Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Scrub Away Your Worries (Dehka, D'rok, Khazariath) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:10 pm
"You did well," D'rok said as he scrubbed at Khazariath's hide. The young bronze, more bruised in ego than in body, had been thoroughly checked over and his worst scrapes had been tended to. I can do better, Khazariath answered gravely, echoing the way D'rok spoke to himself over the slightest of trip ups. He crinkled his nose, lower lip sticking out just barely in some simile of a pout.

"You will - but not tonight" pausing in his scrubbing, D'rok reached out to stroke one of his dragon's headknobs adoringly. Khazariath's head curled back into the gesture, a croon catching in his throat. Had there been any other dragon close nearby, he'd have perhaps not allowed himself such candid freedom.

But that rotten feeling of inadequacy sat in the middle of their shared mental room, a miserable pile that would be spread out between them to be less overwhelming. D'rok would have to find them both a good distraction…

Once he was done scrubbing.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:13 am
As soon as lessons were finished for the day, Dehka was off like a shot. Today, after all, was the day. The day that Zenobiath's children had flown! It felt as though he'd watched them hatch not so long ago, and now...! There was one Weyrling pair in particular that he was all but dying to share his excitement with, and Honor zipped over his head with a trill to lead the way. The young man apologized hastily as he dodged past people before really letting himself begin to run once he was mostly in the clear. He was barely even breathing hard by the time he got to the lake, but his cheeks were flushed with excitement as he slowed himself down to a jog.

"Khazariath, you were amazing!" He said exultantly, "I saw you in the air!" The sun had had set his hide ablaze with color, and the small bronze had rode the currents so effortlessly before he'd dipped down beyond Dehka's sight. The memory was awe-inspiring even now, and he could hardly keep himself from grinning broadly at the young dragon and his friend.

"What was it like?" The question was eagerly posed to both D'rok and the bronze, before he finally took a breath. He had no doubt that all of Khazariath's siblings had done equally well in their own way, but he didn't know their riders like he knew D'rok. He wouldn't dream of mobbing them for questions... and it suddenly occurred to the young man that he might be intruding on a private moment between the two.

"I'm sorry," He apologized at once, sheepishness and anxiety warring over his face. "I didn't think--I got caught up in the moment, and... um, would it be better if I came back later?"

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 pm
You are not intruding, Khazaristh assured. What tender private moment the two were having was quickly smoothed over into something a touch more refined as Dehka all but announced himself. Khazariath held his head high, mantling his wings just slightly so like he was smoothing out a cloak to sit just so in the face of company. Despite the wall of composure the bronze built, he still offered a soft keen of greeting to Dehka.

"That must have been our second go," it had been their best one, but D'rok wouldn't air that dirty laundry to him. He'd keep that secret nice and neat for him and Khazariath...and every Weyrling who'd seen the other disasters. "I admit for me it felt like...." how could he put this in a way that Dehka could possibly grasp even the hem of the analogy? "Have you ever spent time flying during the day with your dad, and then at night when you're laying in bed your body still feels like it's in the air?" Was it an assumption that Dehka had gone flying with N'ori and Dehka a lot?

Khazariath's eyes whirled an amused blue and green. It did not come as easily as instinct would say - but it felt right, when it didn't feel like being dragged across a bed of rocks.

xxxxTsunake

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:30 pm
The young man relaxed a little at the bronze's reassurances, but he was also well aware that both rider and dragon had undoubtedly been sharing their thoughts and feelings before he'd arrived. How could they not? They were linked more intimately than words could describe, and it made Dehka all the more humble that they chose to share their time with him. He had to smile brightly at the way Khazariath rearranged himself so neatly, and the gentle keen made him bow a little with respect.

"Only your second?" Dehka's amazement was unfeigned. "You looked completely natural up there..." As for D'rok's comparison, he considered that only briefly before grinning. "Yeah!" Because of course N'ori had taken him and Kahbrohm up--and still did, when there was time! But with Thread's return and both he and Kah busy with lessons, it wasn't nearly as frequent as it used to be. "I see... So it's almost a weightless kind of sensation, but not terribly different from being on a boat..." Maybe. He, admittedly, didn't have much experience with boats.

"You really were amazing," He confided to the young bronze, almost sighing with admiration. "I'm so proud of you guys! You're a fantastic team."

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:57 pm
Nothing about it had been natural, but Khazariath wasn't exactly eager to rub his reputation about in the dirt, even to Dehka in all of his familiarity. "He did great," D'rok agreed, wrapping up his dragon's nervous heart so he could fret over it later. He knew - he understood. As for boats, well....

"I haven't been on a boat," D'rok admitted. It wasn't exactly something a weyrbrat was lined up to do, after all. His father hadn't worked with boats, nor had his mother. And D'rok had never been to painfully aware of his lack of experience with boats. Huh.

Khazariath sat up a little taller for the praise, though he was careful to keep it from going to his head. There is no other I would rather have on my team - always, while his voice remained even, D'rok could feel love from his dragon. Love that was raw and real and constant every day. Perhaps there will come a day we can fly with you as well.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:11 pm
"And there's no real reason you'll ever need to, now." Dehka laughed. Unless D'rok and Khazariath suddenly took up a life of piracy... but as a bronze, he didn't think it'd be so easy to find a big enough ship that the dragon's weight and size wouldn't overbalance.

His smile softened at the simple admittance. Honestly, he hoped to have that kind of bond one day. "I hope so!" He wouldn't dare pin his hopes on thinking that there'd be guaranteed dragon for him... but he absolutely dreamed about it.

Taking that first trip into the sky with his dragon... That'd be something truly special. "I can't wait until you guys get to fly together." He sighed, already lost in his thoughts. He'd gotten to meet so many friends who deserved that kind of love in their life, and D'rok was definitely one of them.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Khazariath rumbled softly, leaning out to touch his snout to Dehka's forehead. Do you not wish to join us? had he been remiss in making such an invitation? D'rok stroked his dragon's neck idly with one of the hand brushes, continuing his goal of getting most of the muck off of the poor boy.

"Soon enough. It already feels like I fly with him, though," D'rok pointed out. Sure, he was an anchor on the ground, but it had been just as freeing for him to be, mentally, in the air with his dragon.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:46 am
The gentle touch and offer made a smile positively bloom across his face, more than a little honored. "I'd love to, if you both don't mind. D'rok, did you want any help?" Khazariath's grooming was already in good hands, but he'd offer to help so he wasn't just standing around and admiring.... not that the bronze dragon didn't deserve to be admired. Small as he was, his confirmation was beautiful, built for speed and elegance instead of the raw power he'd seen in other bronzes and browns.

"Yeah, I bet!" He knew he could never perfectly imagine that bond, no matter how much he daydreamed about it. "Then you'll be onto fighting Thread, and probably leading your own Wing one day. It was incredibly gratifying to watch his friend be the proud dragonrider he'd always wanted to be.

More so than that, it was gratifying to see D'rok be so confident in himself.

demon_pachabel
Editing because I forgot to shorten D'rok's name, thirty years later.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am
His own Wing. D'rok hadn't thought about it since he'd impressed, too enamored with his lifemate to worry about the steps that went beyond being completely and totally in love with the bronze. "It would be a great honor and responsibility to be a Wingleader - and we will be someday," who else would be so tender and considerate a dragon at the head of a Wing?

Then again, D'rok didn't know those who were already in such position yet - and while he didn't think poorly of them or theirs, he was very, very biased that HIS was the best dragon on Pern. Khazariath basked in the love.

"What do you think? Do you want another hand?" D'rok asked to Khazariath, the bronze spreading out his wings to their full length so they could be admired - which he admittedly did rather enjoy. The young man grinned. "If you want to, be very gentle with his wings - they did work awfully hard today."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:56 pm
You know.... It made him wonder why N'ori wasn't a Wingleader. Maybe he'd ask him. It was a lot of responsibility, and Dehka couldn't fault anyone if they didn't feel up to the task. But seeing as it was his father, and he was one of the best on all of Pern as far as he was concerned... well, it made him think.

His eyes widened as those beautiful wings spread, and he couldn't help the laugh that slipped from him. "I will!" He promised, knowing all too well what sore muscles felt like.

Though dragon wings were much stronger than they looked, Dehka couldn't help but think of them as a little fragile. They were so important! Picking up a brush, he began to scrub one of those lovely wings--hard enough to get the dirt and sweat away, but gentle enough to hopefully not agitate. "Let me know if I need to do something differently."

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:21 am
Khazariath watched with intent interest as Dehka got to scrubbing, eyes whirling with a safe blue that edged into a cautious yellow as he considered the young man further. "He's tougher than he looks, but that looks good so far," they weren't trying to scrub patchy dead skin off, after all. Just muck from gracelessly dragging themselves across the ground.

He moved to crouch at his dragon's feet, taking one of Khazariath's feet to start cleaning between the claws and checking carefully to see if any had broken during all of their less-than-fantastic landings.

The young bronze, after his long appraisal, leaned down to brush his snout against the top of Dehka's head as he worked, huffing softly.

D'rok laughed. "I think he likes you."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:05 pm
Oh, geez. Dehka paused for a moment at the touch before breaking out in a slow, if dazzling grin. How could he not feel his heart swell up with absolute adoration? "I like him, too." Dehka loved him, in fact. Green Cythereath had been the first dragon outside of his family to absolutely entrance him, but Khazariath had a nobility and charm all of his own

Not unlike D'rok, honestly. Maybe it was just because D'rok was the first person he knew well enough to pick out the similarities...

He carefully moved to another section of wing, scrubbing away the offending dirt. "It's hard not to," He continued, "Even when he hatched, he was looking out for his clutchsibs." Dehka thought that was an extremely admirable thing to do.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm
Someone must - many need the guidance. Khazariath wasn't being haughty with the observation, even if D'rok may have been, but rather mindful of those amongst his clutch who had less confidence, less certainty, and perhaps simply did better knowing that they could follow instruction and not worry about things that they didn't need to. But - I know you have some mind about you as to those more vocal rebels too D'rok needled him privately. The bronze shifted and turned a yellow and blue eyed look upon the young man.

"We both hope to be keeping an eye out for both of our families for some time to come," D'rok would deflect heat off of his siblings with a match in gleaming hide, and while they both knew it would be at least 5 turns before they'd have their shot at promotion it was a steady course to follow.

While they'd talked dragons before, though, D'rok had to ask the lingering question; "Are you feeling anxious in still waiting?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 pm
That was true. Dehka didn't miss the way Khazariath glanced at his rider, but dismissed it without much thought. When one was connected through thoughts and emotions... well, private communication was inevitable. He was grateful that the bronze didn't mind speaking to him directly. Some dragons only spoke to their riders.

His nod was thoughtful, for he knew a little about D'rok's father. Now that D'rok was--or would be, to be accurate--his father's equal in rank, his words and actions would have much more weight. "I know you both will." He believed that firmly.

His chest tightened slightly at the question, but it was a fair one. "Yeah." Dehka admitted. D'rok knew exactly how he was feeling, so it didn't feel like he'd be burdening his friend by talking about it. "Sometimes, I try to tell myself I feel fine. Like if it's meant to happen, it will." He glanced away from Khazariath to meet D'rok's eyes. "But deep down, I'm afraid. I want it more than anything." No matter how hard he worked, whether he became a dragonrider or not wasn't up to him. He wanted to help protect Pern and the people he loved, and knowing some of them were in the thick of danger was agonizing. "I know dwelling on it won't do me any good, so I try to stay busy. I have to believe it will happen." Because if it, the alternative was far too painful to consider. T'nus had brought it up before, and while a contingency plan would have been the rational thing to do, he struggled to even consider what he else he might do.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:01 pm
D'rok hadn't really been able to imagine anybody was as stressed over waiting as he had been when his father had loomed over him - a haughty and selfish thought, really - so while he was understanding of Dehka's concern it also felt strange to be considering it wouldn't come. Especially when his father had given him the impression of being a good fellow.

"Why wouldn't it happen? It could be whatever gold goes up next, you know." D'rok offered encouragingly. "I think it's better to be waiting without expectation too." Even if he'd gotten everything he could have ever dreamed of - and also HAD dreamed of - in the bronze that was sitting with as much regal poise as a dragon of his size could have mustered. D'rok was smitten all over again with that perfection. "I mean, the lack of fear and dread should be so much easier."

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces