Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Keep Your Head Up (T'ry/D'rok + Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:10 pm
Drills, drills, drills.

He'd always known that becoming a dragonrider always would entail a lot of learning how to fly - not the kind where you flapped your (well, Khazariath's) wings and were suddenly airborne. The kind where you learned how to trust your fellows to be where they needed to be while also still being painfully aware of everything around you.

Khazariath's lean and dainty build made him easily the most nimble of the larger colors of their clutch - he was obviously being outsized by the browns, even - but D'rok had found a certain love for the way the wind blew through his hair when they really picked up some speed. But Khazariath's speed was nothing compared to some of the other colors and the bronze couldn't help but look on a touch enviously for his position.

He'd never be the strongest, nor the fastest in the air and briefly he found himself staring on after one of his blue brothers with that notion in mind. You'll be the smartest - and the safest, because you have me! D'rok assured with a wave of love. Khazariath would never get enough of it, holding it tightly.

Still, it hadn't passed D'rok's notice which blue Khazariath had been looking on after, and D'rok felt a familiar twinge of guilt. The bronze swept it away and instead reached out to Cordeth - Cordeth, do you find these drills becoming easier for you? he asked curiously. Did they ever really become easy?

Dawns_Aura
Note: D'rok's 'guilt' is that he spooked Cordeth during the Touching, lmao. Just immediate hand contact = FEAR FROM EGG.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm
Practice, practice, practice. That was what most of their so-called free time consisted of, even outside of drills. Because they weren’t the best, nor were they the worst. They were comfortable, solid. They could be counted on to know their place. To be in their place. But this was only true as long as they worked on it.

Which was what they were doing when he heard the bronze. The call was perhaps not sudden, because who knows how long he had been near, they had been rather focused on what they were doing after all. It was enough to break the blue’s focus and send him into a panic. Missing his place, and messing up the drill. Oh goodness. T’ry, we didn’t… I’m sorry. I messed up. I’ll do better next time.

T’ry placed a gentle hand on the blue’s neck. Easy, love. It wasn’t your fault. It’s ok.

Cordeth took a moment to soak in the offered affection. It was ok. This was only practice. Not even one they were being watched on, not one they were assigned. This was just the two of them trying to do better, to become better. To be the best they could. To be able to be counted on.

Cordeth faced his brother. It was just his brother. And it was just an innocent question. A question he could answer. Not… not easier, but. We can do them. And do well. It’s just. Just a matter of place and timing.

Knowing T’ry was there, he was feeling a little more confident than usual. How… how are you finding drills? Are they difficult for you?

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:46 am
There was a small jolt of surprise and worry through their bond as Cordeth fumbled in response to Khazariath's words and D'rok had to soothe his lifemate for having had good intentions. Apologies - I didn't mean to break your concentration, despite a somewhat formal way of speaking, there was enough emotion conveyed simply through psychic touch that Khazariath hoped that it was clear he truly did mean it sincerely.

D'rok, for his part, waved to T'ry in a similar gesture of apology from his place.

It is a matter of place and timing - but from what I have been able to see you are getting exponentially better, Weyrl8ngs had a steep improvement curve, sure, but there was no reason to not appreciate the individual efforts that grew along them. I find they are....physically easier. It is a lot of work to make sure the body does as the mind requests quickly enough.

dawns_aura

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff