tell a story to a flock of pretty mares, and find a source of water.

He became so fixated at proving himself to this merry band of travellers that he started to push Lisbet away. She was concerned by his reluctance to return home, and by his change in behaviour. His goal was to become part of the leader's inner circle. However, by doing so he lost sight of who he was. Ludwig fell further into the traveller's trap until it was too late. He had been quiet, confident, and pensive. The longer he spent fulfilling requests from the inner members of the herd, the more cunning and callous he became.

He was competing with other members, all of them vying for a spot in the inner circle. It didn't matter who you hurt, so long as you completed their requests. The requests grew more challenging the longer he travelled and lived with them. It pained him to steal, to threaten, and to swindle other familiars and Soquili out of their prized possessions. He ignored that guilty feeling and pushed Lisbet even further away.

One day Lisbet came to him and begged him to leave. They fought and Ludwig prevailed as victor. He didn't feel like a winner as he watched Lisbet leave in the night, alone. All he wanted was to become a part of the inner circle, it was all he could focus on. Once he reached his goal the lonelier he felt. He couldn't trust any of them and any sign of weakness was detrimental.

He worked hard to maintain his cold and harsh attitude as he started his new role - now he gave out requests to newcomers. How far he had come or was it how far he had fallen? As a rosy cheeked mare looked up at him, eyes sparkling, Ludwig realized he didn't want to order her to flirt with a stallion while others stole from his garden of herbs. So he didn't.

He supposed it wasn't a surprise when he was ambushed that night. But, in a way it was a surprise as he expected the ambush to come from the other members of their travelling herd. Instead, the ambush came from some of his victims. Soquili that he had distracted while they were blindly robbed, Soquili that he had maliciously threatened because they owed payment, and Soquili that he had carefully observed and manipulated for the benefit of the herd.

As he lay afterward on the cold, wet grass, rain pouring down around him, all he could think was that he deserved it. His glowing eyes closed, as his chest heaved in pain. Was he going to die, out here alone? A just punishment, he thought. His eyes slowly opened and he starred with unfocused eyes at the red glow in front of him. The red glow started out as a small speck in the dark night but, grew closer to him. Ludwig didn't deserve to see her again after everything he had done.

"I have fallen so far Lisbet. Cast out of heaven, no, I see it so clearly now, it was hell. I know I'm selfish after everything I've done but, I'm glad you're here." He choked out. His face was wet, rain mixed with tears. He didn't deserve her. Lisbet curled up by his side, her warmth comforting.

"You have fallen so far and yet, so have I. I abandoned you. I knew I shouldn't have left but, I was furious with you for choosing them. I couldn't quench my rage, it was like a black mass hovered over me since our separation and clouded my mind. I lashed out at so many that tried to help me. I thought I was better alone. I hate it Ludwig, you know me. I can't stand being alone." Lisbet despaired. "I'm glad I'm with you again too."

They laid like that in the dark night. They had been together since the beginning. They had made decisions that would haunt them for the rest of their lives. Now cast away they were united once more. Their bond renewed, the Soquili and familiar were hopeful for the future.

Potential Plots:

1.) A new beginning - Ludwig lives through the night and Lisbet finds a healer to help him regain his strength. They will spend this time talking and repairing their relationship with each other.

2.) Fear - Ludwig and Lisbet are in uncertain territory. They see those that need help but, they are reluctant to help out. Due to their past, they fear inflicting any more harm on others. One day though, they see someone (or maybe a group) in need and they decide to lend their assistance. It goes easier than expected and the pair find they enjoy helping out.

3.) Haunted - Nightmares often come for Lisbet and Ludwig. They go on a quest to find ways to have a well-rested night sleep. Finding someone that can provide a herbal remedy will be useful or even someone that understands dreams/nightmares and can talk with them about it.

4.) Re-connection - Ludwig and Lisbet will search for those they once knew. Family, old friends, perhaps even members that left the travellers herd.

5.) Atonement - Throughout the rest of their lives they will try to atone for everything that happened. Finding those they hurt and finding ways to atone for their actions will something they will want to do. The goal is that they will be a travelling duo that will provide aid to those in need, freely.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:29 pm
Username: ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Soquili Name: Daedalus "The Damned" [Daedalus: A Latin form of the Greek daidalos, meaning "cunning worker."]
Familiar Name: Ammon "The Fallen" [Ammon: A Greek form of the Egyptian yamanu, meaning "the hidden one."]
Personalities:
  • A stallion of great intellect, Daedalus was originally brought onto the council because of his sharp mind and attention to detail. He's very perceptive and meticulous in all of his planning. Daedalus was a considerate individual before his fall from grace, keeping others feelings in mind before speaking. But now? He's candid and vocal, no longer willing to stay quiet for the sake of others, and is thoroughly enjoying this newfound life of no restrictions. Fighting, killing, stealing, seducing? Oh, nothing is off limits now, a fact that he keeps stored in the back of his mind, new possibilities and options. Once a complacent dove, Daedalus is now a bird with crooked wings, placing doubt in the minds of others and going against everything that he previously stood for. He despises talk of angels, the heavens, and anything holy and will chime in with his own thoughts on the matter, often times causing others to question their beliefs and all that is good in the world. After the events in heaven, Daedalus has also evolved into a stallion that will rarely show mercy in matters involving life and death. He tried being merciful once, and look where that got him. No more!

• Ammon, Daedalus' newfound friend, is similar in many ways. A quick and decisive individual, Ammon was used as a messenger due to his ability to commit most things to memory. He isn't the friendliest, however, and usually keeps to himself unless he has to talk with you. Keeping quiet and moving like a shadow, Ammon tends to leave others feeling... unnerved, as if they're being watched at all times. Which, it turns out, is usually the case. After their fall from heaven, the two trust each other with their lives, and Ammon would lay down his life for the young angel with no regrets. Ammon tends to agree with Daedalus on most matters and is often supportive (or, at the very least, tolerant) of his friend's actions.

History Together:
Daedalus once served among a council of angelic beings, working together in order to better the world.

At least, they were supposed to work together. One of the youngest of the group, Daedalus' ideas were constantly pushed to the side, his suggestions ignored and comments hushed by those around him. He dealt with this behavior, time and time again, until it became too much to handle, until something in him finally snapped. What was the point of being brought into this fold when they failed to make use of his knowledge and skills, failed to even listen to him? All he was ever allowed (or, rather, expected) to do was voice his support for their ideas, never his own. This could go on no longer. He would be heard, at last, even if it required drastic measures. If he took out the eldest, the leader of the group, the one that chose to silence him so often, perhaps then he would have a chance to speak. This was a delicate scheme though, one that required patience.

Decision made, the young angel began to weave his plan together.

A nameless wolf, a quiet messenger for the angel that Daedalus plotted against, eventually took notice of the stallion's secretive glances towards his master. The wolf thought it might be some sort of hidden affection or even concern at first, but watching Daedalus from the shadows every so often, the messenger noticed that the young stallion held a rather... calculating look in his eyes. A devious look. He was studying the older mare, planning on doing something...

The wolf approached Daedalus one evening.

Startling him with his sudden appearance, the wolf commented on the young stallion's "failure to hide his ill intent" with a shake of his head. He looked over the stallion for a moment, a heavy pause that left clever Daedalus nervous for once, before he finally offered his assistance - whatever Daedalus needed to put a stop to the mare, he was willing to lend a helping hand. When questioned about his intentions - his offer, what he knew, all of it - the wolf began to explain his own situation. He, too, had grown tired of the elderly mare, who found it easy in recent years to throw her weight around and lord above her peers because of her experience and age. He held no love for the one they plotted against, not an ounce, for he was constantly assigned tasks by the old angel and expected to fulfil his duties like a good little hound, never once shown any form of appreciation. Most of these tasks consisted of delivering messages, every. single. day. To make matters worse, the angel had failed to even give him a proper name, simply calling him "messenger," as if that was all he was. Not a familiar, not a friend, not even a pet - just a mere messenger. He was sick and and tired of it.

Weighing his options, considering all of the things that could go right and wrong, Daedalus finally made the decision to trust the wolf. His companion needed a name, however - "wolf" and "messenger" just wouldn't do. So the angel proposed one that he thought fitting, based on the clever wolf's actions: Ammon, "the hidden one." The two began to work together in secrecy, careful about their every movement and action as they planned the downfall of the council's elder.

Days rolled by, months even, and the duo finally sprung into action, striking the older soquili down in a rare moment where she had strayed from the rest of the group. Away from the eyes of others they fought, a flurry of gnashing teeth and hooves in the night. Digging his fangs into the old mare's throat, pinning her to the ground with all of the strength he possessed, Ammon presented Daedalus with the opportunity to strike a final blow. "Please..." The mare gasped, struggling for breath as she asked for mercy, appealing to the younger angel's kind nature.

"Having a hard time talking for once? What a shame." Daedalus looked down upon her, a scowl on his face as he weighed his options. If he pulled the right strings, they could get what they wanted and she could live... He lashed out, a hoof falling near the mare's face. A warning. "There are going to need to be some changes around here. The alternative, unfortunately, is death." He motioned for Ammon to loosen his grip, the wolf doing so with a deep rumble, a warning of his own to the mare. "First, Ammon will no longer be your messenger. He's not some pup to be ordered around." The mare's eyes shifted between her two attackers, fearful and nervous. "Along with this, I-" Daedalus was interrupted as the mare kicked wildly, the well-aimed sweep of her leg knocking her foe to the ground as she let out a cry for help.

"Daedalus, my boy, get up!" Ammon ordered, teeth bared as he attempted to block the mare's escape. "Up! Quickly!"

A sudden outcry, familiar voices joining in, and another body slamming into his own tore Daedalus away from whatever chance they had left at salvaging the situation - all of their planning and hard work over the last few months, gone in an instant. The two had failed. He had failed.

The angels and their surviving leader were furious with the duo, their actions deemed vile, unholy, evil. Daedalus spat at their feet and was finally able to speak, shouting insults, obscenities, and critique at his fellow angels. Couldn't they see?! They had driven him to do all of this, driven Ammon to do this, their actions had caused this turn of events! Hell, if their sorry excuse for a leader had just allowed others to speak, or even considered the feelings of the messenger that had served her so dutifully all these years, all of this could have been avoided! Yet they had done nothing, had failed to take any action... It was all so clear to Daedalus now, as he gazed upon his fellow angels: the heavens were filled with spineless, weak-minded individuals. He and Ammon were above them, no longer belonged with them.

Binding Daedalus with whatever they could find, they took his sight with a flash of light before casting him from the heavens. Snarling at the angels and avoiding their attempts at subduing him as they had poor Daedalus, Ammon quickly followed after his friend. The wolf worked swiftly to free his companion, tugging and ripping at the cloth wrapped around his wings to allow him the ability to fly again. He would stay by the stallion's side, and he would not let him fall alone.

Potential Plots:
  • Being, y'know, blinded by light right before he was kicked out of the council, Daedalus' descent from the heavens was rough. Even with Ammon's assistance, Daedalus still ends up crash landing pretty badly in the woods! Taking such a tumble, he's all bruised and banged up, and who knows if he has any fractures or broken bones. Having to rely on Ammon as his eyes for a bit (he'll gain his sight back eventually), I imagine Ammon would try to find some sort of healer for his friend ASAP. Alternatively, causing such a disruption in the middle of a forest, maybe a passerby goes to investigate and finds Ammon struggling to help his friend up?

• Fallen and damned, Daedalus has had enough of his life as a good little angel, and with Ammon at his side, they're going to raise a little hell. Daedalus will begin to plants seeds of doubt into the minds of soquili across the land, anyone he encounters, crushing any ideas of perfect angels and beautiful heavens. In addition to this, they'll encourage delinquent behavior, absolutely anything that the holy would frown upon.

• Have a sweet mare? A kindhearted stallion? Someone likeminded? Or, possibly, a soquili even more devious than Daedalus himself? Far from the reach of heaven and his fellow angels, Daedalus will most likely try his hand at sweettalking others and having a few one-night stands. Ammon will probably roll his eyes and go off hunting for the day, but hey, Daedalus has never been able to do this sort of thing before and there's nothing stopping him from having a bit of fun on the side...

• Unlike his companion, Ammon is more of a "I probably have a soulmate out there somewhere..." kind of guy. I could see him finding true love one day via a chance encounter with someone. It would be interesting if they were, say... a perfectly normal wolf living an ordinary life, compared to his? Or maybe even someone with twists, or a personality that normally steers others away from them? There's all kinds of ways this could go!

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 pm
Username: Niyaru Delacroix
Soquili Name:Seriphos
Familiar Name:Batair
Personalities:
Seriphos was clumsy and awkward as a foal, he had a hunger for adventure and the world. He could never get anywhere fast enough and always ran at full speed. It didn't matter if he tripped along the way, he always got back up and continued his journey. He never backed down from a challenge, he would just figure out another way around it. If he was to small to climb a cliff, he would search for another way to the top. His wonder for the world ran as deep as his love for knowledge. He always wanted to know everything about anything. He constantly had questions for both Batair, his parents and sometimes even random ponies. There was nothing that was going to stop him from fulfilling his desires. As he grew out of foalhood, he became a different kind of awkward. He became aware that his neck spikes made him stand out in a way he didn't enjoy. The kind of stares he would see pointed in his direction and the whispers made him shrink away from others. He became more of a home body, not really leaving for exploration anymore or seeing his friends. Batair was always there for him more than ever during this time and made him feel a little better about himself.

Batair has always been something of a shepherd for Seriphos even as a pup. He has guided and protected him as he tried to determine his role in life. The wolf had to become a fast learner as to keep up with the stallion as they grew. Thankfully the stallion being much older has slowed down a bit, not zipping all over constantly. He has become a little relaxed and comfortable taking things at their own pace instead of racing after Seriphos anymore. He has also learned to be patient and empathetic, a listening ear for him when his parents were to busy or just not around.

History Together: Their history and connection to each other started when both were young. Seriphos' parents' familiars love for each other was as great as his parent's love for each other, if not more. It was as if fate had connected them together long before they were born. Both his parents and their familiars made a pact: their foals could bond with their wolf pups.
They wanted, out of their love for one another, to make sure that each side would always be protected and loved. When the happy day arrived both sides were met with a surprise when there was only one wolf pup & one foal. It was taken as a sign that they were likely meant for one another.

As the boys grew older, the horses and their familiars watched with amusement as the poor pup was left chasing after the foal. Seriphos had a drive for adventure and was constantly looking for things to see and do. The pup was more content staying close to home and safety. There were times the need for adventure and exploring did get them into some trouble but they always managed to figure their way out.

As a young adult, Seriphos' horns on his neck started to grow as his head horns grew bigger.
He felt self-conscious and uncomfortable with exploring any more for fear that others would become scared. He enjoyed talking and playing with others.
He had gone to his parents'; they were proud and comfortable with their appearances.His parents told him he was being foolish and that the others would come around. Batair heard him though and for the first time in their lives, left and went out into the world on his own. He did of course come back to Seriphos but he came bearing a gift. It was two long pieces of scarf that he could wrap around himself to hide the horns. The stallion was over the moon, he had chose to use one for his neck and then the other for his tail so it wouldn't look to suspicious.

Potential Plots:
Adult hood! He has to figure out his path as an adult and hopefully become less awkward, both socially and physically.

I'd love for him to become friends with a lot of different characters / personalities

Find love outside of his family of course biggrin

I want him to rise and become comfortable with his appearance, get to the point where he is proud to show his family' lineage.

It would be awesome to see him develop a sense of adventure and wonder for the world again.

I'd like to see a challenge for him arise that would make him realize he has lots more to learn and its not something he can weasel his way out.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Username: AislingJuno

Soquili Name: Himmel (German for Sky and heaven)

Familiar Name: Hölle (German for hell)

Personalities:

Himmel was the embodiment of the Blessed. Like many of the Blessed, he was born with a strong stature and a keen mind. He values intelligence and honor but originally, he was too naïve and trusting of others. Himmel loves all creatures, which makes the changes that occur to mind especially frighting. After the fall Himmel becomes secretive and withdrawn, part of this is because he does not trust himself around other creatures. He is always battling the voices that speak in his head and often questions his own reality.

Hölle is originally from the soq lands but his glowing eyes make other members of the blessed fear him. When Hölle flew into blessed territory he was struck by a member of the blessed who injured one of his wings. Himmel found the injured wolf but was not scared of his glowing eyes and nursed Hölle back to health. The two have been inseparable ever since. Hölle is spunky with a wicked sense of humor that enjoys playing tricks. Hölle distrusts most soq and has a penance for nipping both soq and other creatures that upset him. Hölle is extremely protective of Himmel and is used to calming Himmel when Himmel has a mental breakdown.

History Together:

The glory of heaven is a mirage. There is darkness among those deemed heavenly. Some angles smile with dead eyes while their minds think wicked thoughts. Yet there can be good in those deemed evil, who have been unjustly persecuted. When the righteous are devious, falling from heaven can be a blessing.

Himmel was a typical member of the Blessed Herd. His dark ebony wings were considered unusual but not atypical for others of the blessed had been born with silver, brown, or even grey wings. As a young adult Himmel was driven by his need to protect others. As a youth, he accepted the position of secrets keeper, a job that involved counseling members of the Blessed.

The Blessed are soq that are raised believing they are the personification of the spirit of the sky. They are taught they are the superior beings that are charged with taking care of all the soq(exception cursed and uncharmed walkers) that live in the soq lands. However, because they consider themselves superior, they have a difficult time expressing negative emotions. Himmel as a secret keeper never passed judgment on other soq. Even when Blessed soq told him terrible secrets he held their secrets for them. He believed that even if Blessed soq thought themselves superior they were just flesh and blood. Thus, members of the herd could make mistakes and they at heart were fundamentally good.

When Himmel found the injured Hölle he felt it was his mission to protect the wolf. Himmel understood that the other blessed herd member had hurt Hölle out of fear. However, he did not understand that his actions would cause a cataclysmic change in his life. For not, all Blessed soq are kind. Some Blessed soq have traitorous hearts and wicked thoughts. The naive Himmel overlooked that some soq enjoy violence.

Betrüger the male soq that hurt Hölle had previously hurt others, Betrüger had become addicted to inflicting harm on the defenseless. During a counseling secession, Betrüger gloated to Himmel about the feeling of pleasure he received when seeing blood flow. Himmel was aghast when he heard about Betrüger’s wicked deeds. However, as a secret keeper he was bound by duty to keep the herd's secrets. Only madness awaited a secret keeper who broke the oath and spilled his/her secrets. Of course, Betrüger knew this and repeatedly gloated in front of Himmel about his exploits. Himmel despaired and feel into a deep depression.

Eventually, he concluded he could no longer stay silent the other soq was a monster. Himmel told the Elders of the herd all the terrible secrets Betrüger had confided in him. For his sins the elders banished Betrüger and wrapped his wings in unbreakable chains, denying him his most precious gift flight. Nevertheless, little could be done to help Himmel, he had broken a sworn oath. By speaking the truth, he was now cursed to fall and face insanity.

Himmel than fell his one companion the wolf that had started this chain of events. His eyes are now red because of his cursed state and his thoughts tangled. Since voices now ring in his head Himmel has a hard time differentiating between reality and dreams. Once a guardian of the soq land, he now hides in a cave to protect others from himself.

Potential Plots:

The fairy flower: Himmel overhears that there exists an illusmise blossom plant in the Seelie Court. However, the Seelie are a secretive group and few know the way into their realm. If he finds the plant, he can cure the curse of insanity.

In whispers: Himmel overhears rumors of a soq committing harm throughout the soq lands. The soq has chains wrapped around his wings. Can Himmel gather enough of his wits to finally be able to stop Betrüger. The elders should have done more than banish this killer.

Love or loyalty: Hölle finds a female wolf who stirs his heart but to mate with her he would have to leave Himmel. Does he choose loyalty or love?

The Demon: Around the woods, there is a rumor that a demon resides in a cave. Soq avoid the cave except for one young teenager. On a bet, the male enters the cave and discovers the beast. However, was the beast as truly demonic as the rumor’s state. Is this a chance for a soq to befriend the fallen Himmel?  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:24 am
So, clearly all of you hate me and want to cause me pain. I want to give all of you everything possible. I'm so impressed by everyone's creativity to this prompt. I feel like a proud momma! crying But alas, I'm just your local resident RP Manager and can only make one person the winner. Please know that this was insanely difficult to judge and I had to get additional opinions too!

Congrats AislingJuno! You win my heart this round, and a soquili and familiar to boot!
AislingJuno

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces