Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Coming to Grips (F'nar & Zamistia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:50 am
Flowers every day seemed hardly enough to give to someone who had suffered through so much and been in so much pain, but it was all that F'nar could do other than offer up his time, which he did willingly. Most mornings he was to be found with his head resting on a bed, his back arched forward in sleep while his dragon curled up on his ledge quietly and offered support. The needs of the day pulled him away far sooner than the blonde was willing to leave, but he always found his way back until the healers shooed him away.

The first few days had been the worst, the most stressful certainly if nothing else, when he hadn't entirely been sure if the small woman before him would emerge on the other side both functioning and happy.

Happy would take time, he was sure, but... both she and her own great brown so injured....

Fretting was more Neirinth's well worn cloak than his own, the brown could fret up a storm over just about anything, but F'nar was much less experienced at it. Sure he'd lost over the turns but the young man hadn't experienced it so painfully before, a shard to his heart.

It was what had him awake in the gray morning light, his soft brown eyes watching Zamistia's breaths come in and out as she slept, steadily moving. At least it hadn't been her dominant hand, he could thank the stars that it hadn't affected her so badly that she'd have to relearn everything with a new hand. Time healed every wound he'd once been told, but it seemed more of a salve anymore than healing.

At least she'd lived. That much he reminded himself as he sat back and stretched his stiff back out, flinching from muscles that would ache for the rest of the day twinging.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:47 am
Zamistia slowly began to stir in the bed she had been occupying for the past few weeks at the healers. Her eyelids slowly came up, seeing a familiar blonde head of hair beside her bed. With her remaining hand, she reached out to him, so that she could take one of his own. He had been her rock through the days where she had done so much crying and had just needed to get her emotions out. Well, him and her beloved brown who was currently resting himself. F'nar had been there everyday, with flowers to give her a little brightness to focus on. She wished he could be with her more, but she knew he still had drills and things to do.

The little red head had been in and out of consciousness the first few days, only flashes of things going on around her being picked up. Then the day had come where she woke fully and discovered that she was without her left arm. She had been shocked and devastated when she had found out. She would wake up those next days wishing she was just dreaming, but seeing the reality. Nanuth had also lost a limb and she had felt his anger, but not at the loss of his own limb. While he wasn't pleased about it, his anger was about his little light having lost her arm. He felt like he should have protected her better, it was his job. She had done all she could to soothe his anger, but she knew he heard her weeping and knew her fears about how was she going to do things. Thankfully, she had been reminded that it could have been worse, it could have been her dominate hand she had lost to thread. Or she could be dead, never to see her loved ones again.

"Hey..how long have you been here?"she asked her weyrmate gently. She knew all of this hurt him too, seeing the woman he loved having to come to terms with a new reality. Maybe that is what had snapped her out of her initial misery, knowing her loved ones needed her. Sure, she still cried now and then, but she knew she couldn't stay in that place of sadness. Before becoming a rider, she probably would have just stayed there for a long time. Her finding her other half, falling in love, and her training had helped her know that she could be scared and still move forward.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 am
Mid stretch his hand felt a gentle touch from a much smaller one and a smile spread across his face in relief as he bent back forward and kissed her hand gently. "Just overnight, not too long." F'nar tried to keep the chuckle out of his voice as he said it, knowing that she'd likely admonish him for staying so long when he wasn't getting sleep himself. Did it affect his abilities during drills, training, and flights? Absolutely.

But he didn't care one bit.

Well... that was maybe a lie, he did care that he wasn't at his best because he'd been trained to be his best at every step. However it was hard focusing when someone that he loved was suffering and in pain from a very physical loss and there was no real chance that he'd just ignore her and not spend time with her. Besides, he could multitask just as well as anyone and he could juggle this as well.

"How're you feeling today? Hungry enough for some breakfast?" He probed questioningly, more than willing to go and bring her some klah or whatever she might want in the way of breakfast. "Your sister stopped by early this morning too and brought some muffins actually. I just remembered." F'nar reached down near his ankles and brought up a basket that was overflowing with muffins, blinking at having just remembered it. His obliviousness and absent mindedness striking again despite himself. "Dunno that you can eat this many though..."

"Actually I don't know if anyone could eat this many." He chuckled and rubbed at his eyes, sitting it down beside Misty as if he could get the exhaustion out of them. Luckily with his young age and how tan he was F'nar wasn't prone to bags or rings under his eyes, but if he kept at the pace he was that would come.

Dea and #Teddy#
Sis strikes again! Lest you think she wouldn't. Mwahahaha. XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 am
Zamistia managed a small smile herself when she saw his own and he kissed the back of her hand. She listened as he explained that he had been her overnight and she gently shook her head. She couldn't say that it surprised her at all, F'nar had been trying to spend what time he could with her. While she wished he would get more sleep himself, she appreciated his love for her. She just hoped it wasn't effecting his performance too much, though she felt he wasn't doing as well as he should be. At the mention of breakfast, her stomach grumbled, as if to answer for her.

"I am still in some pain, but I am managing as best as I can. It seems I will be here a little longer, but healers think I should be able to continue my recovery at home soon. As for breakfast, I am hungry, to tell you the truth. Oh, Belia was here, I wish I had heard her come in. Of course she left muffins to feed a whole wing, I am sure,"Zamistia managed a giggle. She winced a little in pain, still hurting from her run-in with thread. However, it also felt good for her soul to be able to laugh. She shook her head wryly as her weyrmate brought up a basket that was brimming with homemade muffins.

"Well, it just means more to share, really. Or we can keep some for later, that may be good for eating with other things for a few days,"she suggested. She saw him rubbing at his eyes and she reached over to gently caress his cheek with her remaining hand.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am
A weary smile crossed his face, exhaustion finally settling there as he realized at last that she was healing up more despite how long she'd been here, despite what her words might imply and the remaining pain. She'd be back at the weyr with him soon then and that would finally afford him some sleep, as F'nar had never been quite good at sleeping anywhere but his bed, the bed that he couldn't currently even look at or sleep in without Zamistia there beside him. It was too hard to even think about, had been especially in the time directly following her fall when there had been concern for her not living through her injuries.

"We'll hold onto a few of them, but if we hold onto all of them then they'll go stale long before we can eat them." He leaned the full weight of his head against her hand and closed his eyes as he spoke. "Your sister's been here near as often as I have been, but you've seen her, you know that."

Slowly he opened his eyes back up and leaned back with a sigh that stemmed from both exhaustion and having to remove himself from the contact he missed so much, "If you're currently in pain I can go and find a healer for you love, they can give you some redwort or something to numb it a bit. At least it's not as fresh as it was in the early stages." Gently F'nar laced his fingers with Misty's and he watched her expression, his brown eyes warm with both love and worry.

Everything took time of course, but her pain shouldn't have been very sharp anymore and that was a relief for him. Her pain had utterly negated his own pain when he'd landed and discovered the extent of the damage that had taken her from the sky, in fact it had taken the rough and clinically rude bluntness of a healer to even have him get his injuries looked at. It was lucky that he was oblivious too, for he was able to lack any focus or attention for his own pain. It did make him wonder if maybe he should talk to someone about his ability to be that oblivious.

A rumble came through his mind very gently despite the tone and on a ledge away from the healers his dragon rebuffed that thought, the large brown shifting his frame a bit as he was woken by his rider's rude self concern.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Zamistia could see the exhaustion on his face, though she had already figured he must be. She reached up to run her hand through his hair, letting him know he could sleep soon enough. Knowing her mate, she knew he was probably not getting sleep. She couldn't blame him, if the positions were reversed, she would be wanting to make sure he was alright. After all, she had come way too close to dying, she knew it. She would fear if she fell asleep, she would wake to him being gone, if he was here instead of her.

"Yes, I suppose they would get stale if we kept them for too long. Knowing Belia, she would make sure to send us a new batch anyway. Plus, think of how nice some of those here might find a little pick me up. I know she has been, honey, but I am lucky if I am always fully conscious,"she reminded lightly. As he spoke about him getting a healer for her pain, she felt Nanuth's nudge in her mind. She knew he was worried about her pain too, just like F'nar was.

"I was going to say I don't need it, that I could handle it, but I suppose having a healer look over it wouldn't be a bad idea. Only because it does hurt some when I hurt,"she relented.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm
A laugh pulled from him as his girlfriend ruffled his already feathery blonde hair and he dropped his head down onto her stomach gently. She was still here, she was still with him and maybe that would make it easier to sleep when he could. But for now there were more important things than sleep and his own wellness.

"That's partially because you've been given enough fellis to keep a grown man asleep for eternity just to ease some of that pain. At least it was done over time or you'd be made of fellis." He winked and stretched himself into standing, his arms reaching up towards the stone ceiling and his shirt pulling up to reveal his own fresh scars that he'd kept hidden from everyone other than the one healer that'd patched him. Those at least were beginning to look as though they weren't painful anymore as it had been some time.

"Give me a moment and I'll be back with a healer." F'nar offered and turned to head deeper into the healer's ward, past others that were laid up on cots who had been there from more recent falls or long term from the looks of some of them. The younger man rubbed his face as he did so and worked to approach a healer who seemed as though they weren't actively working on anything, maybe they'd just finished or were about to, but his words brought their attention over towards Zamistia at least as he guided them back.

Dea and #Teddy#
Feel free to use the NPC healer for whatever you want them to do for Misty. XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:19 pm
Zamistia smiled softly when she heard his laugh, knowing he probably needed that. As he laid his head on her stomach, she allowed her hand to gently rub his back affectionately and comfortingly. She hoped she would be sent home sooner rather than later, so that he might actually sleep better. After all, having him beside him would assure him that she was still very much alive. Sure, she was having to learn how to do things with only one arm, but she would find a way to manage. Her and Nanuth both had a long road ahead of them, but if their training had taught them anything, it was to keep going.

"I cannot imagine what it must have been like talking to me some days. I can only say thank you for being there for me. I think I remember some of the others visiting here and there too. At least we can say the fellis helped some,"she commented. As he got to his feet, she watched him stretch and noticed his own scars as well. Her grey-blue eyes softened gently, she hadn't realized he had gotten hurt some himself, though she should have. Before she could mention it though, he had gone off to grab a healer for her. She leaned back against her pillows, as she waited for him to get back. She checked in on her brown, who assured her he was fine.

Just then, Zamistia saw the healer coming back with her weyrmate. She allowed him to look over her wounds. She winced slightly as he used some redwort on her and redressed her wounds, before reminding her to take it easy.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:31 am
With a slight air of awkwardness, F'nar waited in patient silence while the healer checked over Zamistia and made certain that she was feeling better. Far be it for him to get in the way when someone with far more competence would be able to help her, that had been the whole point after all. Yet still, his brown eyes and pale eyebrows pulled an expression when the healer caused her to wince. Naturally it wasn't their fault but with the loss of a limb there was always going to be some manner of pain.

Be at ease, she is healing well. Neirinth's voice brushed over his concern and the man slumped slightly hearing his brown's voice.

Unlike his weyrmate they had only taken minor injuries, in fact Neirinth had really only gotten some muscle strain while F'nar had felt the bite of thread against his stomach that had wrapped around. He'd had to be dunked at the last moment of the fight, which was all the more degrading. But he'd survived where others hadn't, where others had been grievously wounded. Who was he to complain?

As the healer said their bit and left, he sent a warm feeling of thanks to the colossal brown and leaned forward, his elbows on his legs and his chin in his upturned hands. "Hopefully that helped some, you should ask them for help if you're feeling pain or your bandages need changed, love. That's what they're here to do, help you." F'nar scolded from a place of utmost concern, but it sounded weak coming from him and he was sure Misty could hear it in his tone.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:37 am
Zamistia had nodded her head to the healer, assuring them she would try to take it easy. She couldn't say that was the easiest, when she could feel her brown chomping to get out of the infirmary. Of course, she reminded him they would be released soon enough. Though, she knew even after they were allowed to go home, there would still be recovery and work ahead of them. They would have to learn new ways to do everything. She was glad they would still be able to fly and do things, since as scary as it could be, she was still determined to keep others safe. That and Nanuth would hate to be stuck on the ground, the air was where he belonged. Sure, we would tell her he would manage for her, but knew as long as he could fight, he would.

Once the healer was done, she watched the other walk off, before her attention turned back to her weyrmate. He had waited so very patiently for the healer to finish. Her eyes looked to where she knew his own wounds were, she was thankful they had not been worse for him. Then she watched as he changed sitting positions, before he ventured to speak once more. She nodded, to let him know that was better, then allowed him to continue. His admonishing was soft, but she knew no matter what, it came from the heart. Her grey-blue eyes gave him a soft and loving look, letting him know she appreciated it.

"I know I should ask for help, dear. I guess I just don't like to be a bother to anyone. After all, I am not the only patient they have and surely more injured than I am. However, I will certainly work on it and try to get help when I need to. Even if it is letting you know and you getting someone for me,"she assured quietly.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:15 am
By nature F'nar wasn't the type to bother others or cause undue stress to them, however deep down he knew full well that when someone lost a whole limb that surely there was some room to be a bother. It wasn't as if she would even be a bother, just simply ask for something when she needed it, like her bandages changed and some new poultice applied so that she was no longer in pain. It made him want to sigh but that would just make her anxious and he couldn't do that to her.

Honestly he had a feeling that Nanuth wouldn't even press her to do such a thing which was both a kind of relief and a bit of a shame. Because if anyone deserved some attention paid to them it was the both of them.

"Well you only have to say the word." F'nar grinned at her and patted one hand against the soft mattress she was sitting on. Concern came off of him in waves but at least she wasn't a dragon so it was likely she wouldn't pick up on it. Hopefully. "At least you won't be hungry for a while. Not with this pile of muffins."

He waved a hand at the basket he'd placed beside her, and without warning his green fire lizard popped out of Between and snatched one, as if on queue. Both of F'nar's brown eyes widened in a kind of horror but Paint Ball didn't care, she simply flitted off to eat her spoils, leaving stunned silence behind her.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:08 am
Zamistia knew F'nar wanted her to speak up for herself, to get what she needed. He didn't need to say it, she just knew him and how he wanted the best for her. Nanuth may not make her do such a thing, but he did definitely nudge her to look after herself. Both her boys just loved her so much and she knew she would be telling them the same. After all, she had done so with Nanuth when she knew he was trying to act all brave and didn't need help. So, she would try to speak up a little more, if she needed to with the healing staff. It was the least she could do and it would put their minds at ease. While F'nar may not pick up on her being hurt, unless she winced or something, Nanuth would know right away.

"Alright, I will certainly let you know if I need anything...least while you are here. Thank you for the concern, I know you just want me to be taken care of. And no, I am sure I have enough food here to last a bit. If I run out, I am would imagine Belia would send more..even without any prompting. She'll make sure we are not lacking in food,"she admitted with a smile. She could see he was concerned, even if he tried to hide it and she wasn't a dragon. She picked up on the subtle hints of it, knowing him too well. Just as she was about to suggest they eat some, she saw his little green flit come and head off with one of the muffins.

"Well, I guess we aren't the only ones who wanted a muffin. Good thing there are so many,"she spoke, a giggle coming from the red headed girl. Blanket popped in and curled up on her shoulder, giving a disproving chirp. She reached up to stroke his head, to let the little brown know it was okay.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:37 am
Both of his calloused hands covered his face and F'nar made an exasperated noise halfway between a groan and a sigh. Voice muffled by his hands he offered, "How did I ever train runners when I can't even make one little green fire lizard have manners?" by way of apology. His hands drug down his face until he could clap them together and lean back with a grumbling laugh. "Ah well, it's not like I really need to train her so much as keep her from running wreck through everything in the Weyr."

Paint Ball gave a small twirling trumpet to him from the ledge above a window where she ate her spoils with gusto. F'nar shook a fist at her halfheartedly and entirely sarcastically, no hint of threat anywhere.

"Well your sister could keep the whole of the Weyr fed if the cooks would let her in there for half a second. I shudder to think what it would be like if Thread weren't falling and she were free to run amok in there even more than she already does." The very thought of it made his eyes widen just a little bit as he took a muffin for himself and started eating. He might not have been hungry but the brownrider knew if he didn't eat then Zamistia might not eat either. Which was unacceptable, partially given how much food there was. "Just make sure you eat more of it than fire lizards and other people in the healers do."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:54 am
Zamistia couldn't help but laugh some more hearing the groan/sigh combination of her weyrmate. She heard what he said about wondering how someone who trained runners had so much trouble with one green firelizard. She knew his little green had a mind of her own sometimes. As long as she didn't cause too much trouble, then she supposed it wouldn't be that bad. Another giggle escaped from her as Paint Ball did a trumpet and F'nar shook his fist sarcastically to her.

"I imagine that some fire lizards are just harder to keep in line than others. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, as long as she stays out of too much trouble. And I imagine Belia would feed the whole Weyr, if she was allowed to and had the time to. As it is, Thread definitely keeps her quite busy. And alright, I will try to eat more of it than others, expect for you. I want to make sure you get your fill too,"she told him gently. She was glad to see him take one of the muffins and started eating. It wouldn't surprise her if he hadn't been eating much more than he had been sleeping since she wound up here. She took a muffin of her own and took a bite.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas