[prp] Concerns [Nya/R'uun/??? + dergs]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:48 pm
It was rare for the young woman to have a day off- and rarer still for it to align with her brother's restday. She'd invited him (read: forced him) into having a picnic with her on the lakeshore. Two distinctly dragons lay curled up beside one another, sunbaking and providing their riders with something to rest upon.

Mictecath had healed well after the Fall, though she had suffered only minor scores and burns. Indarrath was almost fully grown, stocky and large where Mic was slender, lean and whip-like in build. The Queen dwarfed her green companion, but Indy made a good go of it.

Nya bit into sandwiches she herself had prepared, whilst R'uun sipped unenthusiastically from a small flask of fruit juice. "What's on your mind?" It was hard to be worried when the weather was just so lovely, and her tone was pleasant and friendly despite the frown on his face.

"You know... Indy's clutchmate Rose the other day... And eventually she will too."

Nya's brows raised a little, her smile quirking towards one side. "I know you have lessons on this. They explain to you-"

"Yes... I know... It's not that."

"What is it, then?"

"It's just... Nyara... I think I like..." R'uun trailed off, flushing a shade of red that clashed with his shirt.

The goldrider tilted her head, perplexed for a moment... It was no... Had he been trying to /hide/ it? She suppressed a chuckle as quickly as she could, regaining her composure as she smoothed down her skirts. "R'uun, that's okay. It's fine to like who you like. You don't need to hide it."

"But what if Indarrath picks someone who, you know... Has a girl rider?"

The humour vanished from Nya's face, turning to a sort of blank surprise. "Well, I mean... We do exist. We're around buddy, like it or not." She took another bite from her sandwich, more hesitant this time. She shrugged her shoulders, settling against Mictecath's forearms. The Queen moved her head slightly, exhaling softly on her rider. /Of course you do. I would have no other be mine./

R'uun shook his head, eyes drawn to the exchange. Awe lingered in his expression- still, at the sheer size of the masked queen. He reached out instinctively to rub Indarrath's nose as she nudged him comfortingly. /I will find a mate who will suit us both... Besides, I know your thoughts linger on another... Perhaps, someday you might be united? That would be nice./ R'uun flushed again, much more embarrassed this time. Why hadn't he heard back..? Had something happened to the letter? His heart twisted a little, self-doubt wheedling itself there and into his mind.

"She's such a beautiful dragon. I know Mictecath was harsh on you when you left... But honestly, I'm glad you Impressed here. Spending five Turns apart would not have sat well."

R'uun smiled at his sister's words, but he didn't miss the queen's pointed look. She had been very firm in her dismay of him, although that had been countered by her joy at his return (and failure at Western).

"It'll work out. Indarrath has your best interests at heart...s. She loves you dearly."

Comforted, the young man nodded. It was tough not to be concerned by the future, but somehow Indarrath (as well as his friends and family) made it a whole lot brighter and easier.

Quote:
Am still slow, but feel free to join the picnic if you wanna chat/slice of life arpee. <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:07 am
It had been a very near thing, Rixth's death. As it was, the bronze had been left forever changed, his shining hide now swirled with just as many tender scars as there were spiraling patterns. A few spots on his back remained wrapped even now, and a very close examination of his wing membranes would reveal that they were thinner than they should have been in places, their edges jagged and torn.

The dragon walked with his rider toward the lake, his progress slow for a beast his size, but still requiring T'en to keep up a decent pace to stay at his side. Rixth sent Mictecath a wave of almost giddy affection as they neared, greeting Indarrath with something more subdued and polite.

Such a glorious day. I wouldn't have minded sitting in the sun by myself, but your company will make it even better. If I'm invited, of course.

T'en couldn't hear what the siblings were talking about before he got close, but he also wasn't afraid to ask. The man grinned, though it didn't hide how tired he seemed. Hair that once reflected his impish mood now hung limp and slightly longer than usual, his efforts to look effortless pushed aside while his dragon recovered. He dropped to a seat near the pair, then after a moment continued to recline until he was on his back, looking up at the sky.

"Good afternoon, Nyara and Nyara's brother." He could have come up with R'uun's name had he thought about it hard enough, but this was more fun. "What're we talking about?"

Sweet Symmetry

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas