Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] The Details of New Life (Jynnat + Brenva + Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:48 pm
Senior Weyrlinghood was agreeing with Brenva, she found. The chores made more sense, the working on Flight and Betweening and such...The study. It was something that lent itself well to the hardworking Greenrider pair. However, the more they learned, the more they explored the word on paper or elsewise, the more that Skalmath itched to get out and see it properly. The little green had, today, taken a fascination with one of her Mother's clutchmates and had been all but stalking the Blue from afar, watching he and the Rider work, before poking at Brenva, Pleeease!! I just want to know what they've seen and dealt with. We're going! Taking a soft breath, she tossed some of her hair back, sighing.

Sometimes I wonder why you even ask me. Let's go then. The Nabollan woman turned and headed out to the lake, knowing well that was where her Green would call Begath and Jynnat to meet them. It meant that Skalmath could REALLY intensely study the Blue and Rider alike. There was so much to learn! Mr. Begath? Would you please come here? I've got so many questions I'd just love to ask you, and Mine needs friends anyaways.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:05 pm
TheWishling

User Image

Jynnat was tending the scores in the sun of their ledge that the blue had obtained in their last threadfall. The wounds were healing nicely she thought as she gently applied numbweed sparingly only to the places that still really needed it. "Not much longer now I think and you'll be back in the air and up to your usual tricks." He craned his neck around and whirled a mischievous blue eye at his rider. I never stopped my tricks. "Yes I know," Jynnat commented with heavy irony.

While she was finishing up, the blue head swiveled away from her and out towards the bowl intently. She wondered what was up, but kept working. Are you almost done mine? The blue asked with a curious tone. Jynnat wondered what he was up to, but answered anyhow. "Nearly. Just a couple more small spots." When you're done, our presence has been requested. "Oh? By who?" You'll see. To the waiting green he responded, I and Mine would be delighted Skalmath. Just give us a few moments.

It didn't take long to finish, and clean up. Jynnat put the jars away and climbed up onto his back. While he would have loved to show off for the green below, he knew with his rider just hanging on like that it wasn't a good idea. She'd made very sure he understood that from the beginning. Begath did put a flourish into his landing though. Here we are. What kind of questions did you darlings have? Jynnat slide down his side, careful not to smudge the numbweed. She studied the weyrling pair. "Hello."

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:19 pm
The sight of the blue coming down excited the young Green, who bucked and twirled around on the ground. Her long tail lashed back and forth, stocky body practically moving in circles, making her rider back up with a raised brow as she watched her Lifemate. Normally, Skalmath was excitable when her curiousity was being sated, but this was...a bit much. Was she really so itchy to get out of here? It was a strange thought honestly. However, she made sure there was room for the Blue and Rider, before nodding her hello to Jynnat, "...Jynnat of Blue Begath, right? The Blue you impressed is brother to Skalmath's mother."

The green practically danced around the thread-scored Blue, trilling her excitement to her Uncle, I have so many. So much curiousity. I could only learn so much from my mother and father, and from the books they make us read and the coordinates...Will you tell me about the world? About what the cities and land outside of the Weyr look like? Tell me what fighting thread is like?

Brenva sighed, rolling her eyes, "...I will apologize in advance." Her voice filled with fondness, "Skalmath is eager to explore, and see the world beyond the weyr."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:09 pm
TheWishling

You have some interesting moves there Skalmath! The blue complimented as he tucked his wings against his sides. Mine this is Skalmath and hers. Jynnat's lips twitched slightly. Not exactly helpful where the rider was concerned. "Yes, I'm Jynnat. Congratulations on Impressing Skalmath..." She trailed off with a slight arch of her brow in the hopes the rider would supply her own name. It was difficult to know every name in the weyr, though she should probably know those of the current crop of weyrlings. "Apologies, I'm drawing a blank right now."

Jynnat pondered at the relation. To be Skalmath's mother, meant she was the gold from Begath's clutch. Not that the pair really had anything to do with her. The rider wondered why the pair had picked them. "So what can we help you with?" Begath settled down, tilting his head as he listened. The weyrlingmaster or their assistance could also help answer questions. It didn't hurt to point the pair towards good sources of help.

Still, let me think. He tucked his tail around his haunches. The world is big. Very big. The terrain is so varied; there are mountains like where we live, flat plains as far as the eye can see, hills, and forests, and swamps. The blue provided pictures for the young green pair as he spoke. Begath shook his head. I don't know what cities are. The humans without dragons live in major dwelling caves with a lot of them are called Holds, and smaller groups which are called holds. The humans who live in these places are often afraid of us.

Jynnat smiled. "Enthusiasm is nothing to be sorry about. Come while she quizzes Begath, do you have any questions?" Begath glanced at his numbweed covered hide, fighting Thread hurts if it gets on you. You have to go between very fast or it will eat you up. He sounded serious and solemn about this.

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:45 pm
"Ah, I'm Brenva. Originally from Nabol, now here, I guess, more permanently." It was a surprising thought, knowing that she would be a Rider of High Reaches, never have to worry about the mark-grubbing dullards from Nabol getting their hold on her again. Closing her eyes, she tried to tame her wild, dark curls back out of her face, pulling her hair back in to a ponytail as she listened to Jynnat, "I've told her much the same of the Weyrlingmaster or Assistants, but she's....INTENT on learning from Dragons." Her eyes softened as she carefully bounced on the balls of her feet, watching the Blue, "...Threadfall was rough this go for a lot of people, it seems." Her voice was soft, "That's I think...The part I'm most afraid of. Or getting lost Between. The rest of it...Even the stress of threadfall, I'm not....worried about it. Sometimes life prepares you for the hardships."

The little Green bounced, moving to settle as she watched the pictures he gave her, head spinning at the thought of so much difference in terrain, I can't believe that the world has so many different things. We've been studying our Betweening coordinates, and have done some work with it and even studied flying...but I want to get out there...To see...EVERYTHING. Her tail tucked around her feet as she daydreamed slightly, those eyes swirling blue and green and purple, back and forth, back and forth, ....I'm prepared for Thread. I know well that this is my duty for Pern and I've been ready for it from the day I was out of the egg. Once we're in the air, My Brenva and I will take to it well. I've no doubt. Her own tone was far more solemn, as she moved to sniff at the numbweed, making a small 'face' (as much as a dragonet could) at the scent.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 pm
TheWishling

Jynnat chuckled. "Welcome Brenva, if belatedly. Dragons do kinda have that effect." Once you were a dragonrider you always had a place to call home. "Well they have dragons to learn from too, and probably more experience than Begath in teaching." She eyed her blue. "I hope it doesn't go to his head." She nodded, "it was. I'm not sure many came back completely unscathed. As you can see, Begath is still healing up himself. They are painful and you have to pay careful attention to them."

She was glad the blue had only gotten minor scorings. Some others had not been so lucky. Jynnat looked at the other woman. "Thread, it's scary. I won't lie about that. Always picture good coordinates for your dragon and you won't go wrong. Pay close attention in your between classes.

Begath chuckled for the young green's enthusiasm. Don't you worry Skalmath. They'll get you up there quickly enough, and when you don't want to go up anymore they'll keep taking you up. There is a lot to see though, and they'll make sure you get taken around to all the important places.

The blue nodded. I think every dragon is. His eyes whirled a blue of amusement as she sniffed his scores. It smells awful, and its even worst when they make it! But it's Well Worth it when you have a score. If you or your rider ever have troubles with your lessons, particularly flight and formation drills, come to us. My Jynnat can do those in her sleep. He couldn't resist a small brag about his rider.

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 am
"I've noticed. It's nice though." She wanted nothing more than to rub those very large green headknobs, amazed at how much Skalmath had grown from the hatchling she'd once been able to pick up. Listening to Jynnat talk, the Greenrider sighed quietly, her nose twitching, "The pair of us seem to have a knack for Betweening. Study is easy for me, since the Craft that I was in before Skalmath required a lot of study, and I learned a lot about the world. Skalmath is just...a bit too eager to see what lies beyond High Reaches. She wants to know the world more intimately...not that I blame her." Indeed, Brenva could hardly fault Skalmath for her curiousity.

The young Green shifted to lay, her forelegs delicately crossed, large wings spreading to take in some of the sun as she listened to Begath, I will keep that in mind! Formation drills aren't as easy to fall in to, but am ready and sure that I will be able to learn. For after all, Skalmath was a warrior queen, much as Her Brenva, and the pair would be able to take their place in the skies, of this the young one was sure. Nonetheless, she seemed to think, wondering, Do any dragons ever get to both explore, AND fight thread? I would like to do both but it seems that most fighters are bound here to the Weyr...I do not know if my restless heart can take that.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:07 pm
TheWishling

She nodded with complete understanding. It was nice to have a place to call home; particularly if you hadn't had one before. The older rider nodded as she listened. "Value that ability Brenva. That one will save you and your dragon's hide more often than you can count when you fight Thread. That's good too. You can always offer your help to other weyrlings who are having a harder time in that."

Jynnat laughed. "Don't worry about that too much. You both will be seeing a large portion of Pern in your lessons. The weyrlingmaster and assistants will drill and drill and drill you both on those points. They can save your lives too. Don't slack or get careless with those."

They get easier with practice, the blue responded confidently. And if the dragon isn't trying to add flair to them, the rider hazed her dragon a little. The blue turned a whirling blue eye upon his rider with amusement, you know they looked way cooler my way.

Never having being asked that before, Begath relayed the question to his rider. Jynnat frowned in thought before turning to the green. "Not to my knowledge? Pern is pretty well explored. I suppose you could spend most of your time here at the weyr, and then go out on your restdays. But actually being sent out by the Weyr? That I'm not sure."

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:18 am
"Thank you..." Her smile was small, eyes closing. Having someone help her and approve of her actions was...nice. Jynnat was easy to talk to, and it was just nice not to be on edge, "We'll make sure we work on it and drill it as best we can." She watched as the green wiggled slightly, and tossed her head, excitement moving through both of them as Skalmath thought of the flare she could put on her moves....It got a laugh from Brenva, "I'm sure we'll manage with maps and such. Skalmath is just itchy being stuck in the Weyr."

The green got up and danced a bit on the ground, her wings flapping, I'm sure I'll be amazing when I get in the air. We're going to be one of the best threadfighting teams ever! Her body twisted in a turn, and she flopped again on the earth, her tail thumping as she bugled her pleasure, Well, as long as I can explore on my Restdays, I'm happy. I want nothing more than to see all of Pern! As much as is charted and beyond!
magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff