Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Something in the air. (Niobet/Aedeth& Eirana/Faveleth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 pm
A walk was good for the constitution. It was also a prime oppportunity to be Seen and to be Noticed. Niobet had had most of the attention she needed in her life, already, she supposed. It wasn't that she minded being noticed, certainly, but she simply didn't crave the attention. Not like some.

Some of whom wore golden hides and processed rather than simply walking, because everyone deserved a chance to admire them in their full glory. It was simply their -- her -- due, and Aedeth carried herself as if all those who could see her simply knew it to be fact. Today, as she presented herself, she swept patterns across the ground behind her with her tail, stirring up a bit of dust and sending the occasional small rock tumbling through the air.

Niobet sneezed for the fourth time, and glared half-heatedly up at her dragon. "Must you?"

No, came the smug reply. But I will because I'm enjoying myself. So are you.

And having said so, she gave the tip of her tail an extra flick. This time a pebble the size of two curled fingers whished over Niobet's head and, unfortunately, directly toward someone coming the other way.

"Hey! No!" Another glare for the dragon and Niobet called, "Heads! Look out!" toward the other person.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 pm
Spring was in full-bloom over High Reaches Weyr, with blue skies, warm sunshine, and not a cloud to be found in miles. Snow was now only found in the most well shaded of areas, or the highest neighboring peaks, and for that, Eirana was grateful. Beckoned from her ledge by the promise of a nice walk, Favaleth had joined Hers for the excursion.

Their walk had been relatively quiet, until Favaleth had seen her. Oh, how the small green had found herself immediately defensive and on edge. What on Pern was she doing here?

Relax, darling. It's a fine day to be out--I'm sure all the--

The gall of her! I wouldn't think such a being would deign to let her claws touch the very soil us peons share. The green dragon's eyes blue-green had begun to have flecks of red and yellow cut through the cooler colors. It couldn't be helped. Golds were a threat as far as Favaleth was concerned, and she preferred to avoid them at all cost.

Hush now, beloved. This time the green rider put a bit more force and command behind her thoughts. She wasn't going to let her green spoil the mood, and she certainly wasn't going to cause any trouble. She isn't a threat. She assured, quite certain.

Where Favaleth had paused, Eirana had continued on her way. There were plenty of gold riders at the Weyr--one couldn't avoid them, and Eirana didn't have a lick of disdain for them. She recognized the pair immediately as Niobet and Aedeth, and while she didn't know them on any level beyond recognition, she saw no reason not to walk past. Whether or not Favaleth cared to join her was up to the red-eyed green feeling sullen behind her.

I promise, Favaleth, they likely won't even--

Niobet's cry went out, and though the woman attempted to duck out of the way, she wasn't quite fast enough. Though the stone missed her head, it did bounce hard against her shoulder. Without wearing her riding leathers, it was enough to hurt--or at least startle her. "Oh!"

Where Favaleth had been half-prepared to return to her weyr and avoid confronting the great queen, with a stone being thrown most deliberately at Hers, the little green immediately gave a bellow of objection. Look what you've done! How dare you! Stomping up, wings partially unfurled, the green dragon glared up at Aedeth--even as Eirana tried to mitigate her green's irritation.

"Oh! No, it's fine, really!" And it was. No harm, no foul. Just an awkward first meeting of two of High Reaches finest.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:46 pm
That was careless! Niobet scolded, even as she jogged a few steps toward the other woman. "Are you all right? I'm so sorry. She wasn't aiming for you, I swear it. We didn't even see you there. Where did it hit you?" It had't missed, that was for certain. She'd cried out in pain, or maybe just surprise, but that meant the stone had found some bit of flesh.

And then, of course, there was the dragon.

Aedeth had been saying, If they are too slow to heed your warning, it serves them -- but then there was an angry green with wings spreading and eyes going red and the gold didn't plan for a moment to put up with that. Her own eyes picked up bits of red as she arched her neck and hissed at Faveleth. Back away from me, little green. How dare you!

Niobet twisted where she stood to face the pair of dragons so se could call out, "Aedeth, stop it!" then swivel back to Eirana. "Are you all right? Honestly."

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:31 pm
This absolutely couldn't get any worse--until Aedeth responded exactly as any queen (or dragon) might. To have a hissing queen so near was a bit unsettling, even for Eirana. She might have been accustomed to Favaleth's moods, but as soon as word reached out to, well, anyone really, it would be her head for sure!

Favaleth! Eirana tried to mentally scold, even as she attempted to reassure Niobet. "Oh, it's fine, really," she spoke, trying hard to ignore the seething ire from her bondmate. "Landed right on the shoulder, but honest, won't be more than bruise, if that!" Sure, it smarted a bit, but nothing that she couldn't handle "I was more surprised than anything--truly," she offered Niobet a quick smile before having no choice but to try to calm her green.

"Favaleth, that's quite enough!" Her words were sharp, and she put as much weight behind them as she could. Let her green gripe in private, but this display would do no one any good. And it wasn't Niobet or Aedeth who would suffer the consequences, either.

To have Aedeth hissing at her, only lit the green dragon's displeasure further. Unfortunately, though, Aedeth was a queen--and even without the use of a command, Favaleth couldn't exactly stare down a snarling queen. As badly as she might wish to, her wings began to fold back against her side, and the red of her eyes whirled more yellow-white at their edges. She was not a cowardly green, but Aedeth was, and would always be, her superior.

No matter what she might want to say or do--she could not. Would not. Such knowledge burned like a hot iron against her pride. Her tail lashed with her defiance, and though she rumbled angrily, she did take a few heavy steps back and away. I was in my right to defend mine from your carelessness! She protested, hating every moment of being underneath Aedeth regard.

Worse, even Hers had to tell her off. That stung far more than being forced to retreat or fold her wings. Oh, today was going to be a very bad day.

"I'm sorry--she's always a bit high-strung and defensive." It wasn't meant to be an excuse, but it was the truth. Favaleth had been hatched with a chip on her shoulder, and metallics bore the brunt of it. Faranth help them if word of this got around. Eirana knew her father would have her head--if he hadn't already disowned her from not living up to the metallic potential he'd demanded of all his children. Easy there, love. Please...I promise it wasn't intentional. I'm fine. You're fine. We'll be fine, just... let Aedeth alone.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:42 am
As the green forced herself to calm down, Aedeth backed off as well. Not without an easily felt sense of vindication, but the hissing stopped and she lifted her head again to consider Faveleth with an eye only faintly tinged orange. Business as usual, those who knew this particular gold might say. Defend, yes. Protect Yours, always. But if I had meant to do her harm, your challenge could not have stopped me. I did not know the stone was there. It was an accident. Aedeth swung her head to look at Niobet, who gave a curt nod that made the larger dragon snort. I am sorry you were alarmed, she added with all the grace of a petulant teen.

Niobet heaved a sigh of her own, shoulders relaxing as the dragons quieted at least a little. She turned back to Eirana. "It shouldn't have happened. I'm glad you don't feel worse." She looked Faveleth over speculatively, then let herself smile as she said, "She has a lot of spirit."

Uta

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:40 pm
Samuel Carlin
Sorry for the delay!

Favaleth continued to glower up at Aedeth, the tip of her tail swishing irritably behind her. Though there was a hint of red still within her gaze, she was powerless against the larger gold--and it pissed her off all the more that all present parties knew it. Not only was the queen substantially larger than she, but she held a power and presence that no green (or any dragon, outside of another queen) could fight. And oh, how it chafed.

Though her rider was not badly injured, she did not like Aedeth's tone--but did it matter? No. For she was some metallic who had to answer to no one--or at least, very few. Hmph. For a long moment, the irritable green said nothing, knowing full well she was capable of saying something nasty back. But, with her rider's encouragement, the green finally, grudgingly, spoke.

As if I don't know that.[/i She grumbled at Aedeth's response. But with her riders hand reaching out to touch her neck, and the soft spoken plea to take the gracious rode, the green dragon huffed, and pointedly sat down. There. I am sorry you had such an aim. I suppose it was only an accident. She wouldn't apologize for her reaction--accident or not, Hers was still now left with a bruise, and she felt she had every right to have told the other off--gold or not.

Eirana, of course, was grateful that Niobet wasn't preparing to flay her for her green's temper. Of course, this still could cause her trouble later on, but maybe word wouldn't spread. She offered the woman a small, if slightly still nervous smile, and a quick shake of her head. "Spirited is an understatement. She's always been a handful and far more outspoken than a green ought to be." She loved her, dearly, but the dragon had an iron will, and Eirana found she often had to keep her reined in. "She'll be quieter now," she assured--and made sure Favaleth understood that there would be no more outbursts.

"Yours certainly is a beauty this close. The sun really shows off her glittering hide and the variety of colors in it." She admired, deciding to change the subject away from what had brought the two together. Complimenting others dragons was neutral ground, and her words weren't hollow or fake. She had admired the weyrwomen of High Reaches Weyr, and their dragons, since she'd been a child, and had once envied them their lot. She now had her match, and while no dragon could compare to her beloved green, that didn't mean her admiration for the gold riders had gone away. The Weyr needed each and every one of them--especially with Thread's return.

Favaleth, for her part, only gave a snort.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:38 pm
At least the little stand-off was over. Aedeth had won, of course, but some of these smaller dragons could be quite fierce. Aedeth had met one or two, at least, who might have done her damage, if given the chance. If. The gold sat as well, seeming content to do so, for the moment at least. If Hers was going to stay and talk, it would only be polite. She could manage polite, today.

Besides: Yours is fortunate to have such a defender. That was a sincere observation. A compliment, in fact. Though out of place this time, perhaps, in another, you would have taken good care of her. I am glad to meet another so dedicated. As Aedeth was surely dedicated to Niobet.

Far from being ready to flay anyone, Niobet cast a glance up at the pratically-posing Queen and shook her head. "She doesn't have the manners to thank you, herself," she said fondly, and looked back at Eirana. "So I'll do it for her. Thank you. That's enough of that, though. The last thing she needs is more ego-stroking. The one she's got already outstrips the Weyr. Now. Where were you headed when we so rudely stopped you on your way?"

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:43 pm
Favaleth watched Aedeth with a suspicious eye, and though her tail tip twitched now and then, though Eirana could feel her irritability, she would not step out of line. She would behave for Hers' sake... at least for now.

When Aedeth spoke to her once more, Favaleth said nothing for a long moment. On the one hand, the green had littler interest in Aedeth's opinions--but on the other, why shouldn't the queen acknowledge how fortunate Hers was? If only Eirana could have heard such a thing! So the green shifted in her seat, and gave a small snort in agreement. I will always defend Mine against any perceived attack. While all dragons were naturally protective of Theirs, it was clear the little green was perhaps over-protective of Hers. She wasn't afraid of rank or dragon color--if Hers was in need, Favaleth would not hesitate to respond.

While Aedeth's aim in tossing rocks was in vast need of improvement, Favaleth was (grudgingly) ready to write it off as simply an accident. Not every fiery heart wears a coat of gold. I have no doubt Yours lacks in nothing. See? She could be nice.

Eirana smiled at Niobet, and gave a small grin. "I wouldn't expect a gold to have to thank me for something so obvious. Shouldn't a gold have her ego stroked? If not in High Reaches, than where?" Her words were light, and without rancor or bitterness. Unlike her green, Eirana took no issue with High Reaches Weyr, or its traditions and customs. A queen was far superior to any other dragon color; and a gold rider was due reverence. Still, it wasn't lip service, and she was more than happy to move on from the conversation, for Niobet's sake.

"We weren't really going anywhere in particular. It was such a nice day, I thought a walk would be in order, instead of being cooped up on a ledge, or within our weyr. And what of you? Headed out anywhere particular?" Perhaps it was bold of her to ask, but she assumed if Niobet hadn't the time to talk, she would have hurried on her way as soon as Eirana had said she was fine. A greenrider was likely little consequence to that of a queenrider, after all.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:59 am
Fiery hearts indeed. Was that a note of appreciation, albeing grudging, from the gold? It was. The lesss notice made of it the better, of course, but it was there. And then it was replaced by confident pride, the shift heralded by a little snort. No. What could Mine possibly need that she cannot have? An oversimplification of the way Pern worked, perhaps, but it really was that simple for Aedeth. Niobet wanted, Niobet got, in no less measure than Aedeth got her way and her desires.

"Nowhere in particular," Niobet agreed. "Nice weather made a walk seem like a good idea to us, too. It's nice to have a chance to enjoy the day without meetings or a full set overlapping chores that barely leave time for breathing." Goldrider or not, she still had daily chores to do, too, though many of hers were self-assigned. "And so, I should let you go. I'm sure Favaleth would appreciate it, at the very least." Amusemnt and understanding made her smile a little warmer. "It was nice to talk to you, though, Eirana. I look forward to seeing you again, some time that starts a little less dangerously."

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff