[Writing] Fallen (Closed - Winner Announced!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fallen Angel (Colored by Uta) || Spooky Wolf (Colored by Uta)

Opens: 10/5/2020 @ 12:00AM ET
Closes: 10/10/2020 @11:59PM ET

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:35 pm
The Game
These two have been together since day one. A pair so united, that even when they fell from the heavens their bond has never been stronger. Who are they? Who were they? And where do you feel they'll be going?

The Rules
  1. This is a writing contest for both the soquili, and the familiar. To enter you must not have won either your soquili or familiar freebies.
  2. No proxies
  3. You may edit your post up to closing. When the timeframe ends, I will lock the thread and announce the winner
  4. If you win elsewhere for either soquili or familiar, and need to remove yourself from the running, strike out your post and notate it at the top please
  5. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a DM on discord, or PM on gaia.

The Form

How the Mighty Have Fallen
Username:
Soquili Name:
Familiar Name:
Personalities:
History Together:
Potential Plots: (optional, but if you have ideas I'd love to read them!)

[size=14][b][color=red]How the Mighty Have Fallen[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Soquili Name:[/b]
[b]Familiar Name:[/b]
[b]Personalities:[/b]
[b]History Together:[/b]
[b]Potential Plots:[/b] (optional, but if you have ideas I'd love to read them!)

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:00 am
Username: Melomar
Soquili Name: Lamech Phantasmal
Familiar Name: Erkin Phantasmal
Personalities:
Lamech (Romantic) : This is a biblical name, meaning "to make low" in Hebrew. Phantasmal means having the nature of a phantasm: an illusion or apparition. He is a Romantic at heart though his experiences have left him bitter and cynical, lamenting the love he once lost and now considers an illusion. He can be very harsh and brooding at times like these.

Erkin (Fun-Loving) : This is a Turkish name meaning "free." Erkin is Fun-Loving and free. A wandering soul, he has entrapped Lamech into this lifestyle that neglects many problems but helps set aside vain worries. However, he is like an anchor into reality and literal voice of conscience and logic to Lamech, whose emotions will often get the better of him.
History Together:
Lamech and Erkin were an angelic pair sent down from heaven to monitor the Kawani lands. It was an important mission and they were full of youthful vigor and thought they could accomplish anything. Erkin was Lamech's assistant, as he was good at reminding Lamech when something was due, or the fine details of rules and laws, that sort of thing. Lamech had beautiful "handwriting" when he used his magic to write, and he was eloquent and studious as well as valiant.

While they were stationed on earth, Lamech fell in love with a mare of the Kawani lands. Erkin warned against pursuing that mare because the laws forbade angels from fraternizing with indigenous beings like the mare. He strongly advised a trip away from the region the mare was from. Lamech listened, and they took their studies with them on the road. But even far away from her, traveling constantly, and always busy, Lamech could think only of her. His focus slipped and he lost his former efficiency. So they returned to their original post and Erkin intended to confront the mare-- just as soon as he finished filing and sending out paperwork that had backed up in their absence.

Lamech's romance was a whirlwind thing; it was powerful, his all, and it swept him away. He thought their relationship was everything. He thought it was strong and would stand the test of time. So when he was inevitably caught, he was brought before the supreme being in heaven. Defiant, rebellious, his courage was unrivaled at the time. But for his severe disobedience, he was cast down from heaven, and when he landed he found himself on the Northern Mountain of the Kawani lands.

Meanwhile, Lamech's fate was unknown at the time to Erkin. So he went along with his plan, confronted the mare and tried to reason with her. She was a sensible girl and really did not want Lamech to sacrifice himself for her sake, so she agreed to break things off the next time she met with him.

His mission complete for the time being, Erkin returned to heaven to meet with Lamech only to discover that his advice was for naught and his partner was gone forever. Erkin showed a similar level of courage, not to stand up for himself, but to stand up for Lamech. He wished to be with no other than Lamech and asked to remain by his side. He promised to try and win his salvation, but if Lamech continued to undermine the will of heaven, Erkin would join Lamech in exile.

Lamech tried to find the mare he loved. He wanted to be with her for all time. But he now lived on the Northern Mountain, a place whose myths are shrouded in mystery and danger. It was not for the faint of heart, and while he found that he could live there comfortably, he began to change. When he found his lady and approached, the mountain and the shadow in his heart came with him. What reflected from his soul was a vision of monstrosity. His lady had planned to break up with Lamech on friendly terms. But when she saw the darkness in his heart that had grown from such a beautiful love, she denounced him and his evil, and she fled in terror.

The experience has left Lamech bitter and cynical. Who knows if his darkened heart will heal? His only friend is Erkin, who remains by his side no matter how monstrous he may become. Or will he be saved? Who can know at this time?

Potential Plots:
Find that mare! I want him to see both the illusions and the truths about the love that changed his life. Was what he just caught up in the emotions of the moment? Was it a true love? Maybe that mare he loved was smaller, flawed, and shallow in comparison to what he expected. Or, perhaps this mare is just as brave as him and will put him in his place for all that he has done. This plot, whatever the outcome, will probably make him more cynical.

Love over time. I want him to learn that love of any kind is about give and take, courtesy of his relationship with Erkin. Or perhaps Erkin is too close to him and he overlooks the needs of his friend. Whatever the case, they share a deep bond and love each other like brothers. There will be good times and bad, arguments and fights, making up, playing and snuggling: things that siblings or close friends may do.

Find love! I want him to find someone who can show him that love does not always end in disaster. It can be beautiful and romantic and maybe even have a happy ending. But it is the kind of thing that will wither and die without sacrifices and friendship. This may be the same mare as before, I am open to that!

He helps build a herd that is very inclusive to any and all, including (charmed) skinwalkers! So that whole idea of opening your heart to others and exercising that level of trust that allows someone join your family, it will be part of his story. (This is a plot that will happen with or without him.)

Children! He will be very involved in his children's lives, helping their mother raise them (I hope). What lessons will he teach them? Will he still be cynical and teach them to be wary of love, or will he teach them that love conquers all? I don't know yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:33 am
Username: techabyte
Soquili Name: Iroquois - African American God. God of evil.
Familiar Name: Taíno - African American God. A dog-shaped god that watched over the dead.

Personalities:
xxxxx Iroquois is suave, and charming. He can talk anyone into doing most anything he wants, just with a few kind words and a tone that seems to breath life into those that linger near him. He just has some odd way with people that no one fully understands, but oh, does Iroquois know. He knows exactly what he's doing. With every kind word, he's growing stronger; he's gaining followers and power. And he's making his wants known. Every kindness is just a ruse; a lie that slips easily from his lips and into the ear of the unexpected.
xxxxx He has never been known for being nice. Fake nice, sure, but once he has earned your trust, he will use whatever benefits you have to give for his own plans. He never lingers on one Soquili for long, often times passing by like a whisper on the wind. He is selfish and cocky, knowing that he can get what he wants in his own ways, and that he doesn't have to do what others say in order to achieve his goals. His overbearing nature can sometimes turn people off from him, but he usually can manage to real himself back and put his charm back on. He is confident in most everything he does, and can rarely be drawn off his path.
xxxxx When he looses his temper, Iroquois is a sight. His feathers tend to puff out and his eyes seem to almost glow brighter. He grows violent and just mean. Words slip from him like a knife and cut deep, and he aims to hurt. If he can cause lifelong damage then all the better. Though it takes a lot to get him to this point. The only real beings that have usually gotten him to this point have been Angeni; they stand in his way and he doesn't like that at all.

xxxxx Taíno is quiet and calm, often seen as a watcher. He looks out for Iroquois. Not in a manner of protection, but in a manner of servitude. He owes his life to the fallen Angeni, you see, and if Iroquois wants something, he will be sure to do his best to please him. He is eager to attack, often doing so without even an order, and doesn't seem to think before he acts. This gets him in trouble with Iroquois sometimes, but his loyalty is strong. He would rather die than let disappointment settle between the two.
xxxxx He doesn't talk much. Taíno learned that his tongue is not as sharp as Iroquois. And though he can easily hold a basic conversation with some of the followers, he can't trick his way into someone's mind like the stallion. He usually just follows the lead of Iroquois and thinks nothing of it.

History Together:
xxxxx A long time ago, there was a great war. Many fought each other, and Angeni tried their hardest to protect the lands assigned to them. The Angeni's won, of course. And that was all fine and well. But one woke up from the battlefield. He didn't remember anything about what was going on. His name was lost to him, his purpose nothing more than a fuzzy dream cast along his mind. He stared at the bloodshed, the fallen that had fought the war, and his confusion was evident on his face. A voice came to him then, like a whisper in his mind, or perhaps someone speaking into the wind to be carried to him. "You must take revenge on those that have trapped us; those that have hurt us. Corrupt them, my son, and make them powerful. Teach them that there is no one that can stand between you and the power that will awaken."
xxxxx The words had confused the Fallen Angeni, but he accepted them as his own personal mantra. While walking the path alone, he stumbled upon many that were barely hanging onto life. And he knew he couldn't help them. So he gave them mercy; the kiss of the angel of death. He eventually found a fallen wolf, rejected by its pack. When he questioned the wolf about the injuries and pain it possessed, he was startled by the answer. His pack had told the winged wolf that he was cursed. The only pup of the litter to look as strangely as he did. As evil. Iroquois snorted at the thought, before leaning down to whisper soft words to the injured creature. "They will never harm you again. In fact, I will do everything within my power to ensure of that. No one will ever harm us. Stick with me, winged one, and you will get everything your heart desires."
xxxxx They were inseparable from then on.

xxxxx Iroquois stayed near Taíno from then on out. He waited till the wolf was healed before they moved on from the bloody battle ground. Many stared at them oddly, questioned the look of the dark looking angel. They didn't understand what was going on. And honestly, Iroquois didn't either. Until one day he found another, twisted and uncertain of their future. He watched as people ridiculed and attacked him, made him feel weak and powerless. It angered him, made Iroquois fuel with rage. He waited till nightfall though, quiet and patient. He had to wait; as if he approached now it wouldn't bring power to the poor stallion that was alone in the world.
xxxxx Taíno was the first to approach, ensuring no others were around. He introduced Iroquois like some God, and when the stallion saw the Fallen, he was confused for a moment. But Iroquois explained what he was there for. That he would not stand for people being hurt like this, for no reason. That he would not stand for those that were different to be showered with pain and possibly death. He told the stallion that he would give him strength unimaginable. That the stallion would be able to defeat any who dare opposed him; so long as he pledged himself to Iroquois' cause. The stallion agreed.
xxxxx Together, the three took down those that caused harm. They returned the pain and hate that was given ten fold, eventually killing any that dared to fight them back. The blood fueled Iroquois even further, and he knew. He knew what the voice meant before.
xxxxx "This is what I am meant to do. This world, is filled with darkness and hatred. It's broken. Damned. I will cleanse it. I will kill any that dare to stand up to me. I will protect the broken, beaten, defeated, the outcast. I will avenge my brethren and show everyone that Iroquois is not to be trifled with!"
xxxxx "Or I'll die trying."

Potential Plots:
xxxxx ❖ Iroquois has long since forgotten his life before the war; everything has been a blur to him. Every once in a while though, he will have vivid dreams; like things he has lived before, or faces he remembers. When this happens, he demands to know what is going on. He wants to know who he was before the war, even if it may ruin him.
xxxxx ❖ Curious about their relationship, Taíno and Iroquois are trying to learn why it is they are drawn to each other in such a way. Did they know each other from before? Did someone see something? Was Taíno reborn? Perhaps there is someone out there who knows. It's an eternal search.
xxxxx ❖ Anytime Iroquois sees someone who he thinks he could use to gain power, or to grow his followers, he tends to listen; to watch and pay attention and see if they can be manipulated. He uses Taíno as a sort of spy at times as well. I want him to work toward gathering as many of his "angels" as he can.
xxxxx ❖ A herd is on the horizon as he continues to grow his group. He hasn't discriminated against any aside from Angeni, as if they found out his true purpose he would lose his momentum and have to fight, which could start losses. So the hunt is on for him to find someplace to call their own, someplace safe, defendable. Someplace for him to lead.
xxxxx ❖ A war is on the horizon, he can smell it. And he has to prepare before then. That may mean even making a few heirs. Though he seems to be picky about who he spends his personal time with. Can any seem to weasel their way into the Fallen's black heart?  

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 pm
Username: Erina_Nobara
Soquili Name: Arcanyx (formerly known only as ‘The Book Keeper’‘ before his fall)
Familiar Name: Umbra (He got his name because he was practically Arcanyx’s shadow. He followed him everywhere.)
Personalities: Arcanyx- He is very kind, he worries about his friend Umbra a lot. They are besties. Smart. And dutiful. He does his job from day to day without question.

Umbra-Arcanyx’s shadow. He can’t live without him. After the events in their history, he literally can’t live without Arcanyx as he is his life line. Very loyal and loving.

History Together: In the very center of Heaven’s Sanctuary, lay a special room, full to the brim with books. The Library. The Book Keeper was the guardian of this place and Umbra, his friend, and constant shadow, watched over it with him. They had grown up together, and Umbra was The Book Keeper’s constant support during his trials as he learned what all was necessary to take care of the Library.

The most important part of the job was to protect a special key that The Book Keeper kept on his person at all times. He had studied since he was small to take over the sacred duty of protecting these books. He knew how important it was. After all, this place held vast amounts of knowledge of both the past, present, and even the future. Yes, the future.

In a large vault, in the depths below was where the books that held the future lay. That is what the key was for; to open the door. He had to make sure that it didn’t fall into the wrong hands. As book keeper, life could be rather...boring though. Nothing exciting happened here. And each day, he and his tiny wolf companion patrolled the Library. One day, while passing the door that led down to the basement, The Book Keeper heard voices; a whispering from beyond. But there shouldn’t be anyone else here. Curiosity peaked, and worried that there might be an intruder, he used the special key given to him, to open the vault. But when the door was opened, there was no one inside. But now that The Book Keeper had the door open, he longed to know more about the world and his life. He and Umbra went in, but unbeknownst to them they were being closely followed by a dark mist.

The Book Keeper approached a shelf and took a book. One after another he read about the futures of all kinds of other individuals. Until he came across a book about himself. He and Umbra. What did the future hold for them? To The Book Keeper’s horror, he read that Umbra would lose his life by a terrifying enemy. There were no other details, but that couldn’t be true. What nonsense was this? He placed the book back on the shelf and exited the vault with Umbra, locking it behind them; the dark mist was still inside.

It was only a few weeks, but The Book Keeper couldn’t erase the thoughts from his mind. Just in case, he was being extra protective of Umbra. The more he thought about it, he then found himself drawn to the Library Basement once more. He wondered to himself, if he could perhaps...change the future? After all, the idea that he could lose his friend forever was eating away at him constantly.

Once inside, he scoured the shelves for the book that held he and Umbra’s future. But he could not find it. As he began to panic, the dark mist from before materialized before him into a frightening mare. It grinned at him, clearly amused.

The Book Keeper was in shock. How did she get in here?! He looked to Umbra and back at the mare in confusion.

“I should really thank you for letting me in. How about, as a thank you gift, I tell you how to make sure you and your little friend stay together forever. Sounds like a pretty good idea if you ask me…” her voice crackled as she spoke.

The Book Keeper bit his lip. He hesitated for just a moment.

And in that moment the scary mare before them took the opportunity to attack. She killed Umbra, in one swift motion. “Now that’s the first step towards a bond that will last forever.” She slid an ominous book over to The Book Keeper. Your next steps are in there.” An evil grin was plastered on the female’s face. Everything was falling into place. Her power would be shown and she would gain a new underling if all went according to plan.

The Book Keeper was horrified. That mare was truly a goddess of evil! Tears ran down his face. Apparently if he wanted to save Umbra he would have to delve into forbidden dark magic. And that meant being kicked out of his home and losing everything he held dear.

But he’d do it. He’d do anything for his friend! He was angry with this mysterious mare, but if he wanted to save Umbra he would have to work fast. He flipped open the book and followed the instructions. If he used his blood, he could tie his life force to Umbra’s and together they could go on living in a twisted sort of way. Umbra’s body could heal, if he uttered the right words, but it wouldn’t be the same. And now that The Book Keeper was tainted by dark magic, his appearance began to change. He had fallen, and would have to flee his home with Umbra.

Using this forbidden magic has now bonded The Book Keeper, to the evil mare that provided him with it. The evil creature gave The Book Keeper a new name; Arcanyx. Arcanyx resents her for what she did, but with nowhere else to go, and the strange mare now having a hold over him, he is forced to stay with her.

Arcanyx now begrudgingly does his new duties for the evil mare, fearing he has nowhere else to turn. But during this time he still plots to get revenge on his new ‘boss’ for what she did.

Potential Plots: Looking for an evil girl that was plotting to make Arcanyx fall and then force him to work for her???

And of course I think he needs a love interest. Someone to give him hope and help him get through the day. That or with a twist he falls in love with the evil girl who put him in his current position.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 pm
Username: Caitlyn Hellstorm
Soquili Name: Luci “The Fallen One”
Familiar Name: Azarel

Personalities:
Luci is a literal mute because when he was kicked out of his original home, his father got sick of him talking back and arguing with him. Basically being an opinionated male who disagrees with the system his father was running. Since he has fallen down to the earth, he became a surly mute male who hates everyone because they are so happy and don’t know the true definition of paradise-like him and his sidekick (so he thinks). He tends to stick to his volcanic cave, being bitter about this entire thing.

Azarel on other hand is the chatty one (well with a silent male.. someone gotta be a chatty one) and constantly pushing Luci to leave his cave and go exploring. Explorer and scholar at heart, Arazel has a deep-seated desire to learn everything about this earth so they can try to dominate it as a middle finger to the Big One Above. This wolf is a very cunning and manipulative little turd who would do anything to get what he wants.

History Together:

Living in the lap of luxury, thanks to the fact that his daddy is the Big Boss of the kingdom above, Luci was raised with everything he wanted on top of the top-notch training he goes from the angelic army. Luci would go everywhere with his best friend Azarel and do anything their hearts wishes from pulling pranks, getting with ladies if they wanted to, and partying.

Luci’s father decided to change the system to move in the direction of purity in everything. Naturally, his son Luci and friend Azarel didn’t like the new system because now all of those fun things have been taken away from him. For years, Luci collided with his father, trying every arsenal he has at his demand and one fateful day, his father had enough and believes that life on the earth will humble his son and his friend after the recent attempt at uprising.

A lot of loud and harsh words were exchanged between Luci and his father and Luci suddenly found himself stripped of white wings and hurling through the atmosphere of earth with his friend close behind. Luci opened his mouth to scream while his body engulfed into the fire but there were no sounds coming out but he could hear his friend hollering and cursing the Big Boss.

A double deafening crash could be heard near the volcanos and if there were any living beings lurking near there, they would see one massive shadowy form along with the small form (who is still yelling and cursing everything) emerge from the thick smoke.

Not knowing what creatures emerged from the fire and smokes, all of the wildlife scattered to four corners of the earth terrified for their lives.

“So, Luci….I haven’t heard a peep from you since we were free-falling through the skies. You must have been very angry at your da for doing this to you.” Azarel turns his head toward Luci and his eyes go wide. “Holy shi…. How are you so HUGE and I am…. Hold up” He paused and trotted over to a small puddle of water a quite distance away from the volcanos. 

Luci narrows his eyes at his best friend as his irritating voice reaches to his ears, he sighs a bit and opens his mouth to deliver a snarky response. No sounds came out except for puffs of air. The look of confusion and irritation flickers across his face as he stares at his best friend in wolf form when Azarel came back, glowering at him. Luci blinks quizzically at his friend before he grunts a bit in annoyance.

Azael’s glower slowly evolves into the one of glee while he moves around Luci, chuckling a bit. “Don’t tell me daddy dearest took your tongue away.” He retorted while dodging away from a lethal kick from Luci’s hind leg. “Ooooh boy, I am going to LOVE this!” He cackles as he moves away to explore their volcanic barren kingdom, knowing Luci would reluctantly follow him.

Potential Plots:

Silent No More: Luci prides his voice above anything else because it has that soft, velvety yet musical lilt to it and that’s how he is able to obtain lady lovers. After a while in silence, Luci decided to go off on his own without his trusty (yet irritating) sidekick to figure out how he can get his voice back. He encounters someone and was offered help to discover his voice again. Luci decides to take her or him up on that offer. Will he be able to speak again or doomed to being silent for the rest of his now mortal life?

I am SO SICK OF YOU! Ever since the boys were shoved out of their home and landed on this planet, their only company is each other. After a while, Azarel gets really fed up with Luci not willing to accompany him on those trips to explore and gather things and a huge fight happened between those two. Azarel decided to leave, abandoning Luci to his lonesome self and goes out into the world on his own. Will he come back to Luci or start his own family somewhere else?

I am so worthless… Luci’s sense of being needed is slowly being diminished because his friend is constantly gone to explore and gather things for their cave while he is stuck in there, sulking and pouting like a 3 years old toddler. However, the angeni have noticed that with more trips, Azarel has been gone longer and longer and is suspected to be already moving away from him. The deep depression and desolation settle in. Now he just walks around his volcanic kingdom, waiting to die. Will someone come along to snap him out of it? A friend? Love interest? Who knows!  

Caitlyn Hellstorm

Beloved Vampire

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm
red]How the Mighty Have Fallen
Username:[/b NovaCracker]
Soquili Name: Michael
Familiar Name: Raphael
Personalities: HMichael is a disillusioned by heaven. Incredibly firm in his belief of magic and in love. He adores mortals andn only seeks to craft magick to help them, which is how he ended up in this mess. Angry, bitter, confusedf, and filled with serious salt, Michael is lost and hurting, only comforted by Raphael.

Raphael was created, and knows it. Technically female, she was made top impress a mortal, ans thus, loves mortals.Curious, explorative, and downright easily a delioght, Raphael is an innocent, fallen from Grace in her conception. She's innocent, and doesn't understand why magic is wrong, but lobves her fallen angel as father all the same.

History Together: He was ineffable, or so he thought. Made in the Heavens for the divine Plan, he blindly obeyed the divine until he met... Her. A mortal mare drew Michael's eye from heaven, from the Plan, and slowly he felt a need to court her. As the p[air met in secret, they fell more and more in love and then, finally, Michael broke angellic law.

He knew that creation magicks were wrong, but to show his love, Michael cast a spell to not befriend a familiar but sculpt the perfect friend for his lady love. Raphael was born innocent, white and pure, and was devoted to Michael's love. Shwe rejopiced ion their familiar child, love growing, but there was cost. One does not break angellic law undetectyed and soon Michael and his love and his child were found, and as heaven struck, Michael was cast from heaven. His link to heaven was severed, blackening him to embers without that divine light and fading Raphael in turn from pure to dark. Michael was caiught and forced to watch as the soldiers of heaven punished him further -- by killing his love and calling him demon, for his creation.

Michael broke. With a scream, he sent fire for his captors, his love's killers. He sent flame and ice and thunder and stone, he unleashed arcane might only born of anggellic or fallen angellic blood, and he dared to try sending them to the darkest pits for killing his love, unable to understand his crime. He acted of love. He acted of adoration -- was love not their way?

He was left with her broken body and Raphael, his child, his crime, and at forst, did not eat nor drink, unwilling to move

Raphael drew him to stand. Still young, she began to ask and question, disliking being near her dead mother. Michael slowly began to respond, foillowing his daughter and slowly learning to survive amongst mortals, and slowly, he began to reclaim his love and adoration for mortals -=- but he was ever angry and bitter to Heaven, refusing even the slightest hint of angellic presence.

They were Fallen, anyhow. The light in their bodies gone.
pOTENTIAL pLOTS: Michael teaches love to all whom meet5 him and Raphael, the pair ardent believers that love is a holy force,, in all forms. Gay, Straight, bi, poly, it's all good, however, Michael himself seems to think of his followers ads his chi;ldren.

And then he meets her. Her gracem, her hlight, her mercy. He meets a lady most gentle and pure, and flees, fearing losing his heart again before slowly getting close. It begins with Raphael being curious, and then blooms slowly into love. Maybe it's a lady, or many, or both genders. But Michael finds Raphael a stepmother, and they beggin a family, Michael ever protective of his children, lest Heaven get... Ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:48 pm
Username: Ebonrune
Soquili Name: Lukiel
Familiar Name: Castien
Personalities: Lukiel is quietly bitter about his banished situation, but contrary to the beliefs of those who have heard of him, he does not prey upon the innocent. His favorite prey are Walkers--whether they've been gemmed or not. Castien's favorite thing is to locate them for Lukiel. But really, they're not picky. Any with the taint of blood upon their soul are fair game.
History Together: Bonded from the start, one might say that Castien is Lukiel's other half in a very literal sense; that is, sharing a soul. It grants them an shared empathy, but also a shared agony. If one is harmed, both feel it. If one might die, then the other would surely perish as well. Considering their favorite prey are some of the most dangerous kinds of Soquili, this is a very large hindrance, but they don't let it deter them. Surely if they kill enough tainted souls, they'll be allowed to return to Heaven...right?
Potential Plots:

Tainted Mistake - Lukiel has accidentally killed not an abuser, but a victim and must face recompense for his mistake. (Would probably require an Angeni, pure or not)

Redemption For Flaws - A gemmed Walker feels deep remorse for their actions before (re)gaining a conscience, and Lukiel is forced to consider that maybe even the tainted souls can be redeemed.  

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 am
Username: Fatal Irony
Soquili Name: Moloch Lightbringer
Familiar Name: Valefara
Personalities: Moloch is passionate and hedonistic, more interested in the pleasures of life than in duty. He can be easily stirred to anger, particularly when he is insulted, but can also be amazing company since he loves to party and have fun. He lives in a moral ambiguity that has some discounting him as "evil" while others are able to see his inherent goodness. Most of his behavior is a veil meant to protect himself from letting anyone too close, though he would argue against that truth. He has a hard time accessing and understanding his feelings and is prone to impulsive and reckless behavior in order to avoid his real emotions or problems. It can be difficult to reign in his behavior and make him look at his true feelings, but with the right influence he can learn to embrace his true self. He sees himself as a monster and likes to play the role on the outside. He feels tremendous guilt for his past mistakes and doesn't think he deserves anything other than being deemed "monstrous".

Valefara is simple in her desires. She likes to hunt, fight, and fornicate. She spends her time seeking out these pleasures and has become formidable despite her small stature. She can be truly terrifying and can seem very cold, as though she has no emotions. Those who get close to her however can enjoy an undying loyalty and protection. She can be a bit chaotic in her behavior, and can fly into a rage if she feels betrayed. She can hold grudges for quite a while, though not forever. She can make huge mistakes, but also makes huge comebacks. At her heart she truly desires love and family, and would do anything to protect those she chooses to be part of her circle.

History Together: Moloch was once part of a prestigious herd, but he didn't quite fit in. He was rebellious and wild and questioned how the herd was run. He even tried to overthrow the leaders at one point, but failed and was cast out. It's the source of his greatest guilt and regret, as the leaders of the herd were his own parents. The rejection still hurts even years later. He met Valafara during his exile and they became inseparable companions. Valafara supports and encourages Moloch's hedonistic lifestyle and the two have lived in debauchery and deviance ever since.

Potential Plots: Moloch needs a good influence in his life, someone to pull him out of the fog of hedonism and avoidism and help him face his issues head on. He needs someone to help him come back to himself, as he's spent years not dealing with his issues at all and pretending they don't exist. He needs someone to show him he isn't a monster and there's more to him than he pretends.

Of course, this will cause huge amounts of jealousy from Valafara, who will see someone getting close to Moloch as a threat to their own relationship. She will try to get rid of anyone getting close to Moloch using whatever means necessary.

I'm seeing a lot of drama between Moloch and Valafara and anyone else coming into their little circle haha  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:34 pm
Username: LydaLynn
Soquili Name: Surawit
Familiar Name: Boribun
Personalities:
Surawit was a warrior of science and knowledge, studying all things celestial and eternal. But as a warrior he never takes half steps, even when the steps lead to falling. He now has an infinite sadness behind eyes that still look to the heavens for truth. But he never regrets the choice he made.

Boribun was and is conceited and proud, convinced he's a gift to all of creation. But he is also a loyal friend. Even if he is 'perfect' he still followed Surawit in falling. So far as he's concerned, it's the heavens that are missing out now that he's no longer there.

History Together: Surawit was sent to 'watch over' those below, but 'never interfere'. Boribun tagged along for something interesting to do. But Surawit found himself growing to love and respect those of the lands. He watched their struggles, their trials, their strength. He saw their wars and their heroes. And he saw their sorrows and suffering.

Boribun only saw those who were lesser, but he listened to Surawit wax poetic about his observations and looked again at those of the lands. He still didn't see what caught his friend's attention, but he respected Surawit and accepted he likely saw true.

The pair continued to watch for years, never interacting. Then Surawit saw a great injustice. A cowardly attack on a strong people. A massacre of humble warriors and impressive crafters. He saw atrocities in the spilled blood and disrespected remains. He saw evil tearing apart what had once been a great people.

Surawit mourned as he watched, moved by what had happened but continuing to only observe. Until he saw the evil find the few children who had been hidden away for safety. The callous laughter as innocent blood splashed upon a ground already saturated was too much.

It was no longer the time to watch, regardless of their instructions. He was only in time to save three small lives, but he brought a righteous fury and vengeance upon the evil ones. He interfered, but he felt justified, having saved the foals.

Boribun followed his friend, even protecting his back as he fought for the tiny lives. Though he didn't have much care for their circumstances. After all, life below the heavens seemed endlessly bleak to him and he could see no purpose in prolonging it. Still, his friend cared, so he would help.

But the pair had disobeyed their orders. They had stopped watching and become part of the world. Their actions would cause ripples across the land. When Surawit charged in to save the foals he didn't think about what he was doing, the choice he was making to disobey his directive. But it was a choice all the same. And thus the pair were Fallen.

Still, Surawit knew it was the right thing to do and never would change that choice. Instead he doubled down on it and took the foals under his wing to raise and protect, eventually teaching them to be warriors for justice and peace. Boribun merely shrugged and continued as he always had, no real care for his change in circumstances.
Potential Plots: (I would but I don't have time.)  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Caitlyn Hellstorm

Beloved Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:15 pm
Ugh sorry. Double posted without realizing it. Life has been insane]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:42 pm
Username: dawns_aura
Soquili Name: Syrtryr
Familiar Name: Vessiera

Personalities:

Syrtryr - True neutral. He does believe not in law but in justice. He does not see the world in black in white, he understands that everything is in shades of grey, and all must be taken into account before making decisions. Deliberate, he is not one to make rash decisions. Not like an inflexible tree, he will bend before he will break. Curious and a knowledge seeker, for how it will impact balance, how it affects the concept of justice. He is completely loyal and dedicated to his principles and the maintenance of what is right and what is wrong. He has a tender heart that is easily bruised by betrayal, and scars easily. He is far more fragile than he might seem, and Vessiera has taken it upon herself to see that now that he is healing that no one else will have the chance to break him again.

Vessiera - Responsible. Watchful. Compassionate. It breaks her heart to see as the world becomes more and more out of balance. She might be idealistic, but she isn’t naive. Not anymore. She is only one small creature, and she isn’t able to save the world, but if she can save even just one, just Syrtryr, it would be enough.

History Together:

In the furthest reaches of memory and time, a herd was formed. To watch and maintain balance. To not interfere unless it was to prevent chaos and bloodshed and a shifting of power to where it would be insupportable. But as time passed, the herd grew complacent. They had their rules and it was theirs to enforce upon all others. They were right and righteous. And all was at their discretion. They began to impose their will and rules upon others.

Slowly, the herd became corrupt. Their view of right and wrong and the power of balance became skewed. They started to become that which they were meant to fight. And as they turned more and more, it seemed like war was inevitable.

Syrtryr was one of those who was closer to the original intent of the herd. A Sentinel. A guardian. One who believed in actual balance. He could see that the herd was selfish. Cruel. Wrong. But what could one do against the many?

There had to be something. He decided to take a chance and go to one he believed would understand. Would know what to do. Would want to help. If for no other reason than the bond they shared. But Syrtryr was sadly mistaken. Both in the nature of his friend. And in the strength of their relationship.

There were not many left in the herd who could be deemed good or pure. They were nothing close to who they were originally meant to be. But there were a few that had the potential to be saved. Vessiera had been watching.
It was her duty to try and rescue those who could be saved.

Normally it was enough for her or others like her to approach those they wanted to save. To offer them hints and ways they might be able to get away, if that was what they wished, and if they weren’t ready or if they didn’t want the out, it could be ignored or brushed off.

The watchers didn’t didn’t get involved after a certain point. It wasn’t their duty. But this was a special case. Syrtryr had taken the initiative. He was looking for a way out. He had the morals and principles. He was one they needed to save. No matter the cost.

So Vessiera broke the rule. She couldn’t stay back in the shadows. After his trust was so badly betrayed, he needed to be handled with care. And she was just the gentle paws to hold him together and help him out.

Syrtryr was hesitant to listen to Vessiera after being betrayed by one he thought would never be against him. Perhaps he had been wrong. Mistaken. Things weren’t as bad as he seemed to think. He could just go on as he had been. It wasn’t worth breaking away from all he had known if he had to go alone.

He didn’t have to agree with what the herd did. He just didn’t have to take part. He could bury his head in the sand and pretend everything was fine. That it didn’t affect him. And he tried. He tried to pretend that everything was alright. But nothing was the same and he knew it.

When he reached the point where it all was too much and he could pretend no longer, he went for a walk. Trying to find some distance. To reconcile everything within himself.

Unbeknownst to him, he was under scrutiny from not only the watcher, but from herd members who knew his doubts and could no longer trust him. He was followed at a distance…

Seeing the perfect opportunity, Vessiera took a chance. She revealed herself to the stallion. She offered him a listening ear and quiet understanding. She offered him hope. A way out.

But before either was ready to make that step, the herd spy came upon them. They were not given a chance. It was fight and escape, or be destroyed.

It was the last thing that Syrtryr wanted. He wasn’t stable or ready to make the choice that would impact the rest of his life. But he was not ready to die there. So he fought. He injured the spy severely, though if it was fatal, he would never know. He left with Vessiera as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Wracked with guilt, Vessiera could not in good conscience, leave Syrtryr alone. Not until she was absolutely certain he would be ok.

But as time passed, and they wandered together, it became home. She could not see herself returning to the life she lived before, and Syrtryr could not begin to imagine life without her.

Potential Plots:

Harden My Heart (pre-fall/back plotting)- Conflicted by what he sees and experiences within the herd, he tries his best to reconcile what he knows and believes in his heart with the actions and inactions of the herd. He can see things starting to fall apart and cracks in his loyalty start to develop. But he isn’t ready to give up on them just yet. He still believes they are right and good.

War on the Horizon?(pre-fall/back plotting, potential after)- As the world changes, and the herd grows more and more corrupt, there develop the ideas that the only way that balance can be achieved is to wipe out everything and allow life to start over again (this is the most radical view, but most are in varying levels of agreement).

I Can’t Be the Only One- Trying to find others who share his visions and ideals. Trying to help foster peace and balance, without the extremism of the herd he left.

Sentinel- After the fall, as he tried to adapt to his new life, and trying to figure out his purpose and calling, he went back to what he did best. Watching. Perhaps he sees some things that help him make up his mind. Perhaps he finds a reason to interfere in something.

Putting You Back Together- He finds a foal or a youngling like him. Who has been badly hurt by life. He helps them get back on their feet. Perhaps as a mentor/ big brother, as a friend, or perhaps as a father figure.

What I Never Knew I Wanted- (could be part of Putting you Back Together or stand alone) He finds a foal on their own and takes them in. He had never thought of romance or family, but in taking in the orphan, he realises he wants to put down roots. He wants a family.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 pm
Username: medigel
Soquili Name: Perseus Inimica
Familiar Name: "Little Princess" Kyrie Eleison
Personalities:
    Perseus Inimica (Forsaken)
    Perseus is the soured knight, the fallen hero, proof that good deeds do not go unpunished. Once he was a legendary hero whose labors spawned songs and story, but now he is a shadow of his former glory, still strong and able to fight but reluctant to engage with anyone but Kyrie in fear that he may bring wrath from the heavens down on them both again. Their combined ghastly appearances at least helps scare off more mild-mannered Soq, and Percy's own large and powerful stature is enough to intimidate the rest.

So much has been taken from Perseus, and he is determined never to lose anything again. His possessiveness over his daughter-turned-wolf, his fatherly obsession with protection against invisible forces, his strict rules - all are fed by his intense guilt that he caused Kyrie to become cursed alongside him. Anger too, of course, feeds his every action: resentment of the gods, and especially his own father who had caused all of this to begin with, has made him suspicious of every intent. No true goodness can exist in their lives as far as he's concerned; all gifts must be poisoned, so none shall be taken. His jaded outlook on life is tiring, but he must remain ever vigilant. Nothing less can be given to his only child, whom he secretly fears hates him and plots her own vengeance.

Within him is the capacity to be a knight and hero once again, though he sees little point in championing a cause outside of his own. And really...is he worth another's service at this point? Why not let the old legend die, so that true-hearted new blood can rise?

Kyrie Eleison (Jocund)
    Mute as she is, Kyrie is as mirthful as she ever had been before the change. She feels she needs to smile more for her father's sake, to convey to him however she can that she loves him still regardless of their new circumstances. Without her wit, she has to turn to other ways to bring fun into their lives: lively dances, the occasional prank, guessing games, random travelers to break up the silence. They've developed their own form of sign language to the point that Percy can generally tell exactly what she's saying even without saying anything.

It's honestly surprising how little anger she holds compared to her father. It isn't that Kyrie's forgotten but rather that she wants to focus on creating a new life - the future and present are more important than the past. Besides, it's not like they can find the Gorgon again, right? Why waste so much energy on something they can't do anything about?

It won't stop her from being petty about angeni, of course, but still. Who's to say how she would react if she got a chance, though...

Monotony is what she fears, so she chases it away however she can. Kyrie is often the one leading them around Kawani, seeking adventure and new things wherever they go. She also still makes Perseus train her so she gets used to her new winged wolf form: she still wants to be a hero too, thank you very much, and no angeni will stop her! Really, Percy will do anything and everything for his "Little Princess" and she happily takes advantage of the fact.
History Together:
    Angeni, for all their powers, are still so very much like mortals when it comes to their emotions, their wants, their hates and loves. And their sins can and will carry to their children in the worst of times.

Poseidon, strong in his control over water, was married once to a heinous to look upon mare named simply The Gorgon, whose own powers seemed non-existant in comparison. A lusty stallion, Poseidon often met with paramores in secret to escape his overbearing wife, leaving them to handle any children that may have resulted. But over the centuries, he grew sloppy in his efforts, and the Gorgon captured one such son after years of tracking her wayward husband.

In a show of sudden power, the Gorgon transformed into a beautiful creature that threatened to blind those that looked upon her, asking, "Would you have stayed with me had I shown my true form, husband? You have failed my test, and the byproducts of your sins shall suffer for your folly." Wander though his eye had, Poseidon loved his many children and begged his wife to let Perseus be, promising he would remain faithful should she show mercy and that she could torture him as she pleased for all eternity. But the Gorgon laughed at the thought of putting any faith in a proven adulterer's word and twisted the little foal's wings until blood streamed down his body in response, draining him of the divine spark that gave all angeni powers.

Then through the pain, Perseus spoke up on behalf of his father. Let him bear the burden of his father's mistakes and prove himself true. He was Poseidon's blood, surely he could stand in and take whatever test was needed to show that they were still good Soquili. He would even do it without help from his angeni blood. And the Gorgon smiled cruelly despite her new-shown beauty.

"A quest you shall have, many labors which will bring you to the brink of death. Let your father watch you every waking moment and lift no hoof to help. Return to me with what I request, and I will welcome you both back to the heavens as family again."

So it was that Perseus went on a lengthy journey to reclaim an ancient shield called Aegis that the Gorgon claimed was lost to monsters in the lands below. He grew from an awkward if earnest foal to a warrior of great renown, and at one point even had his own family. His daughter, Kyrie, wanted to be as legendary as her dad, and she traveled with him on his "errand from the gods" as she liked to joke, training in the art of combat and courtesy but never quite so serious as Perseus was. Many battles and trials were faced along the way, but after a weary road the pair finally reclaimed the lost relic and returned to the angeni.

But their warm welcome was not to be. The Gorgon revealed that their quest was a farce: that while the enemies they fought had been real, Poseidon had tampered with their journey and let his attention wander again. Helpful faces from nowhere, easier weather across the sea, mysterious strokes of luck...Poseidon claimed these were all done for love of his son and grandchild, but the blinding light of the Gorgon's true beauty revealed his falsehood for what it was: a desperate attempt to secretly hasten his own return to the heavens while he absconded with a new love. Poseidon claimed stress and fear drove him to his habit, but the Gorgon simply proclaimed: "You skinwalker with wings, your pelt has never changed its stripes before and never will."

Perseus had done everything right. He had found the Aegis without any power but his own, and he had even found love along the way. But still he suffered for his own father's mistakes yet again, and the blood that ran down his body as he was caressed again by his would-be stepmother became a permanent stain. No power would ever come to him now, no place near the stars and above the clouds; she had marked him as mortal and false as Poseidon was. "Please, please, great angeni, leave my daughter out of our quarrel," Perseus begged as the pain threatened to knock him out completely, "for she has done nothing wrong and has no part in this."

"She must learn the same as you have: your bloodline is riddled with sin, and the sins of the father are generational. No child is safe from the gods."

Kyrie's ever-wagging tongue had irked the Gorgon as well, the young mare's jokes and japes of their quest and the gods a mountain of insults as far as she was concerned. Thus, the Gorgon changed her form to that of a ragged wolf with strange fangs, malformed and barely recognizable save for her markings and horns. The four wings she had inherited from her father became bat-like and weak, and the creature that was once Kyrie howled - only to find that she no longer had a voice that could spurn the angeni above.

The Gorgon held son and granddaughter in her claws for one final curse. So close were they to her divine person that the light burned themselves into their eyes to forever remind them of the one who had been scorned for eons. "I name you Inimica," she said to Perseus, etching a halo of black light in mockery of his achievements, "for you have been nothing more than an obstacle. To your father's own test, and to my own revenge. You will know nothing but harm to whosoever pities you with their presence."

"I name you Eleison," she said to thing that Kyrie now was, "for your own father cried mercy and heard only silence. The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Leave your father's side and know nothing but darkness. Let this bloodline die with you and be freed."

And so it was that they fell - not from grace, for they had never been bequeathed it, nor from favor, for it was never promised - but fell still they did to the mortal lands. They travel now, a mournful duo of silence and penance, always fearful to be found in the Gorgon's sight once again.

All they want is to know peace again, but perhaps this quest, too, is doomed to failure from the start.
Potential Plots:
  • This entry is intended to be plotted with Straye's lady (permission granted). Based loosely on the relationship between Greek mythology's Perseus and Andromeda, but gender flipped: it's Andromeda who is the hero while Perseus is the one who needs saving. Andi has dreamed of a legendary love, while Percy has lived such a legend and come out worse for it; she may have even grown up hearing some of his tales through Hyperion! Andi's familiar is one who is not blood but has stayed by her side for ages, while Percy's is his blood daughter forced to live in sin as he had, forced to stay by him or else be blinded as well as mute. The clash of the brazen heroine and the fallen hero will slowly see them from opposing fates to grudging friends to empathetic lovers. Perhaps she can make him be a hero alongside her once again.

• Locating Perseus' old flame could incite some drama along the way. Whether NPC or customed in, perhaps she still has feelings for Perseus - or the old one anyway, as this one is very different. How they interact with Andromeda would also be interesting to see. Kyrie still misses her mother dearly as well and would probably vye to have them be together again - unless Andromeda wins her over by then. Straye even suggests that his old flame was Andromeda's own grandmother, forced to find a new mate with his sudden disappearance as the Gorgon's torture lasted for much longer than he knew!

• Should he become a hero again, perhaps he can help train new ones: to do what he loved without (hopefully) bringing his curse onto them.

• Never mind Perseus' love life entanglements, poor Kyrie will have a mountain to climb if she's to ever have happiness. Is it another cursed familiar? A Soq? She fears this supposed curse now and can't even speak. Someone loving and understanding would be best, though there's always the chance that she is drawn into her inner darkness by another angry spirit.

• Perseus is the rare Soquili that would absolutely fight and kill angeni. He has a paranoia that any one of them or their kin could be another of the Gorgon's agents come to terrorize them once more, believing his halo is a mark of hers to make him known as a target. Drama absolutely awaits in every chance meeting. Who knows, perhaps the Gorgon is still out there and available to meet one last time...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm
Won a Familiar in the witches brew event

Username:
Soquili Name: Elon
Familiar Name: Apostate
Personalities:Elon is the happy chaotic one, happy to be so free in his fallen status, instead of being angry he embraced it, he sometimes needs apostate to reign him in, Apostate is more quiet, but of the two he's quite the schemer
History Together: The two met shortly after Elon fell and changed his name, forsaking his old title for good, he saw apostate in a bit of danger and helped out, just because he was fallen didnt mean he couldnt help, and from that point on the two have been inseparable, roaming the lands, fighting and surviving, damning themselves further along the way
Potential Plots:

Kaname Kyoto

Handsome Bibliophile

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Soquili Name: Purah (fallen angel of forgetfulness and the conjuring of dead)
Familiar Name: Vassago (fallen angel who discovers all things lost or hidden)
Personalities: Purah: B.F. (Before the Fall)- Headstrong, relentless, arrogant, self-certain, brilliant, eloquent, exuberant, fearless, imaginative, extroverted.
Purah: A.F. (After the Fall)- Still headstrong, childlike, forgetful, self-conscious, uncertain, timid, humble, thoughtful, sensitive, introverted.
Vassago: B.F.- Loyal, strong-willed, talkative, sarcastic, observant, passionate, humorous, intuitive, frank, ambitious.
Vassago: A.F.- Still loyal, calm, soothing, protective, cautious, haunted, persistent, patient, versatile, gentle.
History Together: Once, long ago, there was an angel named Purah. He was a powerful being, made all the more so by his companion- Vassago. Together, they were an unstoppable duo capable of things their brethren dared not dream of. Not only could Purah conjure souls to his side, but he could also raise the dead and have them walk the earthly realm. As for Vassago, he was blessed with the unique gift of finding lost or hidden things. This came in quite handy when Purah wished to practice his technique. Due to its nature, their brethren were not accepting of his antics in the heavens; thus, he had to develop a hidden location for his training. It would be a place where he could secret away the bodies of the dead and dying for later practice. One known to no one, not even himself, and Vsassago would be its key.

The passage of time saw his powers strengthen and refine until he could summon thousands in an instant without issue. Many suspected his and Vassago’s activities. A few surmised he could call upon an army if he desired, though none ever sought the truth. They preferred to live in ignorance of his capabilities. And Purah was content to let them do so. Vassago knew of his might, acknowledged it and strove to match it. That would be enough until he was ready. Yes, he would bide his time until that day. The day he and Vassago would unleash their might upon the realms. Then, on that glorious day, they would take their place as the gods truly fit to rule the heavens. After all, what would be the purpose of having these gifts if they were not to be used?

The time had come soon enough. Earth had become ripe with the dead. Their numbers had increased well into the tens of thousands, and Purah could summon them all. Their day of reckoning was nigh! They stood at the precipice of godhood, and they would lay claim to it. Except...all did not go according to plan. Their brethren whom they had imagined would not object stood fast against them. War waged in the heavens, sending shockwaves rippling through time and space, reaching down to the earth. Effects were felt for days on end until, at last, a victor was declared. In the end, Purah’s and Vassago’s pride would be their downfall. Overconfident in their power, the duo overexerted themselves, giving the heavenly guard the upperhand. Vassago’s own brother cast the attack which ended their treachery.

Utterly defeated, the duo were banished from their heavenly realm, cast down to earth to live as mortals. That would not be their only punishment though; no, there would be more to their penance than mortality. Upon Purah- who so prided himself on his mental prowess- was placed the curse of forgetfulness. The once arrogant angel would now be forced to rely on his companion to guide and aid him in all but the most basic of biological tasks. Each new day brought with it an empty memory, a void of nothingness. Upon Vassago- he whose greatest sin was remaining at Purah’s side- was placed the opposing curse of unfaltering memory. Unlike his dearest friend, Vassago would never be able to forget even the smallest of details. Where Purah’s mind would be empty, his would become weighted down with the memory of every passing day. In truth, however, it was witnessing Purah become so helpless that would be the true punishment. Vassago was no fool when it came to understanding his former brethren’s implied meaning- if he were so eager to stay at Purah’s side no matter the cost, then he could remain by his side as caretaker. His ability to find lost and hidden things would do him no good either. For one cannot retrieve memories stolen away and lost in time.

Years have passed since the duo took on the mantle of fallen angels. Nothing has changed. Purah forgets himself with the rising of the sun, and Vassago endures at his side as keeper. Both alive and well, living their lives in the only way they can now- one day at a time.
Potential Plots:
1. Night of the Living Dead- Purah has the power to raise the dead. It has been so for as long as he could remember. But why was he given this power if he was meant to simply be an angel? What good could it do a servant of the heavens with nothing but eternity to look forward to? Unless, unless he was never meant to simply be an angel. Surely, such a power was meant for more...divine purposes. His ability was surely meant for a god...right? Perhaps, if he perfected his power, he could demonstrate exactly how much of a god he was born to be. Where better to practice than on the earthly plane where attentions would lay elsewhere.
2. The Art of War- Purah has perfected his craft and now intends to take his rightful place among godhood. With his best friend- Vassago- to help him, along with other allies, he will show how strong the dead can truly be. It’s a war for the ages, waged in the heavens and on earth (Note: If anyone wishes, this could easily be a plot that could play into the loss of an ancestral home or the decimation of an old herd. I’d be more than happy to plot this out with someone in that regard).
3. Is All That We See or Seem- Cast out of the heavens after losing the war, Purah is cursed with a mind that falters after the day is done. He can never remember even the smallest of details from the previous day. No matter how hard he tries to, no matter how much he desperately clings to his memory, once the new sun rises on a new day, everything vanishes into the mists as if it were a dream. The pain of always seeking but never finding what he lost- whatever it is- gnawing away at him.
4. For Whom the Bell Tolls- Vassago laments who Purah has been forced to become. Cursed with his unerring, vivid memory, he remembers all too well the glory that he used to be. Saddened, and certain the punishment has been long enough, he starts searching for ways to break the curse and return Purah to his former self. A task he is well aware he cannot do alone, nor can he leave Purah to his own devices; thus, begins the hunt for someone to aid them.
5. Dawn of the Dead- The first task Vassago has set forth in the quest for his friend’s mind is rediscovering his latent abilities. For, of all the things that were stripped from them, Purah’s inherent gift of raising the dead was not one of them. He just has not realized- or, rather, cannot remember- that he is capable of such things, let alone how to perform it. Perhaps their new friend might have some advice on the matter. (Note: This one may alter depending on if they find someone willing to help. It should also be noted that Purah was in fact stripped of his necromancing ability so he is incapable of doing this anymore, as the duo will likely find out in this plot.)
6. Family Feud- It seems as if their plans have not gone unnoticed once again. Another has been sent to stop their perceived foolishness and bring them back under control. The duo shall not be so easily dissuaded, however. Memory or no.
7. Ashes to Ashes- Vassago thinks he may have found a way to draw Purah's powers back to the surface, giving him access to them once again. What he has found turns out to be something he never bargained for and nearly results in Purah's death. Valuable lessons are learned and meaningful conversation had.
8. Love is a Battlefield- Purah and Vassago meet their matches. Someone who truly makes them think and ponder what it is they seek to do. (Note: This would be multiples encounters which would give way to multiple conversations between the pairs. Eventually, they would come to accept each other and find that they had fallen in love along the way. To clarify though, Purah would still have his curse so it'd be more of a feeling for him than an actual memory...for the moment. I would toy with the idea of whether these encounters help him to retain some level of memory, but I'm not certain on that.)

(There are other plots that I have in mind but don't have the time to write out unfortunately. So I'll just stick with these for now)  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff