8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:08 pm
User Image

Christmas is coming.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:56 am
Happy holidays to all. Be sure to check out the Christmas lights all over.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm
I wonder if opening a can of spam, here, is like opening a can of worms. If so, then I'd like to be a bird. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:50 pm
I am increasing my platinum amount every time I post. Such fun! ❤️👽  

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:57 am
There is way too much emphasis on the Anti-Covid restriction reactions from the Alberta trucker convoy in Ottawa on CBC news right now. It saddens me. cat_sad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:02 am
IRL I'm wearing arm-warmers (detachable sleeves) with my t-shirt, which are actually repurposed leg-warmers but worn on arms. Sparkle acrylic ribbed black knit. Comfortable and does the trick! ❤️👽  

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:18 am
Clove Boheme
There is way too much emphasis on the Anti-Covid restriction reactions from the Alberta trucker convoy in Ottawa on CBC news right now. It saddens me. cat_sad

I am glad that someone agrees with me about the Mother Gothel situation. This whole Covid nonsense has got to be dropped. I say who cares with how many people it infected? How many people get struck by the flu or a simple head cold case and point? People die from sickness every day and while we do as much as we can to stop it from happening, sometimes it just isn't going to work.

If there is anyone to blame for this whole mess its the entire government body from the entire world not just one country. All government on some level is corrupt. It does not matter where or how it started, but the reason it isn't stopping is the government's fault. Until we can find a definite solution, which should only be handled by medical personnel, the rest of us should go about our daily lives. If we are sick, we stay home. If we show no symptoms of being sick then provided that the weather is permittable, then we can go out.

Of this whole ordeal, I do agree with one thing... the mask wearing idea. Too many people do not cover their mouths and noses when they cough or sneeze. This is who we really blame for the cause of covid. Someone who did not cover their mouth when they coughed or sneezed its as simple as that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:21 am
Clove Boheme
IRL I'm wearing arm-warmers (detachable sleeves) with my t-shirt, which are actually repurposed leg-warmers but worn on arms. Sparkle acrylic ribbed black knit. Comfortable and does the trick! ❤️👽

I do not wear that kind of thing, but it does sound comfy. Someone I know wears animated hoodies and onesies. They are a cute sense of fashion that even though its best worn on Halloween, it does serve as entertainment or decent pajamas. I'd get a onesie just for the sake that it could be worn as pajamas.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:32 am
empress dee
Clove Boheme

I do not wear that kind of thing, but it does sound comfy. Someone I know wears animated hoodies and onesies. They are a cute sense of fashion that even though its best worn on Halloween, it does serve as entertainment or decent pajamas. I'd get a onesie just for the sake that it could be worn as pajamas.

I thought that onsies were a type of pajamas. Well, they were for my son, when he was an infant.

I sewed a onsie-type cat costume for him (for a Halloween party) when he was around 6 years old. I didn't have much money, so I bought blue plush car-seat covers from the Salvation Army, and changed the paper sewing pattern, to fit the fabric -- I joined top and bottom half sections of the onsie, before sewing it all together, making sure the nap faced in a similar direction. I also bought a similar tone of blue felt, and for the tail, I alternated strips of felt + plush to make an interesting striped tail. I used the blue felt for the tummy section -- like a long oval -- which saved on the blue plush fabric even further.

I also bought decorative puffy glue paint, and beaded extra decorations on the blue felt tummy, tail and handmade mask I created for him. Luckily he was at an age where he didn't mind this kind of costume, and even called himself "Meow-x" for his own name of "Alex."

The following year I sewed him a Batman costume, and later a T-Rex dinosaur onsie-type costume,(very cool lizard-like markings on the fabric) with a very realistic tyrannosaurus rubber mask. Grrrrr!

I'm wearing my detachable sleeves with my short-sleeved T-shirt right now, and although my significant other says, "You shouldn't be cold!" my arms disagree with him. I have the right to bare arms or cover them with arm warmers. Snuggly and sparkly at the same time. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:18 pm
Clove Boheme

Ooooooh. Love that for you.  

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:30 pm
September Equinox
Clove Boheme

Thank you!❤️ And when I get too warm, I just slip them off.(If I could knit, I'd make some pastel striped ones, and ones in black and white. YUM!) cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:30 pm
Clove Boheme
September Equinox
Clove Boheme

Thank you!❤️ And when I get too warm, I just slip them off.(If I could knit, I'd make some pastel striped ones, and ones in black and white. YUM!) cat_3nodding

I wish I could knit. I only know some embroidery basics...  

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:37 pm
September Equinox
Clove Boheme
September Equinox
Clove Boheme

Those embroidery basics can really take you far! When you combine these with appliqué and beading, you can get quite creative. Keep it up, and grab yourself an Embroidery Dictionary that you can refer to, as a visual reference for specific projects.

I created quilted & embroidered Christmas stockings (decorations) years ago, and it is great to pull these out year after year to enjoy every Christmas. My mother made some for us as children -- out of felt, adorned with embroidery and sequins. So I wanted to continue this tradition, with some sewing techniques I learned along the way.

And the more you work at it, the better you will get. I remember the first embroidery sampler I created -- when I was around 17 years old -- which was a head shot of a cartoon guy on a faded blue T-shirt. I created the drawing, and selected embroidery stiches that would suit the design elements best -- such as buttonhole stich for the eyes, feather stich for the hair, and the chain stitch for outlining the face.

It was my first attempt, and by practicing on an old T-shirt, I had nothing to lose. xD Such fun! ❤️👽  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Cold water and fruit Danish pastry  

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:03 am
Clove Boheme
September Equinox
Clove Boheme
September Equinox
Clove Boheme

Those embroidery basics can really take you far! When you combine these with appliqué and beading, you can get quite creative. Keep it up, and grab yourself an Embroidery Dictionary that you can refer to, as a visual reference for specific projects.

I created quilted & embroidered Christmas stockings (decorations) years ago, and it is great to pull these out year after year to enjoy every Christmas. My mother made some for us as children -- out of felt, adorned with embroidery and sequins. So I wanted to continue this tradition, with some sewing techniques I learned along the way.

And the more you work at it, the better you will get. I remember the first embroidery sampler I created -- when I was around 17 years old -- which was a head shot of a cartoon guy on a faded blue T-shirt. I created the drawing, and selected embroidery stiches that would suit the design elements best -- such as buttonhole stich for the eyes, feather stich for the hair, and the chain stitch for outlining the face.

It was my first attempt, and by practicing on an old T-shirt, I had nothing to lose. xD Such fun! ❤️👽

This sounds so cool! Like you could probably make Halloween costumes, really good ones. I had some great Halloween costumes as a kid that were made by my aunt. I might not have the patience for sewing and such, but I sure do appreciate the people that do.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff