Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:46 pm
It could have been a lot worse.

She was going to make it worse at the rate she was going, but Cetra's stubborn pride had spoken, and she'd refused the shoulders she'd been offered to help her over to the healers. She'd been lucky enough to not be carrying anything when she'd misstepped and gone toppling bodily down the stairs and landed with just enough pain and crunch to briefly wonder if she'd broken anything.

By the time she'd actually limped in, her skin had already taken on a vaguely disgusting color around her ankle - not quite a bruise, but a promise of one to come...and it wouldn't be the only place on her body that had begun to do so.

"Sorry, hi. I uh...when you have a minute!" Cetra was exceedingly calm about it, pointing down at her leg to the closest healer and smiling.

This was fine!

Tsunake
Assuming Nassiva can take the reigns if you want razz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:53 pm
"How can I--" Nassiva had started to say with a smile when her eyes landed on that bruised mess of an ankle and how the flesh was already beginning to swell. "Faranth, child! Sit down!" If Cetra didn't do so immediately, Nassiva would fuss and (gently) take her by the shoulders to steer to to the nearest cot. "Prop that up for me, dear, and take off your shoe, if you would... Hunthyex!" She called. "I need some bandages, please."

The pale young man came at once, only the briefest expression of surprise flickering through his eyes before he handed the bandages to Nassiva. "Took a bit of a tumble?" He asked, all sympathy and concern... save for the slightly knowing look on his face. She was probably trying to carry a box full of rocks up the stairs just to prove she could.

Nassiva clicked her tongue for a moment, still frowning. "I'm also going to need to bind this tightly." She warned, already unraveling the bandages so she could begin to tightly wrap the ankle. "You, my girl, are not to walk on this for at least a sevenday." And she'd see about getting Cetra off of any chores that required moving or standing.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:05 pm
While a proud creature, Cetra was, arguably, not a stupid one and didn't fight or fuss as Nassiva herded her to sit down, taking off her shoe with nary a complaint or wince for how awful the whole thing looked. Though she did look at her ankle, all propped up, with a look like a baby dragon who had just hunted their first wherry and were surprised it had stopped moving.

The thought was lost when another person walked up and she-

Ÿ̵̢̡̹̟̻͇̣͎̰͕͎̤ͅO̶̜̳̞͈̹͎͎͛̅̾̿̈́͘̚Ǘ̷̪̫̎̅̓̎͒̃̈̕

Her eyes said it, more than her face, but her lips tightened just enough into a grimace that perhaps would be blamed on the state of her ankle or her scraped hands (she had, after all, tried to catch herself). "Like a little baby caprine over its own feet," she answered, her tone a lot less sweet than it should - could - have been. But again, it could have all been blamed on that sweet swollen ankle of hers.

Nassiva, however, said something far more concerning: "It can't be that bad, is it?" Sure, she was prone to bruising like a delicate piece of fruit, but it hadn't been awful to walk on......Cetra was already trying to convince herself it just looked bad and maybe ignoring Nassiva's instructions would be alright...

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 pm
If Nassiva noted the extremely subtle tension between the Candidates, she didn't comment. There were more important things to worry about right now--and she was carefully wrapping that ankle so it wouldn't roll again!

"Poor thing." He clicked his tongue. "But the good news is, I bet you'll be off your feet for a while... Am I correct, Healer Nassiva?"

The woman's eyes had narrowed a touch at Cetra's words--they were just a little too close to what a certain dragonrider sputtered whenever he'd taken an impossible blow. "That would be correct. And I'm sorry, sweetie, but I'm afraid it is bad. If you push this too hard, you could do serious damage to yourself. You're all wrapped up, but I'm also going to give you some crutches to use. No weight on this at all, hear me?" Her sweet features hardened for a moment, and she waggled a finger in front of Cetra's nose before her features softened once more.

"When resting, I'd like you to keep it elevated... and you should also apply some ice to it for about twenty minutes at a time to help reduce the swelling. I'll talk to F'dral and let him know that you're on extremely light duty. No chores unless you can do them while seated." She patted the girl's thigh and rose. "Let me get those crutches for you."

After she'd left, Hunthyex lingered, looking her over with an absent, almost indifferent expression.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 pm
Cetra was not intimidated by Nassiva's hardned expression - because when it came to her pride, she was an idiot and was already stewing over the idea of having to stay off her leg for a whole sevenday! Useless! She was practically useless!! And it absolutely steamed her up inside.

"Got it..." she grumbled, clearly displeased - but who would be pleased when they'd just completely rolled their ankle - though fortunately not broken anything too seriously. There she was, looking every bit the delicate lamb she was trying to not be. Over a tumble. A little tumble down some stairs.

Cetra couldn't help herself, grabbing her shoe (which very much could not go back on) and throwing it into the ground with enough force for it to bounce twice and resting her head in her hands. She cursed her weak body, even if she refused to let it be helpless. After a moment, she finally looked to Hunthyex with a scowl - "Well, you might as well say it while she's gone. I know you're thinking it."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 pm
Hunthyex kept an ear out, not about to get himself into trouble by saying something scathing just as Nassiva walked back in. "Is there any point?" He asked, arching a brow to watch as she tossed her shoe in a fit of temper. "Bad enough you hurt yourself. Then you went made it worse by walking on it like you did."

And because of it, she'd assigned herself the punishment she hated most of all: sitting around and doing nothing. The irony didn't escape him.

He shrugged and made a show of looking over her wrapped leg. She'd brought this all on herself, pushing past her limits as if sheer willpower would overcome her physical limitations.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:31 am
She couldn't keep from scowling, even if he was 100% right - Cetra just didn't like that he was the one saying it. When he leaned down to at least pretend to look at her leg, she was tempted to just jerk it into his face to see if she could break his nose or something...but she was better than that and as infuriating as he was, she wasn't going to get sent home over some a*****e.

"I'd break my body into a thousand pieces if it meant putting it back together as something more than...." Cetra crinkled up her nose, "than a little fragile toy that people want to see me as." As much as she had - and did - love her father, he'd left her deeply ingrained with the feeling of being treated as though she was made of glass.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm
"And leave everyone else to clean up the mess you make while doing so." Hunthyex was not at all impressed with her defiance. It all sounded so good and noble, didn't it? He rolled his eyes. "Maybe if you stopped breaking yourself, people wouldn't get the idea in the first place."

He'd said all he wanted to, and he noted with some amusement that Nassiva returned before Cetra had a chance to respond. The woman eyed the shoe that had clearly traveled from its previous location, but decided not to comment. "Here." The crutches were brought out and leaned against the nearby wall. Ice, too, would be offered with the intention of being applied to that swollen ankle.

"Maybe I ought to get you a bit of fellis, too..." She mused out loud to herself, a finger pressing to her lips.

demon_pachabel
Just to fuel the hate a little.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:29 pm
Nassiva may have been a responsible adult that didn't need to overhear it, but that didn't stay Cetra's tongue from a seething, scornful response to Hunthyex: "You saw me only as weak and small before you judged me the same as the rest!" No broken pieces needed. Anything else would be pulled back into a growl in her throat, frowning as she took the ice she was offered and gingerly wrapping it around the splinted ankle.

"I don't want fellis," she stated with certainty, moving to try and stand up out of sheer irritation now. "It doesn't hurt enough for it."

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff