Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP]Looking to the Sky (I'zrin/Maestoth+La'hisen/Othelloth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 pm
Their first flights had gone...well, they had gone. There had been failed takeoffs and even more failed landings, and more than a few wandering and windblown flight paths, but no one had been gravely injured. Doubtless there had been some wounded pride, a broken claw here and there, but outside of some embarrassing performances, overall things had gone fairly smoothly. And really, what Maestoth cared most about was that he had done quite well for himself. He'd experienced a slight hiccup when he'd encountered a thermal and soared higher than intended, but that hardly counted as an issue, not to him. His landings had been a bit rough, but he hadn't killed any trees or splashed down in the lake, so as far as he was concerned, he was at the head of the pack. Nothing new there.

Now, freshly scrubbed and oiled on the morning of the following rest day, Maestoth wasn't resting. The pale brown was stretching and flapping, going through all of his exercises to ensure he was in top form as always. It wouldn't be long now before he was flying with His, and if he had his way, that would be nothing but perfect.

I'zrin sat watching nearby, idly combing his fingers through hair that currently faded from orange to red, and was still damp from the morning's work of bathing his dragon.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:05 pm
To think about his own rough landings--and his attempt where he even failed to get off the ground--had lit a fire under Othelloth that could not be quenched. After making sure the blue had been fed, La'hisen grabbed breakfast for himself before they headed off to bathe and oil. The blue dragon still walked with all the same regal bearing that he had on the sands, but now his long legs meant he was nearly the same height as his rider. There was certainly more of him to scrub now, but La'hisen relished every moment.

"You're going to be taller than most, I think." He commented idly on their walk back, knowing Othelloth intended to do his wing exercises once they did. He'd seen such things in caprines, though his dragon didn't have that awkward gangly factor to him. Did you just compare me to a beast of prey? He snorted, lifting his head with mock-offense though his eyes were still a steady blue. "Only if you start bleating about it." La'hisen smirked, only to nearly fall on his face as Othelloth 'accidentally' shoved a foot in his path for him to trip over.

The dragon didn't hasten his stride, but there was an almost smug prance to it now as La'hisen threatened to have pretty blue straps for his riding gear... Othelloth craned his head a bit more as he spotted someone familiar in the distance, letting out a bugle of greeting. Maestoth was certainly one of his favorite siblings, and Othelloth didn't hesitate to look over his form as the strong brown flapped and stretched.

Good morning, Maestoth. You cut a fine figure, as always. The compliment came easily, and the blue didn't hesitate to step nearby before beginning to stretch out his own wings.

La'hisen, for his part, settled next to I'zrin without any of the reluctance he would have displayed only a few months ago, watching the two dragons. "Othelloth would rather throw himself Between before letting someone see one of his less-than-spectacular." He said wryly to the other Weyrling.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:42 pm
Maestoth answered the bugle with ine of his own when he recognized it to be none other than the very finest of his clutchmates - apart from himself, of course - his eyes shifting from green to a deep blue. He didn't even need smarten up his pose, as he already held a strong stance with his wings spread wide. He already looked glorious, and he knew it.

As do you, brother, he answered with a warm rumble, craning out his neck to bump heads with the blue. Of all their siblings, Othelloth was the only one he claimed genuine friendship with. Some were tolerable or even pleasant, but he viewed only the blue as being anywhere near his equal. They were in a league entirely their own, and if Othelloth had had any trouble with one of his take-offs...well, Maestoth had been careful not to notice. It is a fine morning to stretch our wings, is it not?

"Maestoth would have been mortified if he'd had a real mishap. Thank Faranth neither of them ended up in the lake." Not that I'zrin had anticipated they would, but once he and Maestoth had watched it happen to others, not doing that had been at the forefront of their minds. "He's already convinced himself that going too high that first time didn't count as an actual mistake." Which I'zrin wouldn't have shared with just anyone, out of respect for his dragon, but La'hisen, being Othelloth's, was 'safe' to confide in when it came to such things.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:55 pm
Othelloth crooned quietly at the touch, not hesitating to press his nose to Maestoth's. He'd sympathized with his brother since day one, when Argamath had demanded the brown submit as someone of his color should. Please. How typical of metallics--Khazariath seemed less inclined to try and throw his weight around, at least. Othelloth certainly knew his own worth, but understood the rules of High Reaches... and how to play by them.

He gave an experimental flap, though nowhere near his full strength. He didn't want to kick up any dust while he was so close to Maestoth! I certainly can't complain, and it is much improved with your company. Yes, he was aware of how highly his brother thought himself, but there was no shame in such confidence. Most certainly wished they could carry themselves as regally as Zenobiath and Aresoth's children did.

"Or in a tree." La'hisen agreed, shaking his head. Othelloth had managed to get himself off course during his first attempt.... and his landing had been painful to watch. "He got himself back down without help." He shrugged, inclined to agree with the young dragon on some levels. "I'm just glad Othelloth didn't break a claw on his first and last landing." He could feel the blue bristle with the memory, but I'zrin was trusted not to judge."

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:22 am
Maestoth gave a pleased rumble at the returned contact; not that he didn't have his brother's company every day, but he appreciated it all the same, especially with so much lesser company for comparison. It wouldn't have bothered him so if some of it weren't so...insufferable. He tolerated because he had to, because lessons required them to work together, but it would never not bother him.

At least on rest days he could keep what company he liked. Indeed, the brown agreed, stretching out and flexing his wings just so, and perhaps with just a bit more vigor than before. This is far preferable to the average morning. It will be better still when we have our own weyrs.

"I'd take the lake over a tree any day, especially this time of year." In winter it would have been closer to a toss-up, but crashing into a tree would hurt. Maestoth had different priorities, however, and was of the opinion that the lake would be more embarrassing. As for claws... "Maestoth got lucky with that, too - ah, sorry. He'd like to remind me that luck had nothing to do with it."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:36 pm
He stretched his wings out to his fullest now, shifting a bit away from his brother so he could give a few serious flaps. Othelloth kept his head tilted to observe and admire Maestoth, noting his particularly impressive wingspan and how muscular he was becoming. Yes, it certainly seemed as though he would outgrow at least two of their bronze siblings, at this rate. Not that size mattered much at all to him.

Soon. Though it was very likely Othelloth would find himself sharing a weyr with another. A minor irritation at best--and just another slight against those dragons living at High Reaches. It all mattered very little compared to fighting Thread. There were those that might think less of him simply because his hide was blue, and he pitied those individuals. How little they knew. We are all beginning to grow a little big for the barracks now, mm?

La'hisen could only imagine trying to remove shards of wood from those soft, supple dragon hides, and shook his head. "Agreed. They don't care about the cold anyway, right? Gotta be better than the splinters..." That was a mild word for it. He snorted a bit at the brown dragon's correction, but his smirk was an easy thing. "Of course it didn't. All skill, for both of them."

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 pm
Though Othelloth shifted a bit away, it was for practical reasons, and it was still a companionable distance, so Maestoth accepted this more flap-friendly arrangement without complaint. And it provided a fine enough view, at any rate, while they worked.

Some of us moreso than others, Maestoth noted smugly, as he absolutely delighted in how apparent it was that he would outstrip most of his clutchmates (and a certain bronze in particular, which was exactly who the dig was intended to reference). I will enjoy having more space, and a ledge of my own.

"Splinters are wretched, even the little ones," I'zrin agreed. How something so tiny could hurt so sharding much was terribly unfair. As for the dragons... "Nothing but skill and natural aptitude with these two."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Private space would be a boon, at times. Othelloth agreed. He knew his La'hisen certainly would have preferred it, but there were plenty of places where they could both find solitude around the Weyr, if they so desired.

He beat his wings hard, rising up onto his hind legs as he did so. No doubt you'll receive a weyr that befits one of your prowess, Maestoth. And if he did not, it would be a shame. His brother would not take such a slight easily.

The young man grunted an acknowledgement, grateful that they hadn't had to deal with any of it. "As though they could do any less." Though amused, there was a pride in his voice, too. It was easy to call the dragons arrogant... but there was no doubt of their work ethic, and their desire to become stronger.

If that meant they were a little over proud... well, La'hisen could think of worse flaws.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:44 pm
Would it not? I could stand to see a bit less of certain company. He tolerated it, of course, as they were all expected to work together, but that didn't mean he liked it. He looked forward to spending a bit less time in close proximity to so many of his siblings. At least his ledge and resting hours would be his own, to share only if he wished it.

The invitees would be few, to be sure. Bunching his powerful hindquarters, the brown made a test leap. One can hope, though I doubt even the most gleaming among us will be able to boast of a truly prime spot. Still, he'd likely be just a little better-accomodated than Othelloth, which seemed unjust. If such decisions were made based on merit rather than color, his blue brother should expect a most excellent weyr. Alas. You will always be welcome on my ledge, of course. If His weren't so taken with a certain other, Maestoth wouod have suggested that Othelloth and La'hisen could room with them, but much as I'zrin liked La'hisen, Maestoth knew better than to offer such an arrangement. The young man was looking forward to his space and...private time.

"They'd never dare," I'zrin agreed, deeply fond even in his amusement. He could jest about Maestoth's pride all he wanted - in select company, anyway - but he was far from humble himself, and Impressing certainly hadn't dulled his vanity.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 pm
Though La'hisen pointedly refused to discuss it, Othelloth was at least content in the knowledge that his shared ledge would be with someone pleasant. Holleth was a fine and noble beast, not inclined to being quarrelsome from what the younger blue had seen. I would utterly delight in Argamath receiving a drafty weyr with the tendency to grow damp in the rain. Oh, they would never hear the end of it, and Othelloth would relish every single second of it.

The invitation, though perhaps not a surprise, was still utterly flattering. You are too kind to me, brother. He allowed affection to color his words. Some might say that Maestoth was an arrogant, unfeeling creature, but the blue knew better. Maestoth simply had a particular view of the world and where he fit into it. I will no doubt take you up on it, at your convenience. The thought of a lovely view while having a handsome brown at his side was enough to have him internally purr, and La'hisen glanced over at his dragon with an arched brow.

"You worried about when they get into a wing?" He asked. His blue was clever enough to play the play into the Weyr's rules, unbothered by the slights that might be given to him due to his chromatic status. But Maestoth... La'hisen had a hard time imagining that the dragon would take such a thing laying down.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out