Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:05 am
Clove Boheme
empress dee
Clove Boheme
IRL I'm wearing arm-warmers (detachable sleeves) with my t-shirt, which are actually repurposed leg-warmers but worn on arms. Sparkle acrylic ribbed black knit. Comfortable and does the trick! ❤️👽

I do not wear that kind of thing, but it does sound comfy. Someone I know wears animated hoodies and onesies. They are a cute sense of fashion that even though its best worn on Halloween, it does serve as entertainment or decent pajamas. I'd get a onesie just for the sake that it could be worn as pajamas.

I thought that onsies were a type of pajamas. Well, they were for my son, when he was an infant.

I sewed a onsie-type cat costume for him (for a Halloween party) when he was around 6 years old. I didn't have much money, so I bought blue plush car-seat covers from the Salvation Army, and changed the paper sewing pattern, to fit the fabric -- I joined top and bottom half sections of the onsie, before sewing it all together, making sure the nap faced in a similar direction. I also bought a similar tone of blue felt, and for the tail, I alternated strips of felt + plush to make an interesting striped tail. I used the blue felt for the tummy section -- like a long oval -- which saved on the blue plush fabric even further.

I also bought decorative puffy glue paint, and beaded extra decorations on the blue felt tummy, tail and handmade mask I created for him. Luckily he was at an age where he didn't mind this kind of costume, and even called himself "Meow-x" for his own name of "Alex."

The following year I sewed him a Batman costume, and later a T-Rex dinosaur onsie-type costume,(very cool lizard-like markings on the fabric) with a very realistic tyrannosaurus rubber mask. Grrrrr!

I'm wearing my detachable sleeves with my short-sleeved T-shirt right now, and although my significant other says, "You shouldn't be cold!" my arms disagree with him. I have the right to bare arms or cover them with arm warmers. Snuggly and sparkly at the same time. cat_3nodding

I suppose they could be, but I have seen streamers wear them on camera. Get the right ones and not only are you comfy, but you look cute too. Plus, they are great for Halloween.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:56 am
empress dee
Clove Boheme
empress dee
Clove Boheme
IRL I'm wearing arm-warmers (detachable sleeves) with my t-shirt, which are actually repurposed leg-warmers but worn on arms. Sparkle acrylic ribbed black knit. Comfortable and does the trick! ❤️👽

I do not wear that kind of thing, but it does sound comfy. Someone I know wears animated hoodies and onesies. They are a cute sense of fashion that even though its best worn on Halloween, it does serve as entertainment or decent pajamas. I'd get a onesie just for the sake that it could be worn as pajamas.

I thought that onsies were a type of pajamas. Well, they were for my son, when he was an infant.

I sewed a onsie-type cat costume for him (for a Halloween party) when he was around 6 years old. I didn't have much money, so I bought blue plush car-seat covers from the Salvation Army, and changed the paper sewing pattern, to fit the fabric -- I joined top and bottom half sections of the onsie, before sewing it all together, making sure the nap faced in a similar direction. I also bought a similar tone of blue felt, and for the tail, I alternated strips of felt + plush to make an interesting striped tail. I used the blue felt for the tummy section -- like a long oval -- which saved on the blue plush fabric even further.

I also bought decorative puffy glue paint, and beaded extra decorations on the blue felt tummy, tail and handmade mask I created for him. Luckily he was at an age where he didn't mind this kind of costume, and even called himself "Meow-x" for his own name of "Alex."

The following year I sewed him a Batman costume, and later a T-Rex dinosaur onsie-type costume,(very cool lizard-like markings on the fabric) with a very realistic tyrannosaurus rubber mask. Grrrrr!

I'm wearing my detachable sleeves with my short-sleeved T-shirt right now, and although my significant other says, "You shouldn't be cold!" my arms disagree with him. I have the right to bare arms or cover them with arm warmers. Snuggly and sparkly at the same time. cat_3nodding

I suppose they could be, but I have seen streamers wear them on camera. Get the right ones and not only are you comfy, but you look cute too. Plus, they are great for Halloween.

Kigurumi are indeed technically pajama onesies for adults. Though many use them as just casual wear or part of cosplays.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:49 pm
So I played the game Legends of Arceus today, that's the newest Pokemon game, and unlike the other games when your pokemon team faints, you black out as well, you can actually run out of the way otherwise the pokemon you challenged will try to kill you.

With Pokemon under level 20, I challenged a level 40 Alpha pokemon, which I admit was stupid, but I wanted to see if I could do it.

Beautiful Pokemon too. A rapidash.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:01 pm
empress dee
So I played the game Legends of Arceus today, that's the newest Pokemon game, and unlike the other games when your pokemon team faints, you black out as well, you can actually run out of the way otherwise the pokemon you challenged will try to kill you.

With Pokemon under level 20, I challenged a level 40 Alpha pokemon, which I admit was stupid, but I wanted to see if I could do it.

My son and his wife have played various versions of the Pokemon games, and I watched the animated television program with him when he was small -- but I never really got into playing the video games, to be honest. I learned about the first generation of characters and their evolutions from a circular card game, that came in its own circular zippered pouch with a Pokeball logo on the reverse of each card.

The following is an image of one of Alex's favorite Pokemon (from 2006) from a desktop design I had posted on DeviantART. I created the dark dusky blue fractal design for the desktop with the GIMP, and the pocket Charizard design was a special place where Alex kept his Pokemon files [on the desktop.]

User Image

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:19 am
Clove Boheme
empress dee

My son and his wife have played various versions of the Pokemon games, and I watched the animated television program with him when he was small -- but I never really got into playing the video games, to be honest. I learned about the first generation of characters and their evolutions from a circular card game, that came in its own circular zippered pouch with a Pokeball logo on the reverse of each card.

The following is an image of one of Alex's favorite Pokemon (from 2006) from a desktop design I had posted on DeviantART. I created the dark dusky blue fractal design for the desktop with the GIMP, and the pocket Charizard design was a special place where Alex kept his Pokemon files [on the desktop.]

User Image

a lot of people like Charizard so that doesn't come as a surprise to me. But there are like over 800 pokemon in the world now and naming them all... thats a chore and a half. Serebii.net is a good place to go to get info on Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:34 pm
cat_3nodding cat_3nodding cat_3nodding
empress dee
Clove Boheme
empress dee

User Image

a lot of people like Charizard so that doesn't come as a surprise to me. But there are like over 800 pokemon in the world now and naming them all... thats a chore and a half. Serebii.net is a good place to go to get info on Pokemon.

I am glad that I just know enough about Pokemon, to get some of the jokes around them. cat_3nodding  

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 pm
BatChic
empress dee
Clove Boheme
empress dee

User Image

I am glad that I just know enough about Pokemon, to get some of the jokes around them. cat_3nodding

There are lots of good things to learn from Pokemon, like did you know they are coming out with a new Pokemon game set called Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Scarlet for the Nintendo Switch in around November?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:24 pm
empress dee
BatChic
empress dee
Clove Boheme
empress dee

User Image

There are lots of good things to learn from Pokemon, like did you know they are coming out with a new Pokemon game set called Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Scarlet for the Nintendo Switch in around November?

I'll pass this info on to my son and his wife who love to play Pokemon. Thanks, Dee.  

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm
BatChic
empress dee
BatChic
empress dee
Clove Boheme
empress dee

User Image

I'll pass this info on to my son and his wife who love to play Pokemon. Thanks, Dee.

You're welcome. The trailer for it looks like a possible Detective Pikachu 2 intro, its that cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:20 pm
I ordered some new slippers online today. cat_3nodding  

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:55 am
Clove Boheme
I ordered some new slippers online today. cat_3nodding

Slippers can be fun. I have some spongebob squarepants slippers. They are great for when you have to wear something on your feet, but you are too lazy to put on shoes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:54 pm
I went to Six Flags last week.  

Eclairl

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff