[PRP] Social Hour (Sylfie/D'rok+Dergs) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:42 am
Do hurry, Mine, we don't want to be late! Hesperith 'encouraged,' fidgeting out on the weyrledge as she waited for Hers to gather up the necessary supplies and get out here already!

We're not going to be late, Sylfie countered, We're going to be half a candlemark early if we leave now. It's not like it's far to go. She could feel her dragon sigh, and knew she was already halfway into a sulk over it. What the gold wanted, she knew, was to be there early enough to ensure that she was properly arranged and looking just so - and to have a little extra time to scope out who else was having their bath today.

Not wanting to deal with a sulky dragon, Sylfie heaved a sigh of her own and abandoned braiding her hair. She could do it while Hesperith posed and dragon-watched until it was her preferred bathtime (which varied depending on the time of year and, thus, the position of the sun, as well as which time of day she observed to be busiest). Once she was ready, more or less, they glided down to the lake, where Hes proceeded with her scheduled posing and gazing - and warm, polite greetings to anyone she thought might be receptive. Sylfie shook her head and worked at fixing her braid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:33 am
A social bathing hour was a double edged sword for a dragon like Khazariath - while not a particularly shy dragon, there was something intimate about bathtime with his rider that made him prefer the quieter times. But both he and D'rok knew they could not always get what they wanted. It'll be better to save our karma anyways, D'rok mused, gently brushing over his dragon's neck with the sort of focus only a loving bond gave.

It was very different than being a helpful candidate.

Always one to be putting on his best, most distinguished side, Khazariath didn't have to rush to rearrange himself to be presentable when one of the Weyr's golds came to join them and the rest of the dragons who were busying themselves with some TLC. And good day to you, Hesperith, Khazariath greeted amicably. He was, at least, a gentleman.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:16 pm
The presence of one of the young dragons of the Weyr, even if not one of her own, was a delight; though she was only truly maternal with her own children - she would not dare to set a claw over the line with another Queen's offspring - she enjoyed their company as much as she did that of adult dragons. And this one was delightfully courteous, which was something she always appreciated.

I hope it finds you and Yours very well, Khazariath, she returned, her eyes a deep blue as she looked over the young bronze. He and his clutchmates were all coming along nicely, and as ever, she expected that next she turned around, they would be properly Blooded and then graduated. The Turn it took a dragon to grow seemed terribly short. It is an excellent day for a bath..though I suppose you must have yours most days regardless. Keeping up with the hide of a growing dragon was quite a lot of work!

Sylfie, for her part, offered a nod and a shy half-smile by way of acknowledgement. She'd grown better-accustomed to wrangling her way through conversations in spite of her anxiety, but some days it was easier than others, so she still tended towards avoidance at times.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:05 pm
D'rok chuckled to himself, contently spreading one of his dragon's wings so he could scrub along it - though Khazariath himself never broke the perfect poise he'd seated himself in. It is one of the things I love about you, along with the rest of him.

They are less and less frequent, though I daresay I do find a certain pleasure in being out in a splendorous day as today whether it is needed or not. The sun on a freshly scrubbed hide was simply pleasurable and he imagined the humans found being in the lake on a sunny day to be delightful for similar reason.

I'd dare guess it is the same for you, seeing as you've come to wash as well when you already appear to be glorious and gleaming.

D'rok knew it to not be an attempt at any sort of flirtation, but nearly laughed anyways. What a compliment! he teased, keeping himself from reaching out to bap the brush on the end of his dragon's nose. He did, however, catch Sylfie's eye and offer her a nod of acknowledgement. It'd be fine if the two of them kept to tending their dragons and let them do the talking instead.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Now that summer is finally here, it would be a shame not to enjoy it while it lasts. Though the winter snows were enchanting, a novel beauty compared to what she had known in her life prior to coming to High Reaches, at hearts the gold loved sunshine and warmth, and relished every last drop for the relatively short time it lasted. While she did not regret their choice of Weyrs, she might never grow to be used to the mountain climate.

Why, I would never, Hesperith replied coyly, an almost tittering quality to the words as she arched her neck, most pleased. No more than is absolutely necessary, I swear! After all, what good a glimmering hide if there is an itch under the gleam? The response was all in good humor, though, rather than an actual attempt to deny whatever vanity she might have.

Bless. Sylfie was delighted that the other rider was willing to leave the socializing to their dragons. Hesperith did more than enough talking for the both of them, anyway.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:54 pm
I, fortunately, never find myself quite so plagued, his words brimmed with pride over the attentive care of his rider, who had found a rather unpleasant patch of skin between his wingthumb and the side of the 'palm' and was currently scrubbing at it to get the dead skin off of the spot. Though it was good to know that it wouldn't just....go away once he'd hit his full size - which was already looking to be a middling length amongst his siblings.

Every inch will be perfection, though, D'rok said, not minding at all - he'd never even considered being disappointed in a 'small' dragon as a lifemate.

A bath is nice, itch or no itch, I should hope. admittedly with his youth, Khazariath had yet to experience bathing for the sheer sake of getting clean, rather than the maintenance of young hide.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Of course. A dutiful rider would never overindulge Theirs in such a way, no matter what a delight it is to be scrubbed and oiled. There can be too much of a good thing. Ah, what bliss it would be to be so tended more often, but only in the short term - it simply wasn't good for one's hide. And it took quite a lot of time, besides.

A good bath is lovely, always, and time well spent with our most beloved. Hesperith turned her head to gently nuzzle Hers, who rubbed her nose affectionately before returning to work.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 am
Khazariath couldn't help but mimic the gesture, leaning over to bump his nose against the top of D'rok's head as the young man continued his attentive checking. "Hey now," he said, leaning in to press his cheek briefly against that of his dragon's before turning back to his task.

There was still an awful lot of dragon to check over.

It is fortunate to be so well cared for, though it wasn't as though dragons didn't have some ability to tend to the larger cleaning themselves, the tighter details of it were much better left to smaller hands and closely watching eyes. Has the rest of your day been so kind - surely you have plans to look forward to, there would be more lessons awaiting Khazariath, so there was great interest to the young bronze in what the older dragons did with their time.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 pm
Hesperith thrummed agreement with the little bronze; Hers was most diligent, as was only proper, and always had been. She never had the slightest about the care she received, from her hide to her claws and teeth. For all Sylfie's concerns about whether she was 'enough,' Hesperith knew well that she was.

It is nothing short of a perfect summer day, the gold answered, pleased as always by warm and sunny weather. Today is our rest day, as it happens, and Mine wishes to go and visit with her parents awhile. Your days are quite full, I imagine - what studies have they had you at of late?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 pm
Khazariath had never any inkling of 'enough' - D'rok had been attentive from the very start (once he'd been gently informed he was looking at the wrong bronze) and D'rok had never slacked or questioned if he wasn't doing it right. It was rather nice to not have to beg and pine for proper attention.

We've been most studious of geography but also in getting our young wings is truly proper flying form - we fly, yes, but in the way I imagine a young child first runs. Only he was crashing into less young trees now. We are fortunate that our loved ones are all here, so while we cannot stray from the Weyr on days off the option of visiting family is still available to us.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:34 pm
We did not study much geography when I was small, the gold admitted, But things were very different than, at Ista at least. It was not so terribly important that we know much more than the basics of what a dragon and rider must. They did prepare us well enough for flying, though.

You are fortunate to have them all so close. Mine often finds herself homesick for her family, and for our friends from weyrlinghood. Not that High Reaches is not a most excellent home, of course. Hesperith was quite pleased with their decision, at least, though in an ideal world she'd have liked to have her clutchmates closer as well.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:42 am
Khazariath's eyes whirled with interest - he knew Ista on a map (well, D'rok did), but - I would like to hear more about Ista, if you have any care to share it. Even if just a little. Perhaps thinking of home was bittersweet now and Hespirith would be uninclined.

I would like to enjoy all of their company while they are still here. Some may have had plans to go to Western once their 5 years of service were up. Some may not even make it that far, as morbid as it was to consider. I believe I have heard it said that home is where the heart is - and with those I love all here at High Reaches, I can't imagine anywhere else quite sufficing.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 am
Oh, it is lovely! Hesperith said with a happy sigh, not hesitating to offer up images of her time there. The climate is delightful, and it is right on the sea! As dragonets, before we could fly, we would bathe under a charming little waterfall. I did not stay long, though - most of the dragons and riders there then were older, enjoying their retirements.
It was hardly an exciting place for young dragons, so most all of us went our own ways once we could. I'm sure it's very different now.

Do you think some of them will wish to leave? she asked, curious. She was all too aware, of course, of the dangers of weyrlinghood - even without taking Thread into consideration - and carefully avoided the sadder implications of Khazariath's desire to spend time with his siblings while they were still here. You are fortunate to have all your loved ones so near. I suppose, if home is where the heart is, then I have many homes. With clutchmates and children scattered here, there, and everywhere, and Hers' family in Nerat.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 am
Khazariath carefully took stock of all of the images and anecdotes that Hespirith was sharing with him. Each was valuable information - though in what context he'd use any of it, he wasn't sure. It wouldn't be good to hoard it just to have it, but until he had a chance to figure out any true value or not, he'd not be dismissing any of it. Do you ever think you should have returned there to support it when Thread returned? It wasn't a malicious question, but more of a curious dive into the gold's thoughts.

Her question earned a soft hum. I don't know. I feel like many of Theirs were from High Reaches to begin with. and from what time he and D'rok had spent with their fellow Weyrlings, nobody had seemed particularly vocal about leaving when their 5 years were up. At least, for those who were from Western. Does it make it easier, or harder, to face Thread to have your heart so spread out?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 am
I did consider it, Hesperith answered, taking no offense to being asked such a question, But High Reaches was the most prepared, and better able to provide us with the necessary training. And, truth be told, we had few attachments at Ista to begin with - when I was hatched, most of the pairs there were retired. We young ones tended to scatter once we were old enough. She missed her life before Thread far more than she missed Ista, and would have been quite content to live out most of her life in Nerat with Hers and their friends and family.

I assume they will likely stay, then, if this was their home to begin with. So that, at least, Khazariath wouldn't need to worry about, though as unpleasant as it was to think about, there were other reasons he might not be able to enjoy their company indefinitely. I imagine it is more or less the same. I know them all to be capable, so I do not fret overmuch. Of course, she knew well that they weren't invincible, as they had had their losses, but Hesperith was not a worrier by nature.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces