Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] Early Evening Adventures (Skalmath's Maiden)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:19 am
User Image

Weyrlinghood took up a lot of their time, but this? This was hardly any trouble for Brenva and Skalmath. The two were devoted to one another, and warriors, with the Green happily doing every exercise and drill that came their way. Rest days left the pair rather ill-contented, and today of all days? Brenva had decided to stay in after bathing and oiling her Green so she could learn about some of the coordinates that had been giving them trouble. Settled in to their new shared weyr, she was deep in her scrolls as the evening sun began to set over the crags of High Reaches, when she felt a roil that made her feel almost ill to her stomach. Oh...She knew that feeling...Rather disliked this feeling. Taking a shaking deep breath, her eyes turned to noticed that her lovely, bunchy little Skalmath was practically GLOWING. Shards.

Swearing loudly, she walked over and gently started stroking those dark green headknobs, "...How did I not know that your Flight time was coming up after Uvaldoth took her maiden flight." Her voice was soft, kind, those eyes moving over the burning violet eyes. Skalmath leaned down to nuzzle her love, trilling softly, Yes...It's that time. I am ready. Let those of High Reaches stun me with their tales of adventure! Slowly, those wings unfurled and she moved to the edge of the ledge, looking up and over the ridges of the peaks, lit by sunset light. Perfect time...It would let her show off the best she could with her ability to get higher and further.

Go, dear one. I'm ready.

Strong wings struck out to either side of the stocky green, and she looked to the sky before all but launching herself from the ledge and in to the sky. Trumpeting a call that any dragon below would feel as a sense of pure, unadulterated FREEDOM, Skalmath was now in the skies, circling the craggy peaks of High Reaches with glowing plum eyes full of wonder and desire. Whatever came of this moment, this fleeting second of pure unchained glory? This Green was ready for it. Her call echoed, loudly.

Who among you is worthy to share my skies! Who among you is warrior and explorer both! Show me your mettle, tell me your stories, and perhaps you might catch me in your claws for the night! She would, if she had the ability, fly until the sun was below the horizon...

Brenva settled on to the bed of her weyr, smiling up at the sky. SHe might be anxious about bedding anyone, let alone dealing with the lust of a flight...but after sequestering herself for goldflights over and over, she owed it to herself to at least try...To see what might come of it. Whoever entered her weyr would enter....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skalmath doesn't care what color you are, or where you come from. She's only just barely at her full size, and one can tell just how stocky she is going to be when she fully fills out. She may not be the most pretty thing to look at, but she certainly is charming. Small stature is made up for with bulk and stamina. Skalmath is certainly a bunchy and hardy little Green! Get ready world, she wants to see ALL of it!
Positive Traits: Curious, intelligent, independent
Negative Traits: Spirited, fearless, stubborn

Brenva is a 21 year old woman who is very clearly used to the ways of the world. Come to HR from Nabol, she was a courtesan who got dragged in to the darker nature of the hold. Being a Rider has saved her, and Skalmath is her heart. Tending to be more judgemental and quick to study others for their weaknesses, the dark haired girl is a queen, a force to be reckoned with. It doesn't really matter WHO ends up in her bed...as long as you prove yourself.
Positive Trait List: Compassionate, Fearless, Clever
Negative Trait List: Self-Sacrificing, Devious, Judgemental  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:21 am
Rules:

• All dragons can participate! However, if your dragon is not stationed in High Reaches, please make sure they have a reason to be at the Weyr while this flight takes place.

• There is no pre-determined winner.

• This flight will take place over three rounds, with each round lasting 48 hours. At the end of each round, a small bonus will be awarded to whoever impressed Skalmath the most for that round. Whoever comes closest to her final score will be the one to catch her!

• While you can join at any time during the flight, you will not be able to roll for previous rounds!

• Any posts that are not filled in with a roleplay response by round's end will have the point total for that roll halved. Not rolling for a round is an automatic 0.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Skalmath's Stats:
Green Dragon: +50
Less than 5 turns: +3
Fit/Motivated: +10
Total: 63

Strength: 14
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 6
Stamina: 18
Wits: 13

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Determining your dragon's stats:
Base points for bronze: 35 points
Base points for brown: 40 points
Base points for blue: 45 points
Base points for green: 50 points

If the dragon is:
- Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

- Has Explored Pern: +5 points
- Participated in recent PC Threadfall: +2 points
- Colorist: -2 points
- Storyteller/Creative: +5 points
- Lazy/Not Creative: -5 points

Please distribute your total points in the below stats based on your dragon’s history and personality.

Strength:
Speed:
Dexterity:
Stamina:
Wits:  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 pm
R'gal of Brown Yihoth
User Image

Yihoth knew exactly what that feeling meant. This wasn't his first rodeo, and he'd long since grown accustomed to watching the Greens rise so proudly, proclaiming their presence to the Weyr and all the world beyond it--but perhaps accustomed wasn't quite the right word. That would imply a kind of monotony, among other things, and he couldn't have that. Each of these fine ladies deserved the best of him, and to talk about their rising like it was the daily weather seemed so...rude.
Enamored, perhaps? Taken by. Something along those lines--it was always wonderful to see them go, so full of life and blazing across the sky without a care in the world. He didn't chase much, but every now and again, Yihoth would think to himself--why not? It was somewhat rare, he had to admit, but the motivation did strike from time to time. Like now, when beautiful Skalmath declared herself, so unfettered and proud that it made his hearts ache. If only he could be so bold.

Evenin', Skalmath. His mindvoice was a quiet rumble, soft and warm--he made no grand show of himself as he took to his ledge, briefly glancing behind himself to ensure R'gal had given him the all-clear. Once his rider had flashed that all too important thumbs-up, he could truly say he was ready. You've picked a lovely night for this, but I think you might outshine all the stars in the sky at the rate you're goin'.

---

Yihoth: A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself. He's honest and humble, but is a romantic at his core, although he's a little too self-conscious to let that show all that much.
R'gal: Fun-loving, talkative, and a bit air-headed, R'gal is a thrillseeker who loves finding new and interesting ways to bring people together. Sometimes he doesn't plan that well, though, and he winds up overstepping boundaries without thinking. Whoops! Really, he means the best, and is a very laid-back, easy to talk to kind of guy overall.

STATS
Brown: 35
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Fit: +10 points
Participated in recent PC Threadfall: +2 points
Total: 57.

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 8
Cunning: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 16  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:02 am
Bronze Kemoth of Thedred

Kemoth's Stats:
Bronze Dragon: +35
Above 36 turns: +5 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Has Explored Pern: +5 points
Total: 55

Strength:15
Speed: 5
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 18
Wits: 8

----

Although bronze Kemoth was not much of a storyteller, if anyone were to ask he would have many stories indeed to tell. Once the dragon of a fully fledged mercenary, the enormous creature had now taken on the role of hero - a role that every dragon who graced High Reaches Weyr might claim. When he felt a green stir, Kemoth left his rider's ledge to join in the fray. Rarely did he leave his ledge for a green lady, for this dragon desired to one day be a father. Yet there was something in Skalmath's words intrigued him.

I have seen the length and breadth of Pern. I have seared Thread from the sky, though that is the least of the adventure I have tasted. Fierce Skalmath, have you ever known a mercenary? Me and mine once walked that path. Gladly would I show you what I am capable of. For indeed, he was a warrior through and through. There was no mistaking that fact. Letting out a bugle of challenge, Kemoth cast his sights on the waiting green, ready to take flight at a moment's notice.

TheWishling

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out