Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Gossip and the Good Times (Melka/Draza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:01 am
The nice thing about kitchen duty was that Draza knew how to handle a knife properly - more properly than many of the other candidates who were usually saddled with her and left terrified of how quickly she could clean the meat off a carcass. Even the explanation that she'd trained specifically to be able to do so sometimes got a queasy glance - one that personally delighted her to her core. It was fun, in a way, to be an intimidating force. Though she was intimidating in a very different way than the familiar young woman who, by some chance, had been put to work with her.

"How many hearts have you broken so far?" Draza asked candidly to Melka, daring to lean her shoulder in against the other woman's with a wide grin. Surely, she'd broken all of them by Draza's measure. It sounded like a good time to her, at least. "I want all the details," even if it was on her sister's escapades, Draza wasn't going to be immediately squicked by the idea.

After all, they were just cuts of the same cloth and it sounded like a fun time.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:53 pm
Melka was pleased that she'd been assigned to work the kitchens, but was even more thrilled that her sister had been tasked with the chore as well! Oh, it was hard work--of course it was--but she much preferred to be indoors than out in the stables, mucking up manure, or hammering away at some fence. Kitchenwork was suitable enough for Melka, as far as chores went, and she had no qualms with putting in the work.

Of course, she was stuck chopping meat, but as far as she was concerned, it was just practice for whenever she found herself a most perfect dragon. Her chopping abilities weren't at all like Draza's, of course, but she could at least chatter with her, even as she made work of the meat before her. If her focus was more on the conversation at hand--or Pirouette who sat on her shoulder, staring lustfully at the food on the table--could it be helped? She wasn't slacking... just... not chopping quite as quickly as she could.

"Honestly, there's been a few--though it wasn't my intention to break them, mind." Well, at least that was her story. She couldn't help it if others got far more invested in a relationship. How could she not fall into a few beds since her arrival, especially with so many beautiful men and women out there? Between goldflights and celebrations such as Turn's End or Hatching Feasts, how could she not find herself in a little intimate company? Between Candidates, riders, and workers--it wasn't hard to find a little bit of willing company on ones rest day.

"As far as particulars go, I think the two most distraught continue to pine. V'nel is a sweet rider, should you pass his way--I'm afraid he's just a touch vanilla for my tastes. And Ressendra certainly knows how to put her crafter's hands to good use, but she's far too clingy for my tastes." She sighed, perhaps a bit dreamily, but then gave another laugh. "Honestly, though, I suppose I've found myself in a bit of a dry spell. A shame, really--but maybe I'll find some good company for this upcoming Turn's End. What about you? How's my sister been faring? Any news to share, or broken hearts to discuss?"

As much as Melka enjoyed talking about herself, she would always have time to catch up with her devoted sister.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:10 am
"Doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy that you did it," Draza didn't buy Melka's 'I didn't mean to' for a moment, simply grinning to herself at the delightful details - so many details! - that she was being given and even perhaps taking a few notes. "Oh, I probably shouldn't get my hands on either of them, then," V'nel would be broken in a heartbeat by Draza's rough and tumble handling (but perhaps that would do the poor guy some favors), and clingy? "Shards, it'd be better to introduce them to each other if they get too hopeful eyed."

The image of Melka playing matchmaker amongst her own affairs was rather delightful, after all.

"I've definitely had my share of fun -" why hold back your life for a better something when you could have both? "Think I left a few marks," Faranth, she had a good bite mark of her own that was still healing - "Nobody exciting though. I'd say that Larasol, one of the healers? Most fun I've found recently." And it wouldn't bother Draza a lick if both sisters were sampling the same fare. How lucky for them!

And if Draza noticed she was doing a bit more chopping than Melka, she didn't seem to mind - why not let the butcher do the heavy lifting? "I have had my eye on one of the older riders, though - have you seen L'bad? Face isn't much, but he has arms and hands that look like he could strangle a runner."

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 pm
Melka's smile turned a bit more mischievous at her sister's words. Just because Draza was right didn't mean she had to admit it, at least not fully. Maybe she had enjoyed getting a few of the High Reaches natives attached--being crossed in love now and then was simply part of the game. And yes, perhaps Melka did find it all one great, wonderful game--a game she quite enjoyed playing. She was much too clever to get her own hearts so ensnared, after all.

"Ah, that would be quite a story, wouldn't it? I could take a page out of the matchmaker's book and try my hand at it--but I foresee us all having a tumble together. Hmm." Well, that idea did have some merit--perhaps she'd consider it later. For now, she would focus on her sister's exploits, and jot down any names that sounded appealing.

She did give a laugh, and gave a small shake of her head. "I'd be more concerned if you didn't!" She mused. "Larasol, huh? I don't think I've met him yet. Perhaps I'll find a way to bump into him down the line. And ooh! Is he the one with the curls or the pony-tail? Or someone else? There are a few I'd take a bite from any day. Alas, so many are already taken or don't seem to fancy a proper woman." She frowned a bit, momentarily sulking at the unfairness, before her smile returned. She wasn't that petty... okay, she was, but there were always others to fawn over, and if nothing else, she was confident enough to try to tempt, regardless. People were complex, and one never knew what opportunities another was willing to take, or the full story. One outwardly happy couple could be secretly miserable. It was always worth a try.

Melka continued her chopping, pausing only to offer her green Pirouette a small morsel. Draza certainly wouldn't snitch, and it would keep the little green from drooling on her shoulder.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:24 pm
Draza threw back her head and laughed. "Oh! Well don't get them together just yet then!" if her howl drew attention, Draza didn't revel in it with too much fanfare. Was it a topic others may have been too shy to talk about? Probably, but Draza had no such qualms or boundaries.

"Oh, definitely do. Put on an act of a hurt ankle so you can get a sample touch of those hands at work," Larasol was thought on favorably for a reason, after all. "Oh, L'bad has the curls. And the muscles." Draza purposely paused so both she and Melka could have a moment about that. "If it isn't true! Some you can only really get your claws in if the right dragon is in the air," which sometimes meant knowing the fancies of the rider in question's dragon. Or hoping one of the Queen's hit the sky and the stars aligned. Hmm.

Of course, Draza wouldn't even draw attention to the little green getting a snack - hey, Pirouette was going to get some either way, right? Cooked or not, when did it matter?

"I've admittedly not dipped into any of our fellow candidates - seems like a surefireway to make a mess." because that was a constant proximity - chores, lessons, the works.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff