Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Work-Out Time (Destrierth/Khazariath+riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:22 pm
T'roiMine, I don't understand why you are making me do this, Destrierth gently complained as he ran in a wide circle in a quiet spot of High Reaches's Weyrbowl. The bronze weyrling dragon's gait was more lumbering than running, and he was already beginning to pant after just six laps. It was all he could do to keep his wings close to his side and not spread them and just take off -- but His had said he needed to run, so here he was.

T'roi shook his head. "It's because you've been sitting on your haunches too much, my love. There's a bit more of you than I would like. It's not healthy for a dragon as young as you. So, we run." He knew that it was as much his fault as it was his dragon's; he couldn't help but give the young bronze whatever he wanted to eat, whenever he wanted it...

Destrierth snorted and hung his head as he ran. Very well, if we must. If it makes me a better fighting dragon, I will do it. It is my legacy as a bronze of High Reaches, after all.

Glancing over at D'rok, T'roi gave a resigned shrug. "Yeah, it's your legacy," he said aloud to Destrierth. "This is as hard for me as it is for you..."

demon_pachabel
a start for you! <3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:41 pm
D'rok really would never get sick of watching Khazariath - the bronze simply had a certain elegance to him that was even more pronounced next to his much larger brother. Though he was biased, of course, but D'rok would have happily dragged out some candidates to judge between the two if the topic had come out.

D'rok, Khazariath's mental tone was only slightly chiding, always pleased to be adored, but not keen on having His drive a wedge between brothers over something so....subjective. D'rok smiled sheepishly, placing his hands on his hips. I know. I know. And he did - and he knew T'roi likely thought the same world of Destrierth.

Even if he wasn't the limber thing that Khazariath was. It was obvious from a look that he'd lose in a physical altercation or if another dragon crashed into them during drills in the future. Give and take.

Of course it will make you a better fighting dragon. It will also make you a better protector, Khazariath offered sympathetically, though he outpaced his brother by a few steps.

D'rok offered a shrug back to T'roi. "Better protector, right. You have to stay closer to him if he's gonna protect ya, buddy."

tatterpixie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:08 pm
It had been hard for T'roi to admit that Destrierth was in fact quite a bit overweight -- as far as he was concerned, Destrierth was perfect in every way. But once it had been pointed out during the wellness check, he couldn't unsee it. His bronze was big, and could carry a bit of weight, but this was too much. Especially compared to the smaller, more svelte form of Khazariath.

Destrierth looked toward his brother, who was a bit ahead of him.. I need to be the best protector I can be! Not only for my siblings, but for my future wingmates -- for all the Weyr! For all of Pern! he replied dramatically. He believed every bit of that, too -- it was his destiny to protect!

"I hate to do this to him," T'roi said softly to D'rok as he watched the bronze brothers finish another lap, "but he's... just... fat." There was really no denying it. "What was wrong with Khaz?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:39 pm
"Thicktail," D'rok replied grimly, "mostly dealt with the worst of it now, but....more water and more activity will help keep stuff.....not...in his gut." It was very awkward to say, as it was absolutely his shortcomings that had done it, rather than Khazariath who had to rely on him for every bit of his daily needs.

And you will be, how could Desterierth not be? He was easily going to be the largest of all of them - a true bronze after their father's strength. Which would be nice and memorable. Sigh. D'rok could feel it across their bond, that slight pang of envy - which he smoothed over with a mental hand. Come. We are both quite a ways away from that now as we are. Another lap? Khazariath's encouragement was gentle, but he did make a point to stay in the lead - he'd never be a beast of stamina OR strength like his brother.

tatterpixie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:08 pm
T'roi nodded sympathetically. "Ugh, thicktail is the worst. I hope you can keep things... moving... smoothly." The tall bronzerider was very happy that he had not been forced to deal with that particular ailment, especially given all the rich special treats he'd been giving to Destrierth. He still felt a little guilty about that.

Destrierth began to galumph even harder, trying to keep up with his smaller brother. Another lap, brother. And then one more after that. Exhausted as he was, he was not about to give up on his appointed task -- that of running around in circles. He had to demonstrate that he had what it took to be a true bronze, and live up to the legacy of great bronzes of yore!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:47 am
"It's messy, but I'd take it over a rotten tooth and him being in pain and not telling me," D'rok said, frowning slightly. Of course, Thicktail had to hurt in its own way too. "Better to know what I need to do to keep him in his best shape now, rather than wait too long and be in bad habits later."

It was nice to get some fresh air and let Khazariath spend a little time with one of his brothers that wasn't prescribed playtime from the Weyrlingmasters.

Then I shall make sure to accompany you for both, Khazariath said, though he didn't slow his own gait to stay in step with Destrierth, instead keeping at least a tail's length ahead - almost playfully so.

Tatterpixie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out